Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I think it could also explain why Skye looks ~10 years older than her mother. Dad had Mom's body in cold storage until he could get the organs back, so her aging was delayed.
Skye's Daisy's Mom doesn't age anyway. That's her thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Funhilde posted:

Her aging was already delayed. She hasn't aged since WWII at least.

Robot Hobo posted:

Skye's Daisy's Mom doesn't age anyway. That's her thing.

schooled. I didn't realize this.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

schooled. I didn't realize this.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but it never fails to astound me the plot points goons miss in shows. Whitehall testing the Diviner on Skye's mom in WWII, being imprisoned for about 50 years, finding her again after Hydra sprung him and seeing she hadn't aged a day, then vivisecting her to put her organs in his body which caused him to de-age was sort of a major plot point.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

PierreTheMime posted:

That's a good call.

Goddamn this show is slick.

Ahem.

NowonSA posted:

If that's where Fitzsimmons pulled off the sleight of hand swap (and it looks like it is), that's a drat impressive feat with a roomful of people staring at you and particularly at the tiny super important box you're holding. I guess his hands are recovering quite nicely!

I guess I'm just chopped liver then! You may as well have banned my account yourself!

Consider the NowonMime partnership ended!

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Funhilde posted:

Her aging was already delayed. She hasn't aged since WWII at least.
It must have been very annoying when it came time to evaluate her abilities post-Terrigenesis. Skye started making earthquakes, so that was easy to spot. Lincoln started shooting static electricity all over, and Gordon's eyes went away and he started to involuntarily BAMF around, so those were quick answers too. If Skye's Mom just heals well and doesn't age, it may have taken decades to figure that out.

Terrigenesis and then... nothing.

A year later... nothing.

Ten years later... nothing.

30 years later... she's looking great for a middle-aged lady. Um, is that a superpower?

60 years later... Ok, calling it. Super not-aging. Done.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
They've teased and hyped May's cavalry incident so much. I feel like there is no powered foe she could face that's worth this much build up who wouldn't be better suited for a role in a movie. They are manufacturing disappointment for the inevitable reveal next episode.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

NowonSA posted:

Consider the NowonMime partnership ended!

:negative:

I'll PM you a giant sandwich...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

At this point it'd make narrative sense if The Cargo on the Iliad was the super that May took down.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Are the props for the fake-cube and real-cube actually different? When I watched the episode, it looked like you could visually tell them apart, like the real Toolbox has symbols and poo poo on the side and the fake one is just blank. Like specifically in the last two scenes, where Jemma is saying "it's just junk" it looks all blank, and then when Fitz looks at his it looked fancier.

Anyone have the episode handy and can confirm/deny?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mikeraskol posted:

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but it never fails to astound me the plot points goons miss in shows. Whitehall testing the Diviner on Skye's mom in WWII, being imprisoned for about 50 years, finding her again after Hydra sprung him and seeing she hadn't aged a day, then vivisecting her to put her organs in his body which caused him to de-age was sort of a major plot point.
Mostly it's because for a while SHIELD got put into the category of "watch this in the background while I do other things" but now it is something I go out of my way to watch and there are some gaps in there.

Chakram posted:

They've teased and hyped May's cavalry incident so much. I feel like there is no powered foe she could face that's worth this much build up who wouldn't be better suited for a role in a movie. They are manufacturing disappointment for the inevitable reveal next episode.

May got the Hulk into a sleeper hold and it actually loving worked.

EDIT: She had to use the grab-cable that aircraft carriers use to catch F-22's when they scream in for a landing, just set the jet for full throttle, get the cable over his neck and hope for the best.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 9, 2015

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Robot Hobo posted:

It must have been very annoying when it came time to evaluate her abilities post-Terrigenesis. Skye started making earthquakes, so that was easy to spot. Lincoln started shooting static electricity all over, and Gordon's eyes went away and he started to involuntarily BAMF around, so those were quick answers too. If Skye's Mom just heals well and doesn't age, it may have taken decades to figure that out.

A year later... nothing.

30 years later... she's looking great for a middle-aged lady. Um, is that a superpower?

I think I would notice if I cut myself and it healed instantly.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This just popped up on my facebook feed: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/agents-of-shield-spinoff-reportedly-in-development-at-abc

SHIELD Spin off, no one knows who's staring or what it'll be about and the "article" says

quote:

Even though "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." hasn't yet been officially renewed for a second season

So grain of salt and all that.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Soonmot posted:

That was a typo, they already had edited it to "third" by the time I clicked on the link.

Let's hope it's something insane like Grant Ward: Agent of Hydra or something. I could totally go for a sinister Burn Notice.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Has the show established how long ago the cavalry incident occurred? I know it supposed to be a while before the Avengers but like a year or 10 or 20?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Soonmot posted:

This just popped up on my facebook feed: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/agents-of-shield-spinoff-reportedly-in-development-at-abc

SHIELD Spin off, no one knows who's staring or what it'll be about and the "article" says

Ward and Kara's Crazy Adventures or no dice

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Ward and Kara's CrazyWell Adjusted Adventures or no dice

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm going to guess whoever she took down also has ties to the inhumans, to wrap this in a bow.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

Ward and Kara's Crazy Adventures or no dice

If they do this, they need to license Crazy Train to be the intro.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Honestly I'm more excited about a 60% chance for an Agent Carter renewal :D

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

OB_Juan posted:

If they do this, they need to license Crazy Train to be the intro.

I would be so into that.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
How do you spin off a < 2 year old show that only recently got enough momentum to start spinning itself?

I'd guess they're thinking maybe Inhumans show? No one really wants a 3rd iteration on the MCU procedurals after Agent C and Agent OS. I'm not coming up with any Shield characters like Carter that could handle a solo show.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Soonmot posted:

The actual source is EW, so don't let CBR's typo impact your estimation of its credibility.

Honestly surprised by this, given both the timing (they managed to keep this secret until a month before upfronts?) and the middling ratings for ABC's two Marvel shows to date. Wonder if we're getting this instead of Agent Carter S2.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/09/shield-spinoff

Source of the CBR article.

I also agree that it's weird for them to spinoff so early. What're they going to do, do a whole show about the Inhuman cult camp and tie that into the Inhumans movie?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/09/shield-spinoff

Source of the CBR article.

I also agree that it's weird for them to spinoff so early. What're they going to do, do a whole show about the Inhuman cult camp and tie that into the Inhumans movie?

Probably, unless they're doing a Deathlok series, which would be pretty dumb. I guess we have a few episodes left for them to backdoor pilot something else.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Probably, unless they're doing a Deathlok series, which would be pretty dumb. I guess we have a few episodes left for them to backdoor pilot something else.

They sort of say that outright in the EW link:

quote:

We don’t know is which characters from the current series will be moving over to the proposed spinoff – so let the speculation being on that. There won’t be an implanted pilot episode this season directly setting up the spinoff, either (like how CW launched The Flashout of Arrow). However, story elements that are still to come on SHIELD this year will be used to lay the groundwork for the potential new series. So by the end of the season – assuming the details for this project haven’t already leaked, which is rather unlikely – the spinoff concept should be clear.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
If we're fielding dreams of what we want to see for a spinoff; I personally would love to see a Nick Fury show set in the pre-Modern Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline . Have it detail his rise to SHIELD director in Cold War era world politics and him teaming up with young fresh faced Coulson if you want to tie it into Agents of Shield.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Honestly I'd be down for a Dethlok show. Ten million dollar man, but a black man? Sure thing!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

greatn posted:

Honestly I'd be down for a Dethlok show. Ten million dollar man, but a black man? Sure thing!

It's a great concept, I just haven't dug Richards' performance very much so far. Maybe with a better director it'd be fine.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Marvel's Agents of Real S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's basically just all the main characters sitting around on the aircraft carrier.
"So, what do you think Coulson's doing now?"
"I don't know. Mack, why don't you go check on him?"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've kind of always been a fan of Richards since his Gunn days, but I may be blind to his flaws because that's back when I was a college freshman and I already imprinted my opinion at that point.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ThermoPhysical posted:

Skye's sexy electric doctor as new lead character.

...actually, I could see that happening.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 9, 2015

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Professor Not-Xavier's School for Youngsters Who May Or May Not Be Gifted: The Series

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Professor Not-Xavier's School for Youngsters Who May Or May Not Be Gifted: The Series

They are bringing back Mutant X?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

It would work if something happened a lot more Inhumans started getting triggered. Maybe some more of those diviners get out there into the populace or something. Probably not a full-scale Terrigen Bomb Over New York event, but enough so that they have a small handful of characters that could be learning at the not-Xavier's school.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

MikeJF posted:

Skye's sexy electric doctor as new lead character.

...actually, I could see that happening.

Premiering on the CW:

The INHUMAN Diaries

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
They say the kernel idea for the spin-off isn't yet in the show, so there's SOMETHING coming in the next few episodes that we don't know anything about yet. That said, I've been re-watching the show from the beginning for the first time since the series started. Pretty damned good with knowing what comes later on, I must say. Every single thing Garrett does pans out, along with Ward doing things like trying to kill May even after Lorelei had been collared. Love this show.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Electromax posted:

How do you spin off a < 2 year old show that only recently got enough momentum to start spinning itself?

I'd guess they're thinking maybe Inhumans show? No one really wants a 3rd iteration on the MCU procedurals after Agent C and Agent OS. I'm not coming up with any Shield characters like Carter that could handle a solo show.

Flash spun off of Arrow after its second season. And Marvel DOES have a whole bunch of movies + Agent Carter and Daredevil to borrow from.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Daredevil's tone seems super different from SHIELD. Like it's trying to be a gritty crime drama, or took it's influence from The Dark Knight franchise instead of the Marvel universe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Daredevil's tone seems super different from SHIELD. Like it's trying to be a gritty crime drama, or took it's influence from The Dark Knight franchise instead of the Marvel universe.

Maybe you're just unfamiliar with Daredevil. That's pretty much the tone of Daredevil and has been for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Robot Hobo posted:

A year later... nothing.

We don't actually have her age. It's entirely possible that she's been hanging around for hundreds of years. Doesn't discount your point, but it may have happened before terrigenesis was ritualized in the "old school" way.

• Locked thread