Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Kurtofan posted:

Who's that artist?

Pretty sure they mean the Weird Al one. Who I'm sure would be totally fine with it himself, but I bet they'll be careful about it like always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Pretty sure they mean the Weird Al one. Who I'm sure would be totally fine with it himself, but I bet they'll be careful about it like always.
I thought it was Vanilla Ice since his Stand is named Cream. Vanilla Ice Cream

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I bought a Jojonium manga And now I have a bookmark of Avdol

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And Jolyne's father never knew the Ripple, so her Stand's healing ability is literally just stitching the wound back together and letting it heal that way, which is a much more crude method than the previous two.

Foo Fighters was the actual healer for part 6 though

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I was referring to Vanilla Ice because A) stand name gag and B) it's so loving surreal that one of the deadliest enemies in part 3 is named after such a goony fucker.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

mr. stefan posted:

I was referring to Vanilla Ice because A) stand name gag and B) it's so loving surreal that one of the deadliest enemies in part 3 is named after such a goony fucker.

Vanilla Ice being the second in command of Dio's fabulous Stand army, so badass that DIO made him a true vampire, is indeed hilariously mismatched with who Vanilla Ice actually is. Dude probably couldn't handle a shot of whiskey, let alone a joint assault of Polnareff, Iggy, and Avdol.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The best inappropriate name will always be Limp Bizkit. THE ONE WHO EMERGES FROM THE DARK, WHO INDULGES IN THE DARK

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Wait. There's a weird al one? Who? Where?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Your way works too posted:

Wait. There's a weird al one? Who? Where?

Not a character, but at the very end Jotaro quizzes Joseph on who sang "Eat It" to prove he wasn't Dio.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
They kept that in the VIZ version too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

They kept that in the VIZ version too.

Only you would know such stupid things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Weird Al thing is different from most of the music references in the series. It's referencing the actual musician and not naming an entirely separate character after him. You can't sue for a name drop since there's no basis for a brand confusion claim.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Just watch Crunchyroll change it to Strange Ed anyway.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

What are the odds it gets a budget even greater than SC?

Low, SC is the most iconic and popular part. If I had to guess, Part 4 will have an in-between budget, and Part 5 will have the same as SC, due it being the other super popular part.

Waffleman_ posted:

The Weird Al thing is different from most of the music references in the series. It's referencing the actual musician and not naming an entirely separate character after him. You can't sue for a name drop since there's no basis for a brand confusion claim.

Yeah, this is maybe the only name drop in JoJo that's actually less sketchy under US laws. I'd have to imagine it stays in.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 8, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It'll be a Doctor Demento ref instead

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

With his hit single, "Consume Food."

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

VIZ already got Vanilla Ice's permission to use his name in the official release, but Crunchyroll will probably throw up a different name because they don't have time to double-check whether he's still cool with it or not.

Same deal with J. Geil.

They could have, y'know, already checked. It's not like they're getting blindsided by the fact that there's a JoJo character named Vanilla Ice.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Just like Namco Bandai, eh Jean Pierre Eiffel?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode is brutal as all hell even through the censors. It might be a case here were censoring the violence is better because uncut version on the blu-ray is probably going super nasty.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, I re-read the Pet Shop chapter the other day and forgot that there's a super brutal scene of Pet Shop eating the eyes of a dog.

I really didn't need to see that, Araki. :stonk:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I re-read the Pet Shop chapter the other day and forgot that there's a super brutal scene of Pet Shop eating the eyes of a dog.

I really didn't need to see that, Araki. :stonk:

Araki really hates dogs or is really terrified of them.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Most important part of the episode:

Also holy hell, I haven't read the manga in a while and I forgot how brutal Pet Shop really is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's only really one chapter's worth of content left for Pet Shop, so I'd be very surprised if we didn't end next week at least being introduced to D'Arby 2.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

There's only really one chapter's worth of content left for Pet Shop, so I'd be very surprised if we didn't end next week at least being introduced to D'Arby 2.

I feel like if it ends on anything, it's going to be this

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fucknag posted:

Most important part of the episode:

Also holy hell, I haven't read the manga in a while and I forgot how brutal Pet Shop really is.

I completely forgot about Stylish Beggar. Pet Shop being a total monster, now that I remembered.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Araki really hates dogs or is really terrified of them.
Or he really likes dogs and has evil things kill them as a sign of how bad they are. Anything goes with him.

I know dogs and birds don't speak the same language, but I'm curious as to who would voice Pet Shop if we could hear him think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

Or he really likes dogs and has evil things kill them as a sign of how bad they are. Anything goes with him.

I know dogs and birds don't speak the same language, but I'm curious as to who would voice Pet Shop if we could hear him think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqDi6hozWY&t=32s

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Supersonic Shine posted:

Or he really likes dogs and has evil things kill them as a sign of how bad they are.

On the contrary...

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Kars is a hardcore hippie who can't stand to see one tiny flower get squashed. He's a special case.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kars did nothing wrong.

Also I never noticed how the drunk passenger is bothering to pour his road wine in a glass at first.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kars mistook him for a ripple master and took a precaution.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kars is the actual Araki self-insert, so of course he likes dogs.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
So did DIO/Enyaba stab Pet Shop with the arrow or was it a natural born user? Or was it not even thought about back then.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
"hey Enya shoot that bird with an arrow"

"k"

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Clearly the arrow deemed Pet Shop worthy after seeing him smile.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Zeruel posted:

So did DIO/Enyaba stab Pet Shop with the arrow or was it a natural born user? Or was it not even thought about back then.

Iggy was probably not stabbed by the arrow, so it's quite possible it was just a normal Ice Falcon until DIO took it as a pet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There are basically five ways of getting a Stand in the original universe:

1. The arrow
2. You're born with it
3. Being really awesome at something
4. JOESTAR BLOODLINE
5. Stand discs

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Hey, Pucci. You see that bird over there? Put a disc in it."

Gravity strikes again.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Petshop so cold blood he literally developed psychic powers around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
I feel so bad for the Cairo police force.

"Okay so, the victim was found impaled with a.. giant icicle, which also demolished his car."
"Yup."
"We are in Egypt, right?"

• Locked thread