Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Ephedra posted:

I have a smurf account (not smurfing too much) that I ended up silver 3 only using an xbox controller. I am just so awful at aiming with one.. I applaud anyone who can use a controller. That poo poo just breaks my brain.

I know someone who plays with a 360 controller and is a silver elite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

HiipFire posted:

I know someone who plays with a 360 controller and is a silver elite

My problem is at half time when someone 11 year old on the other team starts calling us or me the N word, f*g ect ect.. I just start using my mouse.. I can't help myself.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

Viyerkoichv posted:

I really like the Steelseries Rival for a mouse. It's lightweight, precise, responsive and generally feels much better than my old Logitech G400S. Oh and I got better at CS as soon as I received my QCK+ mousepad.

The rival is one of the heaviest mice in the world. Not saying that makes it bad, but it's not light be any stretch.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

henne posted:

I played some some dm/goonmans with capsloc for fire and liked it. Sometimes I'd double bind it with mouse1 and use both for different things.

See, I used caps for my mic button, which worked well until the end of the round, where I became swiftly frustrated over !READY not working in the chat.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
You stupid, ugly, dirty nasty bitches were not frontin' about that REcoil Master map. It's pretty well made

Only thing that could possibly help it is if somehow someone were able to make one that follows a moving target a bit (I realize great players don't usually follow with sprays, but everyone moves a little bit most of the time)

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Funny you say that, I was thinking the same. So I messed about with the "training bots" map with moving targets for a while today. Once you get the muscle memory down really tight on your spray you can follow the target mid spray and adjust without thinking. Give it a try!

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
The Importance of Recoil patterns is overstated and not super useful in csgo imo

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
^^My experience has been that unless you headshot the dude in the first 4-5 bullets with a rifle you're done anyways. Even in MM with people who don't use me as a mop I rarely ever get to spray. Unless we're talking SMGs.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

You stupid, ugly, dirty nasty bitches were not frontin' about that REcoil Master map. It's pretty well made

Only thing that could possibly help it is if somehow someone were able to make one that follows a moving target a bit (I realize great players don't usually follow with sprays, but everyone moves a little bit most of the time)

The dude keeps adding stuff too. Now if you look up from the target there's a screen with the recoil path for the gun you're holding (if supported) so you can see what it looks like instead of just trying to play follow the leader.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

The Importance of Recoil patterns is overstated and not super useful in csgo imo

It's one of CS: Go's most fun mechanics. You could just learn to position correctly, get gamesense, and good one tap/burst aim, or you could develop autism about the recoil patterns like a cool dude

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Crain posted:

^^My experience has been that unless you headshot the dude in the first 4-5 bullets with a rifle you're done anyways. Even in MM with people who don't use me as a mop I rarely ever get to spray. Unless we're talking SMGs.

The dude keeps adding stuff too. Now if you look up from the target there's a screen with the recoil path for the gun you're holding (if supported) so you can see what it looks like instead of just trying to play follow the leader.

I saw that, I recognized it from a website where someone got a bunch of bots to shoot at a target, recorded where they hit, and did a regression to find out the average spot of the nth bullet's hit. Nerdy poo poo

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
slime you have been reduced to an anonymous someone who made some nerdy poo poo.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Crain posted:

Learning how much and how far to pull the gun down is useful, but the left/right pattern is pretty useless

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

n0thing went into detail about this and said that although good players do routinely do long bursts, you should kill someone by the time the spray goes right or you just hosed up. If a spray is about to whiff and require a compensation to the left, you should probably have given up on the spray and done a quick stutter step, maybe a duck, and burst again. However there are times where you do want to spray, but it's rare situations like being the front defender to a rush, like being around grill or near banana defending from a quick 4-5 rush from banana.

But anyhow even if you want to play super proper counter strike, it's still a good map because you can use it to learn the first 8-10 bullets, which are mostly vertical with a slight right and significant left movement, and just hit reset after those 10 bullets. Super good for new players

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 9, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
I'm just saying I think spray downs are less common and sustained firefights usually give you time for a reset if someone hasn't already died at the start. It's not really that different just less heh, viable, at least with rifles and not the joke of gunfight that pistols and smgs are.

Also wall banging has far less utility in far less maps

Just knowing how much and which direction to initially pull down with whatever weapon is enough, you can feel it out after that. Seriously id be surprised if anybody imagines or memorizes the patterns and strength of recoil for each gun for any given distance, instead of It doing it on feel/sight

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 10, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
Just circle strafe and spam duck and bind mwheel to +fire actually

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
Add another tier of weapons and equipment that includes damage and status modifiers please plz

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I'm just saying I think spray downs are less common and sustained firefights usually give you time for a reset if someone hasn't already died at the start. It's not really that different just less heh, viable, at least with rifles and not the joke of gunfight that pistols and smgs are.

Also wall banging has far less utility in far less maps

Just knowing how much and which direction to initially pull down with whatever weapon is enough, you can feel it out after that. Seriously id be surprised if anybody imagines or memorizes the patterns and strength of recoil for each gun for any given distance, instead of It doing it on feel/sight

full spray downs are ridiculously uncommon, I'm at 140 wins now and in all my games I've only had one situation where I got some crazy spraydown multikill, which was 4 kills in one AK mag defending B from catwalk on Mirage

e: next update, crosshairs removed, unlockable iron sights and eotech tacticool poo poo added

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 10, 2015

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

Add another tier of weapons and equipment that includes damage and status modifiers please plz

add a leveling system with unlockable traits and powers

* remote bomb planting: chuck it and run!
* bomb disposal robotics: treaded chassis with 500hp and armor
* birkenstawp sandals: gyrostabilized for point-perfect jumpshots

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

big rear end hat that looks like a loving squid with a thousand faces so you dont know which face to shoot and you think you got a headshot but really that was just another tentacleface

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I saw that, I recognized it from a website where someone got a bunch of bots to shoot at a target, recorded where they hit, and did a regression to find out the average spot of the nth bullet's hit. Nerdy poo poo

that nerdy poo poo was made by my GOOD friend slime. His dad talks about me at dinner im not kidding

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

astr0man posted:

slime you have been reduced to an anonymous someone who made some nerdy poo poo.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
Turn ons- a decent chance of being run down even under advantageous conditions,

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
still the best spray https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOwlfCsvdwg

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Slumpy posted:

that nerdy poo poo was made by my GOOD friend slime. His dad talks about me at dinner im not kidding

is he internet poster Slime Dad

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
he's a slime

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
*makes slime noises*

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

mcvey posted:

*makes slime noises*

It's rude to impersonate your mother

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Ephedra posted:

I don't understand why jump scouting is still in the game.. Or jumping with any gun.

They had to do something to make the scout worth buying, and the ability to do something the AWP/auto can't is pretty drat good. The real problem is you can't loving hit them because 64-tick

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

This game is bad now. The Tec-9 buff might have been annoying, but CSGO was still alright with it. This SMG buff is hilarious garbage and I know drat well it will not be fixed for months.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
http://gfycat.com/EvergreenHomelyArabianwildcat

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

lol loving csgo is bad

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

astr0man posted:

What's happening to us

We're fading away

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Simple CS: Go patch, from a trash tier garbage player of two months

Double the first shot accuracy on all rifles, this will be a T sided buff because the AK one-dinks.

All pistols except the deagle do at most 90 damage with a point blank headshot.

Deagle probably doesn't need a buff if this is done, it'll be the best pistol again in the hands of a skilled player, maybe very slightly decrease the reset time but probably not necessary

Halve pistol and SMG accuracy in mid-air. Slightly reduce scout accuracy in mid-air.

Make decoy grenade shoot out party streamers instead of fake gunshots

Slightly increase frag radius and significantly increase frag grenade damage to the armor but not to health

All these changes seem to be what I've seen people calling for, they seem pretty basic, especially the rifle thing since T side could use a slight buff and rifles should be more powerful in comparison to SMGs and pistols

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Fat Lou posted:

lol loving csgo is bad

demo ticks arent accurate and

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Make decoy grenade shoot out party streamers instead of fake gunshots

I like it all except this. Instead, make the decoy grenade play the negev sound, no matter what weapon the player has. Also double the damage it does when it impacts a player and when it explodes because gently caress it why not?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Lacedaemonius posted:

I like it all except this. Instead, make the decoy grenade play the negev sound, no matter what weapon the player has. Also double the damage it does when it impacts a player and when it explodes because gently caress it why not?

Oh yeah, good idea. ALso if you throw your pistol, and it hits someone, it should do lets say 5 damage because that poo poo is metal.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Oh yeah, good idea. ALso if you throw your pistol, and it hits someone, it should do lets say 5 damage because that poo poo is metal.

Fuckin' A, unless it's the Deag. If you throw your Deag and it hits their head it should do 99 damage unless it has 4 stickers, then the increased mass/weight makes it 100.

e: Also srs for a moment, going back to the original suggestion; I just realized, the part about buffing first shot(s) rifle accuracy? That's a big nerf for the SG since the accuracy is what sells it over the AK. It would need a buff to compensate.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i was almost proud of how much ive played this game.

almost

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Necc0 posted:

What's happening to us

We're fading away

S O M E O N E H E L P!

S O M E O N E H E L P!

S O M E O N E H E L P!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Lacedaemonius posted:

Fuckin' A, unless it's the Deag. If you throw your Deag and it hits their head it should do 99 damage unless it has 4 stickers, then the increased mass/weight makes it 100.

e: Also srs for a moment, going back to the original suggestion; I just realized, the part about buffing first shot(s) rifle accuracy? That's a big nerf for the SG since the accuracy is what sells it over the AK. It would need a buff to compensate.

That's true but it's pretty silly if you are good enough to click headshots from T long that you cant kill some guy barrels on dust2 sometimes because the randomness of the ak will often cause a perfect headshot to miss at that range. It's one of the handful of reasons AWPs are so good now (they were always good, but not always that good)

I have no clue what to do with the SG because I never use those.. I also have no clue what to do about pistols but they clearly need some thought beyond the one-dinking and jumpshot problems

Smoke grenades and grenades in general have been something where the pro scene has wanted a re-work of some sort but it's so hard to know what to change without potentially ruining the game there

• Locked thread