Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bbf2 posted:

So in case anyone hasn't been paying attention to the updated list for next season:

Greg loving Buis!

Getting mad hyped about the options there, aside from a few duds they're all interesting people I'm happy to see again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Elphiem posted:

Can individual immunity winners still give their necklace to another player?

Can they do it after the vote?

Yes.

No.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
The pass-your-necklace idea had me stumped... The only situation I can even think of, is if you had two tight tied groups, and you promised an opposition member a higher spot in your alliance behind your alliances's back? But that doesn't really parse out in the long run. Maybe in a final four, if you couldn't get the others to vote your way? That would have to be a very VERY specific set of circumstances in either case, to keep that from pissing everyone off and voting you instead.

Making everyone change their vote at the last second can have weird and unpredictable outcomes though. Probably the most wacky fun things would happen if you did it right after a merge (like if you had a smaller group, you could protect a random person and add to your group, and the various factions would be confused, wary of idols, and not all vote together). I can't really think of any way it's truly safe, unless you have an idol as well, and then you might as well hand out your idol instead. Has anyone ever used it as idol bluff? (As in, I'm so overconfident, I'll give up my necklace)

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

Has anyone ever used it as idol bluff? (As in, I'm so overconfident, I'll give up my necklace)

I'm not completely sure so someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I think the only time someone gave up their necklace and was not immediately voted out themselves was Jenna in Amazon.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I don't think so either but it's been soooo long, I don't think anyone even considers doing it anymore, and therefore now I find it fascinating. Hahaha

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Joose Caboose posted:

I'm not completely sure so someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I think the only time someone gave up their necklace and was not immediately voted out themselves was Jenna in Amazon.

It happened in Pearl Islands too between rupert an burton once or twice. But again, that's still a long time ago.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Joose Caboose posted:

Token Female posted:

It happened in Pearl Islands too between rupert an burton once or twice. But again, that's still a long time ago.

DoggPickle posted:

I don't think so either but it's been soooo long, I don't think anyone even considers doing it anymore, and therefore now I find it fascinating. Hahaha

The first time it happened was in Amazon, when Jenna gave it to Heidi. Jenna was not voted out because the everyone there were set on voting Christy out. She gave it up because, while she was relatively secure that Cesternino and his misfit alliance would agree to the deal they struck with the models to vote out Christy, just in case it fell through she felt sick and didn't totally mind if she was voted out whereas she knew Heidi was trying hard to win and wanted to do a favor for a friend. Christy was voted out as planned so it didn't affect anything, and Jenna went on to win the game.

The second time it happened was indeed in Pearl Islands, where at the merge Burton gave the immunity necklace to Rupert because of the fact that Burton was immune already due to being a returning Outcast so the necklace was just a luxury. Burton was immune and Rupert was never getting voted out at that point anyway so it was a mostly meaningless gesture.

The third time it happened was in Season 16, Fans vs Favorites, where Erik was absolutely and completely mindfucked and gave away the necklace to Natalie for reasons that no one truly understands, and was immediately voted out afterwards while everyone laughed at him for being stupid.

The fourth time it happened was South Pacific, where Brandon Hantz gave his immunity to Albert for reasons that don't really make any sense at all and no one truly understands because Brandon is a crazy person, and of course he was immediately voted out afterwards.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

bbf2 posted:

The first time it happened was in Amazon, when Jenna gave it to Heidi. Jenna was not voted out because the everyone there were set on voting Christy out. She gave it up because, while she was relatively secure that Cesternino and his misfit alliance would agree to the deal they struck with the models to vote out Christy, just in case it fell through she felt sick and didn't totally mind if she was voted out whereas she knew Heidi was trying hard to win and wanted to do a favor for a friend. Christy was voted out as planned so it didn't affect anything, and Jenna went on to win the game.

The second time it happened was indeed in Pearl Islands, where at the merge Burton gave the immunity necklace to Rupert because of the fact that Burton was immune already due to being a returning Outcast so the necklace was just a luxury. Burton was immune and Rupert was never getting voted out at that point anyway so it was a mostly meaningless gesture.

The third time it happened was in Season 16, Fans vs Favorites, where Erik was absolutely and completely mindfucked and gave away the necklace to Natalie for reasons that no one truly understands, and was immediately voted out afterwards while everyone laughed at him for being stupid.

The fourth time it happened was South Pacific, where Brandon Hantz gave his immunity to Albert for reasons that don't really make any sense at all and no one truly understands because Brandon is a crazy person, and of course he was immediately voted out afterwards.

I can't help but laugh at this point because:

1) I am so old, I literally watched every episode of survivor completely live until the invention of DVR's (so yea in interweb terms I am one-thousand and 8), but or BECAUSE of that (I'm not sure) I absolutley do not have the capacity to remember things like that, and it kinda scares me that some people can do it.

2) my point stands... Nobody has done it in forever and ever.... So it is now a possible legitimate surprise "shock and awe" strategy again, if the right circumstance arises :pirate:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Previously on...

...Survivor!

(go Jenn 2015)

heybrother
Jan 4, 2013
I'm not sure if this is kosher, but anyone have a life feed?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Did Dan call them kiddies?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress off Mike. Nobody needs your phony respect for the idol play. That's just a way to pretend to be cocky after you just got taken down.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jenn :swoon:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh, so rodney's going home tonight.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go punch a tree.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

gently caress for a moment I forgot how dumb their tribe name was

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rodney, you are so fugaze

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He's a loving idiot

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Rodney's fuse is lit. How long until he blows up?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

TMMadman posted:

His fuse is always lit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rodney is toast.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"We're running this game"
*last two players eliminated are Joaquin and Kelly*

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo: Dan

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Hopefully 45 minutes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I never noticed the Texas shorts before.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Joe the beast

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Joe is good at reward-picking~

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Rodney...gonna keep it real.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh my god Rodney stop talking

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rodney is a total loving retard

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

gently caress off Rodney dear god just gently caress off. Walk into the ocean and never return.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Joe made some good picks there.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rodney, bro. Grab a Snickers

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"I loving hate you"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm the realest dude to play this loving game bro

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"I loving hate you." - Jenn, Best Survivor Contestant

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jenn is absolutely amazing.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Rodney, bro. Grab a Snickers

and then he turns into Boston Rob

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
If Rod doesn't go home tonight, there is no Survivor justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

This needs to be repeated

• Locked thread