Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I'll be honest given the choice every car I own would be lime green. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

mattfl posted:

Enough of this blue car nonsense

My silver Jeep with friends lime green Jeep

What's it like hunting velociraptors?

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

McTinkerson posted:

Lime green forever!

Indeed!

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Purple > green > blue.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I wanted to post this earlier but it wasn't blue. Sorry for the terrible phone pic, I just got this and am excited

2008 Cayman S w 23k miles

Potato pics probably for the better, it's covered in car wash swirls; I'll take better pics once I get it cleaned up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are we playing some sort of no rules Car Game in here?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I think people are just bored.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My car's not blue, it's gray.

Have some audio of a cold starting 4 liter V8 to atone for my sin.
https://vimeo.com/124575684

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

My car's not blue, it's gray.

Have some audio of a cold starting 4 liter V8 to atone for my sin.
https://vimeo.com/124575684

Heh how's it feel to be slower than a 335 with a flash.

Heh.

heh.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Heh, it's all good, the ladies love a power bulge and a CF roof and you can't order either of those from Cobb :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Comrade Flynn posted:

Heh.

heh.

How's it feel to run the same times as a flashed Diesel AND get worse gas mileage by about 10mpg?

Heh.

heh.

edit: (says the 335D to the 335i)

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 10, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

How's it feel to run the same times as a flashed Diesel AND get worse gas mileage by about 10mpg?

Heh.

heh.

edit: (says the 335D to the 335i)

clankclankclankclank SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE clankclankclankclank

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
On the up side, if both of you smoke the tire next to each other, it'll look like a proper set of elevenses :lsd:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

On the up side, if both of you smoke the tire next to each other, it'll look like a proper set of elevenses :lsd:

I do AWD burnouts at will.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Gonna need some video of that! How much does a set of tires run you?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Ether Frenzy posted:

:iceburn:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
So I bit the bullet and get myself a 2015 Abarth last month, I can honestly say it's in every way shape and form better than that '13 Sport Turbo I had. Got my Madness V2 ECU, MPx Throttle Body and Eurocompulsion V3T V2 intake ready to install, just gotta find the time to slap that poo poo in :eng99: (xpost from fruity 500 thread)

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Comrade Flynn posted:

Heh.

heh.

He doesn't know what that's like.

Every single shitlord with a 335iS to 1Ms with <you name it> mods in between could not keep up with a stock M3 and a de-limit. There is no BMW engine outside of the S70/2 that is, pound for pound, capable of outrunning a delimited S65. Period, end of conversation.

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 10, 2015

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

I do AWD burnouts at will.

Bollocks. I don't think you'd risk your clutch. Pics or race me

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

Bollocks. I don't think you'd risk your clutch. Pics or race me

You just need to punch it in first with the traction control off and it will leave some pretty awesome skidmarks.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Smh that's not a burnout that's "driving to work with more than 200hp" :mrgw:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
^ This man knows what's up

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
I test drove a 2011 M3 yesterday and... I still like my S2000 a lot better. Although the power was pretty intoxicating.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The biggest downside of driving a modern M car is most definitely the shitlords in 3/435s trying to race you on the freeway/on ramp/parking lot/drive thru or every other location where they happen to spot you. Also the fart canned imports that go out of their way to keep you from changing lanes or merging and then fart off down the road when you slow down intentionally to get away from them.

I can't imagine the stupidity that comes along with driving a lambo.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

Smh that's not a burnout that's "driving to work with more than 200hp" :mrgw:

I'd love to see something with 200hp break 345 tires loose.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

Id love to see u do a burnout!!!!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Comrade Flynn posted:

Does it have to be all at once, or just one at a time?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jealous Cow posted:

The biggest downside of driving a modern M car is most definitely the shitlords in 3/435s trying to race you on the freeway/on ramp/parking lot/drive thru or every other location where they happen to spot you. Also the fart canned imports that go out of their way to keep you from changing lanes or merging and then fart off down the road when you slow down intentionally to get away from them.

I can't imagine the stupidity that comes along with driving a lambo.

It can't be as bad as riding a sportbike and having every vehicle on the road decide they have something to prove.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

PCOS Bill posted:

It can't be as bad as riding a sportbike and having every vehicle on the road decide they have something to prove.

At least you can carry a little bit of wheelie angle while running away from pretty much everything.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

At least you can carry a little bit of wheelie angle while running away from pretty much everything.

Until there's a corner :newlol:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bape Culture posted:

Until there's a corner :newlol:

Haha, you think you can't carry a wheelie into/in/out of a corner. :v:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Does it have to be all at once, or just one at a time?

A 345 unicycle?

poo poo that would be awesome.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bape Culture posted:

Id love to see u do a burnout!!!!

That sounds like a challenge. :colbert:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

PCOS Bill posted:

It can't be as bad as driving a Viper and having every sportbike on the road decide they have something to prove.

Fixed for me

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Das Volk posted:

Fixed for me

That's not far off the mark:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/car-vs-bike-dodge-viper-gts-vs-yamaha-yzf1000r-comparison-test

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Comrade Flynn posted:

A 345 unicycle?

poo poo that would be awesome.

I was thinking that if we needed to burnout 345 tires, we would probably have to schedule a whole weekend for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't believe what happened this week. I've been totally hushed about in in case something went south but we confirmed it's legit today.

New daily. 2000 Golf TDI 4 Door. 314,000 miles. Built in Wolfsburg Germany.

Dad had promised about two years ago that I could have this car but he decided to keep it. Well he recently bought an Infinity QEGEWHE something and he loves it, he hasn't touched the Golf once since he bought it. We were trying to sell it but his heart just wasn't in it. I jokingly told my sister we should keep it in the family so he called me the other day and asked if I wanted it. As he's already gifted me a large sum of cash in the past I will have to pay some amount of tax on this but sometime in May it will be signed over to me. He bought it new in 1999 and I've loved it and the thought of selling it to some WV enthusiast rubbed me the wrong way so I'm thrilled he's passing the keys to me. Very few flaws, some tiny rust spots but is otherwise clean. Dad's kept a fuel log of every fill up since he got it and at last check it was getting 51mpg.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Those make ridiculous torque with a tune.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Those make ridiculous torque with a tune.

I've heard. I've only told one person about this, a C&C friend with a Golf R and his first reaction was "Bigger turbo, then tune."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It already has 314k miles, wouldn't you rather keep it stock? I dunno, just my thoughts.