Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wordnumber posted:

They noticed the lantern through, Pat just never activated it. It's not a big deal or anything, the Gascoigne lantern is right there after all.

I hope they explore the plaza outside the chapel again sometime because you can get grabbed by a giant invisible hand there and it's rad.

Kimmalah posted:

But he didn't miss the lamp, he saw it and just didn't light it because...?

Oh. Well poo poo I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

CJacobs posted:

Oh. Well poo poo I dunno.

Yeah I understand what you're talking about, since the lamps aren't the same as bright glowing orange campfires. It just kind of stuck out to me because it's in the center of an empty room, he saw it, ran past it and the "Light" prompt came up twice but nope. :v:

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

BrownThunder posted:

whenever Dark Souls fans take over a thread it is the living worst.

i really wish you weren't so correct

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Doesn't help that a Bloodborne update comes out every weekday.
We get it, Pat and Woolie suck at this game.

In other news, I look forward to every podcast to catch up on Pat's growing number of blights/psychoses. It's going to end in Pat literally screaming at clouds and his transformation into Abe Simpson will be complete.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

pulp rag posted:

In other news, I look forward to every podcast to catch up on Pat's growing number of blights/psychoses. It's going to end in Pat literally screaming at clouds and his transformation into Abe Simpson will be complete.

He's not far off. He responded to someone on twitter who said it looked like he's never played souls games before (3 tweets worth of response). He really should know better.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

I'D RATHER HAVE NOTHING

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Pat made a serious argument that fire alarms are useless on the podcast this week because he had to walk up and down a flight of stairs he is clearly already a broken man.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

You could always bring up something else to talk about if it bothers you so much.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tae posted:

The part that made me stop the podcast was I think Liam and/or Pat talking about SMT spin-offs, and saying Devil Survivor is arguably anime. Like, what. That is arguably MORE anime than Persona.

i bet he was actually thinking of devil summoner.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

VIOLENTERECTION posted:

As someone who doesn't know poo poo or care about DS or BB I am enjoying the series and also the ridiculous :byodood: reactions to everything they do by people who know a lot more about the game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

As someone who doesn't know poo poo or care about DS or BB I am enjoying the series and also the ridiculous :byodood: reactions to everything they do by people who know a lot more about the game.

I watch the video and make guesses as to what will mega-fans complain about this time. I'm always wrong because I try to be sensible.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Man, that weapon on the clock tower was unexpected to say the least.

also the hunter they met seems WAY out of their league. like at least two or three levels more difficult.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Al-Saqr posted:

also the hunter they met seems WAY out of their league. like at least two or three levels more difficult.

I think they're going in the wrong direction. They had another way through the cathedral ward, and they skipped it because they thought it was progress.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dexie posted:

I think they're going in the wrong direction.

They aren't.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't know if it's the way life is presented, but bosses seem to have way more health than previous Souls games from what I've seen in playthroughs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

I don't know if it's the way life is presented, but bosses seem to have way more health than previous Souls games from what I've seen in playthroughs.

From what I can tell, they do, but the tradeoff of that is that you can riposte them now and stun lock them much easier.

edit: In case this thread can't tell, I went back on my decision to not watch Bloodborne because the game is fuckin sick and I can't wait for it to never come to PC under any circumstances so I can play it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Al-Saqr posted:

I was giggling like a maniac waiting for the first barrage to be unleashed. It is totally unexpected and makes that area so much more tense.

NPC hunters in general are absolute fuckers and will ruin your day more than any invader can.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Additional predictions:

1. In the Forbidden Woods, Pat will scream "I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE gently caress I AM" at least once.

2. They will get hosed in PlagueOfGripes deep snake pit. The one in Forbidden Woods, not the personal one that I'm sure he has on his farm.

Bonus points: Jake The Snake or the Cobra Clutch is referred to at least once.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I'm looking forward to Pat going nuts over all the berserk inspired poo poo later in the game

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are there horses?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Yo man tell me who those priest motherfuckers resemble. Also later in the game there's a very interesting weapon

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i hope they discover the side path that is intended to get you around the machine gun because wow

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The path to skipping the machine gun friend is very straightforward, he's entirely optional too

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Latest Revelaitons video, hatin' on babies.

Depths posted:

The path to skipping the machine gun friend is very straightforward, he's entirely optional too

Machine Gun Guy is also potentially friendly and will just give you his loot if you hit the right boss to trigger it, but that is pretty easy to miss. :v: I guess Old Yharnam is kind of this game's version of the DS1 cemetery.

Depths posted:

Yo man tell me who those priest motherfuckers resemble. Also later in the game there's a very interesting weapon

They look like Mozgus from Berserk if you remember that guy. It was bugging me how familiar they were until someone in the comments mentioned it.

For the person who mentioned Forbidden Woods, Pat will be too busy losing his poo poo over the enemies that look like the Plagas guys from RE4 to worry about how lost he is.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pulp rag posted:

There hasn't been a how has god blighted pat in over a year I think.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Not divine blights, just the everyday blights that Pat freaks out over.

Though I really wish God Blights would make a comeback.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

This LP just keeps getting better in a morbid sort of way. :ughh:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kimmalah posted:

This LP just keeps getting better in a morbid sort of way. :ughh:

Inadvertently trolling the souls fanbase is one of the best things about the LP though. They even have a chance to get a second set of hunter's garb unless they sold that too. Haven't had time to watch the video.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
can we add Nathan Prescott to the lore

something about the way liam said "we have to take this rear end in a top hat down" cracked me up

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

havenwaters posted:

Inadvertently trolling the souls fanbase is one of the best things about the LP though. They even have a chance to get a second set of hunter's garb unless they sold that too. Haven't had time to watch the video.

That other chestpiece is unique though.

RIP Hunter's Garb cape version, slain by a pair of dumb illiterates coked out on red bull

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just really want to get to the part where Pat has to start going "Oh nooooo I'm never gonna hear the end of this" or something like that. Because he's never gonna hear the end of this.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
The best part is how much of a tantrum Pat threw in the DS2 LP everytime Woolie even farted in a way that slightly deviated from his Master Plan so seeing him be just as much of a bumbling doofus is quite cathartic.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I personally want to see their reaction when the plot goes full on Lovecraft. It's whiplash in the vein of Metal Gear Solid 2 with how far it hurls you down the rabbit hole.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I just don't get this kind do butthurtedness re:SBFP playing games sub-optimally. Unless the mistake makes the LP drag or hit a wall, who the gently caress cares that they sold a slightly different outfit without realizing it? Best Friends never promised us they would be good, only that they would bring the hype, and Bloodborne overfloweth with hype.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh I think it's just plain ol human nature to feel the urge to help a person whenever you spot them cluelessly doing something wrong.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Unless the mistake makes the LP drag or hit a wall

They have made several such mistakes. Still funny overall though.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Tbh I think it's just plain ol human nature to feel the urge to help a person whenever you spot them cluelessly doing something wrong.

I suppose it's an evolutionary holdover that we say that stuff, even though the video is prerecorded. Same reason people shout at their favorite sports ball team to score points from home, I guess.

Rodyle posted:

They have made several such mistakes. Still funny overall though.

Those mistakes are fine to raise your voice about, I get that. The SMRPG no-run mistake was rough to watch, no doubt. I'm specifically talking about things like missing items, selling basically cosmetic gear, stuff like that. I don't get how that detracts from the enjoyment of the video.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've been rewatching the RE4 playthrough because I do that every now and again, and Pat's OGGGGHHHH when they start getting riddled with minigun fire from offscreen in that game was exactly the same sound he made in this episode of Bloodborne. :allears:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

All I'll say about the Bloodborne playthrough is that I'm SICKENINGLY excited for the first episode after they finish up their first recording session, because they usually notice their mistakes in editing even if they don't read the comments (which they also do). I can't wait to get like 10 minutes of them calling themselves idiots and then doing the same thing again. I just REALLY hope they don't sell off THE OTHER set of Hunter armor, mostly due to it having a dapper top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Last of Us LP was way harder to watch after I'd played the game myself. "No you idiots there's 3 bullets in that toilet!"