Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

sweetguts posted:

sooooo what's the deal with Dilbert lately? is Scott Adams trying to make up for being a raging misogynist shithead in the past? or is this another one of those "lol irrational women getting mad over nothing" things like that time he spent a week joking about cutting off people's testicles
I'm guessing Scott Adams respects women engineers but not the women who won't date him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Things are bad when Nancy's dialogue makes Zippy's seem natural.
:sigh:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (April 10, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (June 15, 1952)

Super-Fun-ohsweetmercy

There's going to be a retaliation strike for this, isn't there? :ohdear:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

EasyEW posted:

There's going to be a retaliation strike for this, isn't there? :ohdear:

I look forward to seeing it in three months.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I look forward to seeing it in three months.

No, I seem to remember somebody in the thread used to do revenge posts when overtly political material turned up.

Guess which strip was the revenge strip.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

That moment as a teenager when you realize that your parents may in fact have had sex at some point.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Green Intern posted:

That moment as a teenager when you realize that your parents may in fact have had sex at some point with the whole soccer team.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

...but thankfully Julet also posts Juliet, which I have fallen in love with. Thanks for posting these! Been a fan for a while and couldn't remember if I ever thanked you for it. :)
(sidenote to Julet: where does your avatar text come from? It seems familiar but I can't place it. Did it come from one of these threads?)

I'm glad you like it! :)

You probably recognize my avatar text from Edminster's strikingly similar avatar text*. I normally wouldn't base my av text on somebody else's, but I had no idea what text to put with the picture at the time. He suggested it and the text combined with the dazed look on MJ's face and the juxtaposition with his av were all so hilarious to me that I had to pull the trigger.

*From what I remember, a while back Iron Man was flying around on a commercial airline with all the other common folk, like you would expect any obscenely rich person to do, when he fell under the influence of the Puppet Master. Puppet Master forced him to bust out through the side of the plane while it was in flight, causing a great big (somewhat suggestive looking) hole. Fortunately Spidey just happened to also be on board, and he fixed it, but not before inspiring Edminster to purchase this:

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Enough with the thread/avatar history lesson. Here's some comics:

Luann

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

My only reference points are this strip and the movies. Is she ever not a big ol' bitch?

Juliet Jones

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Midnight Moth posted:

Recess

What is this, Wallace and Gromit?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Being multilingual is un-American. Are you telling me Siri is un-American?

Bleeker

Uh, duh, to be on the winning side of the robot revolution?

On the Fastrack

Yeah, those are p badass. Much more than a gothy-corn.

Safe Havens

Think, Palmtop, you could've been with that famous Italian basketball star three years ago instead of this mousey chump.

Recess

Dude, I could go for some super comfy sensible shoes.That's not a secret shame. The Amish farmgirl stuff is though.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 9, 2015

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I almost admire how Gilchrist can manage to constantly find new and interesting ways to make Nancy terrible. This isn't exactly one of his nostalgia things, or one of his schmaltzy ones, it's more of a fusion of both. All he needs is to somehow have Nancy praying about this and it'd have just about everything.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Isn't it about time Mary showed up?

Rex Morgan MD

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

June apparently just found out that her employee spends the morning looking at the social media page of a high school girl she has no particular reason to know or care about. Someone better give June something for free right now, or she's gonna start firing people.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

I'm including Mother Goose & Grimm today because it made me go uuuuuuughhhh when I saw it. And I want you all to suffer too.

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Andorra posted:

That's it. No Inspector Danger will beat this one.

Indeed, I haven't seen any other make as much sense as this one.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus christ, just let the kid give up the trumpet already. gently caress.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Wanamingo posted:

I could sort of understand it if he made his parents buy him a brand new one and their policy was "You made us buy it for you so you're going to use it" but didn't he get it for free from his uncle?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Poor Pastis. Never scores.

Cap'n Eddie trips balls in Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 4/9/2004

Welp, Brooke got it right. The distance to Saturn is approximately 746 million miles. Kind of weird for the old bat to specify 800 million, most people would've just said "a million".

Zits didn't update.

Kevin & Kell

:v: I know that seems like an edit, but it's not.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac delivers a lesson or two today:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set doesn't like big butts, and they cannot lie.

Working Daze has unrealistic goals.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Wanamingo posted:

Look on the bright side - at least she's merely trying to control his extracurriculars, and not his love life or sexual orientation. :unsmigghh:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Skippy blazes trails wherever he goes. (February 9, 1928, 50 years before I first did the same thing for the same reason.)

Peanuts (April 11, 1968)

Holly Budd: Back In Action

This would be more effective if "Holly done up to the nines" looked any different than "Holly off the plane after getting bumped down to the minor leagues".

Popeye

Rip Haywire tests the most dangerous weapon in the universe.

Out Our Way (December 20-21, 1926)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 9, 2015

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's seriously not that hard to get rid of formaldehyde. The whole reason it's considered hazardous in the first place is that it off-gasses really, really easily. Anyway, have more Deadly Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Poncho isn't that much of a cliche. He doesn't just try to kill cats, he also tries to kill people.

Ballard Street

Little Teddy's even less of a stereotype. He exclusively tries to kill people.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I like the strong use of the oar and fishing rods to evoke the concept of a ships mast and rigging, but I feel the placement of objects around the base is haphazard and rushed. It needs basing, something to establish its position and space within the room.

B+

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes/b]

[b]Ripley's

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So these Mandrake reruns are from the 90s, right? It makes sense if they're advertising a 30-inch CRT as a big screen. What are the odds of that panel being a little plug/shoutout to the Billy Zane movie?

Also, swordfish is delicious. Revenge swordfish must taste amazing.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

I thought she was breaking up with him because Skip was the much better man with his superior pop culture nerd knowledge.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

I want to point out that less than three weeks ago, Betty complained about Barry being too clingy.

It is amazing how Barry's personality will change to whatever will make him the butt of a joke, and he still remains the most likable and level-headed character in the comic. Remember the time the joke was he thought it'd be weird to call his hot nerd chick date a dude, and then later Gwen was getting on his case for calling Betty "dude"?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Yeah I have to agree with Barry being the only halfway likable character. All the other characters are pretty god awful.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Strontium posted:

It is amazing how Barry's personality will change to whatever will make him the butt of a joke, and he still remains the most likable and level-headed character in the comic.

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back.

(Nobody in this strip is likable)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I have a medical condition that causes me to be rough with rough-necks.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back.

It's a relative thing. Even if he's not likable on the whole, he is more likable than anyone else in the comic. In much the same way you wouldn't call someone with one hundred dollars to his name "rich", but he's still richer than someone with only ten dollars.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Trilobite posted:

June apparently just found out that her employee spends the morning looking at the social media page of a high school girl she has no particular reason to know or care about. Someone better give June something for free right now, or she's gonna start firing people.

The teenager, Kelly is in fact the daughter of the employee, Summer. She may have just told her over supper or something.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

gleebster posted:

The teenager, Kelly is in fact the daughter of the employee, Summer. She may have just told her over supper or something.
Huh. I thought Kelly's mom was some other person. I must've gotten her confused with Nikki's mom, or with one of the other Bad Moms that Rex and June are always meeting.

I wonder if the new nurse has any relatives who can work for the Morgans, too? They should've put that in the job requirements.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Pogo (April 11, 1957)

As always in this strip, the latest evil plan derails before it even begins by overestimating the core competencies of others.

Peanuts: Year Two (June 16-18, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think he's likable, but I admit it's probably a Ziggy thing where he doesn't seem like a bad dude and his rear end in a top hat co-workers poo poo on him nonstop for trying to be friendly. It may also be because he appears to be dating someone a decade older than him, so he somehow doesn't seem as shallow as the writer probably intends him to be?

It is an incredibly poorly written strip. Also poorly drawn. And poorly conceived.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Adbot