Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im selling a dota arcana on the steam market and need someone with too much money and too little sense to buy it and give me money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Bicyclops posted:

Not sure, Nilbop. There's a Small Questions megathread in Ask/Tell that might be helpful, I think that was where I identified an obscure claymation movie I couldn't remember the name of.

Cheers, I'll give it a look then. Hopefully somebody knows what I'm raving on about.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nilbop posted:

Sorry, wasn't sure where else to ask this so I decided to chuck it in here.

Last month some time I saw a trailer for a game that was still well early in production that I've been trying to remember the name of. It was a first-person game set in this fictitious 60's-style British village with overt Big Brother-overtones, including strange white masks on all the citizens and a TV Show Presenter on camera who would talk to the player directly, alerting the residents of the town to his presence. They'd then chase him into a house where he'd be knocked-out by the owner who was inside with a frying pan or something.

It had a great look and tone to it and I can't freaking remember even a little bit about the name.

that sounds really good at least

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Eonwe posted:

that sounds really good at least

Would you believe I just found it?

Edit: With the video even, for anyone who's curious!

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 7, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nilbop posted:

this looks pretty baller

thank you for actually reporting back when you found it, that owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's going to be a new Deus Ex game. Direct Human Revolution sequel. I'm excited.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it'll depend a lot on the execution, but it looks sort of like it could be Bioshock-ish but have a fresh take free of the baggage from that series.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
smh at people who dont want to be augmented

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

it'll depend a lot on the execution, but it looks sort of like it could be Bioshock-ish but have a fresh take free of the baggage from that series.
It looks exactly like Human Revolution but polished up to me. Which I am in favor of, since I loved HR.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

smh at people who dont want to be augmented
They lack vision.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Adam Jensen is a cool dude and I am glad that he still won't be asking for this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when i can go to the nearby radio shack, have them cut off my legs, and put on shiny new robot ones its absolutely happening

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will ask for this

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
A new Deus Ex: The Fall.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

They killed off Faridah :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

when i can go to the nearby radio shack, have them cut off my legs, and put on shiny new robot ones its absolutely happening
There are Radio Shacks in the future?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

They killed off Faridah :smith:
What's with games making the scrubbiest outcomes canon? If you didn't massacre every MJ12 goon there you should just stop playing games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

ok Batteries Plus then

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Accordion Man posted:

What's with games making the scrubbiest outcomes canon? If you didn't massacre nonlethally takedown every MJ12 goon there while invisible and chowing candy bars you should just stop playing games.

Also I am happy to see Jensen back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

ok Batteries Plus then
Batteries and Bulbs and Praxis and Neuropozyne

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I mean, they've somehow made it this far!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I mean, they've somehow made it this far!
Except they haven't, they're shutting down almost everywhere.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Excuse me, good sir. I have here a few ducats that I would like to exchange for a carriage ride to the nearest Radio Shack."
"Apologies, my lord. Those merchants no longer do business, since the Renaissance has made their craft irrelevant."

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

"Excuse me, good sir. I have here a few ducats that I would like to exchange for a carriage ride to the nearest Radio Shack."
"Apologies, my lord. Those merchants no longer do business, since the Renaissance has made their craft irrelevant."

Ten outta ten

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i cant wait for there to be black market surgeons hiding in a dark alley behind a neon covered storefront who will literally remove my eyes with ice cream scoops and put in robot eyes that make everyone look like my favorite anime characters

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nilbop posted:

Holy crap I need this

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Contrast had clunky gameplay but really good atmosphere so hopefully the devs can really nail down both for this game now that they have a game under their belt.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

It looks exactly like Human Revolution but polished up to me. Which I am in favor of, since I loved HR.

same, there was some stuff that didn't work well but most of it was really good and they seem cognizant of the most common complaints

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Please stop paying attention to Adam Bowen.

Accordion Man posted:

What's with games making the scrubbiest outcomes canon? If you didn't massacre every MJ12 goon there you should just stop playing games.

Invisible War made all of its predecessor's endings canon and it was the worst game, ergo the new game making all of its predecessor's endings non-canon means it will be the best game.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Also I am happy to see Jensen back.

deus ex: the gritty tale of a metal man hopelessly addicted to energy powder

edit: i bet they killed malik because they couldn't get her voice actress back

Stexils fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 8, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Even to this drat day I still subconsciously read the energy regain items as "CyberBoost Progeny Jar" first and then "CyberBoost ProEnergy Jar" second, which is an entirely different sentiment!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hog Inspector posted:

edit: i bet they killed malik because they couldn't get her voice actress back

Wow, that's actually going to start being a Thing in video games now, isn't it?

Particularly in series with voice actors who do TV voice work or in series that employ celebrities, casting is going to determine whether they can bring characters back sometimes. Obviously not like Charles Martinet, which is sort of a Mel Blanc situation, and anyway, he'll do it forever and he has a lot of life left in him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

Particularly in series with voice actors who do TV voice work or in series that employ celebrities, casting is going to determine whether they can bring characters back sometimes. Obviously not like Charles Martinet, which is sort of a Mel Blanc situation, and anyway, he'll do it forever and he has a lot of life left in him.

It happened in Assassin's Creed when they couldn't get Lab Lady Who's Suddenly Tanktop and Lipstick Lady's voice actress back.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bicyclops posted:

From what I understand a lot of video game voice work is non-union so I don't think there's anything stopping them from using a sound-alike or a new voice entirely. Even something as high-profile as Kingdom Hearts swapped out voice actors due to people dropping out in between installments, like Billy Zane voicing Ansem in the first game and Richard Epcar voicing him in every other one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

From what I understand a lot of video game voice work is non-union so I don't think there's anything stopping them from using a sound-alike or a new voice entirely. Even something as high-profile as Kingdom Hearts swapped out voice actors due to people dropping out in between installments, like Billy Zane voicing Ansem in the first game and Richard Epcar voicing him in every other one.

Yes, but they're starting to employ celebrities, and people are going to start noticing when they do that.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Different voice actors change things a lot. Idk if it's David hayter's delivery or just getting used to it over the years. But Kiefer Sutherland ' acting really made me realize how loving dumb Big Boss' questions are and how unsuitable he is for a leadership position.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
David Hayter pulls off the old-school "repeat what was said in the form of a question" thing better than Sutherland, as unnatural as it is in English. MGSV seems to have less of that so the translation probably has continued to get better as it has over the years, but man did conversations in previous games get tedious because of it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Best MGS cast was original MGS complete with vaguely racist Mei Ling for the James Bond appeal. poo poo was silly but fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Like a VHS but you can push buttons to control the movie.

• Locked thread