Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kinda balking at the price for Affordable Space Adventures, given that all the reviews have mentioned it's fairly short and mostly linear, but it does look fun and it's nice to see someone trying something interesting with the gamepad.

And it has the word 'Affordable' in the title. MADNESS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pokemon Rumble World will probably suck, regardless of whether they do or don't shove IAP down your throat.

I have faith that it will be as good as Rumble Blast. Maybe. I hope.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

A Big... Dog posted:

And it has the word 'Affordable' in the title. MADNESS!

It refers to the in-game story/theme, not the game itself

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

less laughter posted:

It refers to the in-game story/theme, not the game itself

A joke is something spoken, written, or done with humorous intention. Jokes may have many different forms, e.g., a single word or a gesture (considered in a particular context), a question-answer, or a whole short story. The word "joke" has a number of synonyms, including wisecrack, gag, prank, quip, jape and jest. To achieve their end, jokes may employ irony, sarcasm, word play and other devices. Jokes may have a punch line, i.e., an ending to make it humorous.

You see, when he added "MADNESS!" at the end -- that was a "punch line".

All that aside, 20€ for such a short game is indeed hard to swallow. It will be easy to recommend on a sale, though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Saoshyant posted:

A joke is something spoken, written, or done with humorous intention. Jokes may have many different forms, e.g., a single word or a gesture (considered in a particular context), a question-answer, or a whole short story. The word "joke" has a number of synonyms, including wisecrack, gag, prank, quip, jape and jest. To achieve their end, jokes may employ irony, sarcasm, word play and other devices. Jokes may have a punch line, i.e., an ending to make it humorous.

You see, when he added "MADNESS!" at the end -- that was a "punch line".

Thanks for the mansplanation

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

less laughter posted:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Lately the PAL updates that PSNinja puts up every week just depress me, because they always have some cool deal that NA is not getting. I do NOT NOT NOT want to get into a NA vs. EU war here, I just want everyone to have access to Fun Games and Good Deals. I would buy The Keep if it were proportionally discounted in NA, and I am also somewhat uninterested in the GunVolt promotion.

Just saying... egalitarianism, share the wealth etc etc

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Kinda balking at the price for Affordable Space Adventures, given that all the reviews have mentioned it's fairly short and mostly linear, but it does look fun and it's nice to see someone trying something interesting with the gamepad.
Yeah, I was a little shocked at the price as well when I looked up the game's page a few days ago in the eShop (20 USD). That makes it the most expensive game (for the consumer) produced by both Nifflas and Knapnok, I'm pretty sure. I'm still going to buy it ASAP.

less laughter posted:

lol

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JustJeff88 posted:

Lately the PAL updates that PSNinja puts up every week just depress me, because they always have some cool deal that NA is not getting.
If it makes you feel any better, the US got much more favorable Club Nintendo rewards recently (the EU prices for the downloadable games are highway robbery) so on average I'd say it evens out in the end. Both regions get equally hosed in different ways.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

JustJeff88 posted:

Lately the PAL updates that PSNinja puts up every week just depress me, because they always have some cool deal that NA is not getting. I do NOT NOT NOT want to get into a NA vs. EU war here, I just want everyone to have access to Fun Games and Good Deals. I would buy The Keep if it were proportionally discounted in NA, and I am also somewhat uninterested in the GunVolt promotion.

Just saying... egalitarianism, share the wealth etc etc

Gunvolt got the exact same launch deal in NA,; PAL is only getting it now because we only just got the game.

The Keep will probably go on sale in NA this week, too, NA just doesn't send out their PR until a couple hours before the store updates.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Gunvolt got the exact same launch deal in NA,; PAL is only getting it now because we only just got the game.

The Keep will probably go on sale in NA this week, too, NA just doesn't send out their PR until a couple hours before the store updates.

You are right about Gunvolt - I missed it and forgot about it. Apologies.

As for The Keep, I hope that you are right. That does look fun.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pokemon Rumble World is out in PAL-land (Europe/Aus, but not UK, it seems).

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
It's out in the UK too.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

What are y'all's early opinions? Is it worth downloading? I'm actually pretty excited for it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why do we care about this one and not other ones

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, it's Pokemon Rumble, the dumbest Diablo-clone in the world. I do like the series tho since it's pretty chill to just run around with you 'mans smashing other 'mans.
Not sure how I feel about the microtransactions but they don't seem that bad so far.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Code Name STEAM patch for speeding up enemy turns is out, apparently.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE is giving out an exclusive menu theme as part of Streetpass Week:

quote:

8th April 2015 – It’s about time for owners of a Nintendo 3DS family system to take to the streets, as Nintendo announces International StreetPass Week between 16th and 27th April 2015. This celebration of all things StreetPass coincides with the release of two new games for, and a major new update to, StreetPass Mii Plaza. This week-and-a-bit of activity will bring together players’ Mii characters from across Europe, USA and Canada, as well as gifting Nintendo 3DS owners with a special Mii of Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata, and a free, commemorative HOME Menu theme*.

By visiting any Nintendo Zone location during International StreetPass Week, Nintendo 3DS owners can receive up to six international Mii visitors to their system, via StreetPass Relay. From the furthest reaches of south-western USA or northern Canada to the most easterly part of Germany in Europe - and many places in between – exciting and exotic Mii characters will be shared between Nintendo 3DS systems around the western world.

At participating Nintendo Zone locations*, visitors can also get a download code for a free Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme exclusively made for International StreetPass Week, as well as encounter the special Mii of Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata. To find a Nintendo Zone location simply visit the Nintendo Zone Finder at zone.nintendo.co.uk.

More Mii characters means more puzzle pieces collected, more map locations obtained and more heroes to assist players in the wide variety of StreetPass Mii Plaza games already available, as well as the two exciting new ones releasing on 16th April: StreetPass Fishing and StreetPass Zombies.

In the soothing StreetPass Fishing, players visit islands to try to catch more than 150 types of fish and legendary monsters with bait received from Mii characters via StreetPass. In the action-packed StreetPass Zombies, players receive weapons based on the hobbies of their StreetPass Mii Plaza characters to defeat a horde of zombies. The recently released trailer shows both games in action.

Fans can download an update to StreetPass Mii Plaza, enabling them to customise their greetings, as well as purchase StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium, which adds features such as StreetPass Birthdays and the new VIP room.

StreetPass Communities all over the UK will be holding events during International StreetPass Week, to celebrate StreetPass and the two new games coming to the StreetPass Mii Plaza.

The events across the UK will give Nintendo fans a chance to play the new StreetPass games as well as revisit classic Nintendo 3DS titles including Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokιmon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Mario Kart 7.

Fans will be able to access information about their local events via http://streetpassuk.co.uk/. This community run website will be updated in the build-up to International StreetPass week, so be sure to keep checking for new updates and events.

Which international Mii will you meet? Go out there and get that little green light on your Nintendo 3DS family system to blink during International StreetPass Week between 16th and 27th April 2015.

StreetPass Fishing and StreetPass Zombies, as well as the StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium update launch on 16th April for Nintendo 3DS.

*Participating Nintendo Zone locations for StreetPass Relay activity, the special Mii of Mr. Shibata and a free Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme:
Germany: McDonald’s
UK: GAME
Italy: McDonald’s, Gamelife , VideoGamesParty Home
Spain: GAME
Benelux: Game Mania, MANGAKISSA

Participating Nintendo Zone locations for StreetPass Relay activity only:
Germany: McDonald’s
UK: GAME, O2 Wifi
Italy: McDonald’s, Gamelife, VideoGamesParty Home
Spain: GAME
Benelux: Game Mania, MANGAKISSA, KPN

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

Code Name STEAM patch for speeding up enemy turns is out, apparently.

It's a shame that they didn't do this before the reviews came in.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

It's a shame that they didn't do this before the reviews came in.

I think it's only a thing because of reviews

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

I think it's only a thing because of reviews

Yeah, they should have had the forethought though. People were already complaining about it before it released when they got a chance to play it at conventions and such.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wonder if reviews will be updated. Other games have had their reviews amended for the game being fixed recently.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I'm guessing the STEAM update is out in Europe now and NA tomorrow? Not getting the update prompt / seeing it on the eShop.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

NOE is giving out an exclusive menu theme as part of Streetpass Week:

Does it look cool?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MykonosFan posted:

I'm guessing the STEAM update is out in Europe now and NA tomorrow? Not getting the update prompt / seeing it on the eShop.
Codename Steam? Europe isn't getting that til May 15th or something. :v:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

less laughter posted:

Does it look cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09Vpd8_mR0

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Alright, I have a possibly stupid question that I was hoping some WiseGoons™ could help me with.

I'm a guy who lives in the US who wants to give a friend in Canada a download code for MH4U. How would I go about doing that? I'd prefer something that can be handled with cashmoney though it's not a necessity; My access to credit cards is limited, but doable. (We're both poor as heck, but we want to hunt monsters together)

I know that eShop cards I buy in the US can't be used in Canada, but that a hypothetical code I bought here would. Nintendo's website, though, doesn't work; they only sell first-party games.

Am I just poo poo out of luck? Should I look for some shady website along the lines of totallylegitgamecodez.com to find what I'm looking for?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

John Lee posted:

Alright, I have a possibly stupid question that I was hoping some WiseGoons™ could help me with.

I'm a guy who lives in the US who wants to give a friend in Canada a download code for MH4U. How would I go about doing that? I'd prefer something that can be handled with cashmoney though it's not a necessity; My access to credit cards is limited, but doable. (We're both poor as heck, but we want to hunt monsters together)

I know that eShop cards I buy in the US can't be used in Canada, but that a hypothetical code I bought here would. Nintendo's website, though, doesn't work; they only sell first-party games.

Am I just poo poo out of luck? Should I look for some shady website along the lines of totallylegitgamecodez.com to find what I'm looking for?

I'd just ask some Canadian goon to hook you up in SA mart or something, but there's probably an easier way too.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

That would involve social interaction with strangers, see, and then I'd be forced to find a way to pay THAT Canadian fellow in the currency of their choice.

...and you know how those Northerners are.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm pretty sure while US eshop cash cards don't work in Canada, game codes will. I've definitely given my US CN games to Canadians before. Don't know where you can buy MH4U codes though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I unironically want this.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Lodin posted:

Codename Steam? Europe isn't getting that til May 15th or something. :v:
We did get the update today though... for the demo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 9):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Affordable Space Adventures - €18.99 / £16.99
    Guac 'a Mole - €3.50 / £3.19
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy 3 Wii U VC games, get the 4th free! Eligible games include Mario 64, DK64, Mario Kart DS and WarioWare Touched. - until April 16
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Paper Monsters Recut (Wii U eShop) - €3.29 / £2.79 until April 9
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €7.999 / £6.99 until April 9
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €3.29 / £2.79 until April 29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    My Pet School 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Rumble World - free-to-play with in-app purchases
    Quell Memento - €3.99 / £3.19
    Swords & Soldiers 3D - €6.99 / £5.59 (permanent price reduction)
    Quell Memento - £3.19 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.40 until April 9
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - €14.99 / £13.49 until April 9
    Asterix The Mansions of the Gods (3DS) - €19.99 / £16.99 until April 9
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €7.99 / £6.99 until April 9
    WRC FIA World Rally Championship The Official Game (3DS) - €4.49 / £3.99 until 16
    Comic Workshop (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until April 16
    Painting Workshop (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 from until April 16
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until April 23
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.99 until April 23
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.49 until April 23
    Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until April 23
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until April 30
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of April 2):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Watch Dogs - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP GAMES
    Affordable Space Adventures - $19.99
    Tri-Strip - $1.49 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    WarioWare: Touched! (DS) - $9.99
    Yoshi Touch & Go (DS) - $9.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until April 9
    Rock'n Off-Road Racing (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until April 12
    Tetrobot & Co. (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until April 12
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - $9.99 until April 13

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - $39.99, New 3DS-exclusive
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon - $39.99, all DLC free until May 5
    Lego Ninjago: Nindroids - $19.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Rumble World - free-to-play with in-game purchases
    Runny Egg - $1.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: Mechonis - $1.99
    Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: Monado - $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - $9.99 until April 13
    WRC Official Game of the FIA World Rally Championship (3DS) - $20 until April 23
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until April 18
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) - $14.99 until April 20
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - $2.79 until April 23
    Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D (3DS) - $0.99 until April 23
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - "on sale" until April 27
    Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay (3DS) - "on sale" until April 27

CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

NOA says they're doing a sale on "select great games for up to 30% off" from 9AM Pacific until April 20 but didn't bother to list any of the games. Check back here in a few hours, I guess! http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

Yoshi Touch & Go is the second-best Yoshi game. Meditate on that for a second.

I haven't and won't play Pokemon Rumble World but I read that once you buy a certain amount of in-game currency (3000 gems or whatever) it gives you a bunch of poo poo that means you'll never have to spend another cent, which is... not generous, but I guess it's nice they put a cap on it? I dunno.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"Runny Egg"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In somewhat tempted by watch dogs at that price, can someone talk me down?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

greatn posted:

It's a very bland open world game with a terrible main character and laughably bad story. Also, it won't get any of the DLC that the other platforms got.

Wait for a fire sale on the physical copy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

greatn posted:

it's a boring piece of poo poo Assassin's Creed crossed with GTA but worse than both of them, with infinitely worse writing, characters, gimmicks, AI, and graphics. You're also getting the shittiest optimized version with none of the DLC. Please do not buy Watch_Dogs(tm)

For the same price you could buy Affordable Space Adventures plus Warioware Touched and have a better experience.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm tempted to buy Warioware touched as well but I literally have the cartridge which can work in my 3ds at any time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

greatn posted:

I'm tempted to buy Warioware touched as well but I literally have the cartridge which can work in my 3ds at any time.

IMO any ds game you already have is not worth buying for the wiiu. if you really want to burn 30 bux then the best nintendo game to use it on would be preordering splatoon at this juncture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Yoshi Touch & Go is the second-best Yoshi game. Meditate on that for a second.
Oh, come on, Story isn't necessarily that bad.