Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Slackerish posted:

What are some good episodes of Never Not Funny? I listened to Andy Daly's most recent appearance and it was fun but I didn't love it, is it maybe just not for me?

NNF is a podcast that I love regardless of the guest, but I'd say just download some eps with guests you like. My personal favourite NNF guests are PFT, Scotty Auks, Conan, Hamm, Daly, Dave Holmes, Rich Sommer and Todd Glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I think it's also a show that builds on you. If you have a road trip or a flight or something listen to a few consecutive episodes and see if it grabs you

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

tnimark posted:

NNF is a podcast that I love regardless of the guest, but I'd say just download some eps with guests you like. My personal favourite NNF guests are PFT, Scotty Auks, Conan, Hamm, Daly, Dave Holmes, Rich Sommer and Todd Glass.

Adding to these, Ben Schwartz and Laurie Kilmartin are both great guests too, but have only been on two or three times each.

Any episode with one of Jimmy's best friends are a good bet, so Mike Schmidt, Paul Gilmartin or Graham Elwood. Pat Francis is a little harder to like, but he's usually the best part of any live show, and he grows on you quick.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I didn't really 'get' Pat Francis early on, but he grew on me and now I really enjoy him.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Slackerish posted:

What are some good episodes of Never Not Funny? I listened to Andy Daly's most recent appearance and it was fun but I didn't love it, is it maybe just not for me?

The latest Matt Walsh one and Sinbad ones are great.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If you're having a hard time getting into Jimmy, you might also try these UCB shows

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Man the Who Charted this week is awful. Kitty Pride? Really?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Shnooks posted:

Man the Who Charted this week is awful. Kitty Pride? Really?

Weird, I thought she stopped being barely relevant at least a year ago

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
And they had a PUA on Professor Blastoff. Maybe Earwolf is celebrating April Fools all month.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am not a fan, but I am pretty sure Kitty is relevant enough for Who Charted

Fiendly posted:

And they had a PUA on Professor Blastoff. Maybe Earwolf is celebrating April Fools all month.

Somehow this might not be the worst guest they have ever had though.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm pretty sure Howard knows kitty somehow.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I'm pretty sure Howard knows kitty somehow.

He sounded so head-over-heals for her, she was...not interested.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

He's twice her age and his weirdness still surprises people who have been listening to him for hours a week for years.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Howard is 29 years old, how dare you.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
They should get Kreayshawn.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I thought she was OK but having the music chart just be all her songs wasn't a good decision. Except for Kanye, I feel like most musicians would kind of clam up if they were put on the spot. Especially since that segment is usually, "Here's a popular EDM song or a K-Pop song. Let's lightly make fun of it and then go off on a tangent."

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I almost slipped and told my boss a company "fuckbotched" their clinical trial today.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Sweet another music I4H ep. Before the first song: "this will probably be the saddest song you'll ever have to improv from"
:suicide:

Cut to a 10 minute discussion that's probably really great for an actual music podcast but it does not at all get me in the mood for wacky improv.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like how both Husky and Wengert are talking in general terms and Besser just really wants to know the name and address of the guy the song's about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zsinjeh posted:

Sweet another music I4H ep. Before the first song: "this will probably be the saddest song you'll ever have to improv from"
:suicide:

Cut to a 10 minute discussion that's probably really great for an actual music podcast but it does not at all get me in the mood for wacky improv.

Honestly despite me rolling my eyes at like 90% of the 'serious' things coming from Besser's mouth I do enjoy the occasional 'serious' tangent on the show just because sometimes the guests have some legitimate interesting stuff to share. Haven't listened to today's but looking at the guests I'm kinda interested in them talking about a song for a little bit between poop jokes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Honestly despite me rolling my eyes at like 90% of the 'serious' things coming from Besser's mouth I do enjoy the occasional 'serious' tangent on the show just because sometimes the guests have some legitimate interesting stuff to share. Haven't listened to today's but looking at the guests I'm kinda interested in them talking about a song for a little bit between poop jokes.
That's kind of my issue with the serious tangents. It's like trying to have chocolate milk with salt and vinegar chips. Both are great but I'd rather have them at two separate occasions.
yeah I said milk, eat poo poo Besser milk rules

e: Or rather not serious tangents, stuff previously like the rants and stuff is kind of funny. But when it's serious discussion about personally depressing stuff like really going into detail of why a relationship ended or being reminded of a personal tragedy I don't want to jump into the funny lake literally the next second. Not only talking about it but having a 3 minute soulful song with an acoustic guitar to really get you out of the funny mood.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 9, 2015

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's why I dislike the music episodes in general, even if the music is good - and same goes for things like Case Closed. I like steak and I like lucky charms. I don't want to alternate bites between the two.

Also, the artists have to hate this line of questioning, right? I'd be wildly uncomfortable if I had to explain the inspiration behind everything I've written or painted.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I haven't listened to Improv4Humans in a long time. What's the deal with Matt Besser and milk?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

His new intern said at one point that he drinks milk and Matt finds it hilarious that an adult would drink milk. I don't think he's really expanded upon why.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Drinking milk as an adult is gross. You are a gross adult if you a. pour milk into a glass and b. put that milk in your mouth.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Drinking milk as an adult is gross. You are a gross adult if you a. pour milk into a glass and b. put that milk in your mouth.

Are you calling Santa Claus gross

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If adults can pour some milk in a bucket with some cow guts and come back in a few months to eat it without that being gross, drinking it straight seems OK.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I'm not saying you should drink milk but studies seem to find taller people are more successful in life and in countries where dairy products are a daily staple of life for centuries (Scandinavia, Holland) being 6 foot 3 is considered slightly-taller-normal-guy. Co-incidence?!?!
Also vaccinations cause autism.
http://lostinstockholm.com/2010/02/22/mjolk-mjolk-mjolk-the-world-of-swedish-milk/ gimme all dis

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Fat Besser is an old man and is projecting his lactose intolerance onto the world. hosed up and it's why I ONLY preform at the annoyance theater.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

thexerox123 posted:

Are you calling Santa Claus gross

Santa is a gross fat creep who breaks into people's homes. gently caress Santa.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Is it because I poured you a glass of milk out of a mountain dew bottle?
RIP Birthday Boys the tv show

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
gently caress Besser. Milk rules.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i love besser because i have a really similar humor to him and type of personality but i can't not stand these milk opinons of his

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mr. Squishy posted:

RIP Birthday Boys the tv show

:smith:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
At least it went out on top. The Skeleton King is my favorite sketch from anything.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Seriously? Adults shouldn't drink milk?

Fortified milk is one of the, if not the major reasons rickets is gone, nevermind lowering rates of osteoporosis/adding minerals to diet/correcting for low VitD levels in high-melanin patients/ect.

What the hell, Besser?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Milk Argument

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Regardless of whether or not you think adults drinking milk is gross (it's not), the reason his opinion is so bizarre is that so many adults do drink milk. It's just such a strange opinion to have, it's like if someone thought it was hilarious for adults to eat carrots.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Besser brings back Crossballs just to debate this one topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Urk! posted:

Fortified milk is one of the, if not the major reasons rickets is gone, nevermind lowering rates of osteoporosis/adding minerals to diet/correcting for low VitD levels in high-melanin patients/ect.

Dairy industry lies! Plenty of other ways to get calcium+vitamins!