Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

The_Doctor posted:

NECA are coming out with an updated and articulated version of the original 18 incher from 1979 soon.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/04/03/new-photos-showcase-22-inch-big-chap-alien-by-neca-157012

That thing looks wonderful, if a little big. I might need to get that for my nightstand...

Does anyone have first-hand experience with the SH Figuarts Big Chap? I've read a few glowing reviews, but for some reason the coloring looks off to me in lots of the pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

shymog posted:

What is the definitive "big chap" xenomorph figure? I want a new display piece now that my daughter isn't completely terrified by it.

Currently the 8 inch NECA, the one that came out last year is pretty great. But you should wait for the 18inch one like The_Doctor said.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

shymog posted:

That thing looks wonderful, if a little big. I might need to get that for my nightstand...

Does anyone have first-hand experience with the SH Figuarts Big Chap? I've read a few glowing reviews, but for some reason the coloring looks off to me in lots of the pictures.

I like the Revoltech Big Chap better. The detail and articulation are great (smoky head dome!), but it's a little bit tiny.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Hold a blow dryer up to it for 30 seconds and gently pop the head off. Don't boil your toys.

Thanks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It must be an epidemic, I think I'm gonna dip out of Legends and sell most of the ones I have. Just not feeling the line anymore.

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.

Lencho posted:

I like the Revoltech Big Chap better. The detail and articulation are great (smoky head dome!), but it's a little bit tiny.

I've got to throw in a recommendation for the SH Monsterarts version. Right out of the package, it's more goofy looking than threatening, but if you (carefully) pop off the dome and paint it black on the inside, I think it actually beats out the Revoltech version by a hair. It's a lot of hassle, and you tend to lose the translucency, but I actually prefer it solid glossy black.

Neither is really all that posable, so they're about even there. Really, you could make a case for either, and it really comes down to what features you find most important, but SH isn't too bad in my book (that said, you'll find a lot of people online complaining that the mouth is too small to let the alien's trademark tongue actually come out, and that is basically true; it's a disappointment, but one I can live with).

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

It must be an epidemic, I think I'm gonna dip out of Legends and sell most of the ones I have. Just not feeling the line anymore.

Really? I have never been happier with the line.

My Marvel Select Carnage shipped, I can't wait!!!!
I did watch a video review for him and apparently he's huge, like "significantly taller than MS Venom" huge. That's kinda unfortunate, I was going they'd scale well together.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
preorder for sh figuarts Captain America, Hulk and Thor all sold out within moments, and I missed it :negative:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

preorder for sh figuarts Captain America, Hulk and Thor all sold out within moments, and I missed it :negative:

I noticed that! I'm glad i got mine in for Cap over at BBTS.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Looks like AmiAmi is still taking preorders for Thor. And Iron Man as well though you didn't mention him.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.toydojo.com also has the Avengers Figuarts up for pre-order, free shipping on all orders over $150 too

http://www.toydojo.com/avengers/?sort=newest

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Looks like AmiAmi is still taking preorders for Thor. And Iron Man as well though you didn't mention him.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

Excellent, I already have my order in for Iron Man, but Thor, I didn't know about.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the verdict on the Marvel Selects figures?
Im thinking maybe it would be a good starting point for me. The juggernaut looks kind of cool and kind of weird.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

jimcunningham posted:

Im thinking maybe it would be a good starting point for me. The juggernaut looks kind of cool and kind of weird.

Some of them are really good, like Venom and the new Thor. A lot of people use that Juggernaut as their primary Juggernaut figure.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

jimcunningham posted:

I recently bought my first-ever Marvel Select figure, "Avenging" Hawkeye, based on the Fraction/Aja look. It's a fantastic figure (although more muscular than Aja drew him), and he comes with switchable heads (serious look with sunglasses and bandaged nose with a smirk) and even Pizza Dog! The only drawback is you can't pose him drawing the bow, but he still looks really cool.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

jimcunningham posted:

I love the Rhino one. Spot on and built like a brick poo poo house.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's more important to look into the specific figure(s) you're interested in, since they do have duds in there.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I rather like the Thanaos figure they did, even if he a bit big.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Venom is definitely amazing, I liked Anti-Venom too. I bought the Iron Man 2 War Machine and Mark VI but the War Machine has a shoulder that is glued or jammed and I didn't realize that until I'd almost twisted his arm clean off. The QC has gotten better since then though.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Another thing to keep in mind about Marvel Select figures is that the set pieces and accessories can be better then the figure themselves.

Off the top of my head, I loved Mephisto's throne, Dr Doom's throne, Moon Knight's Statue of Khonshu (he is hallow, but still a piece I never thought they would make), Wolverine's Days of Future Past Wanted wall and quite a few others.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Some Select figures scale well with Legends (Juggernaut, Venom, Watcher, Thanos, etc) so it comes down to what display you're going for.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Some Select figures scale well with Legends (Juggernaut, Venom, Watcher, Thanos, etc) so it comes down to what display you're going for.
Hawkeye towers over Legends, unfortunately.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I wish that Watcher reissue had actually happened, stupid DST

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Marvel Select Agent Venom is super-cool too, but yeah he's got scale issues.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress, I am officially hooked on SH Figuarts and D-Arts, anyone have a spare Megaman X they want to sell/trade?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Thanoses

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Does anyone want the Thanos parts that came with my Hellcat? First come first serve (unless you've helped me in past, then you get preferential treatment).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thanosi?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Thanosi?
Thanii.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

gently caress, I am officially hooked on SH Figuarts and D-Arts, anyone have a spare Megaman X they want to sell/trade?

You know about this already, yeah?
http://truforcetoy.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/truforce/truforce-collectibles-mega-man-x-action-figure/posts/1185477

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Wow, thats insanely badass.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

Wow, thats insanely badass.

And it'll be distributed here in the west by blue-fin! You're actually early/right on time! :getin:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why are the figurart so expensive? I saw some good looking ones for Cell and Android 18 for Dragon Ball Z, but they are over 70 dollars each.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Rirse posted:

Why are the figurart so expensive? I saw some good looking ones for Cell and Android 18 for Dragon Ball Z, but they are over 70 dollars each.

At this point, for the rarity of them, plus people know they can get 'em from desperate dragonball fans.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Yeah, new Figuarts are around 40 dollars.

You can get Master Asia for 32 bucks!

https://www.hlj.com/product/BAN992024/Act

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Figuarts are anywhere from like $20-80 at release depending on the size and complexity, Dragonball ones just fuckin skyrocket once the initial release is over because DBZ is apparently just as popular now as it was in 2001.

There's Vegetas on Amazon at literally three hundred dollars a pop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Figuarts are awesome but I can't carry them because Diamond's discounts on them loving suck unless you order five of each.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Figuarts are awesome but I can't carry them because Diamond's discounts on them loving suck unless you order five of each.

You should look into ordering straight from Bluefin. My buddy over at ToyDojo.com gets them straight from them.

Unless your shop has some Diamond only deal, then that sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

You should look into ordering straight from Bluefin. My buddy over at ToyDojo.com gets them straight from them.

Unless your shop has some Diamond only deal, then that sucks.

It's usually not worth it to spread our orders around when everything except imported toys get the same discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I'd buy from ya direct, Rhyno.