Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
On playing Pokemon Rumble World:

Good:
-Seems like a lot of content so far
-Magic leaf = god mode, seriously, it's broken.
-You can earn Diamonds in game for doing things
-it's decent fun, in the wander around press buttons and watch things die type of games
-Diamonds seem cheap.

Bad:
-To go to new zones you need to ride hot air balloons to them. This is where the horseshit starts. Hot air Balloons cost diamonds to unlock
- When you get to a zone you roulette wheel where you go, which dictates the type of Pokemon you see.
-Once you have finished the zone, the hot air balloon you have just ridden goes on cooldown. This can be upwards of 50 minutes (lowest looks like 20 minutes) You can pay to reset the cooldown.
-If you die you must either quit, or pay 2 diamonds to keep going. There are no "lives," either don't die or pay out if you die.
-There are some horseshit deaths and status effects. One is an immobilization, which usually puts the enemies in range to attack, but not you. The sweat condition causes you to pause before attacking.
-Co-op looks to be a "once for free," then you have to pay to play with them. Not sure if you pay real money or just in-game money, either way, seems dumb.
-Lots of reskinned zones.
-You are limited in the amount of Pokemon you can have one you at once (30 at the start) and have to pay for more (2 diamonds for 30 extra).
-There's no real way to test a move, so if you enter a zone and the move you haven't tested sucks, you need to run to a corner and hope you have enough time to switch to something with a move that works.
-Switching still takes 3 seconds and is interruptible, which can lead to horseshit deaths.
-Zones are to short to really let you put enough room between you and the enemies, especially at the start, so most switch out will be "hot."

It's not terrible, but it feels like a money grab. You can really tell where someone went, "No, do this, so they'll have to pay us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bear in mind if you get Mario Golf for your free gift you will inevitably have to buy the $15 DLC pack for it so you have more than 3 courses to play

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

precision posted:

Bear in mind if you get Mario Golf for your free gift you will inevitably have to buy the $15 DLC pack for it so you have more than 3 courses to play

There's another 7 that you unlock, only 9 hole courses except for 1, so I guess it's more like the game has 7, but yeah, the DLC has 6 more 18 hole courses and is pretty drat great.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So when do New Releases tend to go up on the Nintendo E-shop (or whatever it's called)? I don't expect them to do midnight releases online because lol Nintendo just wondering when I should check tomorrow.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nintendo's first-party games have been getting midnight online releases for years now. Midnight EST, specifically.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Totally forgot that Xenoblade was due out tomorrow. Just got a shipment email as a reminder. I'm kinda excited.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Doesn't it get a preload too? That would be pretty rad if I was getting it digitally.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think they've worked out preload for 3ds games yet.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Nintendo's first-party games have been getting midnight online releases for years now. Midnight EST, specifically.

Oh sweet. I need to check my time zones then. I wish they announced they released it Midnight CT since I am in the middle y'know (middle of nowhere).

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, Xenoblade won out in the end. Decided to finally get a New 3DS because of the release tomorrow. Was insanely surprised when the local game shop told me they would take my Zelda Link Between Worlds 3DS for $138 in store credit. That seems like an crazy good deal. I can't pass up the upgrade for $80.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

littleorv posted:

Oh sweet. I need to check my time zones then. I wish they announced they released it Midnight CT since I am in the middle y'know (middle of nowhere).

But instead you get it at 11pm CST/CDT. Why would you want it to take an hour longer?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Variable_H posted:

But instead you get it at 11pm CST/CDT. Why would you want it to take an hour longer?

I don't know my time zones OKAY.

yay!

Edit: I just checked my other posts and holy poo poo does my grammar suck

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just noticed the Xenoblade release, myself. Anyone know much much they're changing with the game? I never got any farther than getting Rikki in my team, and haven't tried to play it since.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Edit: ^ $40.

Xenoblade's 3DS themes are out for NA now.

One plays Gaur Plains's Day Theme (the Monado one) and the other plays the Main Theme (the Mechonis). Sadly they only play the first minute of the Main Theme for the Mechonis one. I got both.

Also there's a spring sale and among other things Kirby Triple Deluxe is $10 off.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ciaphas posted:

I just noticed the Xenoblade release, myself. Anyone know much much they're changing with the game? I never got any farther than getting Rikki in my team, and haven't tried to play it since.

I don't think they're changing a thing. They're adding a model viewer and maybe something else, but other than that, they're the same.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

But hey guys if you buy the Shulk amiibo it does a thing that you can also do with street pass or something :geno:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Ciaphas posted:

Outside of the little omake things on the main menu, the only noticable differences are :

The option for Japanese voices is gone
The option to toggle subtitles is gone (they're permanantly on)
The UI is different, because things which used to be arranged around the edges of the screen are now all moved to the bottom screen

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Also they fixed the bug from the original version where a weapon's max damage was capped at minimum damage + 99, regardless of what the damage range was supposed to be.

The result of this is that so far (just got to Gaur Plain) Reyn is completely unable to keep aggro off of Shulk, I think I need to find a more damaging weapon for him. The Monado's pretty powerful when it can use its full damage range! :v:

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

there is an option to turn off subtitles in the settings

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tyma posted:

The option for Japanese voices is gone

Good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's not a moral choice, just a space saving measure.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I wish I enjoyed replaying games, Xenoblade was great. First time I ever stopped playing a game just to listen to the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvWPzAg8Ig

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

greatn posted:

It's not a moral choice, just a space saving measure.

It's obviously both.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Suaimhneas posted:

Also they fixed the bug from the original version where a weapon's max damage was capped at minimum damage + 99, regardless of what the damage range was supposed to be.

The result of this is that so far (just got to Gaur Plain) Reyn is completely unable to keep aggro off of Shulk, I think I need to find a more damaging weapon for him. The Monado's pretty powerful when it can use its full damage range! :v:

At L25, Shulk rattles off 5000+ damage in back attacks, while Reyn's doing high three digits.
Good luck trying to keep hate off Shulk. (Have to use hate-relieving and hate-taking skills a lot more--it is the way it should be.)

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Mario Golf owns and I'm glad I got it :allears:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Mario Golf owns and I'm glad I got it :allears:

I don't know if I recommended it to you but you're loving welcome :colbert:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what the hell is rodea the sky soldier

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Awesome! posted:

what the hell is rodea the sky soldier

Action game by Yuji Naka, one of the creators of Sonic the Hedgehog. It looks kind of neat and seems to be similar to NiGHTS into Dreams.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I saw vid of Xeno on Dolphin.

Then I looked at 3ds.

Then I looked at my 24 inch monitor.

Then I looked at my 4 inch 3ds screen.

Then I downloaded Dolphin...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

banned for filez

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Waltzing Along posted:

I saw vid of Xeno on Dolphin.

Then I looked at 3ds.

Then I looked at my 24 inch monitor.

Then I looked at my 4 inch 3ds screen.

Then I downloaded Dolphin...

mods???

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I could never get it working right, either it was lagged to poo poo or the sound was behind the video by about 1/3 of a second. Doesn't sound like much but it was chalkboard-screech levels of aggravating

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Yes! There are mods!

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-xenoblade-chronicles-hd-texture-pack-v6-2-march-25-2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

linking to actual poo poo is probably not smart

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

linking to actual poo poo is probably not smart

To a texture pack? Where's the :filez: ?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's a mod for filez so...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

it's a mod for filez so...

Meh, I'll take my chances. :colbert:

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

gently caress dolphin.

xenoblade in bed, motherfuckers

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
3U on 3DS was better than 3U on Wii U because the 3D effect was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

I just finished chapter 17 of Kid Icarus Uprising. Man, I wish Pyrrhon was in this game more, in the few chapters he was in he quickly become my favorite character. So far this game seems to really enjoy its one off character. Like, I figured Magnus would have showed up more then once so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if Poseidon never showed up again.