Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

noirstronaut posted:

I own a physical Ghost Trick cartridge and have never played it

Get out of this thread until you have finished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Etrain Oddessy Mystery Dungeon has actually killed me in the first dungeon vs never ever ever in pokemon mystery date. Its got a slick interface, good simple look and music that will put you into a trance.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It even sits in the back of a case next to a copy of 999, another game I have never played

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

play elite beat agents

it's probably been a long time and the agents deserve it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

It even sits in the back of a case next to a copy of 999, another game I have never played

I hope you didn't play Metroid: Hunters

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's good.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

noirstronaut posted:

Sorry, I'm not interested in pictures of games in cases that aren't glued to other things.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

It's good.

It's OK

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

noirstronaut posted:

what kind of case is that

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
So how do you get the 8 special worlds in SM3DL? I think I completely missed them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ChaosArgate posted:

I'd say you should check out the Ghost Trick port then because that's a way better port, but that doesn't work on iOS8 so that's out.

What are you talking about? It worked perfectly well on ios8 a few months ago. I mean, you don't get the same fun of jabbing a stylus into your screen to frantically switch to trick mode, but it worked just fine.

Also yes play ghost trick it's fun.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Fremry posted:

So how do you get the 8 special worlds in SM3DL? I think I completely missed them.

I thought you just had to beat all the available levels and they unlocked automatically.
Check for a pipe in world 1.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I own a physical Ghost Trick cartridge and have never played it

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever said

Also feel free to skip 999

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Zenostein posted:

What are you talking about? It worked perfectly well on ios8 a few months ago. I mean, you don't get the same fun of jabbing a stylus into your screen to frantically switch to trick mode, but it worked just fine.

Also yes play ghost trick it's fun.

I tried it like two months ago and it didn't work so I've been trying to get a physical copy but :effort:.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

African AIDS cum posted:

what kind of case is that

The HORI 24

Monkey Fracas posted:

I got it with my DS and it is great

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Alright I like tits and I like beat em ups but not at the same time. SO...what's the best beat em up I can get on the 3DS? Is Streets of Rage out as a 3D classic? Is it good?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Looper posted:

Don't listen to this dude. 999 is good and crazy. Not crazy good but just good and then you can play Virtue's Last Reward which is even more crazy and good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Looper posted:

Looper posted:

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever said

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The fact that people think 999 has good writing is as laughable as the writing itself and the plot twist, while kind of creative, does nothing to help this

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think anyone says or thinks 999 has good writing, its a VN. Its the video game equivalent of the kind of young adult novels that get turned into movies nowadays.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

I love this case I wish they made a HORI 48.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I still have the demo cart and I play that instead if I ever get the itch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Looper posted:

The fact that people think 999 has good writing is as laughable as the writing itself and the plot twist, while kind of creative, does nothing to help this

You're laughable

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

pokemon mystery date

I want to play this game.

(I know it's an autocorrect typo)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Anybody who likes things i sa stupid idiot.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Every character is the best character. Play Ghost Trick.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

littleorv posted:

Don't listen to this dude. 999 is good and crazy. Not crazy good but just good and then you can play Virtue's Last Reward which is even more crazy and good.

999 is loving terrible. It's poo poo and dumb and everyone will swear up and down you need to beat it multiple times for it to make sense and then when do you and still say it's awful they'll call you an enormous idiot for beating a game you don't like multiple times.

It's like reading a loving book-- I want to see how it ends before completely writing it off, jesus christ!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

virtue's last reward is stupid but actually good and surprisingly smart-ish and you don't actually need to know poo poo about 999 to play it

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

999 has an admittedly really dumb "trap" that's a real kick in the crotch if you happen to run into it first. Which Kaubocks unfortunately did.

It's not for everyone. If you especially don't like visual novels or puzzle games then don't even bother. Also if it's between 999 and Ghost Trick just loving play Ghost Trick (says the guy who has played Ghost Trick but not beaten yet)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm gonna not play both of them

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

If you're a hipster like me and want to feel validated:

http://www.vice.com/read/the-three-decade-old-out-run-is-one-of-2015s-best-new-games-219

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just read the LP for 999, it's basically like playing the game only a fuckton faster since you don't need to solve the puzzles and can read faster than the two lines of dialogue at a time the game gives you. It really is terribly written, there's no loving agency at all and everything takes three times longer to explain than it needs to, but I still feel like I got something out of it by the end.

... also I need to catch up on the VLR LP, I started that like, two years ago? And I'm like two dozen pages behind by this point. Might as well buy the game to catch up now.

Anyway play Ghost Trick.

noirstronaut posted:

I'm gonna not play both of them

No seriously play Ghost Trick it's not like you have anything better to do today.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I have an average play time of 8 hours on Ghost Trick because I played it all in one sitting and didn't want to stop. If you haven't played Ghost Trick you should.

Also I personally like 999 but your opinion on VLR is probably gonna be the same as your opinion on 999 so don't bother with it if you didn't like the first one. It also ends on a cliffhanger for a game that may never exist so save yourself the pain.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
999 was interesting but I ran out of steam before I played through all the endings. I still keep that preorder watch thing they sent me with it on the shelf though. Looks neat.

Edit: Then again I can apparently sell that for $150 on e-bay...

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Color Printer posted:

999 has an admittedly really dumb "trap" that's a real kick in the crotch if you happen to run into it first. Which Kaubocks unfortunately did.

Was it the coffin ending?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

999 would be a lot better with a flowchart like VLR has so you're not replaying 4/5th of the game a lot.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
999 would be a lot better if there were actually any coherence between the characters, the contrived puzzle rooms, the random wikipedia articles, and the plot itself

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Looper posted:

999 would be a lot better if there were actually any coherence between the characters, the contrived puzzle rooms, the random wikipedia articles, and the plot itself

So it's a bad game I take it?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
999/1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Was it the coffin ending?

The first ending I got was the coffin ending. Sucks that I thought things were starting to finally get interesting but NOPE.