Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Wengy posted:

This is literally the team I support lmao

I'm gonna start supporting FC Breitenrain after seeing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

the spin on that ball is insane

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

From the Serie A thread:

lmao

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Fully sick hit from central America

http://screamer.deadspin.com/dario-benedetto-beats-keeper-with-beautiful-curler-from-1696662175/+kevindraper

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

greazeball posted:

I'm gonna start supporting FC Breitenrain after seeing this

Yeah, at least their clown antics usually aren't broadcast and hence won't end up in TRP

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/womens/u19s/2015/apr/statement-norway-090415

Referee in the match awards a late penalty to England. Player steps up, scores but the ref calls it back because England players were in the box early. Instead of a rekick, she awards a free kick to Norway. Match will be restarted from the time of the penalty and start with a retake.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ayb posted:

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/womens/u19s/2015/apr/statement-norway-090415

Referee in the match awards a late penalty to England. Player steps up, scores but the ref calls it back because England players were in the box early. Instead of a rekick, she awards a free kick to Norway. Match will be restarted from the time of the penalty and start with a retake.

Referee has been sent home in disgrace. First time UEFA have ever made a decision like this.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
If it was a penalty in the first minute, or any minute other than 96' then they wouldn't.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Ravel posted:

If it was a penalty in the first minute, or any minute other than 96' then they wouldn't.

I'm not sure about that. This isn't a bad judgement call by the ref, it's a complete misinterpretation of the laws.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah, this is not a referee not seeing something or interpreting their view of an incident a certain way. This is a ref actually not knowing the laws of the game, and it directly affects the final result. I mean, sure, there's a substantial difference in making them replay 15 seconds of a match and making them replay an entire half, but that is such a colossal ref fuckup that there's not really much precedent to go on.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It's like the ref awarding a penalty instead of a throw in when someone has just passed the ball out of play. It was a colossal gently caress up and the match is being restarted from that moment because of how bad it was.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
The FA didn't do anything when a beachball was awarded a goal in the league

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Messi and Ronaldo are better players I guess, but Zlatan's goals and skills are more fun to watch.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ravel posted:

That situation is clearly accounted for in the laws of the game though, and the ref was right to award it. This situation is also clearly accounted for, and the referee did entirely the wrong thing.

Can't trust German pilots, can't trust German refs, what is the world coming to?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eau de MacGowan posted:

That situation is clearly accounted for in the laws of the game though, and the ref was right to award it. This situation is also clearly accounted for, and the referee did entirely the wrong thing.

Can't trust German pilots, can't trust German refs, what is the world coming to?

But was it clearly accounted for, hmm?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ravel posted:

Even as a Liverpool fan I still don't care because it was hilarious

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I thought there was a YATR where it's explained that the correct decision was a drop ball.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

serious gaylord posted:

It's like the ref awarding a penalty instead of a throw in when someone has just passed the ball out of play.

Wouldn't go that far like. You can give freekicks to the defending team during penalties. She just cocked up and applied the wrong part of the rule. It's super lovely but it's not like she just made something up that isn't in the rules at all.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kcer posted:

Wouldn't go that far like. You can give freekicks to the defending team during penalties. She just cocked up and applied the wrong part of the rule. It's super lovely but it's not like she just made something up that isn't in the rules at all.

same

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Apparently this exact situation happened to Bahrain and Uzbekistan before and was replayed from the incident.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Ravel posted:

I thought there was a YATR where it's explained that the correct decision was a drop ball.

That is the correct decision. Anything interfering with the ball that is not considered part of the field of play or the players becomes a drop ball. But that poo poo was funny, so I don't care if it counted.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ravel posted:

Ummm, pretty sure he scored 55

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://vine.co/v/eBIVq0vbePO

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
i love how much soccer players love their legs

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004

Training ground

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

You expected basketball hoops in a regulation match?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Nice, real nice. Is it Craven Cottage?

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
next up on MTV Rock N' Jock Spanish Football, watch as Barcelona's Montoya hits a 6 pointer nothing but net and Dan Cortese reduces Sergio Busquets

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Hoops posted:

Nice, real nice. Is it Craven Cottage?

It's the Old Dell

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Kronum is coming

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

That's great, reminds me of a cool quiz the Guardian put up last week

Part 1 is here.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

I spent like 45 minutes one day trying that and finally made it off the backboard but didn't call it so it didn't count :(

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=794447723979283

David Beckhams last 5 minutes as a player.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Nice video from 2007

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rp1h8-tdxE

And old LWT program on Football Firms. Ralph at 4.12 is a gem.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

ephex posted:

Nice video from 2007

it's ironic because that's the last time you made a funny post

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

ephex posted:

Nice video from 2007

Nice

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

bale trying to fit in with la liga amirite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
While I appreciate that it isn't an Arsenal player, why is that picture in any way notable or interesting?