Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I think Shadow of Yarnham may have gotten screwed up for me because of that glitch, I never saw the big snakes come out or anything, and the last guy would just dodge away every time hit him so I could follow up and strike him, like stuck in a pattern.
In other news I beat the last boss, and the secret last boss in one go yesterday, it was pretty cool. I'm trying the harder chalice dungeons now, and jesus, Abhorrent beast is a loving rear end in a top hat. It takes forever to bring him down cause you can only land one or 2 hits a time safely, and when you try to heal he does that charging swipe on command. It's like a war of attrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Psycobladder posted:

I think Shadow of Yarnham may have gotten screwed up for me because of that glitch, I never saw the big snakes come out or anything, and the last guy would just dodge away every time hit him so I could follow up and strike him, like stuck in a pattern.

No... their AI is just really dumb when it comes to dodging the whip keeps them in this pattern pretty much indefinitely. only had phase 3 spawn giant snakes once or twice with this method even at metsis they're really bad 1v1 and are pretty much only encountered in groups

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah i think that fight got messed up by the bug for me too cause i did it the first time

one dude only ever used his fireball, switching to the big fireball, and then dying like instantly in a melee fight and the other guy only ever dodged after his friends died.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Shadow fight was hilarious with the TONITRUS because as they started transforming it started doing RIDICULOUS damage. Last guy was a chump that took like 1400 damage by the time he died and his damage meter stopped building.

Dec 26, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Shadow fight was hilarious with the TONITRUS because as they started transforming it started doing RIDICULOUS damage. Last guy was a chump that took like 1400 damage by the time he died and his damage meter stopped building.

tonitrus aint nothin to gently caress with. i didnt realize this at first but now i do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The rom fight is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat some poo poo is going down now.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i went explorer in scholar of the first sin and it's like i picked deprived but i start with items.

i needed 7 levels to use the fire longsword and lol my weapons degrade twice as fast thanks 60 fps

Dec 26, 2012

well at least youve got adaptability, i guess

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Got the plat. Game is great.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

stoutfish posted:

i went explorer in scholar of the first sin and it's like i picked deprived but i start with items.

i needed 7 levels to use the fire longsword and lol my weapons degrade twice as fast thanks 60 fps

Did not get the plat for this game, because the ancient dragon is the stupidest fight ever concieved.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nanomashoes posted:

Did not get the plat for this game, because the ancient dragon is the stupidest fight ever concieved.

completely agree

hated it so much didnt even bother trying all the cheese strategies I heard about for it

Dec 26, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

completely agree

hated it so much didnt even bother trying all the cheese strategies I heard about for it

i did the no backstab damage ring strat to beat it once, and im never doing it again

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The rom fight is cool

i thought so too, until i encountered his cool move, 'flail around for epic damage.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

which probably wouldnt be ap roblem if the weapon i was using was giant hammer or something that didnt rely on lots of 'tiny hits' to make battle not take five hours.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The watchdog in the cursed dungeon is such loving bullshit.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Nanomashoes posted:

the ancient dragon is not necessary for plat.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it does not give you an achievement, and only drops a Giant Soul and dragon bones edit: trophy

THE PENETRATOR fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 9, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
anyway i need to loving kill shadows of yharnam but they have like 20k health each in ng+ and by the time i do 5 visceral attacks on 1 guy to drop his health bar to half they all transform and get faster and do more dmg

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

anyway i need to loving kill shadows of yharnam but they have like 20k health each in ng+ and by the time i do 5 visceral attacks on 1 guy to drop his health bar to half they all transform and get faster and do more dmg

is this before or after stacking clawmarks?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

There is no shame in summoning for NG+ bosses, indeed i think some of them are balanced towards it

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

fuuuuuuuck i am not looking forward to that.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

SleepySonata posted:

is this before or after stacking clawmarks?

i just use the visceral attack heal + both bullet runes but if i dared to add clawmarks to my arsenal ... well... it would take fewer hits but when they transform im still hosed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

There is no shame in summoning for NG+ bosses, indeed i think some of them are balanced towards it

nobody bites my bell lol

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
how much are you visceral attacking them for?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
2000 dmg

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my saw spear... is epic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

numbers didnt go that high in dark souls..... my desire to play this game has juts increased exponentialy, farther than i ever thought possible. high numbers make my poo poo stiff, you see

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

rediscover posted:

numbers didnt go that high in dark souls..... my desire to play this game has juts increased exponentialy, farther than i ever thought possible. high numbers make my poo poo stiff, you see

Remember how in Final Fantasy 1 you ended with 500 hp, and in final fantasy 2 (4 in japan) you ended with 5000?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Nanomashoes posted:

Remember how in Final Fantasy 1 you ended with 500 hp, and in final fantasy 2 (4 in japan) you ended with 5000?

how could i forget.?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
wow, ng+ shadows weren't that bad, actually. tedious as gently caress though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

You don't need to kill ancient dragon for plat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the ancient dragon is not necessary for plat.

Thank you

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

that is an idiotic amount of HP

Though I wonder if you'd do more DPS without doing visceral attacks. Like, if you just kept swinging your weapon for the amount of time a parry/visceral attack would take would it go faster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

that is an idiotic amount of HP

Though I wonder if you'd do more DPS without doing visceral attacks. Like, if you just kept swinging your weapon for the amount of time a parry/visceral attack would take would it go faster

the invincibility during viscerals is probably worth the DPS hit

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
martyr logarius is a loving human being and i want him to die gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
so far he's killed me more times than every other boss in the game combined (~10 or so) and i haven't even gotten him under half

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It will click. I had the same thing until I finally triumphed in a string of perfect parrying

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It will click. I had the same thing until I finally triumphed in a string of perfect parrying

the ranged form is raping me. it feels like there are so many moves he can do when i'm in the middle range where there's no room at all to dodge.

i've just figured out on the last few tries the proper thing to do is be forever circling him rather than trying to time an attack like with other bosses and then to parry when he goes for a melee attack, so i've earnt the right to be destroyed by his second form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neurosis posted:

the ranged form is raping me. it feels like there are so many moves he can do when i'm in the middle range where there's no room at all to dodge.

i've just figured out on the last few tries the proper thing to do is be forever circling him rather than trying to time an attack like with other bosses and then to parry when he goes for a melee attack, so i've earnt the right to be destroyed by his second form

if you're far enough away in the second form he will do a flying Attack that is easier to parry and feels badass when you shoot a guy out of the air to strike your sword through his gut