Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
My brother on his quality Ludwig build destroyed the one reborn. My whip being just a setup tool for viscerals can't plunge attack the boss with any success, I can keel him over and/or whittle him down but I can't ever seem to land a V.Attack. then he usually does some bullshit sniper shot at an impossible angle after sweeping me :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SleepySonata posted:

My brother on his quality Ludwig build destroyed the one reborn. My whip being just a setup tool for viscerals can't plunge attack the boss with any success, I can keel him over and/or whittle him down but I can't ever seem to land a V.Attack. then he usually does some bullshit sniper shot at an impossible angle after sweeping me :suicide:

Hug his side and hang out between his legs and just swing the cane in cane form. That's what I did and it worked.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the sign for whether or not you'll be able to beat Loarius is if you're able to backstab him before he casts his huge self-buff. If you can, you've pretty much won.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Taking out poise was the best thing they could've done for pvp

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

rediscover posted:

numbers didnt go that high in dark souls..... my desire to play this game has juts increased exponentialy, farther than i ever thought possible. high numbers make my poo poo stiff, you see

I once did over 12000 dmg with a charged Kirkhammer strike by hitting one of those weird centepedes' weak spot which looks like a flower while it was still in the ground. I was pretty flabbergasted.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Harrow posted:

Hug his side and hang out between his legs and just swing the cane in cane form. That's what I did and it worked.

Thank you for the tip! I was able to squish him this time!

Now on to more bullshit :smithicide:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
im having a real hard time with logarious too. i feel like the timing for my pistol parry is just off enough to where it staggers him but i still catch a scythe hit

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

If he dashed at you in his second form, he usually follows up with an attack, so I find shooting him right after a dash works.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
logarius is hard, you can use the boss arena to your advantage though. theres changes in elevation on both sides and so if you run away from him when youre getting hammered it can help break his line of sight and give you time to heal/pop a bone marrow ash/get ready for him to charge at you so you can parry it. keep moving and dont try to force openings just be patient

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i got kicked into a poison swamp by patches and murdered by a lady that gives you frenzy just by looking at you

the nightmare frontier is too scary

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rom was a cool fight though, the hardest i'd say so far even though it was mostly about picking when and where to run in while dodging all the spiders and just hitting him with the smash attack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was struggling with yahargul until I realized I was just supposed to run through the whole thing

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
time to go see how bad NG+ logarius will shove my poo poo in.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I was struggling with yahargul until I realized I was just supposed to run through the whole thing

same

i gotta find the upper cathedral key and get grabbed by a hand still but i'm glad to say i'm done with that poo poo. my mind was blown by the fact that hypogean gaol no longer exists.

is there a ds2-like reason to keep the gems / relics that you get from bosses or should you break that poo poo open for the delicious blood gems inside?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
gave up on logarius and went and killed rom (who was super easy). i guess i was too low level given i wa sdoing half the damage people in videos were

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
this game just took a hard turn into essex county, massachusetts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanted to explore underneath the new cathedral but the three hunters guarding the stairs were very powerful...what secrets could they be guarding?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

amygdala is dead, now time for cainhurst

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

that fight and whole area was really cool, its small but theres a lot of secrets and nooks to poke around in

i think amygdala might have been weak to magic though? i enchanted my axe and when i hit it it would change textures like it was made of ice and it started moving real slow, odd.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
amygdala is weak in general as long as you target the arms and head. possibly the easiest boss in the game, up there with the witches, micolash, and celestial emissary

Dec 26, 2012

caught up to where i was, and i finally beat logarius and got his sick fuckin wheel

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
BLB:bang::laugh:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72essOdKJIU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to try and finish this game tomorrow, but idk how much I actually have left.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope the cannon is never nerfed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got platinum on this game. Feels good, man.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Holy poo poo, that's amazing lol!

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
yeah the pvp in this game is the most imbalanced

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the wet nurse is freaking cool

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

stoutfish posted:

yeah the pvp in this game is the most imbalanced

That's a bad thing?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I ended up looking up one thing (where to find a blood rock, and it turns out I was very close anyway) and now I'm pretty sure I'm on the final boss, and he's kicking my rear end. This game is loving sick, now that I've finished my first playthrough

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I ended up looking up one thing (where to find a blood rock, and it turns out I was very close anyway) and now I'm pretty sure I'm on the final boss, and he's kicking my rear end. This game is loving sick, now that I've finished my first playthrough

thats the boss i died on the most. he's tough.

Dec 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

rom was a cool fight though, the hardest i'd say so far even though it was mostly about picking when and where to run in while dodging all the spiders and just hitting him with the smash attack

i just beat him, it wasnt too bad if you just took your time and took out the spiders first

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

thats the boss i died on the most. he's tough.

I can consistently get him down to like 3 or 4 hits but the fight becomes very stressful bc every move he throws out can one shot me at that point. I'm going to beat him!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

>tfw the final shot on a bloodborne boss is a party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

>tfw the final shot on a bloodborne boss is a party

*Every Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne character comes in the room for a HUGE party!*