Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

I think I put more effort into my house and sinking fishing boats than probably anything I've ever done in an MMO ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like to think we made a difference Kim.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
You all just need to poo poo or get off the pot and pick one of the big 3 mmos(wow,ffxiv,gw2) to play or stop trying new ones as it just leads to disappointment every time.

Go back to your single player games. You'll have more fun there, I promise gentle goons.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

You all just need to poo poo or get off the pot and pick one of the big 3 mmos(wow,ffxiv,gw2) to play or stop trying new ones as it just leads to disappointment every time.

But how will we know if there's a new cool mmo out if we can't read about it in the MMO HMO?

Their sacrifice is not in vain.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

effectual posted:

Their website is the worst game website I've seen in a long time. Slow loads, tons of error pages, their front page is like some clickbait fever dream, I still couldn't find where to enter the beta code after 10 minutes of looking (could enter a real game code though, but the beta codes don't work on that page). Screw it, another dead-in-1-month-MMO isn't worth that hassle.

You have to download and launch the game to enter a beta key when it prompts you for some odd reason. The initial download before it asks you for a beta key is just the launcher thankfully. After you enter the beta key it downloads the full game. Full install at max graphics is about 7gb. This game seems mostly sandboxy which makes me wonder how long the content will continue to be interesting.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 5, 2015

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
What's the scoop on this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite:_Dangerous

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its better than its competition because it exists.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ShadowMoo posted:

This game seems mostly sandboxy which makes me wonder how long the content will continue to be interesting.

Isn't the entire point of a sandbox game that players make their own content with only minimal input from the devs?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
That is exactly how the dev video says it will work. People raid each other's and the AI safehouses for rep and loot. From what I understand this will basically be facebook mafia wars with graphics and (hopefully) not pay2win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQn4OvRrK0A

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 6, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
That video was awful and didn't tell us poo poo about the game.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Holyshoot posted:

That video was awful and didn't tell us poo poo about the game.

Well you see we made Sleeping Dogs and everyone wanted multiplayer so we made it. Then we added in some Clash of Clans bullshit.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Morglon posted:

Throw a rock

I've never heard of that game before. Tho after doing some research it looks good. I don't own the experimental console code named "out side of the house" yet. I hear it had bugs...

Badum tish. :thejoke:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I've never heard of that game before. Tho after doing some research it looks good. I don't own the experimental console code named "out side of the house" yet. I hear it had bugs...

Badum tish. :thejoke:

pvp just got added, but its terrible.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

pvp just got added, but its terrible.

Isn't it a sandbox game? How can you have sandbox without pvp being good?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

Isn't it a sandbox game? How can you have sandbox without pvp being good?

pay to win players using store bought equipment that out performs anything I can craft from stuff I found on the ground

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

That's what I did, and I'd also suggest the same to everyone that still has the constant new MMO itch that I had for the past 7 years since I quit WoW the first time. Let other people spend the money and be the guinea pigs. If a game's population is growing after 6 months, maybe it's worth a look. Otherwise it's likely yet another flop waiting to happen, and you'll completely waste your time and money. Basically, you can automatically ignore anything coming out of Korea or Japan. I went back to WoW, and have been enjoying the latest expansion more than anything I've played in several years.

Tolstojevski
Apr 10, 2009

Top Quark posted:

25643AE0-D822-4A80-8E54-611396B6C2AF

Snagged this one. Totally forgot that this was happening, Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games ever, if they get 60% of the poo poo right this will be loving great. Thanks. Stumbled upon it totally by accident too, not sure what I was doing in this thread :D .

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Fauxtool posted:

pay to win players using store bought equipment that out performs anything I can craft from stuff I found on the ground

Are you seriously playing this game without hacking the poo poo out of it

How many times to you nerds have to be told, if you want a competitive game with good PvP don't play an MMO

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

How many times to you nerds have to be told, if you want a competitive game with good PvP don't play an MMO made by Koreans

Fixed that for you.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carol Pizzamom posted:

How many times to you nerds have to be told, if you want a competitive game with good PvP don't play an MMO

i was talking about throwing rocks at people IRL, im confused now

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Holyshoot posted:

Fixed that for you.

He was right, anyone who thinks mmos can have good pvp are suffering from razorfen downs syndrome

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Byolante posted:

He was right, anyone who thinks mmos can have good pvp are suffering from razorfen downs syndrome

Wow does ok at their tournaments. You all have the same gear so it just comes down to class and skill. Sometimes the first being a bigger factor then the second. Also I hear gw2 is good pvp.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
PvP EQ on rallos is still the best game of all time

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Holyshoot posted:

Also I hear gw2 is good pvp.

I tried it. Despite what a lot of people say GW2's PVP is still really wonky. You need to spend a lot of time getting gear and learning your class or PvP will turn you right off. Also seeing as how 90% of sPvP is Necros and Mesmers that just gently caress your face in 2 seconds flat, it's a big turn off.

Which AA goon guild is the most active? I'm jumping back in and would like to play with goons.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 7, 2015

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I don't know how to hack :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

bear is driving! posted:

I tried it. Despite what a lot of people say GW2's PVP is still really wonky. You need to spend a lot of time getting gear and learning your class or PvP will turn you right off. Also seeing as how 90% of sPvP is Necros and Mesmers that just gently caress your face in 2 seconds flat, it's a big turn off.

Everything in this post is wrong.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Truga posted:

Everything in this post is wrong.

Your face is wrong and your avatar is stupid. Also your mother is fat.

See how I can post words that add nothing to the conversation, as well?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

youre back hello welcome back

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Spider Covets posted:

I don't know how to hack :(

necro my thread and ill tell you anything you wanna know
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682219&pagenumber=4
hacking is easy as balls, not getting caught is hard

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Fauxtool posted:

necro my thread and ill tell you anything you wanna know
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682219&pagenumber=4
hacking is easy as balls, not getting caught is hard

thats in archives i dont think i can post there lol. but thank u i will bother u in a pm, ive seen people do some funny stuff here and there

my favorite hackers were the floating warlocks in WoW who would spell their website address out in the sky until a GM killed them all at once (then they spelled their address on the ground, with corpses, until they were removed)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remake thread

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Eonwe posted:

remake thread

Playing an MMO with Eonwe is on my bucket list. No sarcasm.

This thread is the best thread in GAMES.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CappyBottoms posted:

Playing an MMO with Eonwe is on my bucket list. No sarcasm.

we'll do it together, one day, friend

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

CappyBottoms posted:

it's so beautiful because it's an oxymoron

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

bear is driving! posted:

Which AA goon guild is the most active? I'm jumping back in and would like to play with goons.

I believe it's good because it's one of the only pvp mmo games that gear doesn't play a big factor in how well you do.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Eonwe posted:

we'll do it together, one day, friend

:allears:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Bfm was in jeopardy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011