Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Alain Post posted:

TML had better level design than the base game which was nice. Unfortunately the same studio released Thief in the meantime which was not nice.

it was pretty funny how they gave you a way to get the 'factory zero' and 'all of the above' achievements in the same playthrough

since you cant get jump augs or fire your gun to destroy the bomb it involved making an elaborate tower of small boxes up to the crawlspace, then throwing one of them at the bomb to disarm it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
record keeper seems pretty good, with the caveat of "for a phone game"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i never started any of the FF phone games because i worry I would be tempted to play them at work

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Record Keeper is my current smartphone timewaster thing and it seems like a solid skeleton they could hang a good game on like, a year and a half from now when there's more substantive content and more characters and more ways to get/do stuff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wonder if i got any reports for the record keeper thing

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Adam Bowen posted:

I wonder what the rate of Autism is in Japan. Where's famous Japan expert Tainted Reaper when you need him?

I recall that mental illness is huge taboo in Japan and they pretty much so they don't acknowledge it for the most part. Its part of why Japan has one the highest suicide rates. I doubt many people get diagnosed with autism there because a family's approach to mental illness is usually to try and ignore it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lmao japan again someone send help

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Japan is a mystical land, shrouded in a fog of mystery and populated entirely by humanoid creatures known as animes and otakus. Only 1 in 10000 of these creatures reach adulthood before committing ritual suicide for achieving below-perfect scores on their math exams, which they are very good at.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

While it may seem a cruel and unforgiving place to outsiders, Japan is one of the few lands to never have been ravaged by the horrific human disease known as "feminism" and females of the anime species are world-renowned for the quiet respect and support they show to their male otaku mates.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
neckbeard nature shows itt and i'm lovin it

tell me more about the otaku natural habitat and the proper role of waifus

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The inability of feminism to spread in Japan may be attributed to the speech patterns of female animes, which consist entirely of breathlessly sighing "senpai..." followed by a deep blush of the cheeks and possible fainting spell

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
the standards are different there, and they have a much different perception of "beauty".

truthfully the "diehard" otaku make up such a tiny portion of the overall population, it's sort of a miracle they can sustain such a massive industry.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't know how but my copies of breath of Fire 3 and 4 have vanished from the physical realm and I have no idea what happened to them.

like I have not even played them recently or anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't find my copy of Luigi Sleeps a Lot RPG.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I can't find my copy of Luigi Sleeps a Lot RPG.
I hear your mom likes Italian men, maybe she can tell you where Luigi sleeps.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mama mia, that's a spicy meat-a-ball.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

A Spider Covets posted:

lmao japan again someone send help

did u know that in FRANCE people don't know what cold cereal is...?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
what do they call a big mac?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I need a game to play, April Games Chat Thread

Tell me which of the following mostly unrelated games I should play next:

龍が如く0 (Yakuza Zero) for ps4
Dragon Quest Heroes for ps4
Legend of Legacy for 3ds
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines for vita
Pillars of Eternity on steam

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

DQ heroes

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I have found my copies of breath of fire, wife put them back on the dreamcast floor rack after internet show people dropped them off since they were done filming.

She thought all black border single disc jewelcases looked the same(that also thought sony only put their games in fat multi disc cases and never used single disc jewel cases)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Pillars of Eternity.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

TTR: where the gently caress are my breath of fire games???

wife: taint reaped again

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

Legend of Legacy for 3ds

Assuming yakuza zero is part of the yakuza series. Play that. It will easily be the most exciting of those games. And probably the best writing.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have found my copies of breath of fire, wife put them back on the dreamcast floor rack after internet show people dropped them off since they were done filming.

She thought all black border single disc jewelcases looked the same(that also thought sony only put their games in fat multi disc cases and never used single disc jewel cases)

what a totally unremarkable story

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mario & Luigi: Cream Team

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

what a totally unremarkable story

Actually the stories to both breath of Fire 3 and 4 are actually very good by RPG standards and it's criminal that Capcom decided to make the sequel after Dragon Quarter a pay to win RPG for tablets.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I wish I had a lil' metroid next to my name too.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Excels posted:

the standards are different there, and they have a much different perception of "beauty".

truthfully the "diehard" otaku make up such a tiny portion of the overall population, it's sort of a miracle they can sustain such a massive industry.

no it isn't. Japan just realized that you can specialize and cater to a niche and draw a more reliable/stable profit then aiming for everyone.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

where do the otaku get the money to buy so much expensive anime poo poo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

where do the otaku get the money to buy so much expensive anime poo poo.

Their parents made a mint and support them. Majority of the real deal serious Otaku are honestly people who have more money in their families than most people will ever see. Yeah they dress and look like garbage and I have seem some real fuglies in their late 30's to early 40's get picked up by their Dad driving a lambro or some nitche luxury sports car.

The Japanese economy has gone to poo poo because when America sneezes, Japan gets a cold(but what would happen if America farts?)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

What does your dad pick you up in?

I never knew my real dad you heartless jerk

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

zen death robot posted:

What does your dad pick you up in?

cheap bars lmao

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The truth is that some japanese idolize America the way weebs idolize them. It's why Disney is a big deal over there and why Tetsuya Nomura can only get hard anymore when he hears Goofy's voice

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTKFLxVQooU

consider this album for gaming

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

zen death robot posted:

I'd like to congratulate Adam Bowen, his Imp Zone thread really has taken off just like he had hoped for.

I'm just glad I finally managed to become part of the crew

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bloodychill posted:

Tetsuya Nomura can only get hard anymore when he hears Goofy's voice

unironically same

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

Legend of Legacy for 3ds

you got a steam machine :eyepop:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

neat they released more music. i think i ruined the first album by over listening and wasn't impressed with the second.

hoping this one is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

thank u hodlum

• Locked thread