Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Damnit now I have to buy more gems. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk.

It might be happening.

e: whoops just kidding false alarm

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 7, 2015

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lonk.

It might be happening.

:cry:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I hate you all so very much right now.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Do back pieces show with outfits?

Its not original, but I'm tempted to get the Balthazar outfit for my human warrior, use the Flames of Balthazar back piece, and then all the fire weapons I can get my hands on. Fire for the Fire god!

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

If the Heart of Thorns Deluxe Edition comes with an in game item that allows permanent access to SAB I would gladly shell out another $20-$30 for it. Tivac, please pass this post on to the bean counters at Anet.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

SFD you have a new WvW Wednesday theme to go for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arTAvRQXGZM

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
I'm loving that there's a band called Bearforce One with a song called Bearforce One.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Totbot posted:

Its not original, but I'm tempted to get the Balthazar outfit for my human warrior, use the Flames of Balthazar back piece, and then all the fire weapons I can get my hands on. Fire for the Fire god!

Yes. This is how Halloween Dress + Wings exists and is the best.

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Geekslinger posted:

SFD you have a new WvW Wednesday theme to go for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arTAvRQXGZM

old hat, SFD introduced me to bearforce one years ago

FlyingToilets
May 2, 2010
After two years of casually working towards it I'm about to finally finish my first legendary, sunrise, and was looking for a twilight owner who would be interested in working together to unlock both GS skins for each of us. I could trade you my unbound sunrise, you equip it to unlock the skin and then combine it with your twilight to make an eternity which you then trade back to me. I'm also willing to do it the other way around if someone has an unbound twilight and is interested. If anyone is interested PM me and we can start talking about details, compensation for the person who loses the legendary and safety.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

FlyingToilets posted:

After two years of casually working towards it I'm about to finally finish my first legendary, sunrise, and was looking for a twilight owner who would be interested in working together to unlock both GS skins for each of us. I could trade you my unbound sunrise, you equip it to unlock the skin and then combine it with your twilight to make an eternity which you then trade back to me. I'm also willing to do it the other way around if someone has an unbound twilight and is interested. If anyone is interested PM me and we can start talking about details, compensation for the person who loses the legendary and safety.

:captainpop:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sounds scammy lmao

Sure other guy give up your legendary and give it to me. That's okay you'll still have the skin!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lonk posted:

I hate you all so very much right now.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ussr posted:

I'm loving that there's a band called Bearforce One with a song called Bearforce One.

wow you just learned about bearforce one, give up your goon card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM

vv he's a GOON member, I'll vouch for him vv

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 7, 2015

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

FlyingToilets posted:

who are you

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

wow you just learned about bearforce one, give up your goon card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM

vv he's a GOON member, I'll vouch for him vv

Psshhh 2008s can't talk to 2004s like that.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

pssssh okay grandpa :rolleyes:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Not the weirdest thing to happen in the DR 1% zone

e:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Totbot posted:

Yes, they do. I've done exactly this but didn't take screenshots before I left for work this morning. I have volcanus and predator to show it off with :v:.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

And here I stand, longingly gazing through the iron bars of my poverty, woeful tears streaming down my gold plated armor.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

And here I stand, longingly gazing through the iron bars of my poverty, woeful tears streaming down my gold plated armor.

For those wondering, the predator-style dreadlock things coming out of the helmet have full physics and move around as you walk. The armour is also exceptionally detailed and looks really good. Looking forward to playing around with dye combos when I get home from work.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I have a red panda following me around and a quaggan dangling from a balloon bringing me mail.

And they say gw2 has no endgame.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

e:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so you've decided to try pvp

so, you've ran around the world a bit, and you've killed a few thousand flags on sticks. what's this pvp people talk about? well, i was just like you, friend, and i decided to try it out last night. the first thing you need to is click the pvp button (i think it's two crossed swords, but that could have just been the two dudes banging in world chat distracting me). join a pvp lobby??? you bet!

you will arrive in a tutorial world. this place is useless and i recommend you treat every friendly npc as if they were an enemy counterintelligence officer trying to confuse you. revive my allies? why the heck would i do that?!

you will next arrive in the mists, or something, i don't really know. there will be a bunch of people yelling about nerf guns, i think. at the top, there's a button that says 'find pvp match'. click it, then choose unranked, because your dad was right, you're too scared of risk, and that's why no one went to prom with you.

after reading about two charrs screwing for a while, you'll find a pvp match! vote for whatever map you think sounds coolest. i voted for the legacy of foo fighters, I think, but other people picked Sky Hammer so we had to have our rumble there.

the objectives
there are three points in gw2 pvp: home, mid, and far. i will break them down briefly.

home is the point where you go to inexplicably be killed by 5 of your enemies appearing from the fog, like a grim specter of vengeance.

mid is the point where most of the action happens. this means you will be the only person on your team to make a meaningful effort to appear there.

far is the point where your team goes to lose 4v1s against the opponent bunker guardian, at which point your team will tell you that you are a fucker.

the teams
now, let's break down the teams. as this is your first game of gw2 pvp, the enemy team will consist of five Europeans with over a million games who share a single consciousness and whose hivemind allows them to coordinate to a startlingly preternatural degree. they have long forgotten the concept of mercy, and the only joy they feel is when the opponent team does not score above 50 points. even if you could beat them (you can't), it would be cruel to deny them their fleeting happiness.

your team will consist of you, a family of vaguely organized salamanders, a phone book on a keyboard, a 1990s lego mindstorm trying to play using a primitive light sensor and a shoddy series of if-then statements, and a well-trained feline who will immediately change their class so as to be as redundant as possible. let's do this!

the match begins
four of your team immediately rush to capture the nearest point (home). this will be the last time you see three of them, so i suggest you do not become too attached. you should go mid and see if you can beat the opposite team there (you can't). when you see four of the opposite team on mid, you should attempt to pull back and find your team. an enemy thief will immediately appear behind you and begin the process of humiliating you. i either could not find the proper hotkey or else i did not assign the skill where my character comically falls on his butt, killing the thief, so i did what i am pretty sure is 100 percent correct play: died. while the opponent is trying to kill you, throw a bunch of rocks at them. in this way, the thief will live up to his name, and fall victim to his own hubris, and then you can awkwardly die next to each other, just like in titanic. you could have shared the door, kate.

you check the sidebar, and realize what you feared: three of your team are repeatedly throwing themselves off of cliffs. the cat, your 3rd engineer, has become distracted and is trying to stack turrets on top of each other. at this point, there will be an announcement that the skyhammer is online, or something. i don't know what it is, what it does, or how to turn it online, nor will i ever, because i paid a wizard to lay a cantrip upon me that will kill me if i ever have to play skyhammer again.

at this point, your team will begin to complain about how they are the best player on your team, and it is unfair to be matched with untouchables such as you. the enemy team will sense this and immediately collapse upon whoever is typing. the salamander's final words will be 'noob war doesn't even hambossssssss6'. at this point, the skyhammer will again be online. you will still not be sure what it does. is it scrambling your teammate's brains? i think so. the phonebook has been making remarkably unsound choices.

after a few more minutes, the enemy team will reach 500 points (you will have somehow acquired 20, although no one on your team is sure how or will accept responsibility). the opponents will all thank you for your time and offer a few helpful tips to improve your play, which your teammates will drown out with hyphens, either unwilling or unable to accept that there is a profanity filter, or else really trying to explain the concept of subtraction.

that wraps up your first game of guild war 2 player versus player! i hope you had as much fun as i did, and join me next time, when i explain how to play pvp when the person yuo are queuing with has level 80 in pvp!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

holy poo poo that's a good spvp writeup

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
A masterpiece

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

marry me :allears:

savagehenry
Jul 20, 2006

unvoiced linguolabial trill
put that poo poo in the OP, arus

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

savagehenry posted:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

CLAM DOWN posted:

e:

I'm sad that the 1% airship despite having more useful things doesn't come with weird players.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

savagehenry posted:

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

savagehenry posted:

put some butter in the OP, arus

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

That pvp writeup is 100% accurate. You really captured the true experience.

Also obligatory new armor coolpose screenshot. With bonus moose.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

savagehenry posted:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Spvp write-up is spot on. :getin:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

A 50S RAYGUN posted: