Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Crumbzz's hair is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

challenger teams that 'try interesting stuff' just get smashed in LCS because teams full of better players will destroy most of your 'weird comps' by simply getting all the power picks you leave open by running annie mid. That being said, Gravity & Team 8 both did a solid job of playing meta while also bringing in some interesting picks so maybe NME can do the same. Somehow I don't think Innox, LCS midlaner, is going to pan out though.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

rabidsquid posted:

Every interesting challenger team becomes a "try not to be relegated" team once they reach LCS but maybe this one won't. Odds are against that though.

Yeah man, look at H2K, UoL, T8, Gravity, all of them desperately trying not to be relegated.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

AttackBacon posted:

Anything is better than Coast :negative: I think TDK and Fusion have a shot, Dignitas going out wouldn't surprise me. Winterfox probably won't, but who knows. Still, odds are probably in favor of the LCS teams but we will see. Dignitas going out would make me happy at least, I've never liked that team.

If we get WFX vs TDK, I think we might see WFX bite it. Seraph is MUCH better than Avalon and can carry. FSN probably would have much more even matches with both teams, though I can still see them winning, especially against DIG. One of the EU games is gonna be lovely (because CWA is an awful team), but both NA relegation series will be boss as hell.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Dig's lanes are better than TDK's so they're fighting uphill in that matchup.

Both Fusion and Winterfox are schizoid in performance, could go either way.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Jerkface posted:

Somehow I don't think Innox, LCS midlaner, is going to pan out though.

I don't know, he played well this series. A lot of times a good environment and good momentum can cause players to really step up their game. I doubt he's going to be beating Bjergsen in lane but who knows, maybe he'll bloom in the LCS on this team (as opposed to the horror show that was EG) like a beautiful butterfly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Yeah man, look at H2K, UoL, T8, Gravity, all of them desperately trying not to be relegated.

drat, every challenger team ever was listed and I got owned :sweatdrop:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Every interesting challenger team becomes a "try not to be relegated" team once they reach LCS but maybe this one won't. Odds are against that though.

H2K, UOL, Team8, LMQ, Gravity, C9:confused:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Haha, Innox putting EG on blast. "Most fun I've had playing league of legends, I finally have a team that trusts me".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Seraph was never that bad, but he was on CLG during a time when they were probably one of the most miserable teams in LCS since Velocity. Winterfox should have just taken Seraph instead of trying desperately to make Avalon work. They're so loving dumb they put one of the better AD Carries in NA on support but wouldn't change out their top laner. I hate to say it, but if WFX want to continue in LCS they need to get rid of Helios and Avalon. They can still build a Korean team if they want but jesus christ

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Transient People posted:

Haha, Innox putting EG on blast. "Most fun I've had playing league of legends, I finally have a team that trusts me".

I think Innox on mid makes him more trustworthy too as long as he doesnt pick Nid.

One of my biggest issues with Innox top is that he'd try to do the solo-queue carry thing sometimes, to mixed results. At least in mid its more straightforward.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

Seraph was never that bad, but he was on CLG during a time when they were probably one of the most miserable teams in LCS since Velocity. Winterfox should have just taken Seraph instead of trying desperately to make Avalon work. They're so loving dumb they put one of the better AD Carries in NA on support but wouldn't change out their top laner. I hate to say it, but if WFX want to continue in LCS they need to get rid of Helios and Avalon. They can still build a Korean team if they want but jesus christ

Doing the FSN/TDK vs WFX/DIG head to head...

Chunky: Beats Avalon. Make-or-break match vs Gamsu, who's the DIG heavy carry. Probably advantage Gamsu, but not too great.
Nintendude: Worse than Helios. Reasonably worse I'd say, but not absolutely terrible. Equal or better (probably better) than Azingy.
Huhi: Outmatched by Pobelter. Probably an even match with Shiphtur.
Nien: Outmatched by Altec (but by how much? Hard to say, if we get top form Nien it could be pretty even). Probably even with CoreJJ.
Trance: Worse than both Kiwi and Gleeb. Hard to say by how much though.

Seraph: Will body Avalon. Jungler-decided match with Gamsu.
Kez: Fairly worse than Helios. Even with Azingy.
Kyle: If he keeps these performances up, worse than both Pob and Shiphtur. If he gets one of those legendary Jayce games, easily better than Shiphtur and at least an even match for Pobelter.
LousixGeeGee: Vayne Mayne strats are not going to work in the LCS. Likely to get smoked by Altec and CoreJJ.
Smoothie: Really has not impressed. Very likely to get outplayed by Gleeb and Kiwi.

Overall FSN and TDK feel like they have chances to me, but it's tricky to say who wins because WFX has reasons to want to duck both of the teams. You don't want to trust Avalon to do poo poo on game day against a carry toplane when your LCS life is on the line, but TDK's botlane feels way worse than WFX's, which is important because if FSN's botlane gets going you're really screwed due to giving a morale and focus boost to both the main carry AND shotcaller. It's gonna come down to who exploits their strong lanes better, and whether Pob and Gamsu can go off against their opposition - if they get shut down, I feel like WFX and DIG will bite it.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Jerkface posted:

quote:

So you guys were planning on bringing out the TF this series?

TIP Adrian: CLG stole our strat. They don't know how to play the TF comp. Everything they did, we would've done better. We played it against them.

Vlad showed up just about every game this series – what makes it so strong? Some players have had a lot of success on it, and some people like Zion in the previous series didn't have too much of an effect on it.

Zion actually picked it up from Impact, because he lost so much to Impact. I think Impact and XiaoWeiXiao are really good at Vladimir, and he's just a really strong pick. He does so much in team fights. With Sivir speedup, he can beat anyone, and he can one-shot people.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/482513-tip-adrian-clg-stole-our-strat

This actually explains a ton:
-why CLG's p/b was such rear end (yeah let's just use TIP's strats without understanding why they work)
-why Gravity banned TF/Yasuo so many times (scrim results leaking?)
-why Liquid started banning TF

quote:

Yeah, I don't think we need the tank junglers. But if the tank junglers are really strong, he'll learn them. Coach doesn't think we need to learn it yet, but he's been playing 'em.

This is really concerning though, I hope they're mindgaming or something in this interview. Definitely think that he's giving too much to Loco to prepare with here.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I hope WFX picks TDK so I can see Seraph vs Avalon. I wanna see Avalon try to deal with that smite shyvana or some other poo poo Seraph will pull on him. That being said, I'd love to see it but then have WFX still win the series since Pob, Altec, Gleeb, and Helios are cool. Maybe they can poach Seraph after.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

I'd actually rather see WFX eat relegation, so all its players (except Avalon) can get poached and put on better teams with more logical PBs and rostering. Imagine CLG Altec, T8 Pobelter, etc. There's a huge well of talent to mine there.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

What happened to the Alex Ich/crumbzzz/Yuno team? Did they somehow not qualify over like, Final Five?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

What happened to the Alex Ich/crumbzzz/Yuno team? Did they somehow not qualify over like, Final Five?

No, it just didn't exist by the time we hit the Spring split cutoff. They'll probably make a run in the Summer split.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

Still around, doing the ladder I assume

Apparently it has a name now: http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/Misfits http://gyazo.com/091bba310a63ee94dd9317d8c4921b0f

Might not be for serious though

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I love the Misfits

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

1 and a half hours of Team Liquid doing a video AMA

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So this is a thing. Caution: may contain excessive slowmo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGnL3XKctA

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 9, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Silver Scrapes girlfriend looks like a filthy hippie

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

she looks like shes trying to cosplay as that russian/ukrainian barbie chick who think she's an alien

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Flameingblack posted:

Silver Scrapes girlfriend looks like a filthy beautiful hippie
Fixed :colbert:

Seriously anyone that will rock mile-long blond extensions and a honest to god tiara in public has my respect

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Worlds is in four different cities this year. London, Brussles, Paris and Berlin

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I just watched doa, montecristo, and susie kim drunkenly berate Dexter on his stream, it was pretty enjoyable.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

I just watched doa, montecristo, and susie kim drunkenly berate Dexter on his stream, it was pretty enjoyable.

that stupid loving irish drinking song was killing me, best stream a++

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I legit fell asleep last night watching the NA CS finals. That's saying something. Grats on NME making it in, they all seem like good guys who haven't had a good chance before. I don't like their odds against the NA pool of teams but who knows.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
NME is going to get housed in the LCS and I'll be really surprised if TDK or Fusion makes it in.

But hey it's Dignitas, they could throw against anyone.

fnox
May 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_NZVgE0vho

holy gently caress that's a nice house.

please ignore the kinda homoerotic undertones.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

i could have done without that xpeke thumbnail

fnox
May 19, 2013

they have a literal loving mansion, with a pool, nice bedrooms, nice bathrooms, nice kitchen, tennis court. how the gently caress did they afford that?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

fnox posted:

they have a literal loving mansion, with a pool, nice bedrooms, nice bathrooms, nice kitchen, tennis court. how the gently caress did they afford that?

What's funny is that now that they're in the LCS, they are going to move to Berlin. So why even have a house tour video? It's so silly.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

fnox posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_NZVgE0vho

holy gently caress that's a nice house.

please ignore the kinda homoerotic undertones.

I think I will, in fact, draw Peke like one of my French girls!

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Libertine posted:

I legit fell asleep last night watching the NA CS finals. That's saying something. Grats on NME making it in, they all seem like good guys who haven't had a good chance before. I don't like their odds against the NA pool of teams but who knows.

I'm genuinely happy for Otter - he has been around forever but just never seemed to get over the hump till now.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Gonna be so disappointed if he doesn't start every interview with "hi im otte"

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

fnox posted:

Xpeke is really loving popular. Like, only Ocelote really compares to him in terms of EU popularity (or maybe, used to).

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Origen gets my vote for best house tour so far. Holy poo poo man.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Peke is rich, ergo ridiculous rich e rich house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Disinterested posted:

Peke is rich, ergo ridiculous rich e rich house.

I think xPeke keeps on going just to one up Ocelote at every step and make him look dumb. He's been trying to get a challenger team into pro scene for almost a year and a half and Peke did it in 4 months.

• Locked thread