Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FOV is like the most important option in a game like this, and I will build my other graphics settings around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This article says the FoV is customisable:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/why-gta-5-on-pc-took-so-long-to-get-here-and-why-it-was-worth-the-wait-1290506

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PC Gaming Win.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In the comments of that PC gamer article, someone says that the FoV slider is in camera or controls in the console version. I don;t like counting my chickens before they've hatched, but I am going to say that you can adjust your FoV.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Pre-loaded and hyped.

I wonder how they'll handle the existence of a traffic/pedestrian slider in GTAO.

We should do some heists together.

e: i joined Corn Gang, im DoctorIronic

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 10, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

In the comments of that PC gamer article, someone says that the FoV slider is in camera or controls in the console version. I don;t like counting my chickens before they've hatched, but I am going to say that you can adjust your FoV.

Here's hoping.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I stake my considerable reputation on the existence of an FoV slider in the PC version of GTA V.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Some articles are saying that adjustable field of view is a thing, so here's hoping.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I stake my considerable reputation on the existence of an FoV slider in the PC version of GTA V.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just got a steam giftcard from a friend and i might be supremely lazy and buy it on steam

but theyre really overcharging at 60 and they can go gently caress themselves. doing this on the weird website now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I paid full price :troll:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If the steam version was maybe 45 nzd I would get it, but the nuuvem price is way too good to pass up when the NZ steam price is 90 nzd.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I paid full price :troll:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Preload complete... Right as the Xenoblade download finishes. What an extremely good couple of months this has been for gaming.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game has 22 gb left for me, but the launcher says it's going to take 22 hours to complete at 2mbps...the math doesn't even add up.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Pause and restart the download

yeah this happened to me. then it said downloading at 9kbs for a while, which matched the length, then it jumped up.
you will get your preload

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

spent ten hours downloading overnight and it still has five left. i mean it doesn't matter it will be done well before the 14th, but i'm actually impressed with rockstar social club not loving up somehow and maintaining good bandwith inbetween pauses.

anyway how do i know what FOV i want, I've never needed to adjust it in a game

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

np, man

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Steam bringing up the choice between playing GTA V and GTA online if you click pre-load again after it finishes is one hell of a cocktease

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frog Act posted:

spent ten hours downloading overnight and it still has five left. i mean it doesn't matter it will be done well before the 14th, but i'm actually impressed with rockstar social club not loving up somehow and maintaining good bandwith inbetween pauses.

anyway how do i know what FOV i want, I've never needed to adjust it in a game

You'll want as big as your computer can handle without loving up your fps.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Steam bringing up the choice between playing GTA V and GTA online if you click pre-load again after it finishes is one hell of a cocktease

I have the launchers for online and single player in my start menu and it's pissing me off!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finally preloaded after 3 nights of overnight downloading. Lmfao.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

The game launches at Midnight Tuesday UK time so whatever that works out for you is when it unlocks.

That's 6PM Monday for me, I am ready :cheers:

It's almost exactly 3 days away according to the launcher.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

11am on Tuesday.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Finally preloaded after 3 nights of overnight downloading. Lmfao.

It took me about 4 hours total.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

It took me perhaps 6 times that.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

Same.

Seems like preloading on Steam goes much faster.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You'll want as big as your computer can handle without loving up your fps.

i thought a really high FOV meant it would be like having eyes like a mon calamari and that there was an ideal middle spot or something. now that i'm thinking on it i'm surprised i've never needed to adjust it for any of the many PC fps games i've played over the years.

anyway, i have joined the corn gang as well, look forward to trying GTAO with imp zone.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

zen death robot posted:

The game launches at Midnight Tuesday UK time so whatever that works out for you is when it unlocks.

That's 6PM Monday for me, I am ready :cheers:

same i am so excite

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frog Act posted:

i thought a really high FOV meant it would be like having eyes like a mon calamari and that there was an ideal middle spot or something. now that i'm thinking on it i'm surprised i've never needed to adjust it for any of the many PC fps games i've played over the years.

anyway, i have joined the corn gang as well, look forward to trying GTAO with imp zone.

The game will have a max and it's unlikely to go higher than is comfortable.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Took me almost a day. Big hangup was that I lost connection for a couple minutes during the night, and the launcher didn't automatically restart the download. :thumbsup:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gona buy this when i get home on exclusive imp zone secret site

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only reason it's exclusive is because people from Games are too scared to buy from there.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

what's the first thing yall are going to do in Los Santos??

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

what's the first thing yall are going to do in Los Santos??

I'm going to race Lamar back to the dealership.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

gonna go try to find a whale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm going to live Franklin's lifestyle and smoke weed at drink at his house before going to sleep and then I'll go get a haircut and start my job at Simeon's.

• Locked thread