Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Burt posted:

I have no idea how WGNA even walk and breath at the same time. EU gets pretty much 200K players at peak time and NA gets what, 30K? How the gently caress can they be overwhelmed with tickets compared to the Mongol hordes on EU?

NA servers are filled with Nazi whearboos, confederate rednecks, "veteran" posers, and various super right wing tea partier types. They also feel the need to vent their latest Obama/Demoncrat persecution of their "whatever talking point" in game chat a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Agrajag posted:

NA servers are filled with Nazi whearboos, confederate rednecks, "veteran" posers, and various super right wing tea partier types. They also feel the need to vent their latest Obama/Demoncrat persecution of their "whatever talking point" in game chat a lot.

Counterpoint, there are like 500 countries in Europe and they all are stupid and hate each other.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Counterpoint, there are like 500 countries in Europe and they all are stupid and hate each other.

501, another two city blocks in the former Yugoslav Republic seceded from each other last week

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

What was the update for this morning? I had to leave before it finished. Is it 9.7? Or just taking out the stupid April Fool's poo poo?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
EU1 is a loving shitshow tonight. Two wins out of seven games. The servers are heaving with T30s that don't fire, heavy tanks that hide behind artillery, and sub-45% w/r scouts who think passive scouting through a wall next to friendly heavies is more important than actually scouting.
And with over 100,000 players on, out of the seven games there was only one where I wasn't bottom tier.

I don't understand how everything about this game's matchmaking and playerbase is just so much worse than other online games.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 8, 2015

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

NTRabbit posted:

No it's still pretty bad, it's just not bad as measured on a galactic scale like it was before the elevation buff. The gun elevation did nothing to change the enormous slab sided size of the completely unarmoured vehicle, or the atrocious gun handling that makes on the move shooting at anything beyond point blank a total waste of shells.

It's a 50 100 that goes fast and has some other buffs. It is a good, even great, tank but not an easy or relaxing tank to play. It's no E 50/T-54 but it's a good t9 medium, as it is now.

The lorraine 40t happens to be my second highest average damage t9 medium with 2488 average damage, over a decent mix of solo and platoon play. My Type 61 has a higher average damage but it's also by far the most recent of the t9 mediums I've completed and it was the tank I was playing the most right before I burned out. I'd much rather play the Lorraine again than the Type 61. I would not call it a better tank than the E-50 or T-54 but I certainly outperformed them in it.

Then again you are NTRabbit.

Protip: don't listen to NTRabbit. Listen to people who actually know what they're talking about.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 8, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I am tempted to buy the Lorraine again and play it now that I am not a total retard. Someone please talk me out of this.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

WayAbvPar posted:

I am tempted to buy the Lorraine again and play it now that I am not a total retard. Someone please talk me out of this.

It's a great tank but it can be frustrating to play and it's very punishing of mistakes. Not really a tank to repurchase and play for fun. Get an E 50, Cent 7, T-54, or WZ-120 instead.

e: Despite my great performance in it and habit of keeping t9 mediums I sold the Lorraine. I also sold the Type 61 because that's the most frustrating thing to play.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 8, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Desuwa posted:

It's a great tank but it can be frustrating to play and its very punishing of mistakes. Not really a tank to repurchase and play for fun. Get an E 50, Cent 7, T-54, or WZ-120 instead.

e: Despite my great performance in it and habit of keeping t9 mediums I sold the Lorraine. I also sold the Type 61 because that's the most frustrating thing to play.

Thanks for the reminder....I have had the E 50 unlocked for a couple of months and forgot to buy it. I own all the rest of those mentioned.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Yeah I will never buy the Lorraine again. Meh.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum
On Himmelsdorf, arty can set up in relative safety in the spawn to cover the hill, or just chill on rails as someone already said. If you spawn in the south, you can set up on the edge of the map on the 8 line and have perfect shots on the northern end of heavy alley.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WayAbvPar posted:

What was the update for this morning? I had to leave before it finished. Is it 9.7? Or just taking out the stupid April Fool's poo poo?

It isn't 9.7

It was probably them removing the support button

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

KcDohl posted:

On Himmelsdorf, arty can set up in relative safety in the spawn to cover the hill, or just chill on rails as someone already said. If you spawn in the south, you can set up on the edge of the map on the 8 line and have perfect shots on the northern end of heavy alley.

On standard battle I usually go here. It's just outside of max spotting range from the hill. If it's encounter I'll just sit at the base of the hill and counter-battery, like 80% of the time I'll blindfire as soon as my first shell loads and hit an arty.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Burt posted:

I have no idea how WGNA even walk and breath at the same time. EU gets pretty much 200K players at peak time and NA gets what, 30K? How the gently caress can they be overwhelmed with tickets compared to the Mongol hordes on EU?

They are lazy and filled with nazis who do not appreciate people reporting nazi clans and names.

99% of tickets would be instantly solved just by reading them or watching an attached replay, then taking a single action or no action at all and just closing the ticket. We all know the ingame reporting system is all but useless, since at least half the player base don't even know it exists or how to operate the mouse.

I have never been chatbanned in WoT. Ever. And I can be pretty toxic at times when people start talking poo poo. And it looks like I never, ever will be chatbanned. What I have done is send in around a dozen reports about players named stuff like 1stLSSAH, WaffenSS_Soldat and stuff like that, so I guess Wargaming North America just allowed literal nazis free reign to have offensive names in the game.

I wonder what the head office would have to say about that.

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008

Desuwa posted:

It's a 50 100 that goes fast and has some other buffs. It is a good, even great, tank but not an easy or relaxing tank to play. It's no E 50/T-54 but it's a good t9 medium, as it is now.

I do a decent amount of damage in it, but still far less than my e50 which I adore. I have a real problem doing damage that matters, things like e75s and obj 704s really don't give a poo poo if I shoot them even with gold, those are the kind of things I can't count on my team to do a loving thing to. I swear enemies or friendlies die between each clip and I have to watch a steamroll either way where I can't do jack but watch.

Low battles, I know, but i've been loving it up for a week now.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
reallymad@sovietbias.jpg:

Why did I find a two-year-old post? Because I decided to check up on the star of my WoT forums signature:

I had to artfully blot out his name out after a mod banned me for "naming and shaming".

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
10,000 battles and I haven't ever owned a KV-2 until today.

:hellyeah:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I still really like the E-75, what a great tank. Just rolled out and did a 5.5k damage game in it, and managed HT-15 with honors. Its so comfy to drive, you have armor, mobility, nice gun and workable gun depression. Can't believe I ever sold it.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

one on a bun posted:

I do a decent amount of damage in it, but still far less than my e50 which I adore. I have a real problem doing damage that matters, things like e75s and obj 704s really don't give a poo poo if I shoot them even with gold, those are the kind of things I can't count on my team to do a loving thing to. I swear enemies or friendlies die between each clip and I have to watch a steamroll either way where I can't do jack but watch.

Low battles, I know, but i've been loving it up for a week now.

You realize the lorraine has 12 more silver pen and only 7 less APCR pen than the E 50 right? It's not pen that's doing it.

It is a great tank but it does demand a different playstyle and will punish you for mistakes.

Biggest mistake I made early on with it was trying to take advantage of my autoloader too much. Trading one or two shots for zero is a lot better than two or three for one, though you do have that option when it makes sense. It is an autoloader, conserve your health when possible; being able to take two or three hits late game in an autoloader is absolutely huge.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 9, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Burt posted:

Have you seen how they solve sever issues? They alienated a portion of their player base to one sever since they where too lazy to change sever providers :v:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

10,000 battles and I haven't ever owned a KV-2 until today.

:hellyeah:

Best to blare the Soviet national anthem when you play it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

I feel Ensign swelling up with pride, because I did, and I'm 'Murican, and I describe it as Soviet.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 9, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
You fuckers managed to skip over it bashing the Lorraine or w/e, so I'm repeating myself:

Steelion posted:

I assume the A-20 is still garbage, so assuming I want to go up the Soviet medium tree, T-80 line or start at the T-50? T-50 is obviously a shorter grind (but it's low tiers so it'll go fast either way), but I hear the T-80 line of tanks is pretty solid.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
T-80 doesn't see tier 7s where it's useless.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Steelion posted:

You fuckers managed to skip over it bashing the Lorraine or w/e, so I'm repeating myself:

T-50 still sees t7 battles, so if you're not confident with that you could go through the T-80. Light tank MM is a lot more forgiving now, though.

As for the A-20, it's unremarkable now that it gets regular MM. The T-80 is still leagues better, but the A-20 is no longer the worst grind in the game.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Sounds fair, T-80 it is. No reason to deal with light MM if I can help it.

Though that brings up the question, if not the A-20, what is the current worst tank? AMX 40?

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Desuwa posted:

Just wanna mirror this sentiment; whatever bad tank the Lorraine 50t used to be, it's definitely not now. It goes bobsled-speed on a straight line (faster than the Batchat even, maybe?), with good dispersion and acceptable aim-time. It doesn't has the 50 100 matchmaking. That doesn't matter, it never mattered: it's more agile than the 50 100, has more HP, the gun characteristics are the same and it reloads 10 seconds faster. You will still see tier 7's to snack on with a better reload, and you will still get tier 10 matches, where the Lorraine has an advantage in.

It's a good tank, a legit rewarding one. Not easy by any stretch and it requires some adapting to, but it's nowhere near as bad as people rumor it to be in the game.

My stats in it are garbage though, I didn't understood its playstyle and was waaaay too aggressive with it at first. I was privileged to even get that 5k damage ace tanker game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Steelion posted:

Though that brings up the question, if not the A-20, what is the current worst tank? AMX 40?

Valentine for tier 4 by a wide margin. That loving DPM is outrageous and it is worse in every way to the Matilda, while seeing the same matchmaking.

The actual worst tank is the Churchill GC, a tank that has been described as a very poor tier 5.

e: some of the TD view range nerfs may have shaken things up, but I doubt it. Still, the ChurchGC is very clearly unacceptably weak.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 9, 2015

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Steelion posted:

I put my vote in for the A-44 because it's the worst piece of poo poo I've played in the higher tiers, which makes it a long enough grind that you feel it.

No gun depression, extremely poor accuracy, stupendously poor gun handling, a terrible module layout, and armour that, at best, will bounce the odd t5 gun. Camo, pen, and damage per shot are all good but who cares? You can't sit back far enough to use the camo and hit anything, the pen hardly comes into effect because you can't hit a loving thing, and the same thing applies to the damage per shot.

A shell can enter through your front road wheel, track you, and get your ammo rack, engine, driver, and fuel tanks. It has happened multiple times. I was even absolutely crippled by a loving M4 Sherman by the first short of the game, damaging my engine, ammo rack, and driver and lighting me on fire. It is the only tank that I've seen routinely ammo rack itself with one shot, and I've been on both ends of that multiple times (and it's not even a common tank, wtf).

I thought the Sturer Emil was the worst a t7 could get and I was wrong.

e: I'd forgotten the Churchill GC, but I'd almost take points away from the Churchill shitcarrier because it's not actually required in any way (except for getting your master tanker badge).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

No gun depression, extremely poor accuracy, stupendously poor gun handling, a terrible module layout, and armour that, at best, will bounce the odd t5 gun. Camo, pen, and damage per shot are all good but who cares? You can't sit back far enough to use the camo and hit anything, the pen hardly comes into effect because you can't hit a loving thing, and the same thing applies to the damage per shot.

Clearly you didn't snapshot enough. So many A-44s "side scrape" at 300 meters, pull out and get penned because lol that armor layout, but snapshot me right back for 300 damage and never miss. Literally never aim.

Of course sometimes I twoshot it in a T37 or M41 because it really does have the worst modules. I mean I complain about the Centurion's loving awful module layout, but at least it doesn't get engine destroyed and set on fire and racked with the same shots.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can't have good winrates in good tanks but get a 59% WR in my T-34-2. No Idea.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Valentine for tier 4 by a wide margin. That loving DPM is outrageous and it is worse in every way to the Matilda, while seeing the same matchmaking.

Valentine's a tank with basically no good points. 60mm of unsloped armour is joke, and doesn't even cover the entire tank. Machine guns can pen your engine deck.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Clearly you didn't snapshot enough. So many A-44s "side scrape" at 300 meters, pull out and get penned because lol that armor layout, but snapshot me right back for 300 damage and never miss. Literally never aim.

Of course sometimes I twoshot it in a T37 or M41 because it really does have the worst modules. I mean I complain about the Centurion's loving awful module layout, but at least it doesn't get engine destroyed and set on fire and racked with the same shots.

I tried everything. If it's not the worst tank in the game its at least the worst grind because it's the worst tank, for its tier, above t6 for sure. I was once circled/jousted to death from almost full health by a solo ELC because the A-44 couldn't depress its gun enough to aim at it and when I managed to get the gun aimed at it the shots missed anyway.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 9, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Why can't I paint my Type 59 orange with the Confederate Battle flag on top while blasting "Dixie" through the speakers?

C'mon, WG, in honor of James Best.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 9, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Southern Dandy posted:

Why can't I paint my Type 59 orange with the Confederate Battle flag on top while blasting "Dixie" through the speakers?

C'mon, WG, in honor of James Best.

Next fun mode - sick stunts in the General M3 Lee.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Next fun mode - sick stunts in the General M3 Lee.

Might get a bit burny when it gets to the Sherman.

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?
Hey Dandy,

I did a thing to make you proud. http://wotreplays.com/site/1780887#mines-2tanked2drive-g_w_panther

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

BULBA declared war on us (otter)?

If so, I can't say I am surprised...

Not quite. This was the thread to which I was referring: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/427366-bulba-honors-ndp-no-dead-pbkacs/
BULBA wardecced & mapped PBKAC under the false pretense of "getting practice." They kind of sidestepped PBKAC's allies, including actively avoiding OTTER. After a few days they left the map. They seem to have pissed off everybody else, but again, as long as they're not on the map there's not a whole lot that anyone else can do to them (outside of their tourneys or whatever.)

Jack_tripper posted:

BULBA is part of what is arguably the top power bloc, together with CHAI, CHAII, HOHO, YO_OY and PINGU

No, the top bloc being -G-, OTTER, ESPRT, PBKAC, PETCO, etc. The random Chinese clans may have some good players, along with rerolls and Blurples, but keep in mind why "CHAI-sniping" is a derogatory term before you equate their players with being actually competent.

Mesadoram posted:

Was he ever un-banned?

He was told he would "never, ever, over SerB's dead body be un-chatbanned." Or something to that effect.

Steelion posted:

I assume the A-20 is still garbage, so assuming I want to go up the Soviet medium tree, T-80 line or start at the T-50? T-50 is obviously a shorter grind (but it's low tiers so it'll go fast either way), but I hear the T-80 line of tanks is pretty solid.

The T-60 on up are fantastic tanks.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Burt posted:

I file a lot of reports. Like every homophobic, racist, sexist comment in a game gets reported. It's 2015, there's no need for that. If you're going to insult other people at least have a drop of creativity.

That said, I will continue to submit tickets until they remove the system. And then I'll start sending in player reports under other headings. Or just stop playing because sometimes the most satisfaction I get out of this game comes from reporting a racist, sexist, homophobic anti-semite nazi-lover.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
The AMX 40 is worse than the valentine in pretty much every way but armor(but the valentine can outrun poo poo, the AMX can't outrun a Maus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Rutkowski posted:

The AMX 40 is worse than the valentine in pretty much every way but armor(but the valentine can outrun poo poo, the AMX can't outrun a Maus.

Pretty sure the AMX 40 has a working gun and not a 75mm that does arty dpm.