Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Howard the Duck 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

SHOCKS AND SURPRISES like Hulk straight-up murdering some folks for rollerskating to disco music:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uh, actually if you look, the Hulk has never murdered anyone ever.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The rolled concrete was carefully molded to provide pockets for each goon

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Uh, actually if you look, the Hulk has never murdered anyone ever.

Still the greatest retcon in the history of comics.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AnonSpore posted:

The rolled concrete was carefully molded to provide pockets for each goon

There's no pocket large enough to fit a goon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

There's no pocket large enough to fit a goon.

Unstable Molecules.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The last Ultimate Spider-Man police station gag from #12

That's Hickman dressed as Capt Universe, and I think the two shaking hands are supposed to be Bendis and Marquez

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

This one is a guilty pleasure - your about to be killed/mutilated/surprise-sexed-to-death and you can't help but sneak in a "I told you so"

Crossed Badlands 10#

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Dacap posted:

That's Hickman dressed as Capt Universe, and I think the two shaking hands are supposed to be Bendis and Marquez

Marquez and Bendis are canon in 1610

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dacap posted:

Kong got old fast.

EDIT: You know, I've seen Hickman in person and talked to him a little and I still picture him looking nothing like he actually does, and I don't know why.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Manwithastick posted:

This one is a guilty pleasure - your about to be killed/mutilated/surprise-sexed-to-death and you can't help but sneak in a "I told you so"

Crossed Badlands 10#

Crossed is such a guilty pleasure of mine. At least half of them are just absolutely loving terribly written, but even when it's dumb as hell I enjoy it and when it's good I really enjoy it.

I think the thing it really does that no other "zombie" media does is just completely avoid any hope of a positive outcome in any of the stories.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Majuju posted:

Marquez and Bendis are canon in 1610

Bendis posted on his twitter that people don't call him Kingpin because he's fat and bald, but because he tries so hard to kill Spiderman and Daredevil.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

Bendis posted on his twitter that people don't call him Kingpin because he's fat and bald, but because he tries so hard to kill Spiderman and Daredevil.

Do you have a link to that tweet?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think this is from a recap of some description, I have no idea of half the characters or the comic itself I am afraid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Do you have a link to that tweet?

I mean to say tumblr and I even deleted twitter and apparently typed twitter again. I'll see if I can find it.
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/114076098797/care-to-respond-to-reports-that-you-are-in-fact

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 8, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Josef bugman posted:

I think this is from a recap of some description, I have no idea of half the characters or the comic itself I am afraid.

That's from the amazing Marvel Adventures mini series Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Lurdiak posted:

That's from the amazing Marvel Adventures mini series Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil.

Ta muchly. I just enjoy the good Doctor's antic's. It is a shame more is not made of them as they can be hilarious.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Avengers #54 Radioactive Man tells the New Masters of Evil how he was last defeated by those accursed Avengers:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why did the balloon need to be lead-coated?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

To take Radioactive Man over the hills and far away.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Crossed is such a guilty pleasure of mine. At least half of them are just absolutely loving terribly written, but even when it's dumb as hell I enjoy it and when it's good I really enjoy it.

I think the thing it really does that no other "zombie" media does is just completely avoid any hope of a positive outcome in any of the stories.

I binge-read almost all of it over the last week and I've got to agree. The cynical nihlism and the fact that no good character ever gets away without some absolutely major wounds and any character that is mostly good but more willing to be a bastard is usually the cause of those wounds really speaks to me on an adolescent level. The Badlands story about the hippie, the biker, and the pregnant mother was a highlight that really shouldn't have worked as well as it did. Unfortunately binge-reading the whole series made a lot of the formula plain as day, and Ennis' very ill-advised "origin story" wasn't awful but managed to make his prior "Fatal Englishmen" story worse by association. Still great guilty pleasure.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Radiation. Duh.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

A very quiet pun.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Why is Darth Vader just keep getting funnier??? I mean, when I pick up an issue of a comic series about Darth loving Vader, I don't expect to laugh out loud repeatedly.

Darth Vader #4

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume that's another 3PO and not the one we're normally familiar with? The lighting/colouring there doesn't make it clear.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

I assume that's another 3PO and not the one we're normally familiar with? The lighting/colouring there doesn't make it clear.

Yeah, those two are assassin/torture droids that Vader picked up with his new archaeologist ally.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

I believe it's Triple-Zero, or something like that. Introduced in the previous issue, it's a semi-standard protocol droid, except its protocols lean more towards Order 66 than Hutt table etiquette. Apparently he finds it difficult to restrain the urge to kill every meatbag he comes across. Likewise, his little buddy BT there is an astro-murder droid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's like he saw his son get a motorcycle, so to convince the world he's not over the hill, he has to get a faster, more DANGEROUS bike, with FLAMES on it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
^^^
It really seems like Gillen is building out an evil version of the good guys' party, doesn't it?

Triple-Zero is an Imperial-built protocol droid which has some glitchy programming and non-standard hardware like electrocution plates in its hands. BT-1 is an assassin droid built to look like an astromech and basically has War Machine's weapons loadout.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This sounds like someone describing their tabletop game.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

techknight posted:

Avengers #54 Radioactive Man tells the New Masters of Evil how he was last defeated by those accursed Avengers:

Iron Man looks like he's got the runs and has to stop this fight as quickly as he can so he can get to the can.

A lead-lined balloon might have a lot of problems just lifting itself let alone an angry Radioactive Man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I miss Squeaky from the pre-reboot X-Wing novels. He was a free protocol droid. Not even a socket for a restraining bolt. And he was basically a surly bartender that then got shanghaied into being Wedge's quartermaster.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

goatface posted:

This sounds like someone describing their tabletop game.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

It's like he saw his son get a motorcycle, so to convince the world he's not over the hill, he has to get a faster, more DANGEROUS bike, with FLAMES on it.

Or maybe they just remind him of the droids he had as a kid?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The amount of hype I have for this movie has just risen by approximately 46%.

XMO:W did too much damage for me to be able to get truly worked up over it, but between the test footage and this video I can say I'm starting to believe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

...that makes total sense. They're the totally metal, hardcore, gritty updated Transformers/Turtles/Captain N of the Star Wars U.

"No, Uncle Palpatine, it's not lame that I'm playing with my old toys! They're cool now, they're BLACK and have rocket launchers and flamethrowers and make rad jokes about murder!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

...that makes total sense. They're the totally metal, hardcore, gritty updated Transformers/Turtles/Captain N of the Star Wars U.

"No, Uncle Palpatine, it's not lame that I'm playing with my old toys! They're cool now, they're BLACK and have rocket launchers and flamethrowers and make rad jokes about murder!"

"And they torture people!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5W8EBHNsLc&t=98s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

"And they torture people!"

Just like America!