Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Someone send her to Urban Dictionary to do some research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZe777oON8w

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

PittTheElder posted:

Well according to the most reputable of sources, The Daily Mail, he was fine. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ater-Spain.html

The key to it would be that very little of that water will actually land on you, because the system is designed to disperse the water.

Glad he's ok but he's still incredibly stupid.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Etoniichuan posted:

This is my favorite Loss edit so far.

of the use of his lower body, sure

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

VendaGoat posted:

of the use of his lower body, sure

The way that neck crunches down, I wouldn't rule out the upper half as well. :ohdear:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Wrong thread, ignore me.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Ragequit posted:

Nope, a buddy had a pilot with a firefighting plane drop thousands of gallons of water on him. Can't remember if it killed him or put him in a coma.

Relevant.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
"An old man wearing a full New York Knicks sweatsuit was terrorizing straphangers on the subway with a gigantic dildo last weekend."

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It's like an asian robert durst.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
That's the part of life where you can well and truly stop caring about things.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Dick Trauma posted:

Someone send her to Urban Dictionary to do some research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZe777oON8w

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Reggie's hand gesture makes it all the better.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Reggie's hand gesture makes it all the better.

It's a hate jerk.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Archie comics, well known for their dirty, dirty humor.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That woman looks like this doesn't even crack the top 100 weirdest things she's seen in the subway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

That woman looks like this doesn't even crack the top 100 weirdest things she's seen in the subway.

Well it is the New York subway. That probably barely par for an average trip.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One of those new US Maya Angleou stamps.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Reminds me of the Brooklyn 9-9 episode with the USPS agent.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I like how Archie is ankle deep and everyone else is up to their waists despite being parallel to the shore.

He's either Jesus, or Rob Liefeld drew this.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I like how Archie is ankle deep and everyone else is up to their waists despite being parallel to the shore.

He's either Jesus, or Rob Liefeld drew this.

They're sitting down, having been handily beaten off.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Or the land doesn't go down at the same rate everywhere.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
can't have been liefeld, there's feet in the picture

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well it is the New York subway. That probably barely par for an average trip.

That and our prodigious ability to not give a gently caress about anything that's happening further than a foot away.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

hooah posted:

What? Lakes and rivers have awkward bottoms?!

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Penguins are adorable.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

hooah posted:

Just like Betty.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Len posted:

What? Lakes and rivers have awkward bottoms?!
In my experience they are pretty settled in their perspective.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

It's been 5+ years since the last time I checked YTMND.com and I still can only hear What You Waiting For playing in my head watching that gif.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Florida Betty posted:

Penguins are adorable.

NOOT!

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

She really looks like she did not give one single gently caress:

I think most of us are just so used to seeing bizarre poo poo happen on the subway that unless someone's waving a gun or a knife around (or masturbating) we just aren't even going to notice it. There was one night I was going home from work and a dude got on wearing jorts, a chain mail shirt (with nothing underneath) and a long sword strapped to his waist. Just stood there from 42nd street all the way to Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn, with everyone on the car either quietly laughing or looking at him like :stare:. poo poo like that really is great, if only for that moment when you look at the person next to or across from you and instead of the usual 'avoid eye contact at all costs!' you actually share a smile or a laugh with that perfect stranger over whatever insane poo poo is happening a couple of feet away from you both.

I love riding the subway.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

The Mentalizer posted:

Subway Funway

Literally one of the things I miss the most since moving to the suburbs.

There's always some sort of "entertainment" on the subways. Acrobatics, music, awkward folks, angry folks, etc. On my daughters 3rd birthday, we were riding the A to Union from Mercer and there was a full blown Mariachi band playing in our car.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
And all the wonderful aromatics you get to inhale!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Only notable person I ever saw on the NYC subway was a dude rapping about Jesus. With no repetition for like eight stops so at least kind of impressive if he was improvising, but still, kind of disappointing.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Stringbean posted:

There's always some sort of "entertainment" on the subways. Acrobatics, music, awkward folks, angry folks, etc. On my daughters 3rd birthday, we were riding the A to Union from Mercer and there was a full blown Mariachi band playing in our car.

I haven't seen one of those for a while now, but they were a pretty regular thing on a bunch of different lines for a few years. As annoying as it was to have a full blown Mariachi band blasting away in a cramped subway car, if I was having a poo poo day it almost always lifted my mood a little bit. They're just so goddamn cheerful that you can't help but smile. At least until they give you a headache, anyway.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Stringbean posted:

The mariachi band that I've seen multiple times on the R is fantastic. On the other side of that spectrum the lady screaming in people's faces about Jesus is the worst.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TontoCorazon posted:

The mariachi band that I've seen multiple times on the R is fantastic. On the other side of that spectrum the lady screaming in people's faces about Jesus is the worst.

don't kinkshame please.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Mentalizer posted:

I haven't seen one of those for a while now, but they were a pretty regular thing on a bunch of different lines for a few years. As annoying as it was to have a full blown Mariachi band blasting away in a cramped subway car, if I was having a poo poo day it almost always lifted my mood a little bit. They're just so goddamn cheerful that you can't help but smile. At least until they give you a headache, anyway.

One thing I saw when I was in England a bajillion years ago was both one of the most surreal and most majestic things I ever saw. The Underground was treated to a wandering mariachi band that was all Indian dudes. Not Native Americans mind but dudes from India that didn't look even the least bit Mexican. They were actually probably one of the best mariachi bands I've ever heard but instead of sounding Mexican they kept their Indian accents when they sang.

I smiled. It was incredible.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There are a ton of train musicians in Berlin. They do it for cash, which isn't allowed but apparently it's worth trying to get away with it, and they're also usually not very good or obviously just playing a simple tune over a backing track tape. I liked the people playing music in the subway stations in New York. They usually had some chops. Plus if they do annoy you you can go somewhere else!

Wanna see the Jesus lady meet the Jesus rap dude.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

NYC subway buskers are the best in the business.

I stopped a few days ago to watch a breakdancing troupe that looked like loving Greek gods, backflipping into one-point push-ups and poo poo. It was unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I remember going to Paris and having a pair of guys bust out some 1990s-style boombox and start playing music for everyone in the subway.

Then some dude got his briefcase caught in the train doors for an entire stop, all while the funkiest possible music played and he struggled on the straps that made it inside the train. :allears:

• Locked thread