Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Can any of them bowl fast? I'm going to put this info on my resume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

Can any of them bowl fast? I'm going to put this info on my resume

Vohra is a medium sized unit with beautiful hands who can hit a long ball.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Also he may or may not be able to bowl a heavy ball with a new cherry.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Big unit or bust imo

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Dwayne Smith FTB continuing his fine WC form.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
IPL facepalm

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What's the name of that big Indian lad that was on the England tour? Bowled nicely and got absolutely gently caress all off it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

What's the name of that big Indian lad that was on the England tour? Bowled nicely and got absolutely gently caress all off it.

Moeen Ali?

E. Samit Patel

freddiestarfish
Dec 4, 2005
I LIKE RABBITS
Brendon McLollum

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
How is that guy on -8 in the fantasy league

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

goatface posted:

Pankaj Singh, I believe.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pankaj, that's the fellah. I liked him, he looked like he could go somewhere, but he was already in his late 20s.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

Pankaj, that's the fellah. I liked him, he looked like he could go somewhere, but he was already in his late 20s.

I seem to recall he had the worst ever figures by a bowler in history. Or something similar.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
0 for 177 runs off 47 overs, I think it's the worst figures for a player on debut, not sure about ever. He was one of their better looking bowlers.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Wow that was close.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

1.6 million pounds for an over the hill Yuvraj Singh who comes in at no. 6 and does gently caress all. Highest paid player this season. :bravo:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Trott's got out for 2, against one of the village team. Nine balls faced in two days.

He's going to save England so hard.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
lol the only bowlers that have managed to take wickets today are from the St Kitts team - apparently Wood and Plunkett aren't the saviours of English cricket

e: and Cook retired out after scoring a 92 ball 22

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
You see the ECB hired a PR guy and so this is all about lowering expectations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ritchie benaud passed away in his sleep last night.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Ritchie Benaud RIP :smith:

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
RIP Mr. Benaud

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Oh dear. RIP Richie

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Spedman posted:

Ritchie Benaud RIP :smith:

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Oh dear - a true legend. Time for pull up the stumps and go have tea with Don. RIP

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poor Ritchie. He was a giant of Australian sports media

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That's awful news. Summer in Australia will never quite be the same.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Thats not marvelous at all

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

RIP Richie, cricket will never be the same

I'm glad there is no cricket on nine currently so the current hacks don't butcher his legacy

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Poor Richie. Marvelous innings,though.

I wonder what Ch9 will do now what was essentially their only redeeming feature is no longer with us?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Poor Richie, genuinely sad news :smith:

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

gay picnic defence posted:

I wonder what Ch9 will do now what was essentially their only redeeming feature is no longer with us?

They'll release a very bad straight to dvd special/documentary to cash in, then give the keys to Iain Healy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Well, gently caress that sucks. Good innings all things said, it's rare to be a man almost everyone admires.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

gay picnic defence posted:

The will sell a commerative signed photo limited run for 10k each

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
RIP Richie :( I was hoping over the past couple of years for one more commentary stint but that's not to be :( A huge part of my cricket watching life is over.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
"Following the 1956 tour of England, Benaud spent two weeks training at BBC Television where he learned the first law of commentating, which is to say nothing unless you can add to the picture on the screen."

I'm not a praying man, but I pray that future commentators can follows these words of wisdom.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Byolante posted:

The will sell a commerative signed photo limited run for 10k each

Holy poo poo they are totally going to do this and it's going to be terrible

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Noxin of Shame posted:

"Following the 1956 tour of England, Benaud spent two weeks training at BBC Television where he learned the first law of commentating, which is to say nothing unless you can add to the picture on the screen."

I'm not a praying man, but I pray that future commentators can follows these words of wisdom.

Get with the times grandpa, it's all Yes Bank Maximums and big units from here on out

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://youtu.be/ULp1mkalFQI

:sadwave: bye summer grandad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Well that sucks. Now there's really only Ian Chappell and Bill Lawry left from the old school.

@smurray38 on Twitter posted:

One of the remarkable things about Richie is that you would never have learnt of his cricketing achievements from his own commentary