Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That guy needs a wedgie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Ah, see clearly he hosed up there. As you can clearly see its "The Trans (Prince Autobot symbol) More Than Meets the Eye! Formers." Common mistake.

Which is why it makes me furious to read anything from this pretender line of "Transformers."

Doctorwhat, what did you do to Menasor's calves there?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

They capitalize the T and F in the movie logos too, does that mean they're officially G1? Will he kill himself when he realizes?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Not a lot. I used one of the more advanced Blackjack fan-modes while keeping the Motormaster legs in the Motormaster-robot-mode configuration, with some knee-and-hip adjustments.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Man, every photo I see of Menasor shows him having some dinky feet.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

Man, every photo I see of Menasor shows him having some dinky feet.

That's a product of the handfeet being, well, dinky as feet.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

That's a product of the handfeet being, well, dinky as feet.

Yeah, now that I have the two completed, I am rethinking my pass on the third party hands and feet. The hand/feet really don't do the job as feet very well.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, now that I have the two completed, I am rethinking my pass on the third party hands and feet. The hand/feet really don't do the job as feet very well.

Not only that but Breakdown's handfoot is colored a slightly different shade of purple than the others.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Guys. Guys. Blackjack is awesome. Man, all of this size class (whatever it's called now) is awesome. Powerglide, Bombshell, ect. Very nice. I'm sad I haven't picked up more of them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, that whole line has been pretty great. If Hasbro dedicated itself to making every TF in that scale with that level of engineering I would never buy a deluxe again.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Knormal posted:

TFW2005.txt

The apollyon thread is particularly funny with all the :smug: going around trying to compare this MP-level figure to Hasbro's incredibly inferior offering for poor people with no real taste. I mean, I think both are very good figures but they're trying to fill different niches, have different budgets and aesthetics and it's OK to just pick up one of them, you don't need to justify your purchase by being a dick about the alternative. Reminds me of what I said a while ago about being content with Leader Magnus while admitting that the MP is an incredible product that fills a different place in any collection. It's like these dudes can't choose between two things without first fully convincing himself that the one they don't choose is complete garbage (see the 3p devastator wars... but actually don't even look it up because it was embarrassing).

Moving on, about the guy looking for a Prime Breakdown, I only managed to pick up the Silas version and I have to say, I was a bit let down with it. It feels oddly brittle and (this was common in the silas version it seems) it has some worrying QC issues, like some of the clear plastic that goes inside his abs was horribly warped and i had to straighten it using pliers. It's only visible during transformation but yeah. The transformation is cool but you need to be careful during it and he scales nicely since he's a pretty squat voyager. The animal weapons were a bit dumb (I also have the takara Prime Frenzy and Rumble). His head sits weirdly in the balljoint but I'm afraid to pop it off because it's clear plastic and it might break.

Still I don't regret getting it and it's not a bad toy, but the mold isn't as wonderful as I was led to believe.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Legends figures are pretty uniformly great. Except Tailgate/Windcharger, he's a hot kibble mess. They all feel nice and solid, good posability on all but Tailgate. I like how he looks, but there's very limited mobility with his shoulders and I guess I am a chafe-snob.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Legends figures are pretty uniformly great. Except Tailgate/Windcharger, he's a hot kibble mess. They all feel nice and solid, good posability on all but Tailgate. I like how he looks, but there's very limited mobility with his shoulders and I guess I am a chafe-snob.

Heheheh, you said chafes knob.

I suppose I'm a weirdo for not getting Bombshell and Powerglide, given the opportunity? I feel like I'm really frontloading my purchases this year with Superion and Menasor, and Leader Megs coming here soonish.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Phy posted:

Heheheh, you said chafes knob.

I suppose I'm a weirdo for not getting Bombshell and Powerglide, given the opportunity? I feel like I'm really frontloading my purchases this year with Superion and Menasor, and Leader Megs coming here soonish.

Yup, you are a weirdo. Actually I was of the same mind as you, but I saw how much people liked those guys so I grabbed them from Hasbro cause of all the sales they keep having. I have absolutely no regrets. They are really drat nice little guys.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yeah, Bombshell was so good I had to go and get Skrapnel just in case they make a third figure.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Legends at full Canadian retail are a pretty hard sell. 15~ for a tiny little dude is meh.

Also that Tfw2005 front page article freaking out about Amazon giving the saturation date is hilarious. It's like everyone is so accustomed to being lied to by the e-tailers that someone giving the actual Hasbro date fucks up their brains. Or it's a typo, but still, aaaaa freak out!

But they don't even blush when Robotkingdom promises wave 2 deluxes in mid-January.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The current legends class are all amazing. I have Tailgate, but not Windcharger, on the grounds that they did a better Windcharger not so long ago in the same scale. They've still yet to top this guy though :3:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The_Doctor posted:

The current legends class are all amazing. I have Tailgate, but not Windcharger, on the grounds that they did a better Windcharger not so long ago in the same scale. They've still yet to top this guy though :3:

What is that dude exactly?

And yeah agreed, all of the Generations Legends figures are absolutely fantastic. Tailgate/Windcharger is kinda iffy cause he's kind of a brick, but even then he's pretty rad looking.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

XavierGenisi posted:

What is that dude exactly?

And yeah agreed, all of the Generations Legends figures are absolutely fantastic. Tailgate/Windcharger is kinda iffy cause he's kind of a brick, but even then he's pretty rad looking.

:stonk:

That there, my son, is Breacher. From the section of the movie line where they were basically making fantastic Classics\Generations toys like Lugnut, Seaspray, and our little chum Breacher here. He's a scout/legends class toy, and is the most posable guy you're ever going to get. He's pretty much universally loved around these parts.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

:stonk:

That there, my son, is Breacher. From the section of the movie line where they were basically making fantastic Classics\Generations toys like Lugnut, Seaspray, and our little chum Breacher here. He's a scout/legends class toy, and is the most posable guy you're ever going to get. He's pretty much universally loved around these parts.

He was also repainted as Brawl under GDO Generations.

Also Lugnut and Breacher were under different lines. :colbert: Breacher was from the HFTD part.

There was going to be a third breacher repaint to go with RTS Deepdive but it was canceled.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Breacher's only sin are his hands. Otherwise, he's rather fantastic.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There was some insane production materials math that went on when hasbro repainted beast Wars molds and sold them as movie walmart exclusives at a regular deluxe price point. But apparently older molds(even those made with more plastic) turn out to be cheaper still to manufacture because they have less advanced tooling and they already have that poo poo on hand.

This is why we got Protectobots Red Hotspot a Universe 2.0/RTS mold released last year under generations which I think was also made so the copyright doesn't lapse. More Breachers dressed as better guys can easily be done. Grappel was released the same year as breacher.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Breacher's only sin are his hands. Otherwise, he's rather fantastic.

But you can peg his cannon and give him a blaster arm.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Scout Hubcap and later Windcharger were pretty fantastic as well.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

And you can clip his arm kibble to his hand as a shield and turn him into a little robot Captain America.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Inexplicably colored re-releases!

Takara Menasors! (Dragstrip is almost entirely yellow and they painted part of his arms black so... it looks like the extra set of wheels maybe? If you're drunk.)

Awfully mistransformed Devastators the size of a toddler!

What the gently caress

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the re-issue blitzwing is apparently scaled up from what I understand.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is he trying to make the same face as Devy

And man that Menasor is ... Not really much of anything

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

the re-issue blitzwing is apparently scaled up from what I understand.

You understand wrongly

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Is he trying to make the same face as Devy

And man that Menasor is ... Not really much of anything

Menasor has the best deluxes out of the first two waves. and Motormaster looks really good by himself.

The Prime mold's torso mode really needed more work. Even Hotspot's torso mode is rock solid from what I understand, they really should have used a unique mold instead of retooling a guy. Not only that Blackjack just doesn't stay in which really does show that the mold needed to be developed more.

Blackheart posted:

You understand wrongly

What's this then?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The Taint Reaper posted:

What's this then?

That must be a WST or something because while all my G1 stuff is packed away at my folks and I can't confirm\deny his size, I'm pretty sure he's bigger than the individual Combaticons.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yep it's the WST.

TFW mentions the colors might be inspired by Flywheels for Blitzwing and Machtackle (never heard of him) for Astrotrain. The only question left is WHY

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Yep it's the WST.

TFW mentions the colors might be inspired by Flywheels for Blitzwing and Machtackle (never heard of him) for Astrotrain. The only question left is WHY

Sure seems like it. As for why, no loving clue, dude. The Blitzwing actually looks pretty good, but that Astrotrain looks kinda rear end. Like it's a knockoff.

I already own the originals so this doesn't bug me or anything. Hell, part of me is tempted to get it for that Blitzwing if I could ever find room for my G1 poo poo in my apartment.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'll have to admit that I don't really hate Astrotrain in those colors. I've had and liked more weirdly colored transformers. And yeah Blitzwing does look very cool like that. It won't happen but if I ever caught that set for cheap I'd totally buy it for nostalgia.

I just looked at machtackle over tfwiki (it's actually a combiner?) and yeah it makes a lot of sense now.

e: guy makes completely innocent question, ppl get mad about IDW

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 9, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Menasor has the best deluxes out of the first two waves. and Motormaster looks really good by himself.

The Prime mold's torso mode really needed more work. Even Hotspot's torso mode is rock solid from what I understand, they really should have used a unique mold instead of retooling a guy. Not only that Blackjack just doesn't stay in which really does show that the mold needed to be developed more.]

Motormaster is the original, though. Prime is the retool. I agree that a little more work could be put into both, though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Between that Blitzwing repaint and the Botcon Springer remold, this year is the most action the Duocons have seen since the '80s.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I mean you have two points of interest:

IDW stuff really isn't that popular, but then again I don't think Generations in general is a hot selling line anyway, so you have people being really angry that their dream G1 comic book of the exact same story being retold isn't being shipped out. Which leads to point two: God the salt. So much salt.

Unrelated but the whole "They can't make the DJD because of the altmodes" thing is so ridiculous. So turn them into a plane and a truck but make the robot modes authentic. People will buy them anyway. The bigger point is the DJD just isn't that popular and doesn't have that much G1 overlap. But I guess the fandom doesn't really want to hear that.

I'd be shocked if Roberts doesn't kill them all by the end of this arc anyway.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I mean you have two points of interest:

IDW stuff really isn't that popular, but then again I don't think Generations in general is a hot selling line anyway,

See, you say that, but it's the movie and RID15 stuff sitting on pegs, while the CW/Generations waves vanish as soon as they go out.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
He is going through the "process" with them. First make them interesting, then make them "lovable" with antics, then brutal murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
nickel kind of went in the other direction of being funny at first but then being the one who realizes tarn's not powering up but trying to kill himself and rescues him and then has the tragic backstory.