Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I seem to be doing something which makes my teams implode on themselves, I just can't string together any wins at all. It took me 8 games to get a win in my Chi-To today. I'm usually ok in my Pershing, 55% wr in it, took me 6 games to get a win. gently caress this game.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BadLlama posted:

Wheres my BP/Caer premium tank at.

VV IS-6 is good but I find it boring.

Also jesus christ do 13 90's have a built in code that any full bloom shot you take will automatically go to the very edges? I am missing poo poo at 20 meters its crazy.
I have like 70% accuracy on my 13 90, the only times I miss are due to depression issues while circling an opponent, or when I am running past their sides and the turret can't traverse fast enough and I'm watching the terrain and blind firing with autolock. The gun seems reliable as hell to my limited experience.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Firing on the move is incredibly painful in the 13 90, I avoid it as much as I can.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agrajag posted:

If you have a Russian heavy crew, sure.

Yeah, I've got an IS-3. I do already have the churchill as far as "something to throw my crew in" goes, but if they're gonna end the IS-6 I'm tempted. That or a CDC probably, don't feel like spending the gold for both.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Chinese medium grind is awful but I don't want to level the light and heavy tree as well.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Azhais posted:

Yeah, I've got an IS-3. I do already have the churchill as far as "something to throw my crew in" goes, but if they're gonna end the IS-6 I'm tempted. That or a CDC probably, don't feel like spending the gold for both.

It's probably the best Tier 8 premium. Troll armor, good firepower, decent mobility the only real downside is it's sub standard pen which isn't that bad considering it's got pref mm and will being doing most of it's work close up. Out of all the T8 premiums the best ones to own IMO are the IS-6 and the FCM so If wargaming really does push to get rid of the limited mm tanks then I would strongly consider one or both if you can spare the cash.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

BadLlama posted:

The Chinese medium grind is awful but I don't want to level the light and heavy tree as well.

Lol you fell for the pubbie trap. That is the absolute worst thing you can do to yourself.

The one true way(tm) to do the Chinese tree is to do the medium last. If you don't unlock the 113 or play the lights in advance you're looking at a 219k (I think, it is over 200k for sure) exp grind until you get the gun for the WZ-120, then more for the engine.

The T-34-2 is the only real poo poo tank in the medium line, the Type 58 is good, the T-34-1 is up there with the Comet (for very different reasons), and the 120 and 121 are good. But the 34-2 is really, really poo poo.

Either stockpile a fuckton of exp or at least go through the lights. The 59-16 has a funny gimmick (shoot all APCR out of the 76mm and be a vulture) while the 131 and 132 are solid, even if the 132 is overshadowed by the 251 now. On the heavy side the 111 1-4 more or less competes with the E-75 for the title of top t9 heavy (for different reasons). Though that was before the 4502B got buffed into the stratosphere.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Too bad? The heavy line is great and will possibly be one of the best lines if the 113 gets buffed a lot and the Type 58 becomes as good as the 34-85 it's cloned from. The WZ-132 is horrendous, but only because I've played the RU-251. I rather enjoyed it until I played a tank that is better in every way and gets the same matchmaking.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
http://wotreplays.com/site/1783007#malinovka-steelion-m46_patton

Patton is a very nice tank, even if I did whiff a third of my shots completely. ~6.5k directly, and another 2k spotting.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have the IS-2 and while I enjoyed the IS I am just bored of that type of tank so its hard to grind it. But if the 113 is getting buffed that might be a good decision to level.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

I've been hording my CW gold, at 8k right now. What tanks should I shoot for buying? I already got:

T-25, Church 3, EXCELSIOR!, 122-44, T34, FCM and CDC.

I was thinking on just hording more just in case the T54 Proto is as balling as people say.

get a 112

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

KV-2 tier VI game, I one-shot two KV-2s (which was really, really funny) and murder three other tanks (including an M6) for a total of 2500 dmg - so I guess that means my team has to make up for this and kill nobody so we could still lose. Tsssss.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
A T49 nailed my Cent7/1 in the turret for over 1000 damage from about 300m+. Its incredible how often those seem to nail long range shots they probably shouldn't.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Aramoro posted:

I seem to be doing something which makes my teams implode on themselves, I just can't string together any wins at all. It took me 8 games to get a win in my Chi-To today. I'm usually ok in my Pershing, 55% wr in it, took me 6 games to get a win. gently caress this game.

Well next time invite me to platoon, even coughing up a lung while off work with the flu I managed a 65%+ winrate solo. http://www.wotinfo.net/en/recent?playerid=501219137&server=EU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

A T49 nailed my Cent7/1 in the turret for over 1000 damage from about 300m+. Its incredible how often those seem to nail long range shots they probably shouldn't.

Literally never aim and you'll get shots like that half the time.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

R. Mute posted:

KV-2 tier VI game, I one-shot two KV-2s (which was really, really funny) and murder three other tanks (including an M6) for a total of 2500 dmg - so I guess that means my team has to make up for this and kill nobody so we could still lose. Tsssss.

wot.txt

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

And now I'm on Steppes and I'm apparently the only one who thought of going west, so I get in a defensive position, shoot a passing Panther in his side for 900 dmg and ram him for 100 more. Then a T29 shows up, I shoot him in the side for a poo poo ton of damage, set him on fire, ram him and leave him at 29hp. Then I duly die. We've won while I was writing this post and I did top damage with two shots, haha. 2225 damage. KV-2 best tank.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Desuwa posted:

The 59-16 has a funny gimmick (shoot all APCR out of the 76mm and be a vulture)

The 59-16 is a ton of fun in T6 strongholds because of the gofast meta. Try it sometime. KV-85's are annoying though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

TheFluff posted:

The 59-16 is a ton of fun in T6 strongholds because of the gofast meta. Try it sometime. KV-85's are annoying though.

Yeah I played it in strongholds and it was pretty fun. Even APCR from the autoloader has problems with sides of T-150 and KV-s though it seemed.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

[...] and the Type 58 becomes as good as the 34-85 it's cloned from.

Prav posted:

I've read some very disconcerting opinions about the Type 58 in this thread, people (using the term loosely) who think that it's not - at least - on par with the T-34-85.

I'm pretty sure that this issue at it's core comes from you lot being a bunch of coddled babies who can't function without infinite AP pen and whose assessment of a tank starts and ends with if it can AP pen a tier +2 heavy tank from the front.

And I mean sure, who doesn't like ramming their gun into someone's lower front to achieve penetration over and over and over until you're rewarded with a satisfying explosion? But there's more to tanking than just that, more opportunities, and additional areas to be seen to. A medium-tank favorite is rubbing up to the others side and staying very, very close, grinding up and down their side. So close that you can hear - almost feel - their

... I think I'm getting side-tracked here. Anyway. Type 58 against the T-34-85. They're both basically similar tanks that do the same things in the same manner, and they're both pretty decent at it. The deal is that the T-34-85 has a more powerful gun and engine, while the Type 58 does just about everything else a little better. Refer to this graphic for details:

I'll be glossing over armor because really, it's the same drat thing on both tanks; the turret front tends to bounce glancing shells but otherwise you don't have armor.

Let's start with camo. As anyone with taste can see, the Type 58 is significantly cuter in all setups:
Gallery, Type 58
Gallery, T-34-85

Well OK the Soviet desert camo is pretty sweet as well. But we can see that the 58 is the sweetest lil' cutie.

Next, health. I believe this chart says all that needs to be said:

Clear, overwhelming advantage for the Type 58. No but a little seriously, more HP is always a good thing and you're way more likely to survive two D-25s or three 90 mm M3s in the 58 than in the T-34-85.

We've also got view range, where I've got another chart showing the 58's clear and crushing dominance.

Just look at that. Oh wait you can't because you're in a T-34-85!:iceburn:

Moving on, we see that neither tank can turn on the spot and both have identical somewhat-above-average track bloom and very low track HP. Fairly weak areas for both, but there's no advantage to either here. Next up, mobility, horsepower and passability.

I'll just say it straight: the T-34-85 has a more powerful engine. Enough so to overcome the tank's heavier weight. Now as much as I want to, I won't claim that 16 is a bigger number than 17,8. But god help me I'll try. See, the answer lies in passability, especially over medium ground, where the Type 58 has a nontrivial advantage.

Now passability/ground resistance is a tricky stat that works as a multiplier on base ground resistance (friction). We don't actually know that value other than indirectly by experience. But at it's base a bad (high) ground resistance (extreme case: IS-7) makes your tank gain speed significantly more slowly as you increase in speed and bleed a fair bit when turning, while a low ground resistance (extreme case: T-62A) makes your tank feel a little more floaty and relatively slow to accelerate while maintaining speed very well.

Lower is purely better here unless you're in a T71 and don't enjoy powersliding around corners (in which case you're a terrible person. Just fyi.).

Anyway in the comparison that we're looking at here we have a tank with higher hp/t and mediocre passability against a tank with pretty good passability but a bit lower lower hp/t. In practice this means that the T-34-85 accelerates quicker at low speeds, but at mid-high speeds the Type 58 will overtake it. Hills are mostly a wash, unless they're really steep in which case the T-34-85 will get up them slightly faster. But really you should have better things to do than pretend your 7/5° gun dep tank is a mountain goat.

Looking at this I have to say that the T-34-85 makes slightly better tradeoffs here, even with how annoying 1,3 med. pass. is on a medium (cf. Pershing, 3002DB). Thankfully, as always, the Type 58 rewards us for putting up with it's shortcomings by having a nice advantage in traverses, especially on the tracks where frankly the T-34-85 is kinda sluggish at 38°/s. As much as I love the Cromwell, a medium tank shouldn't be less agile than an old man with Parkinson's (cf. my dad, who still turns considerably quicker than 38°/s).

Next, the big one: the gun. Ok, are you ready for this?

The Type 58 has the better gun.

It fires significantly faster, with almost as much alpha and even if it has less pen it's still enough (just load a gold shell you big baby) and the -0,02 turret bloom should not be underestimated, it does wonderful things for your target acquisition speed - especially considering that the 0,22 tracks mean that you need every bit of relief you can get.

This adds up to you putting more damage into the target more quickly. If this is not the case, please play better. Refer to this Chinese cartoon for correct loading procedure when you need to j-j-jam it in.

Accuracy-wise, 0,38=0,37. Prove me wrong. (8.6 did strange things to the game)

The gun depression... yeah it just hurts. 7° isn't enough to let the T-34-85 do much hulldown antics or anything like that, but it also doesn't get in the way very often. Absolutely a point in the T-34-85s favour, so the question is can you deal with 2° less gun dep in exchange for driving the cooler, prettier and more deadly tank?

... of course you can. Don't be like that.

I promised anime, so have the SDM crew painting a KV-2. Remilia is part of the aristocracy but still does the right thing . She's still a bad Touhou though. Unlike Alice, who is the loveliest.

Just look at that smile.

Anyway in closing the Type 58 is the best tank because I have a ten kill Pool's Medal in it and you're a bad person if you disagree. Also it stomps all over IS-3s. Thank you and good night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4rrvLo1DJM

PS. Actually I take all that back, the T-34-85 wins because you can paint STALIN on it. STALIN. [url=http://i.imgur.com/khlWcag.jpgbring back lf[/url]. peace out.

Type 58 is fine, get good scrub.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

What the gently caress is up with you baby killers being unable to type in legible English?

Desuwa posted:

Type 58 is fine, get good scrub.

I enjoyed playing the T-34-85. I did not enjoy playing the Type 58.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is there a reason the weekend specials haven't been announced yet? I want to know if I can get another free tank damnit :saddowns:.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Axetrain posted:

Is there a reason the weekend specials haven't been announced yet? I want to know if I can get another free tank damnit :saddowns:.

They have been announced and you can?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Azhais posted:

They have been announced and you can?

Are you EU? I don't see them anywhere on the NA website.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I think only EU has been announced. I can't find NA on the website.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Bought and played one round in the wz-131 and got my mastery badge. It's like a mini type 59 thank you for yelling at me about my bad decisions.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NA hasn't been posting their loving specials until like noon on Friday, well into the event. Their website team is garbage.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The 132 is even better. Great camo, good gun, decent speed, shits on tier 9s.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

NA hasn't been posting their loving specials until like noon on Friday, well into the event. Their website team is garbage.

Everything about the NA office is garbage. Except for the tall under the hatch youtube video series dude.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Guys, the T49 is not very good, but it is certainly very fun. And also sometimes very good.

Spoiler alert, I got my mission to kill three artillery. Missions left to get the T-55A:

Light: Both platoon missions, LT-15
Medium: Both Platoon missions. destroy heavy two tiers higher, destroy two higher tier mediums, destroy three arti, two fires, and MT-15 (what the gently caress is with all the goddamn RNG missions on the medium branch?)
Heavy: Destroy two higher tier heavies, deal 3k damage and cap, Kill 7 tanks as a platoon, HT-15
TD: TD-15
Arti: lol just kidding gently caress that.

TD-15 is loving easy, LT-15 is entirely based on getting Prok with useful teammates and terrible enemy lights, HT-15 Is all about having an above average E-100 game or facing total morons in tier tens, and MT-15 is RNG bullshit (kill 2 higher tier TDs) but isn't really that hard. Is the T-55A just an actual T-54 clone? Because I could use one of those.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1783007#malinovka-steelion-m46_patton

Patton is a very nice tank, even if I did whiff a third of my shots completely. ~6.5k directly, and another 2k spotting.

Very generous of that 1500 wn8 T-54 to shoot you over and over again with HE so you can pick and choose your shots.

But yes, Patton is at least as good a tank as the Type 58, had probably my best session in months today.

Edit: And yeah Hellsau, it's got the D10T2S gun and everything. I think it has the stock engine or something so it's not as gofast.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

srb posted:

Very generous of that 1500 wn8 T-54 to shoot you over and over again with HE so you can pick and choose your shots.

Still bounced every shot :argh:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Uh, Cam/Donkey -

We're gonna need to turn in our goon cards. A pubbie actually thanked us for being good people. That was the WTpz4 from the last Malinovka game.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
*Not* assholes? And you were in this platoon too?

Dang.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Steelion posted:

*Not* assholes? And you were in this platoon too?

Dang.

I know right? I understand mistaking me for a good person since I'm so drat charming, but Cam and Donkey? Those are some bad dudes. Cam killed a man just to buff his WN8, and Donkey.....I can't do it, his crimes are just unspeakable.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Let's be honest here Hellsau, you have also killed a lot of men to buff your wn8.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

srb posted:

Let's be honest here Hellsau, you have also killed a lot of men to buff your wn8.

Uh, teamkilling doesn't count for your WN8 dude.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BULLSHIT

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Eezee posted:

Why was shanky banned? And if it was that bad why would they not just ban him properly?

Let's see if I can come up with some examples from my shanky.txt file:

shanky posted:

Go gently caress yourself shitlord
Eat a giant bowl of dicks you loving mongoloid
Uninstall tanks and kill yourself you retarded dipshit
I am going to punch your father in the mouth when I get done raping his rear end in a top hat bloody
You are the Mount Rushmore of Monumental Retardism, Go kill yourself, but first kill your family to make sure that genetic material is gone.
How the gently caress can you morons be this bad at tanks, my 60 year old father plays better than you and he is nearly blind.
Your parents should have aborted you in the 13th trimester, I am going to punch your dad in the mouth once he finished blowing me to teach him a lesson.
Your father blows bums under the bridge as punishment for a kid like you, I don't blame him for feeling he should take a shot in the mouth you loving scrublord

If told I am "reported" I liked to use the next 3 statements. Start with the first statement and use variations of the others as the match progresses (spread them out some)
How about you report my cock in your mouth
Oh, you can also report me for loving your father in the rear end. He isn't gay, he does it as punishment for a kid like you.
drat, now you have to report me for letting your mother lick my cock clean. I wasn't going to do it, but she kept begging.

I hope that answers your question! :)

Jack_tripper posted:

because a lot of the people that seriously use it derogatorily are clueless? I play with a few chai guys occasionally and they will absolutely dominate games. of course some chinese purples hang in the back and rack up wn8, just like some of the purple players from G and other top clans

Oh there certainly are some good Chinese players. But there are plenty more of them with purple WN8 and blue WR (or blue and green, etc.) due to the aforementioned damage-farming CHAI-sniping. I wasn't trying to make a generalization about all Chinese players, but obviously the derogatory term came from somewhere. The phrase has never been "RELIC-sniping" or anything else like that for a reason.

Uranium 235 posted:

BULBA is on the map, and have been ever since they dropped out of the northeast and showed up in the south. They're holding very good territory in Mexico.

Well then to clarify, they are in an area far enough away from the aforementioned power bloc (look at BULBA's neighbors) that it would require a concerted effort to relocate and map them, as opposed to, say, if they had tried to keep PBKAC's original territory.

They lost territory they had gained while trying to map PBKAC while simultaneously avoiding even engaging OTTER, all during the ~4 day excursion. They would not have been able to hold that land for very long being that it is surrounded by PBKAC allies and covers an LZ.

Desuwa posted:

Lol you fell for the pubbie trap. That is the absolute worst thing you can do to yourself.

The one true way(tm) to do the Chinese tree is to do the medium last. If you don't unlock the 113 or play the lights in advance you're looking at a 219k (I think, it is over 200k for sure) exp grind until you get the gun for the WZ-120, then more for the engine.

The T-34-2 is the only real poo poo tank in the medium line, the Type 58 is good, the T-34-1 is up there with the Comet (for very different reasons), and the 120 and 121 are good. But the 34-2 is really, really poo poo.

Either stockpile a fuckton of exp or at least go through the lights. The 59-16 has a funny gimmick (shoot all APCR out of the 76mm and be a vulture) while the 131 and 132 are solid, even if the 132 is overshadowed by the 251 now. On the heavy side the 111 1-4 more or less competes with the E-75 for the title of top t9 heavy (for different reasons). Though that was before the 4502B got buffed into the stratosphere.

Agreed on the part about progressing up the Chinese tree, but my feelings on the T-34-s are reversed. I thought the 34-1 was poo poo due to that gun handling and unusable depression/hulldown ability, but the 34-2 (with the 100) drives very similarly to the Type 59 (for obvious reasons.) It's certainly a worse Type 59, but nevertheless plays more like a classic medium as opposed to its predecessor. YMMV, of course, but I'm finding that I like the 34-2 (after removing the 122 for the 100.)

Also, I'll repost this:

quote:

How to play the Chinese medium line:
Elite the tier 8 WZ-132 for the top 100mm, which is one of the WZ-120 poo poo guns.
Elite the 110 for the WZ-120 middle gun.
Unlock the tier 10 113 for the WZ-120 top gun.
You are now ready to play the WZ-120

:drat:

srb posted:

Hey, I sucked off a lot of men to buff my WR. Don't judge! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Uh, teamkilling doesn't count for your WN8 dude.

Leaves more potential damage for you!