Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReidRansom posted:

I recall hearing about Rubio having skeletons that aren't going to stand up to national scrutiny. Or that's always been the talk anyway.

Could be! But be careful: that's said of every candidate. I can think of at least one for every potential 2016 contender, or about a mountain of them for Hillary. It's something that partisans care a lot about and will use as evidence that the opponent cannot ever win, but they're not going to vote for the person anyway.

You need to get pretty close to dead girl / live boy territory for it to be an immediate disqualification and Ted Kennedy showed that even there you might still have a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

No Muslim for Rand

Not even going to pretend to care about Latinos I see

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Stellar Photoshop

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dolash posted:

I like how Rand has separate signs for Catholic and Christian supporters.

I know an Anglican who doesn't identify as a Christian, and once worried that she wouldn't be allowed into a United Church building. She won't be able to Stand with Rand :smith:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Stellar Photoshop

Rand is a stationary car without a driver. It goes nowhere and even if it did move the results would be labeled a freak accident that should have been avoided.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Not even going to pretend to care about Latinos I see

No, he's got Catholics for Rand right there. I see he doesn't consider them Christians, though.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

ReidRansom posted:

No, he's got Catholics for Rand right there. I see he doesn't consider them Christians, though.

Gatdamn traitor commie pope.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Does not care about women either

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Does not care about women either

Furthest right, second from the bottom.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Furthest right, second from the bottom.

goddamn you got me

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dattserberg posted:

I'm curious why so many people think Rubio isn't a joke candidate. What makes you think that he's got a legit shot at the nomination?

All Republicans are joke candidates, being a joke candidate isn't an issue.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Has it been mentioned that you can buy a signed constitution by Rand Paul for $1,000

https://store.randpaul.com/index.php/signed-constitution-book-by-rand-paul.html

I appreciate the implication in the language that Rand Paul wrote the Constitution, or at least these ones.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

It's size is perfect for comfortable carrying in the pocket of a sport coat, a purse, laptop bag or in the back pocket of some worn out jeans.

I can't even tell what's real life and what's Grand Theft Auto copy anymore.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stellar Photoshop

Imagine being paid tens of thousands of dollars to do this for Rand?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

No Muslim for Rand

The biggest omission:

No "GAY FOR RAND".

Also, re: Perry's looks - that's the one big asset, aside from Texas connections and money support, that he has. He has the craggy distinguished handsome white CEO guy look people expect a TV character playing the US President to have. Problem is when he opens his mouth, he becomes the 30 Rock sitcom version of the President.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Rand's odd collection of profile photos reminds me of my favorite random Obama collectible:

Just seems like a weird group to go out of your way to make a sign for...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So what big news happened that I'm 200+ posts behind?

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Rand Paul announced and has some very interesting swag for sale.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
is anyone else accepting Bitcoins for donations? Is that in "in-kind" contribution or is it considered currency

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mooyashi posted:

is anyone else accepting Bitcoins for donations? Is that in "in-kind" contribution or is it considered currency

The FEC started allowing it last year, so of course the Libertarian Party does.

Rep. Steve Stockman was the first politician to accept them, though he decided to retire after (this will come as a shock) being investigated for campaign finance fraud.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
how many Bitcoiners are willing to attach their federally mandated donation information to their Super Secret Anonymous Bitcoin Wallet anyway

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

DOOP posted:

http://wonkette.com/582118/rand-pauls-terrible-horrible-totally-fcked-up-day

A very very error filled day

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This terrible picture is all I have to remind me of my favorite purchase of 2008:

Not train conductors for Obama. Not train riders for Obama. Not even train builders for Obama. Trains for Obama.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Something Else posted:

This terrible picture is all I have to remind me of my favorite purchase of 2008:

Not train conductors for Obama. Not train riders for Obama. Not even train builders for Obama. Trains for Obama.

I suppose something has to counterbalance the Sir Topham Hatt lobby.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Something Else posted:

Makes me wish this was real even more.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Something Else posted:

Well, to be fair, Biden _is_ his VP.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

DOOP posted:

http://wonkette.com/582118/rand-pauls-terrible-horrible-totally-fcked-up-day

A very very error filled day

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

It was pretty awful, but it could have been worse. Seems par for the course for most campaigns, really. There's less than a handful of things listed there, and then it's padded out by Wonkette's seriously terrible house style. Wonkette, "We're so edgy we just gotta keep reminding you how edgy we are. We're so edgy we had to censor our headline that included the word 'gently caress'."

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pinterest Mom posted:

0-5%. He's not a serious contender, too many of his views are anathema to too many people in the party. He's a joke candidate, just like Cruz.

(Non-joke candidates: Bush/Walker/Perry/Rubio/Kasich/Jindal, maybe Pence or Snyder if they run.)

Jindal called the entire party stupid, how the heck does he have a chance after that?

Zwabu posted:

No "GAY FOR RAND".

No, look, they have Democrat for Rand.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Jindal called the entire party stupid, how the heck does he have a chance after that?

Because he was right?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

TinFoilJoy posted:

I'm baffled by the Italian-American for Rand sign. It just seems so random. Did they just throw the names of white ethnic groups into a hat and draw that one?

I'm honestly surprised there isn't an Irish-American for Rand one.

He's really missing out on the pet merch angle. Dog for Rand.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Internet Webguy posted:

He's really missing out on the pet merch angle. Dog for Rand.

Bears for Rand :getin:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I'm legit considering knocking out a quick design for Aqua Buddhists for Rand.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bel Shazar posted:

Because he was right?

Exactly. Because the base absolutely adores that kind of frank and honest criticm directed towards them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jindal stands a chance for five minutes because he's effectively ending higher education in Louisiana.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
From a few pages back:

ReidRansom posted:

Perry has pending criminal charges still. Keep that in mind.

Placed against him by a Democratic judge in a Democratic county. That'll probably do wonders for the base.

No, I don't think Perry really has a serious chance with Walker and Jeb more or less staking out the territory that would be his. I mean it could happen if they both flamed out, but really it's Jeb's to lose, and with the fractiousness of the Republican primaries, I think he'll win without even having to do anything serious.

EDIT: By which I mean that I could see pretty much every wing settling for Perry, but I don't see any wing BACKING Perry. And since backing is what gets you through Super Tuesday...

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 8, 2015

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Exactly. Because the base absolutely adores that kind of frank and honest criticm directed towards them.

Oh, I'm not suggesting they prefer honest criticism. I am suggesting they were too ignorant to realize they were being criticized.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

OctoberBlues posted:

Rand's odd collection of profile photos reminds me of my favorite random Obama collectible:

Just seems like a weird group to go out of your way to make a sign for...

There was an astroturf group called the "American Hunters and Shooters Association" that was intended to be a home for "reasonable" hunters who want to kill poo poo for fun on the weekends but don't subscribe to the NRA's psychotic policies.

Also think back to 2004 when John Kerry went on a charade goose-hunting trip. It's a way to assuage gun-owners' fears without entirely dispiriting gun control advocates.

There's also an attempt to bring hunters into a coalition with environmentalists as they should, in theory, support some conservation efforts.

I suspect Democratic Party operatives like this dynamic since it's a way to push liberal imperatives with the support of tough-looking white dudes. I don't think it's been particularly successful, in any case.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Placed against him by a Democratic judge in a Democratic county. That'll probably do wonders for the base.

Is Bert Richardson no longer the trial judge? Because Richardson is hardly a Democratic judge...

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/08/28/attorneys-call-judge-perry-case-fair-smart/

e: capitalization... I'm sure Mr. Richardson is happy enough with people voting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Something Else posted:

:rip:

• Locked thread