Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Last week someone let the air out of the front tires on my work van, this week they went whole-hog and slashed all 4 of them :sigh: I haven't even pissed off anyone at work lately, at least to the best of my knowledge.

And my phone's clock has stopped jumping around, preferring to stay right at 11:28am on April 6th :downs: , which is playing hell with a few of the apps that use the clock for stuff.

wednesdays

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Every single one of you retard fuckers that said anything along the lines of "Watch F&F7 it's self-aware and self-referential and is so bad it's good" are goddamned idiots.

The last movie I walked out of was Meet the Fokkers. I should have walked out of this one. The only reason I stayed was because it's the only building on post with functioning AC

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyone got any recommendations for electronic pulse massagers?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Geirskogul posted:

Every single one of you retard fuckers that said anything along the lines of "Watch F&F7 it's self-aware and self-referential and is so bad it's good" are goddamned idiots.

The last movie I walked out of was Meet the Fokkers. I should have walked out of this one. The only reason I stayed was because it's the only building on post with functioning AC
I liked you more when you were the guy that just printed neat little jack stands. You're the first person that didn't have anything good to say about the movie.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cage posted:

I liked you more when you were the guy that just printed neat little jack stands. You're the first person that didn't have anything good to say about the movie.

The last one I watched was Tokyo Drift so my opinion may not be "valid" or whatever. Even though I was in the theater by myself (1300 on a wednesday at ft bliss - there was nobody) I couldn't stop cringing. Everything was so bad it was bad, not so bad it was good. I'm convinced all of you said it was good to convince me to waste an afternoon in the greatest troll ever.

Well, there was that one part where a type IV ambo drove onto the fakeshit "drone," that was pretty cool. And it was the best send-off I've seen for a deceased actor. But I don't care about the actor himself and I guess the film just didn't catch. Oh well.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Geirskogul posted:

Everything was so bad it was bad, not so bad it was good. I'm convinced all of you said it was good to convince me to waste an afternoon in the greatest troll ever.

The only F&F even possibly watchable is the first. The rest are crimes against cinema on the level of Transformers 3 or 4.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'll just leave this here. http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/4969635823.html
For 14"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

"Was running when parked TWENTY FUCKIN YEARS AGO."

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

88h88 posted:

Reminds me of the ship from the 80s cartoon Ulysses 31 (which nobody ever remembers despite it being dope as hell)

I remember watching it as a kid in the 80s

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

It's sad that we've seen that one before.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
loving pinion seal is leaking on the Nova. Guess I need to take that poo poo apart AGAIN.

GOD DAMMIT :argh:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blew the rear hard-line on the brakes on the F150 this morning going to work. Made it there and back, and crawled under it when I got home. I don't know how the gently caress I'm supposed to replace these, holy loving rust. :(

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for electronic pulse massagers?

My friend's wife is a physical therapist, I'll see if she has any suggestions. To clarify you're talking about a TENS unit and not a deep tissue massager like a Hitachi magic wand, right?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
fuckkkkkkkk

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2015/04/sam-weber-art-illustrated-edition-of-dune

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Have been trying to get the wife on board with the diet and light exercise program I've been on and dropped 32 lbs on in since Ash Wednesday. I gave up sugar for Lent, which was fairly easy except for my coffee (I like a bit in it to knock the bitter off). Anyway, combining going sugarless along with knocking out bread/refined flower, and doing some sort of cardio for a min of 30 minutes a day has yielded good results, no doubt working on the house helped.

She is in the kitchen eating cottage cheese from the container :barf: She's put on a good bit of weight over the last year and I absolutely hate it.

I don't think she cares anymore, and that is just sad. If I say anything, I may as we'll be ready for a 12 round fight

I am to the point that I am going to just bite the bullet, be direct and tell her to lose some goddamn weight while being completely obvious I'm ogling other in shape women. I don't expect her to have the body she had 15 years ago, but drat, have some pride

This will surely go over well

Tide fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 9, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:stare: Yesssssssss

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What's wrong with cottage cheese? Isn't it a pretty good source of protein?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mariooncrack posted:

What's wrong with cottage cheese? Isn't it a pretty good source of protein?

It's actually pretty healthy, it's just the image that rubbed me wrong

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I really hope that you change your mind about telling your wife about telling your wife to lose weight. You can support and try to motivate her all you want but unless she wants to do it herself, nothing is going to change.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mariooncrack posted:

I really hope that you change your mind about telling your wife about telling your wife to lose weight. You can support and try to motivate her all you want but unless she wants to do it herself, nothing is going to change.

I know. And I know taking the nuclear option isn't the way to go. What frustrates me is that she doesn't seem to care. I suppose I would be sympathetic if she showed some resemblance of being concerned about it.

Just venting.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Rhyno posted:

"Was running when parked TWENTY FUCKIN YEARS AGO."
:gonk: Oh. He's not kidding.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Tide posted:

I know. And I know taking the nuclear option isn't the way to go. What frustrates me is that she doesn't seem to care. I suppose I would be sympathetic if she showed some resemblance of being concerned about it.

Just venting.

Paint it as concern. Tell her that you want her to live healthier. Do you have kids? Tell her that you want her to live longer for them. Do you know of any diseases that run in her family, like heart or kidney disease of diabetes? Educate her on how to reduce the risks. Invite her along when you go to the gym. Invite her to do physical activities, like hiking or biking.

A risky one is to fawn over some old photos of you two, and say, "We looked so good back then." It's important that all of this is about WE and US, not YOU. It's about the two of you together. It's not just her problem.

It's not going to be pretty any way you put it, but I hope it works out for you.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

goatse guy posted:

Paint it as concern. Tell her that you want her to live healthier. Do you have kids? Tell her that you want her to live longer for them. Do you know of any diseases that run in her family, like heart or kidney disease of diabetes? Educate her on how to reduce the risks. Invite her along when you go to the gym. Invite her to do physical activities, like hiking or biking.

A risky one is to fawn over some old photos of you two, and say, "We looked so good back then." It's important that all of this is about WE and US, not YOU. It's about the two of you together. It's not just her problem.

It's not going to be pretty any way you put it, but I hope it works out for you.

Good advice that has all been tried and thus far not worked over the last few years. I've especially laid it on thick about being around a long time for our kid (and grandkids). I've tried that and bribery (trip back to Europe, new wardrobe, etc). Nothing works

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 9, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

Good advice that has all been tried and thus far not worked over the last few years. I've especially laid it on thick about being around a long time for our kid (and grandkids). I've tried that and bribery (trip back to Europe, new wardrobe, etc). Nothing works

Is this like a five or ten pound gain, or like gained 100lbs+?

Maybe she's happy with it, or just feels judged and like you don't support her. Not a judgement, just a thought.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Tide posted:

Just venting.

If it makes you feel any better tonight I got home from work to find the back door open. It was a nice day so my first thought went to "hey the wife, kids and dogs are spending time outside on the porch since I've been busting my rear end to clean it all up with the pressure washer and the patio furniture is out now, let's chill out!"

Nope.

They were outside and evidently the chill idea above had been the plan, but my 4 year old son had decided to take a poo poo outside instead of inside in the toilet (as he's known how to do for well over a year now). My wife is trying to clean him up and my loving DOGS ARE EATING MY SONS FRESH poo poo :barf:

So yes, I'm having a beer with dinner tonight and I may have another when I'm done with that.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

No joke I will donate towards this becoming 14's white whale.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

iwentdoodie posted:

Is this like a five or ten pound gain, or like gained 100lbs+?

Maybe she's happy with it, or just feels judged and like you don't support her. Not a judgement, just a thought.

Probably about 50-60 lbs :(

Mat_Drinks posted:

If it makes you feel any better tonight I got home from work to find the back door open. It was a nice day so my first thought went to "hey the wife, kids and dogs are spending time outside on the porch since I've been busting my rear end to clean it all up with the pressure washer and the patio furniture is out now, let's chill out!"

Nope.

They were outside and evidently the chill idea above had been the plan, but my 4 year old son had decided to take a poo poo outside instead of inside in the toilet (as he's known how to do for well over a year now). My wife is trying to clean him up and my loving DOGS ARE EATING MY SONS FRESH poo poo :barf:

So yes, I'm having a beer with dinner tonight and I may have another when I'm done with that.

Ahahaha oh man this made me laugh more than it should

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

kastein posted:

No joke I will donate towards this becoming 14's white whale.

If someone loved it enough to put an aftermarket intercooler into it it must be something really special. Really, really special. :unsmigghh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mat_Drinks posted:

Nope.

This is the best story.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Tide posted:

Bribery? Oh boy. Y'all got some serious communication issues. Please try couples counseling before you try ogling other in-shape women.

Maybe the counseling would help your wife as well. Obesity in women often comes hand-in-hand with a lot of other issues, such as insecurity, binge eating, emotional eating, and a host of other weird poo poo. My sister, my mom, and I have all lost significant amounts of weight, and tackling obesity was more than just tackling how we ate but also why we did it (spoiler alert: it's daddy issues). My sister and I both did the keto diet, which is neat because you can still eat a lot of tasty things. It's a hell of a lot more fun than obsessive calorie-counting.

There's just over two weeks until I leave for California. I'm loving stoked as hell to drive the Viper.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I need a set of axles from an automatic, RWD (not xi) E46 330i/ci, WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO loving FIND?!

The wreckers I call that have them listed keep coming back and going "lolol sorry looks like they're damaged"

BAH!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Tide posted:

Ahahaha oh man this made me laugh more than it should

Rhyno posted:

This is the best story.

I'm glad someone can enjoy it (besides the dogs that is).

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

10 days to go to submit your entries for the Sheep Game, ladies and gentlemen; they've been a bit on the slow side this time around - understandable considering the holiday weekend, but at the same time I'll be damned if we, the irl cool dudes forum, let the loving Sportsball enthusiasts thoroughly beat us in terms of participation - they get 80-100 players in their Sheep Games, sometimes more!

Come play today! Or tomorrow! Or whenever before April 18th!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today I discovered that Rascal does not like being on a leash one bit. on one hand he hasn't had any poop accidents and only one wee accident on the carpet (of course) but on the other I'm getting the vibe that all that husky in him is going to make him far harder to train than the border collie i had in australia and my parent's/in-laws cavachons

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Can you guys find an outdoor hobby like hiking? Just getting outside a few times a week goes a long way. I get all antsy if I spend more than a day or two without getting in some physical activity.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, just had my last glass of water and snack before my fasting has to start for surgery. Just a simple knee surgery but I'm honestly loving nervous, mostly about the goddamn tube going down my throat.

Oh well, too late now. 1030 show and 1230 under the knife tomorrow :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Could this made to be better with...oh I don't know... A super charged 3800?

I mean part of the charm of a bi turbo is a lawn ornament.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So stepdad is the kind of person who never locks any doors, and doesn't believe in alarms either. Mom is the complete polar opposite, alarm always has to be on, won't answer the door if someone rings the doorbell unless she has a gun in her hand, locks every door (including interior doors), leaves every light on 24/7 (which is why I've replaced everything she tends to leave on with LEDs). It's a good neighborhood, but burglaries do happen - usually because someone left something valuable out or because of doors being left unlocked, or the always-favorite "garage left open while someone's mowing the yard", aka crimes of opportunity (I've personally had a couple of bikes stolen since I moved back here).

Apparently stepdad got home from work, didn't lock the door, and went to bed. Mom called me freaking out - she walked out of her office when she heard the front door slam, and found a total stranger walking through the living room. :stonk: They hauled rear end out of the house when she screamed, at least. But goddamnit, lock the goddamned door behind you.

Geirskogul posted:

The last one I watched was Tokyo Drift so my opinion may not be "valid" or whatever. Even though I was in the theater by myself (1300 on a wednesday at ft bliss - there was nobody)

WHY HAVE YOU NOT GONE TO CHICOS TAOCS YET?! I mean, I know it's a love it or hate it, but if you hate it, you're not far from some of the best Mexican food in the country. L&J Cafe is loving awesome, by far the best Mexican food I've had in a restaurant, and right next to Concordia Cemetery (so lots of history if you're into that). If you have to stick close to base, Kiki's has been on Food Network multiple times - it's almost as good, but the atmosphere is full of newspaper articles and poo poo about how awesome they are, which kinda gets annoying.

Sorry. I'm literally drooling just thinking about all 3 places. I pretty much grew up in Chico's (mainly the one on McRae, though that one is long closed), and I spent a lot of time at L&J as well. All 3 of them are regular stops for me every time I go back to visit my dad (who was also stationed at Ft Bliss).

T-Square posted:

Blew the rear hard-line on the brakes on the F150 this morning going to work. Made it there and back, and crawled under it when I got home. I don't know how the gently caress I'm supposed to replace these, holy loving rust. :(

Abandon the old ones and run new ones alongside. At least, that's what I did when I had a hard line pop on my F-150.

Tusen Takk posted:

Today I discovered that Rascal does not like being on a leash one bit. on one hand he hasn't had any poop accidents and only one wee accident on the carpet (of course) but on the other I'm getting the vibe that all that husky in him is going to make him far harder to train than the border collie i had in australia and my parent's/in-laws cavachons

It'll take a lot of training to get him to behave on a leash. It's that way with any dog, but in particular with an active breed like a Husky mix. Just be glad you got him when he was young - it'll be a hell of a lot easier to break any bad habits.

A good friend of mine has a pure Husky that's perfectly behaved both on and off leash (won't leave her side even off leash, but don't you dare get close to her if he doesn't know you. She always takes him camping, hiking, climbing, etc). It can be done, it just takes a little more work with such an active breed. Also, what jamal said - he's going to need a LOT of exercise to keep him from getting bored/destructive. Frequent walks and regular hiking/biking/etc will go a long way for both his sanity and yours.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 9, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah, we luckily live by a bunch of trails and I'm planning on taking him on loads of little excursions plus my in law's and parent's back yards are pretty big so he'll have loads of room to run around when I take him over there.

When he's bigger I have a feeling he will absolutely LOVE pulling me around campus on my longboard :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I see a lot of skinned knees in your future if/when you try that. :v: I don't think you realize just how strong Huskys are.

Work chat for a second. Got a $26 tip on a $14 order today. :stare: I texted a coworker about it, she laughed and sent "you met (we'll say Bob), didn't you?". Coworkers tell me the guy won the lottery a couple of years ago. He's very well known in the store, known to tip at least 100% (usually more), and also known to pull into a gas station in a Corvette, buy $100 worth of scratch off tickets, and hand them out to everyone in the parking lot. :stonklol:

He also has a loving awesome Boxer. He opened the door and said "watch out he bites!" as his dog ran up to me wagging his tail; I just laughed, knelt down, and started scratching a dog that appeared to be very, very content. I seriously wanted to take that dog home with me. :allears:

The next time I see his address pop up, it'll be a knock down drag out to see who gets to take that order.

• Locked thread