Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Made a cool deck for this tag team tournament if that's happening. What banlist would we be using for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Myriad Truths posted:

Made a cool deck for this tag team tournament if that's happening. What banlist would we be using for it?

the current TCG banlist

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I haven't been able to even start building my deck due to university and getting accustomed to my current timeslots that are bizarre as hell, but I should start tomorrow hopefully. I've never built a deck around a single summon type, it should be fun! Even moreso with Fusion where I need certain Spells.

...Fusion Gate is still good, right?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Onmi posted:

the current TCG banlist

Speaking of that tournament, I can't get a hold of Bees, so I'm thinking of dropping from Team Tribute to give someone else a chance.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I suddenly got real busy for a few weeks. Well, more specifically I'm basically gone at random times on random days for the next few weeks. Won't have a set schedule until basically June, so I'm dropping.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fluffals are a real easy fusion deck to make...but I'm not sure if their win con isn't particularly strong or it's just me being terrible. :eng99:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaze Dragon posted:

I haven't been able to even start building my deck due to university and getting accustomed to my current timeslots that are bizarre as hell, but I should start tomorrow hopefully. I've never built a deck around a single summon type, it should be fun! Even moreso with Fusion where I need certain Spells.
Fusions? Needing spells? Pfffft.

Someone's never played Ritual Beasts it seems. :smuggo:

dogsicle posted:

Fluffals are a real easy fusion deck to make...but I'm not sure if their win con isn't particularly strong or it's just me being terrible. :eng99:
They're an OTK deck. You have to go in as hard and fast as you can.

I try not to go first while I'm playing Fluffals. I tend to win more when I can go second with them and murder my opponent on turn one.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, I've been practicing with a Fluffal deck someone made against an ai, and it's really fun. Tiger and Wolf seem like the only useful fusions, though.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I've been using the same deck ever since I was in middle school. I'm almost done with college now so maybe, just MAYBE it might be time to buy some new cards.

My current deck is a gambling deck. It still wins an annoying amount of times no matter how broken the metagame gets due to the fact dice jar never gets old. Have there been any good gambling cards out in the last...uh, 5 to 6 years?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Momomo posted:

Yeah, I've been practicing with a Fluffal deck someone made against an ai, and it's really fun. Tiger and Wolf seem like the only useful fusions, though.

Sheep has the Armades effect, so it's good if your opponent has tons of backrow. Leo is good for finishing off your opponent without risking battle traps or something like Honest.

Bear and Mad Chimera are definitely garbage though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is Contact Fusion a different thing from regular Fusion for this tournament? I'm not planning on entering with either, just curious.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Psychics are the most fun non-archetype deck in the game. :allears:

Yeah his deck was extremely poo poo, but still. The fields that Psychics can build with a good hand are crazy.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Slur posted:

Speaking of that tournament, I can't get a hold of Bees, so I'm thinking of dropping from Team Tribute to give someone else a chance.

Senerio posted:

I suddenly got real busy for a few weeks. Well, more specifically I'm basically gone at random times on random days for the next few weeks. Won't have a set schedule until basically June, so I'm dropping.

No problems guys, my today was devoured and tomorrow is looking to be exactly the same with me house-watching, so no games to be played then

I'm starting up a communal Google Doc and I want everyone who wants to play to post a good time for them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bBgb7ABvA4e7cvcdgqaYrYYS8_Jz6HeEHA09cZ3nIXk/edit

I gave an example there, and I am down as a spare for any team (God forbid you're stuck with me because I'm playing for fun)

Dabir posted:

Is Contact Fusion a different thing from regular Fusion for this tournament? I'm not planning on entering with either, just curious.

Contact fusion is done by two monsters who are on the field, Gladiator Beasts and Neospacians make use of Contact Fusion.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I know what it is, do Neo-Spacians and Glads get to go on team Fusion though? Or do they have to make their own club with VWXYZs and the like two other things that do it?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dabir posted:

I know what it is, do Neo-Spacians and Glads get to go on team Fusion though? Or do they have to make their own club with VWXYZs and the like two other things that do it?

They get to go on team Fusion. Your team is determined by the contents of your extra deck. (Or what goes into it, in Pendulums case)

Team Fusion must only have fusion monsters, Team Synchro must only have Synchro monsters etc.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Nevermind, Bees just got back to me.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So the new summaries are out and Yuzu and Yugo are the POV for Episode 54 and I believe Yuzu has a duel

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Onmi posted:

So the new summaries are out and Yuzu and Yugo are the POV for Episode 54 and I believe Yuzu has a duel

Who cares about that poo poo when Yoko gets a duel and she's apparently the "Legendary Grandmaster". I hope her deck is cool.

Also, I think it's probably just going to be a Yugo dueling in ep 54 because it's going to be a riding duel I think.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Onmi posted:

I'm starting up a communal Google Doc and I want everyone who wants to play to post a good time for them

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bBgb7ABvA4e7cvcdgqaYrYYS8_Jz6HeEHA09cZ3nIXk/edit
You set it to view only.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nyaa posted:

You set it to view only.

No I set it to edit, try it again i just redid it

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh Egyptian God I'm so sorry, I was going to work on my deck today then I just kinda totally fell asleep and forgot entirely. I'll get working on it now, and add myself to the list.

...I guess I should look for references first though. But that should be easy enough!...not like I will complain if someone wants to give me a little help.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh Egyptian God I'm so sorry, I was going to work on my deck today then I just kinda totally fell asleep and forgot entirely. I'll get working on it now, and add myself to the list.

...I guess I should look for references first though. But that should be easy enough!...not like I will complain if someone wants to give me a little help.

Id be willing to help, im out of my house right now but I should be back home around an hour from now if you want to duel or anything.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Quincytbb posted:

Id be willing to help, im out of my house right now but I should be back home around an hour from now if you want to duel or anything.

I have nothing built, little knowledge of the gigantic amount of cards in the game, have never played a deck based around a single Extra Deck type, and I have to go to sleep soon anyways because I have class early tomorrow. I don't think that'll be possible, but thanks anyways.

Most things I know about what I'm building is that anime HEROes are poo poo, manga HEROes are great, and Masked HEROes are basically the best thing ever.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Blaze Dragon posted:

I have nothing built, little knowledge of the gigantic amount of cards in the game, have never played a deck based around a single Extra Deck type, and I have to go to sleep soon anyways because I have class early tomorrow. I don't think that'll be possible, but thanks anyways.

Most things I know about what I'm building is that anime HEROes are poo poo, manga HEROes are great, and Masked HEROes are basically the best thing ever.

Well sorry I wont be able to help, I dont know much about heros anyway. After a minute of googling I found this which will hopefully help you get started.
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1217286

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

so... this is a thing

quote:

Ignoring Shin "No females Dueling in this Work" Yoshida probably recasting personalities, one of the more bizarre points in 5D's is the sheer disappearance of cult like elements from 5D's right around the time Demak vs Rua and Ruka entered.

It appears it was probably tied back to the ultimate firing of Li-Mei Chiang due to her connections to the ロマゾフィー協会 cult (The Roma-Sophie Society), which was basically a hyper sexist cult that basically brainwashed a lot of women (and had them as in home slaves and for their lighter crimes, forced women to wear Mini-Skirts for the proper spiritual energy).

It appears that the actual arrests and investigations might of been on going from around the mid-way of the first season of 5D's was in production. And likely Chiang's cult connections were likely known on some level by the 5D's production staff, so.

They likely probably wanted to avoid any connections with Chiang's crazy ho ha if/when it came down. Probably also PTA/Concerned parent complaints about children's show subject matter. (5D's was a kid's show, was on a kid's time slot, and sells cards to elementary school children as part of its market audience).

Basically having an ancient star cult sekritly running the world, Demak being from apparently an Earthbound God death cult, and the Arcadia Movement being one of the most blatant cult/new age religion things probably to be in a children's work:
Huge no no. Especially when a major supporting actress is in a drug-addled sex/slavery cult.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah. 5D's got ruined by a crazy sex cult trying to take over Japan. Ya can't make this poo poo up.

Anyway, we have our first Hermos card and it's a doozy. http://ygorganization.com/ocg-friday-twitter-updates/

Konami seems to understand that all the Hermos cards in the anime freakin' stunk, so hopefully they're all getting buffs like this. Also, Opera is :3: as heck

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

VJeff posted:

Yeah. 5D's got ruined by a crazy sex cult trying to take over Japan. Ya can't make this poo poo up.

Anyway, we have our first Hermos card and it's a doozy. http://ygorganization.com/ocg-friday-twitter-updates/

Konami seems to understand that all the Hermos cards in the anime freakin' stunk, so hopefully they're all getting buffs like this. Also, Opera is :3: as heck

Card is garbage: you're going -2 for attack power, with no additional destruction or protection effects.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

But is almost amazing for a Red-eyes deck. equip the sword to Flare Metal dragon.

Bam, minimum 3800 beater that is effect destroy immune.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 10, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

The best and only use I can see for this is that it comboes sorta with Fusion for an otk and helps you dump red-eyes from your hand easily.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

The best and only use I can see for this is that it comboes sorta with Fusion for an otk and helps you dump red-eyes from your hand easily.

Alllmoost but not quite.
Say you get a clear field on turn 2, 6 cards in hand the best case scenario is that you get polymerization, two red eyes-dragons, one summoned skull, a claw of hermos and a send-from-deck-to-grave card like dragon shrine, foolish burial, card of red jewel OR a normal summonable monster with more than 400 ATK, either of which are actually the most important card of the lot.

You are 400 LP short if you end up with only the first five of the above.
(3200+1000+500+500+2400 = 7600)
(BDA+Red-eyes sword+BDA effect)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It does complement the dragon summoner dude though since he tends to clog your hand with red-eyes if he gets dumped early. It also incentevices you to run more dump cards. I could see how it might kinda work in a Darkness Dragon gimmick build as well.

What this card really needs is for future fusion to get limited. :getin:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

But is almost amazing for a Red-eyes deck. equip the sword to Flare Metal dragon.

Bam, minimum 3800 beater that is effect destroy immune.

One compulsory/fiendish chain later...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Slur posted:

Same could be said of most monsters.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey guys lookit me I'm Slur ATK increasing cards are dumb, Pendulum Wizard OTK sucks, I attack into face down cards when going for game WHEEEEEEE :downs:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

This can be said for basically anything in the game, it is not a good response at all.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

You can't live your life in fear of trap cards, man. Sometimes you just gotta take the chance, attack with you whole menagerie of monsters and hope that all goes for the best. If your opponent had a set Mirror Force? That's life.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

paradoxGentleman posted:

You can't live your life in fear of trap cards, man. Sometimes you just gotta take the chance, attack with you whole menagerie of monsters and hope that all goes for the best. If your opponent had a set Mirror Force? That's life.

Amen.

Life rewards risks. Card games are merely a reflection of life.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Just run one million Forbidden Lances.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

What's the role of Qliporths in the "card games as life" metaphor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

What's the role of Qliporths in the "card games as life" metaphor?

When life gives you lemons, you give up 1000 life points to throw them in the garbage.