Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Bought one of the packs with the Level 58 boost thinking it would leave me "ready to run" at that level with some basic gear. I was however very wrong. I spoke to a GM on live chat and explained my error, and he gave me some gold to go and buy some gear. Good support right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

mfny posted:

Bought one of the packs with the Level 58 boost thinking it would leave me "ready to run" at that level with some basic gear. I was however very wrong. I spoke to a GM on live chat and explained my error, and he gave me some gold to go and buy some gear. Good support right there.

The support for TERA (IMO) was always pretty stellar.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

TouchiePlushie posted:

The support for TERA (IMO) was always pretty stellar.

When it comes to games, TERA's the only game I know of with better customer service than Blizzard.

Though I'd imagine that's because of the fact that TERA's got a small, stable playerbase and they aren't in a hurry to lose it. :v:

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Someone said tanks are in-demand a couple pages back (so months ago at this threads pace) is that still true? I have a 60 warrior from when I used to play this game ages ago but I'm sort of thinking it might be better to reroll a priest or something since all I really like doing is endgame PvE and I pretty much have to relearn all my poo poo anyway...

Also are goons still in No Fun Allowed? I'm gonna shoot an app that way either way I guess but I'm curious.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Sinking Ship posted:

Someone said tanks are in-demand a couple pages back (so months ago at this threads pace) is that still true? I have a 60 warrior from when I used to play this game ages ago but I'm sort of thinking it might be better to reroll a priest or something since all I really like doing is endgame PvE and I pretty much have to relearn all my poo poo anyway...

Also are goons still in No Fun Allowed? I'm gonna shoot an app that way either way I guess but I'm curious.

Yes, just apply with 'sa/dgkk' in the text field and you'll get accepted very quickly.

also I am pretty sure warriors are the other tank, aren't they?

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Tsurupettan posted:

Yes, just apply with 'sa/dgkk' in the text field and you'll get accepted very quickly.

also I am pretty sure warriors are the other tank, aren't they?

Right on, sent an app.

And yea warriors are the other tank, that's why I was curious if tanks are in demand at the endgame or if I'd be better rerolling.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Warriors are fine but most of the time when I see people wanting a tank they want a Lancer. Anectodal evidence and all that, but maybe shield = tank is just ingraned in the MMO player psyche. :v:

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
Wellp, seeing this thread tempted me to try this game again. After a bit of indecision I started over (no big loss; I hadn't gotten very far anyway) with a Lancer and things are going well, barring getting ganked a couple times by a person who randomly tried to party me. My habitual refusal was probably a mistake on my part.

I'm not sure I should apply to NFA though, because I've no idea how long I can keep my interest up.

MShadowy fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 24, 2015

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
There's no harm in applying, people come and go all the time. You'll atleast have some people to talk to/answer questions while you play.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
So is masterwork chance still 3% with MES as per the OP? Kind of curious cause I've started to get some set pieces from BR that aren't better then the gear I get started with for hitting level 65 - so I assume I have to masterwork and enchant them to make them worthwhile?

e: do people still farm the level 60 instances for MES? Are they soloable now?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

MES drop like candy and there are Blessed/Noble scrolls with increased/100% rate from cash shop. MES are like 50 gold each now, enchanting is the real money killer.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

MShadowy posted:

Wellp, seeing this thread tempted me to try this game again. After a bit of indecision I started over (no big loss; I hadn't gotten very far anyway) with a Lancer and things are going well, barring getting ganked a couple times by a person who randomly tried to party me. My habitual refusal was probably a mistake on my part.

I'm not sure I should apply to NFA though, because I've no idea how long I can keep my interest up.

One nice thing about getting ganked is you can just swap channels. People are extremely rarely determined enough to follow you through channel changes.

Anyways, I haven't played with NFA very much (I play with a few irl friends + some internet ones) but MMOs are about playing with other people, you'll probably have more fun if you join a guild with at least a few people you like.

Alternatively you can just view the game as basically being Monster Hunter where you get to play as a dragon carrying a massive axe and go solo BAMs.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Anatharon posted:

One nice thing about getting ganked is you can just swap channels. People are extremely rarely determined enough to follow you through channel changes.

Anyways, I haven't played with NFA very much (I play with a few irl friends + some internet ones) but MMOs are about playing with other people, you'll probably have more fun if you join a guild with at least a few people you like.

Alternatively you can just view the game as basically being Monster Hunter where you get to play as a dragon carrying a massive axe and go solo BAMs.

Eh, getting ganked isn't really a big deal. Mostly an inconvenience, though channel switching is a nice way to handle it. While I have joined NFA, I've interacted only a little with them, mostly just saying hi and occasionally asking dumb questions. I'd like to be more help but I've only just hit level 33 last night.

So mostly I've been pretending to be a dragon with a giant lance soloing BAMs. Only particular problem with that is that a lot of the critical Lancer skills for group play don't really factor when going it alone, and so challenging shout and such aren't really a normal part of my rotation. Probably going to throw me for a loop sooner or later.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, Lancer isn't bad at soloing but it's probably the worst of the non-healers at soloing (I haven't really played Lancer but that's what it looked like to me. :shobon:)

You'll have a decent amount of gold from questing so if you don't run into any gems, you should consider buying a few and putting them in your gear. The difference they make is more noticeable against bigger targets like bosses or BAMs then just random trash mobs that you kill by the dozen anyways. When I first played I was always fretting about losing gems when I died, but it's really not that big a deal when you're still leveling up. After all, eventually you'll have some better gear to trade up to just from doing quests or from random drops.

What's Mount Tyrannus (Or Tempest Reach? I don't remember what the PvP server is called) like these days anyways? Celestial Hills feels fairly alive but I don't really pay attention to people outside of my circle of friends so for all I know we could be the last people playing the game. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 31, 2015

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
Yeah, I got my Disco vest and boots master worked with just a few MES. My disco gloves are being a bitch. I've used over 60 MES and still haven't got it. I've gone broke just dealing with the gloves.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Apparently the new class will be added at some point during the spring season. In preparation, I've been thinking up names and adding them to my friend list to see if taken... and every single one I think of, in multiple languages, is taken by alts under level 10, many have never even logged in. I've even resorted to random name generators and have not had any success.

Apparently enmasse does not allow names to expire, ever. So uh, any suggestions?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I am trying to play TERA at work on my laptop. I'm trying to connect via my phone tether using PDANet and stripping out the identifying information because I accidentally capped out my tether this month. I can get through the log-in server, but I can't download the master server list and actually launch the game. I can't get to the log-in without stripping the identifying information. Any ideas?

Every other game I've tried works fine, so I think it's just TERA not liking what I am doing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Septimus posted:

Apparently the new class will be added at some point during the spring season. In preparation, I've been thinking up names and adding them to my friend list to see if taken... and every single one I think of, in multiple languages, is taken by alts under level 10, many have never even logged in. I've even resorted to random name generators and have not had any success.

Apparently enmasse does not allow names to expire, ever. So uh, any suggestions?

Ticket it, really good customer support is like one of En Masse's biggest things apparently. :v:

Tsurupettan posted:

I am trying to play TERA at work on my laptop. I'm trying to connect via my phone tether using PDANet and stripping out the identifying information because I accidentally capped out my tether this month. I can get through the log-in server, but I can't download the master server list and actually launch the game. I can't get to the log-in without stripping the identifying information. Any ideas?

Every other game I've tried works fine, so I think it's just TERA not liking what I am doing.

See above.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

I couldn't connect earlier in the year with my phone tether and ended up using Hotspot Shield. I had to connect using it, then disable it, then I could log in. I got no help from support. Not sure if it's similar but maybe that or a different VPN might work.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

AzureSkys posted:

I couldn't connect earlier in the year with my phone tether and ended up using Hotspot Shield. I had to connect using it, then disable it, then I could log in. I got no help from support. Not sure if it's similar but maybe that or a different VPN might work.

This worked like a loving charm holy poo poo thank you. :woop:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm about to hit 20 and questing is boring as gently caress is there any reason for me to not just grind dungeons or whatever to hit cap? Am I missing out on anything significant by not questing through every zone?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm about to hit 20 and questing is boring as gently caress is there any reason for me to not just grind dungeons or whatever to hit cap? Am I missing out on anything significant by not questing through every zone?

Finding random people who don't realize what "PvP Server" means who are questing solo and telling them something like "HEY KIDS WANNA SEE A DEAD BODY?!" before going Outlaw and killing them has been a good way for me to make zone questing much more enjoyable, and you can't do that in dungeons.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Tsurupettan posted:

Soon as you get your Relic gear, beg for priest buffs and solo instanced dungeons. You get like 2-3 levels per run (under 30 minutes) if you pop a + XP scroll as well. Hit 30 and run Corsairs till max level. Then attempt to raid without knowing any of the PvE basics! Killing idiot players is 10x more fun (and easier) than killing AI mobs.

Got 3 characters to max this way!

Or

You can just rinse/repeat the get next Relic weapon -> destroy instanced dungeons till you hit cap, if you don't like fun.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Are you still playing Wassbix? I remember having fun with you in Corsair's.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

havent played this game in forever, is guild housing a thing yet???

got me some tera hankering, might have to download

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!

red state bait posted:

havent played this game in forever, is guild housing a thing yet???

got me some tera hankering, might have to download

Yep, skycastles.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/join-the-crusades

edit: Now is a good time to play if it's been awhile. This weekend is a double XP event, helps to get to the new level 65 cap fast.

Septimus fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 18, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Bad news: New class is still F Elf/Castanic only

Good news: New class, and TERA is finally going to be on Steam.

http://tera.enmasse.com/gunner

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

Frankly anything other than only Elin is okay even if I'd rather be a big ol' golem man gunner.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
So do they restrict classes by gender/race because they want to test the balance before animating the other races, or is there some other reason why the class is restricted? Because, honestly, I'd pay money for a new character slot if the class were available to male castanics.

Also, is there any preference for which crafting skill is good to artisan first?

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 23, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sad that the new class isn't available for female Aman.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Sad that the new class isn't available for female Aman.

rip

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If I have a level 37ish I think archer on another server and want to try out reaper, can I finish getting the archer to what you need for reaper and then roll a reaper on MT?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Davin Valkri posted:

So do they restrict classes by gender/race because they want to test the balance before animating the other races, or is there some other reason why the class is restricted? Because, honestly, I'd pay money for a new character slot if the class were available to male castanics.

Also, is there any preference for which crafting skill is good to artisan first?

I have no idea how true it is but apparently they're basically putting things in descending order of race/gender popularity. So human women are probably going to get whatever next class there is.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why not make the Gunner Aman/Baraka/Popori? Theme appropriate, Popori is for the rocket raccoon cred. If there is an issue with racial and gender distribution without the resources to make it for all classes then they might as well make it for the less common races to boost their numbers instead of further consolidating the hold of the popular races.

Even if they didn't want to do that they should have given the humans/elves/castanics the way more appropriate Aion version of the Gunner class instead.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I tell myself that they're saving a hypothetical punchman class for Amani and the remaining races. But hey, at least gunners aren't restricted to the unmentionable race. Giant magitech cannons are cool though, so I'm pumped.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 23, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Thinking of playing for a month or two 'till Heavensward, and gently caress risking £50 on TESO. How much stuff is there to do at max level and how casual-friendly is it for some scrub like me who just wants to run dungeons to see cool poo poo and play Amani Lancer Dress-up Squad?

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Pierson posted:

Thinking of playing for a month or two 'till Heavensward, and gently caress risking £50 on TESO. How much stuff is there to do at max level and how casual-friendly is it for some scrub like me who just wants to run dungeons to see cool poo poo and play Amani Lancer Dress-up Squad?

I'm fairly casual and I enjoyed it before well enough. You do have to at least read up on the raiding before you go, and some of the raids will have an ilevel requirement thang, but it seemed doable enough even in pickup groups.

It's also worth noting that if you do any combination of the following three things before April 30th you get two free weeks of 'elite' status:

Join a guild (or already be in a guild)
Complete any 10 quests
Kill any 10 BAMs
Complete any 3 instanced dungeons.
Win 3 times in any battleground

Full Details: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/play-tera-and-earn-elite-status

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Pierson posted:

One nice thing is you don't even really need to team up with dudes to kill cool things because a lot of BAMs are soloable.

It's pretty casual friendly if you just want to beat up monsters and look cool. You can hit the level cap pretty easily as long as you think "I want to level up" and work towards that; Much faster then say, classic WoW leveling.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Wow, apparently NFA is dead as well now? That's surprising to me, I thought they were the 4chan guild. Are there any guilds on the server either alive or not filled with shitheads?

Also drat I should have sold my old blue angel halo last time I was logged on and they were worth hundreds of thousands of gold, now they're only worth about 90. :v:

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Pierson posted:

Wow, apparently NFA is dead as well now? That's surprising to me, I thought they were the 4chan guild. Are there any guilds on the server either alive or not filled with shitheads?

Also drat I should have sold my old blue angel halo last time I was logged on and they were worth hundreds of thousands of gold, now they're only worth about 90. :v:

Gold got...weird after the expansion patch. Basically you can't just generate it out of thin air via dailies any longer, and yet the enchantment system is even more money hungry than before from what I understand. I saw it best put by someone on another forum that the devs seem to want the only real source of money to be from other players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Pierson posted:

ESO is great now. It's action combat is just about as good as TERA imo and the gearing system is way less frustrating. That said, I do have a bit of an itch to pick up TERA again...

• Locked thread