Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Considering we already know Goku loses against Frieza in this film, SSG2 is basically a less stupid looking form of SS3 in terms of effectiveness; that could be pretty funny depending on how they play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Darko posted:

Here's the first full image of Goku's new form:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...f0FqQuoi6czs.01

That looks a lot cooler than I expected.They may as well keep coming up with new transformations, they need some reason to get beat up by the villain early in the story and then power up to be able to beat them later. The name isn't that great, but maybe it sounds better in Japanese. It kind of makes sense if you see SSJ God as a new base form, and then that base form is now going SSJ. Kind of like how you could reasonably have Mystic Gohan, then a Mystic SSJ Gohan. I'm kind of reaching to justify this goofy name though, I admit.

Just have Goku keep staying one step ahead of Vegeta on the transformation treadmill and you're fine. I do hope they can come up with cooler ideas than "different hair color" though. Ha, it'd be pretty great if it rolls all the way back around to black.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Considering we already know Goku loses against Frieza in this film, SSG2 is basically a less stupid looking form of SS3 in terms of effectiveness; that could be pretty funny depending on how they play it.

Going by the description this isn't actually true. at least you are misrepresenting what happens a bit.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Frieza losing his poo poo because Goku goes to a new form of Super Saiyan is going to be glorious.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Not gonna lie, the almost silverish-blue color kinda works for me. Leaked toys made it seem like it'd be a deep, vibrant blue, but this works.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Going by the description this isn't actually true. at least you are misrepresenting what happens a bit.

I thought Goku and Frieza fight, Frieza powers up and wins, Vegeta steps in and does pretty well so Frieza freaks out and blows up the planet leading to Whis taking Goku back in time who kills him with a kamehameha. Goku loses the fight and only wins because he blindsides Frieza with his best attack.

The fact he looks really smug in all those promo shots does make me think he's going to get spectacularly jobbed too

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I thought Goku and Frieza fight, Frieza powers up and wins, Vegeta steps in and does pretty well so Frieza freaks out and blows up the planet leading to Whis taking Goku back in time who kills him with a kamehameha. Goku loses the fight and only wins because he blindsides Frieza with his best attack.

The fact he looks really smug in all those promo shots does make me think he's going to get spectacularly jobbed too

Nope, Goku is beating Frieza up and gets blindsided by Sorbet, Vegeta gives him a senzu and takes over. It looks like Frieza is basically going to spend the majority of the time getting owned

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nope, Goku is beating Frieza up and gets blindsided by Sorbet, Vegeta gives him a senzu and takes over. It looks like Frieza is basically going to spend the majority of the time getting owned

Which is honestly a plot device they use way too often in the movies at it is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

A Steampunk Gent posted:

No, that's not what happens, at least according to the summaries:

Frieza powers up, then Goku powers up. The fight looks even for a while, but Frieza's lack of stamina does him in (Goku surmises that once he unlocked his golden mode he got so excited to murder some Saiyans he didn't bother to find out the form's limits and rushed to earth). Goku starts winning handily, but Sorbet gets him with a cheap shot.

Vegeta then steps up to bat and hands Frieza his rear end, and gets careless and doesn't finish Frieza quickly enough, and then earth blows up and things go from there.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Goku fights regular Freeza in his base form, it's one-sided in favor of Goku. Freeza goes Golden, Freeza gains the upper hand. Goku then fights Freeza in Blueper Saiyan, shifts back to Goku. Tries to spare Freeza's life, only for dude with the ring to use the ring to shoot Goku in the heart, Freeza gains the upper hand again. Vegeta steps in, saves Goku, goes Blueper Saiyan, and trounces Freeza. While gloating he's about to finish Freeza off, Freeza is a sore loser and blows up the Earth. Whis hits his "undo" button and Goku finishes Freeza off for good. Vegeta then bitches at him about killstealing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ah okay. So they pretty much skipped straight to the '100% power' part of the fight and moved on from there, I guess that works better for a film

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blueper Saiyan should just be the name from here on out, I say.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Darko posted:

I will also accept turquoisaiyan and I'm looking forward to Surple Saiyan.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Super Cyan. :buddy:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

poo poo that's good :golfclap:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

god drat it strife

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

StrifeHira posted:

Amazing! :eyepop:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Darko posted:

loving hell, I was going to post this.

StrifeHira posted:

That's even better.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

StrifeHira posted:

fuckin' canon

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

StrifeHira posted:

Spectacular.

I do think that it looks a lot better in drawing that in the figures. I hope it'll look even better animated. 20 years since I watching DBZ and I'm still a sucker for new forms.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

StrifeHira posted:

Yes. Yes! YES! :neckbeard:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blueper Saiyan has been trumped in a matter of minutes.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

StrifeHira posted:

I only hate it because I didn't think of it first.

loving brilliant.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

StrifeHira posted:

:vince:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
blue ssj is total dogshit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Nah it's pretty rad.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

You're just jealous of its Super Cyan swagger.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I eagerly await Super Cyan 2.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't like it because in my childhood being a blond was super cool because you were like a Super Saiyan, and the ginger of this era could've felt the same I did as a blond kid, but instead now having blue hair will be all the rage and no one is born with that, so no one wins.

In all seriousness it's cool, it looks better in the images than it did in the toy and hopefully it'll look great animated and in-game for both Extreme Butoden and Xenoverse. Also I really hope it gets a better name, for the time being I'll stick with the excellent Super Cyan.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Raxivace posted:

You're just jealous of its Super Cyan swagger.

Goddamn, this is never going to get old.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, I'll give you guys Super Cyan, it's great. But if we get another stage down the line I demand 'Maximum Over-Saiyan'.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Next one will be Ultra Violent.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

YggiDee posted:

Okay, I'll give you guys Super Cyan, it's great. But if we get another stage down the line I demand 'Maximum Over-Saiyan'.

I'm fine with that, because Maximum Over-Saiyan is a great name.

BlitzBlast posted:

Next one will be Ultra Violent.

Wow, how many puns is that?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't like it because in my childhood being a blond was super cool because you were like a Super Saiyan, and the ginger of this era could've felt the same I did as a blond kid, but instead now having blue hair will be all the rage and no one is born with that, so no one wins.

You know who else thought it was really cool to be blonde haired and blue eyed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBudU8BiQw4

I dunno how Funimation got away with showing this in the USA. It's pretty funny but HOLY poo poo is it offensive.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

No, that's not what happens, at least according to the summaries:

Frieza powers up, then Goku powers up. The fight looks even for a while, but Frieza's lack of stamina does him in (Goku surmises that once he unlocked his golden mode he got so excited to murder some Saiyans he didn't bother to find out the form's limits and rushed to earth). Goku starts winning handily, but Sorbet gets him with a cheap shot.

Vegeta then steps up to bat and hands Frieza his rear end, and gets careless and doesn't finish Frieza quickly enough, and then earth blows up and things go from there.

i like this

Frieza should be the new joke villain. He should come back in future movies and just be completely poo poo and not even remotely the new villain.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

this is a wrong opinion, im sorry about your post

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gammatron 64 posted:

You know who else thought it was really cool to be blonde haired and blue eyed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBudU8BiQw4

I dunno how Funimation got away with showing this in the USA. It's pretty funny but HOLY poo poo is it offensive.

Are you kidding me? A cartoon showing a bunch of super heroes make a joke out of -- and ultimately kill -- Hitler? You couldn't pick an easier thing to get past censors on US television.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I want Cell to come back and use Cell jrs to go Super Cell God

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ekusukariba posted:

I want Cell to come back and use Cell jrs to go Super Cell God

cell could be double (vegeta and goku cells) golden (frieza) kamicollo bluehair god with 3 eyes and a tail made of a destructo disk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what im saying is that cell owns and is the best villain in dbz

• Locked thread