Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids
They named the fifth GTA, GTA One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chalets the Baka posted:

They named the fifth GTA, GTA One

its actuially called GTA Five

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids

Black Baby Goku posted:

its actuially called GTA Five

:yikes:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
They called the fifth GTA GTA Advance and it sucked

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
they called a game chinatown wars and it owned

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its gonna take me 24 hours of continuous downloading to preload this

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frog Act posted:

its gonna take me 24 hours of continuous downloading to preload this

Same. It normally takes me a few hours to download games this size but I left it on overnight twice and it still isn't done.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

did you buy it through steam or one of the straight to RSC things? I'm getting significantly higher speeds than I usually get on steam after buying through GMG

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have the rockstar version.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Contra Calculus posted:

Unironically thanking this thread for helping me get this game for $23.00

ty btw

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
that is a good deal. plus the extra 1.5mil in game for buying before release

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

yeah, thanks knuc for directing me to cheapass brazilian games. Sure as gently caress wasn't going to pick this up for $60, but $30 isn't bad at all.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Heres my profile I've applied to the Obese Brotherhood. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/beefwell

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Heres my profile I've applied to the Obese Brotherhood. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/beefwell

good av choice i chose the same one. he's a handsome man. i mean in the social club.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHoOrFdgYR8 Watch these old people play the PS4 version and get pumped for this epic game, coming out in 3 or so days... Win!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I really want to couch game htis, but the thought of play fps gta v with a mouse and keyboard is too awesome to resist.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

this, but then i think of having to reach for the controller to fly a helicopter or hell, drive properly

Yeha. I think I'll just play it like far cry and swap.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

the ps4 version had an option that let you pick if you wanted 1st person in vehicles or just on foot so i'm hoping it'll be smart about the controller thing on pc

I wann fps everyhting.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wann fps everyhting.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hope they make the first person stuff feel twitchy too. I'll be loving pissed if it's cumbersome console shite.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea I have a feeling it's going to be like 55 FOV floaty rear end nonsense like the console versions looked but here's hoping.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

i did too but the fov on the ps4 was loving terrible in vehicles

i just hope it doesn't force you to pick m+kb or controller and lock one or the other out thats all

They'll be freaking dumb to do that, but then again the way they deal with cars in single player is freaking dumb.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

zen death robot posted:

the ps4 version had an option that let you pick if you wanted 1st person in vehicles or just on foot so i'm hoping it'll be smart about the controller thing on pc

i play gtaiv with a controller and keyboard/mouse and you can just use either one whenever you want so it should be good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Yea I have a feeling it's going to be like 55 FOV floaty rear end nonsense like the console versions looked but here's hoping.

Doesn';t seem to be any FOV options, but there's a ton of mouse stuff which is hopeful. http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-graphics-options-in-full/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hopefully their smart enough to put a FOV slider in there at the very least.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doesn';t seem to be any FOV options, but there's a ton of mouse stuff which is hopeful. http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-graphics-options-in-full/

God drat It.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Raw Input though... Sounds like it may be some drat win after all.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

those pictures are only regular graphics option it could be in display or advanced graphics menu options hopefully

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

those pictures are only regular graphics option it could be in display or advanced graphics menu options hopefully

Well you'd think at least Rockstar would of given a little thought to the fact that a lot of people PC game in a desk even though more and more are going to the couch with Big Picture and whatever, in all this time they've delayed it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Some articles are saying that adjustable field of view is a thing, so here's hoping.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Well you'd think at least Rockstar would of given a little thought to the fact that a lot of people PC game in a desk even though more and more are going to the couch with Big Picture and whatever, in all this time they've delayed it.

they owe us pc gamers. they owe us for what they did to us with grand theft auto iv.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

most likely it will be customizable

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FOV is like the most important option in a game like this, and I will build my other graphics settings around it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This article says the FoV is customisable:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/why-gta-5-on-pc-took-so-long-to-get-here-and-why-it-was-worth-the-wait-1290506

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PC Gaming Win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In the comments of that PC gamer article, someone says that the FoV slider is in camera or controls in the console version. I don;t like counting my chickens before they've hatched, but I am going to say that you can adjust your FoV.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Pre-loaded and hyped.

I wonder how they'll handle the existence of a traffic/pedestrian slider in GTAO.

We should do some heists together.

e: i joined Corn Gang, im DoctorIronic

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 10, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

In the comments of that PC gamer article, someone says that the FoV slider is in camera or controls in the console version. I don;t like counting my chickens before they've hatched, but I am going to say that you can adjust your FoV.

Here's hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I stake my considerable reputation on the existence of an FoV slider in the PC version of GTA V.

• Locked thread