Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

darth cookie posted:

I still struggle to understand the CFC hate in BRAVE. Yeah ok they had some unfortunate TEST influence, but really? We offered them Delve and mostly left them alone aside from small group day trippers while PL farmed them like cattle and yet they hate our guts and not PL. It's weird.
It's not real hate based on any actual experiences, it's just the standard Eve pubbie prejudice, amplified by a whole lot of TEST's bullshit. The CFC are the bad guys who blob, gank in highsec, and metagame. PL and NC. are the elite e-honorable endgame good guys who fight the evil blue donut. Although I'm pretty sure that plenty of them actually hate PL after the last month's events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Um why was a ~girl~ given a position of power

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Also is the BRAVE CEO actually Australian, she actually sounds South African

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

To be fair, that dude is in BOS, which, post-SUAS leaving has kinda fallen on really hard times as a PVP group, they lose a fuckton of ratting carriers to retarded ganks. Look up D K Cat's killboard for example.

Also someone needs to tell Gurefia that AFK cloaking doesn't work unless you don't get caught.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 7, 2015

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Brave members do not like PL at all. I sat in GE- for 2 weeks spouting the most degenerate pubbie gibberish possible taunting them and they didn't care for it at all.

The fact that a report went through successfully is total horseshit considering I was just smashing my keyboard with my fist for words a few times every sentence.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

darth cookie posted:

I still struggle to understand the CFC hate in BRAVE. Yeah ok they had some unfortunate TEST influence, but really? We offered them Delve and mostly left them alone aside from small group day trippers while PL farmed them like cattle and yet they hate our guts and not PL. It's weird.

I farmed them religiously for a period of six months when leading Space Violence a year back or so. That might have a liiiiiiiiiittle bit to do with it :shobon:

"gently caress syndicate is empty let's go farm brave again"

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
The saddest part about this for me is not being able to hop out of a catch hole to stir the hornets nest in BUZ and snag a few miner / ratter kills. We went in there last night looking for fun and only found 3 dudes.

The local tears were the best part about the experience in all honesty.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Recoome posted:

Also is the BRAVE CEO actually Australian, she actually sounds South African

Malanek, the new Brave CEO, is a lawyer, and an Aussie.
Kira (the girl you think sounds Saffie), the self-appointed voice of the new regime, is also a lawyer, an Aussie, and a RL friend of Cagali.
Cagali, the Brave newbie director and CSM X member, is also an Aussie. I don't know if he's a lawyer. I'll choose to beleive he is, though.

What I'm saying is, the downfall of Brave is obviously the result of the covert racism towards Australia from the rest of Eve :australia:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

smertrioslol posted:

I farmed them religiously for a period of six months when leading Space Violence a year back or so. That might have a liiiiiiiiiittle bit to do with it :shobon:

"gently caress syndicate is empty let's go farm brave again"

I thought we were on pretty good terms in the Barleguet days? We fed them shiny killmails often enough that they could feel good about fighting us, and I even remember one time they gave us a good brawl and Suas pitched them a billion ISK to reimburse their losses while our fleet chilled out and watched them loot the field.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Gaming keyboards and mice are all garbage.

I agree

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Voyager I posted:

I thought we were on pretty good terms in the Barleguet days? We fed them shiny killmails often enough that they could feel good about fighting us, and I even remember one time they gave us a good brawl and Suas pitched them a billion ISK to reimburse their losses while our fleet chilled out and watched them loot the field.

We used to be on great terms before they moved to catch, one of the first things they did when they got into sov nullsec was construct a grr-goons contingent because all the cool kids (TEST/PL) have one, even though we've never done anything overtly hostile to them like burn their region to the ground.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

orange juche posted:

To be fair, that dude is in BOS, which, post-SUAS leaving has kinda fallen on really hard times as a PVP group, they lose a fuckton of ratting carriers to retarded ganks. Look up D K Cat's killboard for example.

Also someone needs to tell Gurefia that AFK cloaking doesn't work unless you don't get caught.

I think most of the members of SV are still from BOS so I don't think they are really doing to badly, ironically the most active members of BOS and SV these days seem to be ex-brave.

Also I still can't get my head around the fact that brave jumped from low-sec into the deep end of sov warfare, surely the perfect place for them all along has been npc-null.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Their "grr gons" hate is almost assuredly inherited from high-sec rejects who bought a pass into Sov Null by joining Brave, and their exposure to TEST. I had an alt in Brave for a long time now to play with some buddies who do wormhole poo poo, and the hate back in the Barleguet days was far less, and isolated to only a few loud babies.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I won't the race to ban Xenuria.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Their "grr gons" hate is almost assuredly inherited from high-sec rejects who bought a pass into Sov Null by joining Brave, and their exposure to TEST. I had an alt in Brave for a long time now to play with some buddies who do wormhole poo poo, and the hate back in the Barleguet days was far less, and isolated to only a few loud babies.

I've talked to a lot of people and asked them why they hate goons, and not very many can articulate their reasoning, beyond "I hate goons!"

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vodkat posted:

Also I still can't get my head around the fact that brave jumped from low-sec into the deep end of sov warfare, surely the perfect place for them all along has been npc-null.

The perfect place to be is npc-null with a moon mining empire. Holding sov is a farce.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I wonder if they knew just how staggeringly better the newbie experience probably is in GSF, and the fact that despite the well oiled metagame and strategic machinery, you can sit around with your finger in your rear end losing cheap ships getting paid on the dole all loving day long, in fights that have zero impact or meaning, solely for your personal enjoyment, if you want to do that.

I say probably because i've never actually been inside brave, but goonwaffe's "oh poo poo a newbie, here's a billion isk and the right answers to all your dumb questions. want to lead a fleet? you died? here's some more money" thing is probably not something so easily matched by the brave collective as it has ever existed.

i dunno if you could ever effectively communicate that to the average brave member and maybe it doesn't rain as much in karmafleet but i think if the average brave member understood that strategic-level "NO FUN ALLOWED" poo poo doesn't mean anybody in the cfc is lacking for fun things to do, they might change their tune a bit.

elanciano
Apr 2, 2013

I'm sure it's only a glitch. A temporary setback.

hemophilia posted:

i dunno if you could ever effectively communicate that to the average brave member and maybe it doesn't rain as much in karmafleet but i think if the average brave member understood that strategic-level "NO FUN ALLOWED" poo poo doesn't mean anybody in the cfc is lacking for fun things to do, they might change their tune a bit.

It's honestly not possible if they've had too much Kool aid. When that poo poo for brains fcon fc threw his tantrum a week or so ago the brave sub was a den of smug, everyone taking their turn to be all indignant and poo poo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the reason brave is getting more and more anti-cfc is because everyone who isn't anti-cfc has figured out karmafleet exists or is trying to figure out how to apply

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

mikey posted:

It's not real hate based on any actual experiences, it's just the standard Eve pubbie prejudice, amplified by a whole lot of TEST's bullshit. The CFC are the bad guys who blob, gank in highsec, and metagame. PL and NC. are the elite e-honorable endgame good guys who fight the evil blue donut. Although I'm pretty sure that plenty of them actually hate PL after the last month's events.

The PL aimed venom is amazing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

hemophilia posted:

I say probably because i've never actually been inside brave, but goonwaffe's "oh poo poo a newbie, here's a billion isk and the right answers to all your dumb questions. want to lead a fleet? you died? here's some more money" thing is probably not something so easily matched by the brave collective as it has ever existed.

I legit used to tell newbies to tackle boat on ops because it would cause an isk shower.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

evilweasel posted:

the reason brave is getting more and more anti-cfc is because everyone who isn't anti-cfc has figured out karmafleet exists or is trying to figure out how to apply

This is actually a pretty good point I hadn't considered, but even pre Karmafleet BRAVE seemed to have a pretty turgid hateboner for us.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I legit used to tell newbies to tackle boat on ops because it would cause an isk shower.

Sow not-really-cap-kill-but-actually-a-structure-shoot-op, reap the newbie tackle whirlwind.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

darth cookie posted:

Sow not-really-cap-kill-but-actually-a-structure-shoot-op, reap the newbie tackle whirlwind.

It's a different goonfleet now. Now we have people volunteer to shoot structures.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

darth cookie posted:

This is actually a pretty good point I hadn't considered, but even pre Karmafleet BRAVE seemed to have a pretty turgid hateboner for us.

This should be a thing, if a boat op ends in a structure shoot newbees should thunderdome him for isk showers.

Springisthebest
Jun 12, 2014

orange juche posted:

please, show me where the "hard times for BOS post-suas are"

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Springisthebest posted:

I don't know about "hard times" or not, but the "DK Catpiss Official Black Omega Endorsed Guide to Carrier Ratting" is good for a laugh.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Wrecked Angle posted:

Fair enough, I agree with that. PL's 'we're gonna poo poo on you, then post giving you tips and advice, then poo poo on you some more' was pretty dumb. And if Elise had such a hardon for helping Brave out why didn't he jump right in and join them fulltime?
What would give the impression that they'd listen to him if he did? He'd always be the outsider even if he joined with his main.

Nobody including PL really wanted Brave to die. But if the only way to avoid killing someone is to tiptoe around and give out the Eve equivalent of a special-needs child gold stars then gently caress em. Nobody seriously invaded IRC, they collapsed because some razor gangs dropped sbus for fights. Alliances that can't take pressure can't have space.

PL overcooked them, obviously some people didn't understand how demoralizing their methods were. But with Brave sitting there endlessly repeating that any change to how they played the game would be violating the newbie spirit and FUN PER HOUR I don't really blame them. Elise sat in their reddit and gave advice, CD gave advice, none of it got consideration.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Springisthebest posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/196686-d-k-cats-official-black-omega-endorsed-guide-to-carrier-ratting/

This poo poo really should have been in SGBS where all the vacationers could take their slice out of the backs of non-intel-reading, carrier-losing, badfitting morons from BOS.

tiberizzle posted:

1. Don't tell anyone you're tackled. Radio silence is key. Spies are everywhere.

2) Don't carry any spare modules to refit to. Drone control units allow you to do more damage, so you should fill every slot with them. RR is dishonorable. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT FIT A CYNO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

III. Warp more carriers in. They should also be 4-5 DCU fit. You shouldn't have any spare modules, but if you do, make sure not to refit any extra tank or RR, and DO NOT FIT A CYNO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

STEP FOUR

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=27739433

KodiakRS posted:

Op didn't include links in thread title, I fixed it.

Official, black-Omega Endorsed Guide to carrier ratting

They also use alts.

Are you one of the guys from BOS who came into that thread, smugposted a shitton about how it was already replaced, and then edited out your posts when people dogpiled on you for being poo poo?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 8, 2015

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Klyith posted:

What would give the impression that they'd listen to him if he did? He'd always be the outsider even if he joined with his main.

Nobody including PL really wanted Brave to die. But if the only way to avoid killing someone is to tiptoe around and give out the Eve equivalent of a special-needs child gold stars then gently caress em. Nobody seriously invaded IRC, they collapsed because some razor gangs dropped sbus for fights. Alliances that can't take pressure can't have space.

PL overcooked them, obviously some people didn't understand how demoralizing their methods were. But with Brave sitting there endlessly repeating that any change to how they played the game would be violating the newbie spirit and FUN PER HOUR I don't really blame them. Elise sat in their reddit and gave advice, CD gave advice, none of it got consideration.

Wouldn't pretty much anything less than dropping full Wrecking Ball on them qualify as giving them special-needs trial treatment to some degree? No matter what BRAVE fielded, PL would almost certainly be able to escalate higher. If PL wanted them to be a permanent game preserve, ultimately they HAD to pull punches to one degree or another.

IMO BRAVE's problem was that they didn't realize their strategic reality and try to make a powerful ally that would help them out under pressure. They didn't want to be anyone's "pets" and that overrode any recognition that ultimately they could be crushed if someone wanted to. All the "Grr goons" hurf durfing hurt them badly in this regard; the one really large entity that was actually mostly leaving them alone was the one they feared being "pets" of the most.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Kiryen posted:

All the "Grr goons" hurf durfing hurt them badly in this regard; the one really large entity that was actually mostly leaving them alone was the one they feared being "pets" of the most.

You're not wrong, but at the same time GSF does have the most impressive menagerie in the game, really.

It's going to be nice being in a region where we actually need to be at least a bit cautious and play a touch smarter after that ludicrous bacchanal.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kiryen posted:

All the "Grr goons" hurf durfing hurt them badly in this regard; the one really large entity that was actually mostly leaving them alone was the one they feared being "pets" of the most.

Which is pretty funny since we are probably best in class when it comes to working with, and rewarding our allies (and also best in class at demolishing disloyal shitlers. RlP MOA and TEST).

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

vodkat posted:

I think most of the members of SV are still from BOS so I don't think they are really doing to badly, ironically the most active members of BOS and SV these days seem to be ex-brave.

YouTuber posted:

The perfect place to be is npc-null with a moon mining empire. Holding sov is a farce.

The only really accessible and easy to supply NPC null regions are syndicate and curse. Brave tried moving into syndicate. They moved back to barl after 2-3 weeks because the average line member could make more money in the belts there and the neighboring systems then they could in belts, sites, missions and everything else in syndicate. Curse's access to sov null areas for fights probably would have been better, but they money still would have been poo poo. CCP still says NPC null is perfectly fine. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are unstable wormholes found in Dek a good place to rat? Do gankers tend to look in those?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Are unstable wormholes found in Dek a good place to rat? Do gankers tend to look in those?

Wormholes can be dangerous if you don't know how they work, the rats in them are extremely tough, and you don't have Local to help you, only Dscan. Proceed at your own risk, if you are serious about wormholes check out Hole Squad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

orange juche posted:

Wormholes can be dangerous if you don't know how they work, the rats in them are extremely tough, and you don't have Local to help you, only Dscan. Proceed at your own risk, if you are serious about wormholes check out Hole Squad.

Nah, i'm not experienced enough just yet then. I'll wait until I get my Ishtar with Wasp II's.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

I said come in! posted:

Totally depends on what you're doing. If you're running C1/C2 sites in a D3 you might run into some pvp, but you can probably escape it pretty easily. If you jump into random C3s in a Gila and try and run some sites you will probably lose more isk (to ganks) than you make. Part of the benefit of a group like Holesquad (or any WH corp) when you're ratting is that your surroundings are all mapped out and people know if there are any hostiles or populated holes nearby. That's hard to do solo.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rhymenoserous posted:

The PL aimed venom is amazing.

Oh look who mittens hired

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Nah, i'm not experienced enough just yet then. I'll wait until I get my Ishtar with Wasp II's.

Train for a Gila, apparently.

TheInsaneHusky
Apr 5, 2015
Well. Im currently apart of bovril, and i havnt been playing for the past few months,due. To irl issues. The comms was always annoying, i would usually go on and just join an empty ch so itd look like i was actually caring. I logged jn a few days ago to set up my carrier training and JF training, come to find out that PL took over catch and theyre moving to lowsec.once i start playing again ima look for a better corp until i can join CFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

TheInsaneHusky posted:

Well. Im currently apart of bovril, and i havnt been playing for the past few months,due. To irl issues. The comms was always annoying, i would usually go on and just join an empty ch so itd look like i was actually caring. I logged jn a few days ago to set up my carrier training and JF training, come to find out that PL took over catch and theyre moving to lowsec.once i start playing again ima look for a better corp until i can join CFC.

Should have lurked more, man.

• Locked thread