Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

And then scientists brought them back and were punished for their pride by a righteous storm that let the dinosaurs escape and eat them all. They made a movie about it.

That's also why you should never trust a scientist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

And then scientists brought them back and were punished for their pride by a righteous storm that let the dinosaurs escape and eat them all. They made a movie about it.

That's also why you should never trust a scientist.

If they could only find a mosquito trapped in amber that had bitten Jesus they could clone him and populate a fun park with the clones!
Jesusic Park!

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So, on that new initiative to push females into combat arms MOS' that they've been previously barred from:

EO complaints and fluttering eyelashes seem to be the word of the day when any unfavorable action is taken against our finer sex.

Attrition rates in the USMC school of infantry are nearly 100% with each class on the enlisted side of the house.

Couldn't get any specifics due to NDA stuff.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

LCL-Dead posted:

So, on that new initiative to push females into combat arms MOS' that they've been previously barred from:

EO complaints and fluttering eyelashes seem to be the word of the day when any unfavorable action is taken against our finer sex.

Attrition rates in the USMC school of infantry are nearly 100% with each class on the enlisted side of the house.

Out of curiosity, what exactly are they failing at?

Physical requirements didn't seem to keep anyone in my SOI class from graduating.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I went to basic with a little filipino dude and worked with a malaysian fuckin' idiot at my last duty station and neither of them could rack a .50 cal. PT studs for sure though.

When the army says things about physical requirements my eyes just kind of glaze over and I think about my amazon wish list.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Physical requirements didn't seem to keep anyone in my SOI class from graduating.

LCL-Dead posted:

Reading is hard

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Reading is hard

Physical requirements.

Stress fractures and general physical failure when presented with some of the marches and gear requirements. Same things that the officer types are failing out on.

That stuff is widely known at this point. It's more specific things that are blocked by the NDA.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Don't worry, if they ice out they can always reclass to 34DD, DependapotaMOS

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

NTT posted:

Don't worry, if they ice out they can always reclass to 34DD, DependapotaMOS

Not going to lie, I laughed pretty hard at that, hard enough to get the attention of a few co-workers. I'd like to know if they're actually enlisting on 03XX contracts or if they're volunteering out of boot camp to go to SOI/ITB to try and become notional 03's. Either way, we'll know soon, the one thing they could tell me was that the enlisted training portion is over. No more women into the infantry training company's after the current class finishes.

On a side note, I stumbled onto LinkedIn to look at a buddy's article and a pop-up for a contractor I used to work with slid onto my screen where he was advertising that he was looking for work due to a layoff. I laughed pretty hard. The guy got shitcanned in a very public, very noisy way a couple of months back because he was pretty much an idiot that had no idea how to shut his mouth. The guy retired out of the creamed corn (USMC) as a E8 and had a few issues once he was in the outside world. Namely, he couldn't let go of his rank, but as a close runner up, he just had huge emotional maturity issues that he couldn't seem to get ahold of. Add to that the fact that he liked to lie.. wow.. I copied down his LinkedIn summary and sent it to some of our co-workers. Hilarity shall ensue.

We used to joke about who would give him a heart attack first; A: Me, the intern he had no authority over or B: The rest of the training staff that knew 10x more than he did about UAVs or drone operations in/around conus and oconus bases, despite his hook-up getting him hired to basically copy/pasta the naval order and adopt it into our schoolhouse SOP.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I know three females in my detachment that went to ITB in late 13, early 14 (2 passed, 1 washed out), there might be others I haven't met. They volunteered at boot camp after meeting some minimum PFT score, did ITB instead of MCT, then came here to start the MOS pipeline they shipped for. Right now their ITB credentials are meaningless. Maybe they'll be able to use it to help them get selected for radio recon if they get RadBn, but they're all at least a few months away from being MOS qualified still.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So they went through ITB and then went on to their non-infantry MOS school? Odd.. I would have figured they were slotting them all into that experimental battalion.

When I said attrition rates were high I meant that classes with 40-50 females were graduating 4-5, or none.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
shocked about that really

e; im all for full body female hockey but if a 14 year old girl suddenly has to learn how to give and take a check for her league then shes gonna get hurt since she hasnt had any practice....

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

LCL-Dead posted:

So they went through ITB and then went on to their non-infantry MOS school? Odd.. I would have figured they were slotting them all into that experimental battalion.

When I said attrition rates were high I meant that classes with 40-50 females were graduating 4-5, or none.

Our MOS might be different because our pipeline is up to 2 years long.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

NTT posted:

e; im all for full body female hockey but if a 14 year old girl suddenly has to learn how to give and take a check for her league then shes gonna get hurt since she hasnt had any practice....

But at the same time you've got boys coming through ITB who have never lifted a finger in their lives. Hell, we had a kid who'd never made a bed or played a contact sport (Or any sport) until he joined the Marine Corps and he still made it through ITB with no issues.

They're also coming out of bootcamp where, as far as I know, the only real difference in the training standard is the pull-up verses the hang. They still do the same length marches carrying the same gear for the most part. So it's not like the physical conditioning is a real issue unless the female DI's completely slack the gently caress off during training.

Internet Wizard posted:

Our MOS might be different because our pipeline is up to 2 years long.

Can't think of a non-03XX related MOS that has a two year pipeline that's coed and involved in direct combat. Help me out here.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

We're not trained for anything involving direct combat. 267X.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ahh, okay, that makes sense.

Crazy secret squirrel bastards.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

LCL-Dead posted:

But at the same time you've got boys coming through ITB who have never lifted a finger in their lives. Hell, we had a kid who'd never made a bed or played a contact sport (Or any sport) until he joined the Marine Corps and he still made it through ITB with no issues.

They're also coming out of bootcamp where, as far as I know, the only real difference in the training standard is the pull-up verses the hang. They still do the same length marches carrying the same gear for the most part. So it's not like the physical conditioning is a real issue unless the female DI's completely slack the gently caress off during training.

Yeah this is why I wondered if it was physical stuff. An infantry battalion isn't full of high school football captains. Your typical grunt is either a nerd, a latchkey kid, or a redneck/Mexican.

The idea that every grunt is a WARRIOR is nonsense. The infantry has its fair share of fat retards and, if OIF/OEF is anything to go by, most grunts will never see combat.

A woman can pick up a CAR from a pressure plate IED and file for disability just as well as a dude can. It's the co-habitating stuff I'd be concerned about.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

:stare:

what the gently caress are you guys doing in your 03xx MOS training that's causing so many drop-outs from women?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MA-Horus posted:

what the gently caress are you guys doing in your 03xx MOS training that's causing so many drop-outs from women?

pullups.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

walk around with lots of heavy poo poo on your back most likely

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Integrity.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MA-Horus posted:

Something something Kashyyyk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

Something something Kashyyyk

the scores on the bowcaster range is excellent, though

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

Penis required to perform sodomy

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

The idea that every grunt is a WARRIOR is nonsense. The infantry has its fair share of fat retards and, if OIF/OEF is anything to go by, most grunts will never see combat.

At least a fat bastard is used to carrying a lot of weight when (if) they walk.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MA-Horus posted:

rape

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I know a Marine that had a stress-fracture turn into an actual fracture of the pelvis during MCT so I could see the longer/heavier hikes of ITB doing a number on people.

edit: actually I know a handful of people both male and female with varying degrees of stress fractures from boot/MCT

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

walk around with lots of heavy poo poo on your back most likely

Exactly this. Even a woman who can lift as much as or run as fast as a man won't have the musculoskeletal endurance. Women are more prone to stress fractures and joint problems when humping weight for long periods of time.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Its because they're pussies you idiots.

edit: their

vains fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 9, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

This was going to be my answer but it's not the AF.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
You idiots, the physical stuff is not a factor here.

Until we open the 35DD dependapotomous career field to men, there ain't gonna be no women invested in the infantry suckfest.

Only true idiots addicted to the full-spectrum retard lifestyle stick with infantry and women aren't being offered the full menu as of now. "stress fractures" and whatever is just code for what happens when your bareback methhead partner isn't lying about having no STDs. Kind of a turnoff right

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

MA-Horus posted:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
There was a kid, a guy, in my ITB class who fell out on the 15k hump from Geiger to the ranges. I hung back with him, trying to motivate him on but could tell that he was in some serious pain. Come to find out, after his ride back to base in the broke bitch truck, every metatarsal in his right foot had stress fractured, then broke. His entire foot had been broken for at least 2 miles and yet he was still trying to push through the last 2.5km of the march. poo poo sucks.

On to more relevant things: Does anyone remember that kid who told off the base commander when she tried to make a uniform correction on him in the 7-day store on Lejeune? Circa 2010.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My brain shudders to think of that conversation.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Apparently, after reaming him a new rear end in a top hat, she turned around and verbally reamed the assholes of every SNCO present for not correcting the little poo poo when he first came into the store.

I'd hate to have been his battalion or company commander.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LCL-Dead posted:

There was a kid, a guy, in my ITB class who fell out on the 15k hump from Geiger to the ranges. I hung back with him, trying to motivate him on but could tell that he was in some serious pain. Come to find out, after his ride back to base in the broke bitch truck, every metatarsal in his right foot had stress fractured, then broke. His entire foot had been broken for at least 2 miles and yet he was still trying to push through the last 2.5km of the march. poo poo sucks.

On to more relevant things: Does anyone remember that kid who told off the base commander when she tried to make a uniform correction on him in the 7-day store on Lejeune? Circa 2010.

http://archive.marinecorpstimes.com...esponsibilities

quote:

Marines in cammies are allowed to use drive-through windows but cannot pop into a day care to pick up the kids.

Jesus Christ Marines are gay.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

LCL-Dead posted:

I think I remember that story, she was a short, black Major General, right?

It was something stupid too, like he was in boots and utes or some poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Ah yeah, looks like he was just wearing boots and utes, but like, would he have been in less deep poo poo if he just wore his blouse? What the gently caress is with old people who got out of the military still giving a poo poo?

All the comments are on these articles are all retired who-gives-a-fucks with a hardon for regs. You poor fucks have a million old farts who are so turbo moto they try to confront hosed up Marines off-post, like they were never the poor fucker that had an hour to go run an errand off-post, and stopped to get gas on the way back.

I will buy two logs of Cope for any Marine off-base in uniform, THANK U FOR UR SERVICE.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Exactly this. Even a woman who can lift as much as or run as fast as a man won't have the musculoskeletal endurance. Women are more prone to stress fractures and joint problems when humping weight for long periods of time.

No dude. You see women and men are exactly the same. You take your science "facts" out of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The way I figure it the military will grind you up eventually, it's just a matter of when.

Women are in the envious position of it typically happening sooner, thus less suffering through stupid military poo poo in the long run.