Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mike was off chasing a Hydra guy they didn't get in their kill spree from a couple of episodes ago.

Dexo posted:

I do like how we are just calling him Adama. I struggle to even remember his actual name in this series.

Gonzalez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

I did miss some dialogue, where did Coulson say Dethlok had been deployed to until now? I heard him mention it but didn't get where.

Chasing some Hydra mook

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

greatn posted:

I did miss some dialogue, where did Coulson say Dethlok had been deployed to until now? I heard him mention it but didn't get where.

He was trailing some HYDRA guy named Liszt I think. Which seems like the wrong job for a scarred-up combat cyborg but hey, whatever works.

Unless they mean less "covertly following to investigate" and more "hunt down T-800 style".

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Chasing some Hydra mook

Who sounds a lot like Baron von Strucker, who we last saw was experimenting with 2 powered people.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So everything about NuShield is dumb and bad except for the fact that they have EJO as a guest star. The longer it goes on the more jarring his cognitive dissidence gets, and I really don't like the indication that NuShield and GoodCompetentSHIELD will work out their issues and work together.

But on the plus side, if it does go that way, having EJO as a reoccurring guest star would be pretty badass. If that happens, I just really, really hope he has less hypocritical speeches about transparency in leadership, and more awesome speeches about axes, and their current ownership status.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

So everything about NuShield is dumb and bad except for the fact that they have EJO as a guest star. The longer it goes on the more jarring his cognitive dissidence gets, and I really don't like the indication that NuShield and GoodCompetentSHIELD will work out their issues and work together.

But on the plus side, if it does go that way, having EJO as a reoccurring guest star would be pretty badass. If that happens, I just really, really hope he has less hypocritical speeches about transparency in leadership, and more awesome speeches about axes, and their current ownership status.

I like R.E.A.L.S.H.I.E.L.D They have a privy council, sure they are a bit gung ho about people with powers, but thats kind of understandable.

Adama also got himself a Battlestarship, what's not to like.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Colonial Air Force posted:

If he killed 100 Nazis with a pistol, he was executing prisoners.

Yea no poo poo. Then again maybe he meant that his grandpa killed 100 nazis that weren't loyal enough :godwin:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm betting May ends up on the board, then she Mack, and Bobbi elect Coulson new head of BoatSHIELD.

Vendetta
Jun 30, 2002

I'm in pieces.
That... would be quite the subversion. I like it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Robert Gonzales. :eng101:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bad day posted:

I mean like, the progression of the storyline. I can't think of specific examples but there's been episodes where one character gives a long speech to another character about loyalty to Shield/Coulson/whatever and then in the very next episode the exact same conversation takes place with reversed roles.

I think this is a Whedon thing - Buffy had a lot of speeches too but not nearly as many as Shield. Sometimes I think Whedon learned the wrong lessons from Dollhouse and somehow imagines people enjoyed the melodrama aspect of the show, when in fact the overarching storyline was the only really compelling thing about Dollhouse.

I like Shield. I just wish they would move the story along instead of wasting so much time with double/triple agents, changing loyalties, and subsequent speeches about said changing loyalties. That stuff is extremely uninteresting to me, and I now fast forward through most scenes where only two characters are talking to each other, because nothing important ever happens in those scenes.

I... didn't know this was a Whedon show and I was one of those Firefly loving dweebs.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Khanstant posted:

I... didn't know this was a Whedon show and I was one of those Firefly loving dweebs.

It's a Whedon show, just not that Whedon.

It's that Whedon's brother's show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol christ his brother's copied his job? Little bro or big bro hahaha.

Also, I get calling him Adama but why were y'all calling him Muad'dad? Was he in Dune or some poo poo wtf?

edit: Derp, you mean Skyes daddy. I can't believe I've never seen the Dune films, let alone knew Twin Peaks guy was star.

edit2: I can believe it actually, both versions sound like they could've been incredible if it weren't for the industry.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 8, 2015

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Phylodox posted:

It's a Whedon show, just not that Whedon.

It's that Whedon's brother's show.

Joss was involved with the creation and did the pilot though. He's not working on it now, but the stuff that's happening now was planned since the show's inception, probably at least partly by him.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Khanstant posted:

Also, I get calling him Adama but why were y'all calling him Muad'dad? Was he in Dune or some poo poo wtf?

Are you being ironic? I honestly can't tell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Khanstant posted:

lol christ his brother's copied his job? Little bro or big bro hahaha.

More like Joss copied his grandfathers job and fathers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Naw man I'm just really bad and dumb at TV and movies. Seriously my questions are always things that would've been answered if I paid more attention or knew more things about the people involved in making these shows. I've thought every episode of Shield and Flash have been the season finale for three weeks now and I still think it.

bobkatt013 posted:

More like Joss copied his grandfathers job and fathers.

I didn't know there was a cabal of Whedon's out there.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 8, 2015

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Phylodox posted:

took me a while reading the thread to get some context too, since I'd also not seen Dune.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Khanstant posted:

Naw man I'm just really bad at TV and movies. Seriously my questions are always things that would've been answered if I paid more attention or knew more things about the people involved in making these shows. I've thought every episode of Shield and Flash have been the season finale for three weeks now and I still think it.

Okay.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Right, well I had looked it up and edited by the time you first called me on it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Khanstant posted:

I didn't know there was a cabal of Whedon's out there.

Yep and his dad helped to create the best character ever as he wrote for The Electric Company

Here is more info about his dad and granddad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Whedon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whedon

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rocksicles posted:

I like R.E.A.L.S.H.I.E.L.D They have a privy council, sure they are a bit gung ho about people with powers, but thats kind of understandable.

Adama also got himself a Battlestarship, what's not to like.

Yeah, I can understand their stance on powers, even if they're wrong, they're understandably wrong.

But every time someone (Adama) complains about how REALSHIELD is all about transparency and openness and no one grabs his face and yells at him for being a spying, lying, subversive poo poo, and that his actions are the complete opposite of his words, I lose interest in REALSHIELD a little more. It's such a huge elephant in the room at this point, and they've never done more than dance around it for like one line of dialog.

Also, the 'Gramps killed 100 nazis with this handgun' was stupid on so many levels.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah, I can understand their stance on powers, even if they're wrong, they're understandably wrong.

But every time someone (Adama) complains about how REALSHIELD is all about transparency and openness and no one grabs his face and yells at him for being a spying, lying, subversive poo poo, and that his actions are the complete opposite of his words, I lose interest in REALSHIELD a little more. It's such a huge elephant in the room at this point, and they've never done more than dance around it for like one line of dialog.

Also, the 'Gramps killed 100 nazis with this handgun' was stupid on so many levels.

And how, for being such a so-called democracy, Adama is blatantly brushing off one of his key operatives' concerns over the handling of Skye's retrieval.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hope and vaseline posted:

And how, for being such a so-called democracy, Adama is blatantly brushing off one of his key operatives' concerns over the handling of Skye's retrieval.

Look, the council voted to murder Skye. It's Bobbi that needs to get with the program here!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

Sounds like you want to be angry at it. Who gives a gently caress if they are hypocrites, they at least trying to be better.

Abuelo could have shot some dynamite with the .45 and blew up a 100 nazis. I don't need mission details.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 8, 2015

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Keep in mind, though this is a live-action television show it still takes place in a comic book world. Killing 100 Nazis with a pistol is probably barely worthy of note. Dum Dum Dugan probably killed a thousand Nazis with his hat.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

OB_Juan posted:

I'm betting May ends up on the board, then she Mack, and Bobbi elect Coulson new head of BoatSHIELD.

This is the exact kind of scenario I see happening.

It's gotta be that or something Ultron-related that makes them work together.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
ITT People take something that can easily be assumed to be hyperbole and sperg about how illogical it is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Coulson's grandpa killed 100 Nazis in a CAVE! With a box of SCRAPS!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

B.A. Blazkowicz kills 200 nazis before his morning piss! This guy's got nothing on him.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Thomas Ferebee still has a higher kill count.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
All we need to know is that that man had a gun and now he has it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I hope Skye knows the constellations and figures out where the secret city is that way. Even if it's inaccessible, any astronomy nerd could figure out the latitude on the first clear night. And a secret agent who's been all over the world might be familiar with different altitudes and how it feels to breathe there. That's enough data points to find the place again probably.

Though if she escapes only to find out they're on the loving moon, that'd be cool too.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I can't believe May couldn't feel the difference between a loaded and unloaded gun.

Also, wasn't that a Japanese Torri, not chinese?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

double nine posted:

Don't ruin this for me!!!!

On a more serious note, how the gently caress did muad'mom survive getting all of her organs torn out?! Did Muad'dad take them all from Whitehall and put them back?

Wolverine's survived and regenerated back from getting blasted into a skeleton, compared to that regenerating back from a vivisection is peanuts.

:goonsay:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Rasczak posted:

Wolverine's survived and regenerated back from getting blasted into a skeleton, compared to that regenerating back from a vivisection is peanuts.

:goonsay:

Everything_wrong_with_comics.txt

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think the set up here is more for Civil War than it is for Ultron. Its playing out to a tee.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You're a good guy now, Mike, you're allowed to get fix-it-up plastic surgery on those burns.

I'm a little disappointed that they're doing shitloads of setting up Bobbi's eventual turn away from ReelSHIELD but none for Mack.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

MikeJF posted:

You're a good guy now, Mike, you're allowed to get fix-it-up plastic surgery on those burns.

I'm a little disappointed that they're doing shitloads of setting up Bobbi's eventual turn away from ReelSHIELD but none for Mack.

Well the difference is that Mack isn't seeing a lot of what Bobbi is and is still essentially a true believer, he just wants to save his lil' buddy Turbo from what he believes is the wrong path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PierreTheMime posted:

Well the difference is that Mack isn't seeing a lot of what Bobbi is and is still essentially a true believer, he just wants to save his lil' buddy Turbo from what he believes is the wrong path.

Which is what I'm disappointed about. Flip, Mack, join us!

• Locked thread