Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Viper_3000 posted:

$500 on the Reem -155

$200 on Jędrzejczyk +135

$50 on dos Anjos +455 (I know that I'm throwing money away here, but I hope to get more than 14 seconds out if it like when I did this betting against Ronda.)

I can't pull the trigger on Brown, and they're no value there judging by how much better shape Hendricks is in.

good work dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

origami posted:

good things can happen

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

good work dude

Thanks. Really had no expectations on the RDA fight other than a hunch he was undervalued with that line. That was a nice surprise though. Hell of a fight too.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
drat I missed what looked like a good card to bet. Nice hit Viper.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
There's really not a lot of situations where I would bet on Matt Brown. If someone is capable and willing to stifle him either on the feet or on the ground, and aren't prone to giving that up and swinging, he's very much capable of losing. Love him and his fights but he will never get by people on his level who aren't afraid to eat a bad fight.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There's really not a lot of situations where I would bet on Matt Brown. If someone is capable and willing to stifle him either on the feet or on the ground, and aren't prone to giving that up and swinging, he's very much capable of losing. Love him and his fights but he will never get by people on his level who aren't afraid to eat a bad fight.

The Mike Swick-Erick Silva era of Matt Brown beatings were probably the best time to bet on him. Not sure if he'll ever get more favorable matchups of that nature again (or decent underdog odds) since he's cracked the top 5 of the WW division.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

canoshiz posted:

The Mike Swick-Erick Silva era of Matt Brown beatings were probably the best time to bet on him. Not sure if he'll ever get more favorable matchups of that nature again (or decent underdog odds) since he's cracked the top 5 of the WW division.

I'm still optimistic that we will get Brown vs Condit someday

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Gonzaga is around -170 on most betting sites. That seems like a pretty good line considering that Cro Cop is completely, utterly shot and should have stopped fighting a long time ago.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

MrSmokes posted:

Gonzaga is around -170 on most betting sites. That seems like a pretty good line considering that Cro Cop is completely, utterly shot and should have stopped fighting a long time ago.

cro cop has two straight finishes in MMA, eight straight victories in kickboxing (the remy fight was a travesty) and is the last K-1 grand prix winner. whereas gonzaga just lost to a closeted fatty. you make call chief, it's your money.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Foul Fowl posted:

cro cop has two straight finishes in MMA, eight straight victories in kickboxing (the remy fight was a travesty) and is the last K-1 grand prix winner. whereas gonzaga just lost to a closeted fatty. you make call chief, it's your money.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like the zoom out with the guy praising jesus coming into frame

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean, I want to believe and all as well, but isn't a repeat of that pretty much the best outcome for Crocop?

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I feel like the best bets here involve the fight ending in round 1.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean, I want to believe and all as well, but isn't a repeat of that pretty much the best outcome for Crocop?

Gonzaga is a lot worse than he was in that fight whereas Crocop isnt much worse than he was in that fight. But yes Gonzaga should be a favorite and i dont see a lot of value on either guy if the lines have Gonzaga as -175 or whatever it is

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Gonzaga is good at every aspect of fighting but still not very good at fighting, which I largely ascribe to brain problems

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He does put one in mind of Sling Blade.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Betting on heavyweight fights is stupid and betting on this heavyweight fight is really stupid.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Marching Powder posted:

Betting on heavyweight fights is stupid and betting on this heavyweight fight is really stupid.

if your line of thinking is 'lol heavyweights anything can happen', then the smart thing to do would be to bet on the underdog

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Me: Lets flip a coin and if its heads you win $200, if its tails you owe me $100

Smart guy who sees through the BS: no way... coin flips are way too unpredictable. it would be retarded to bet on something random

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

Me: Lets flip a coin and if its heads you win $200, if its tails you owe me $100

Smart guy who sees through the BS: no way... coin flips are way too unpredictable. it would be retarded to bet on something random

hahaha

i think in a lot of ways crocop is actually a better fighter than he was last time in the sense that he's not taken aback by the idea of getting hurt from the infallible crocop guard, but he's also worse in that he's glacially slow, his hip mobility is much worse, and he does nothing but clinch constantly now. it's interesting in a profoundly sad and sure to be disappointing way.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

manyak posted:

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

manyak posted:

That example has an ev of $50 in my favor. That's actually not a terrible wager.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

That example has an ev of $50 in my favor. That's actually not a terrible wager.

:thejoke:

There are equal odds of either outcome occuring, but one pays twice as much as the other.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Mr. Nice! posted:

nice

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
cro cops chance of winning is really low

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

ahahaha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amazing

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yup.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
make that three straight finishes. :getin:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

:rip:

(not me)

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Wow. I'd be pissed.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Mr. Nice! posted:

you really got to the bottom of that post. kudo's

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Came into PSP to read the reactions in the GDT, and saw this thread. Holy crap I hope no one lost too much.

Also it turns out the last time I checked this thread was on page 2, and it cracked me up reading all the warnings of betting on Jones against Shogun.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

el B posted:

Came into PSP to read the reactions in the GDT, and saw this thread. Holy crap I hope no one lost too much.

Also it turns out the last time I checked this thread was on page 2, and it cracked me up reading all the warnings of betting on Jones against Shogun.

This thread is a constant source of entertainment, you should have it bookmarked.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

$20 on Felice +115

She's had an easy weight cut and is in better shape than I've ever seen her in. Paige looks scared, and is inexperienced. She's also a Chicago girl, so I irrationally bet on her. Watch me throw money away!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm really surprised to see Mizugaki at +300 to +325 on some sites. I could see him as a slight underdog but that seems like a value bet.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MassRafTer posted:

I'm really surprised to see Mizugaki at +300 to +325 on some sites. I could see him as a slight underdog but that seems like a value bet.

it's a really fun betting card with plenty of value. i've got mizugaki and miller to triumph over the young upstarts in a parlay to win near on 10x my bet and felice, cub, jacare and machida in a parlay for similar odds.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Added Miller +120 for $10. No real reason other than gut feeling and my inner degen wants to throw more money around so that I have something to do tonight besides watch the Rays game that I also bet on. Fights are way more entertaining to bet on.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

Viper_3000 posted:

Added Miller +120 for $10. No real reason other than gut feeling and my inner degen wants to throw more money around so that I have something to do tonight besides watch the Rays game that I also bet on. Fights are way more entertaining to bet on.

I took Miller by sub. +500 is pretty good value considering how quickly he slaps subs on when he hurts someone.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Pre-emptive RIP to the above 3 posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Herring came in with too much muscle and not enough cardio/conditioning. Which was my main concern after watching the weigh ins having placed my bets. She nearly had Van Zandt in the 1st though. Her ground game before she gassed was on point though.

I was at dinner when Miller was fighting. How bad did I lose that one?