Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

The only possible "better" choices in lieu of Shirin would probably have been Sierra or Mike. And in Mike's case, that would purely be to isolate him and hope that his alliance fractures while he's not there to maintain it (but at the same time, sinking any chance of using the picnic to swing Tyler and Caroline). All things considered, I think he made a good call. The worst thing you can do there is just pick your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

An interesting thing from Hali's Ponderosa video - she firmly believes that Will is still loyal to the No Collars and that Shirin is the one who flipped. Makes me wonder what part of Will's game we're missing.

Of course, Hali doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, so who knows?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MildShow posted:

An interesting thing from Hali's Ponderosa video - she firmly believes that Will is still loyal to the No Collars and that Shirin is the one who flipped. Makes me wonder what part of Will's game we're missing.

She is obnoxious in that video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOt73B64C4

"I'm naturally pulled to the underdog. Not because I want the underdog to win, I just want everyone to have a fair playing field. Everyone has to have the same rights or no one's rights mean anything. When I see people ganging up on someone in a vote, I'm like 'Hey! They have these qualities.'"

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 10, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Watching the extra confessionals for the first time.

Jenn is super bitter with Joe over not getting pizza and then got upset with him for buddying up with other people. "The dumbest mistake he made was not bringing his allies on that reward." :psyduck:

Jenn took a scorpion sting.

Shirin on losing challenges "The best players at this game don't win challenges. I'm not too concerned. They win with their social prowess." :psyduck:

I just like hearing Carolyn talk. :allears:

Dan: "I just suck."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MildShow posted:

Of course, Hali doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, so who knows?
I think she doesn't know what she's talking about in that video and had temporary amnesia or something. In the first 5 minutes of the episode, we had Jenn talking about how she, Hali, Joe, and Shiriin were going crazy when she played the idol. And plus everything else that episode, everyone talked about those four as a four. I don't see how it's possible she didn't know.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I really want to see how fast Dan caves at the food auction.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Generic American posted:

The only possible "better" choices in lieu of Shirin would probably have been Sierra or Mike. And in Mike's case, that would purely be to isolate him and hope that his alliance fractures while he's not there to maintain it (but at the same time, sinking any chance of using the picnic to swing Tyler and Caroline). All things considered, I think he made a good call. The worst thing you can do there is just pick your friends.

There was no reason to take Will. He left Joe (and Jenn and Hali) and is helping pick them off.
A common mistake is to assume that your allies are consistent. But you have to work them as much as you work the people you want as allies. Joe has been incompetent at getting anyone over and isn't keeping Jenn assured that there he has any long term plan.
Mike kept talking about Joe Jenn and Hali as a tight group but they had no control and mostly formed an alliance because no one else was with them or wanted to work with them.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Eesh. I was pretty proud of how the edit seemed to imply that Hali and Jenn were both cool with Joe jockeying for the important votes. Guess not. :eng99:

Unless it's simply heat-of-the-moment hyperbole though, I think that confessional also paints Joe in a lesser light as well. I mean, it's one thing if the edit doesn't explicitly show him courting players (beyond laying on the beach with Sierra once, pre-Joaquin boot), but when one of his closest allies says "he's spent zero time with us" , it makes me think that he's not really playing the social game. Could just be sour grapes over the challenge, obviously, but it does potentially explain some of the edit. Even with the idol play, Joe was nowhere to be found during those scenes.

Binary Logic posted:

There was no reason to take Will. He left Joe (and Jenn and Hali) and is helping pick them off.
Oh, objectively not. I don't see any reason why Will would even be an option there in Joe's mind, unless they are ~all~ somehow hopelessly confused by the wonky vote count like Hali seemed to be.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Oh boo hoo Jenn. Joe is busting his rear end out there to stay alive in every single challenge, try winning one yourself for a change. Either way you'll get plenty of pizza at ponderosa I'm sure.

Regardless of whether or not Joe's alliance wants to stick with him, he's out the next time he doesn't win immunity. This would probably still be the case if he were in the dominant alliance. Joe is quite simply too good at Survivor.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Does anyone else think Shirin could win? Because I'm kinda feeling it now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spatula City posted:

She was my pick to win in the pre-game but I just don't see where she'll get jury votes at this point.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think the No-Collars are screwed. Joe doesn't seem to be doing anything outside of challenges and Jenn doesn't respect Shirin any more than anyone else.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
winner is either Mike, Carolyn, or Tyler. I don't think Joe or Jenn can make it to the finals unless Carolyn and Tyler flip.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I hate every blue collar and the fact that they're still the majority with a twist power to come scares me.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Met posted:

She was my pick to win in the pre-game but I just don't see where she'll get jury votes at this point.

Depends on the matchup. I think she could beat Rodney and Dan.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Spatula City posted:

Nah, almost no chance. She compares herself to Sandra, who won because she was well liked and at least seemed like enough of a non-entity to make it to the end. Shirin has the non-entity part down, but almost everybody in the tribe has made some comment about how annoying they find her. She can't win unless she somehow flips the game on its head.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Yeah, If Shirrin even made it to the finals, I can't see where any votes would come from, unless the others were Rodney and Dan. I don't know how she'd even get there though.

I feel bad saying it, because she's kind of adorable as a hyper-active excited person, but even though she's toned it down a bit, she's SEVERELY annoying, and has no social game at all, and she will NEVER win an individual immunity since she's the perfect storm of horribly uncoordinated, kinda fat, too scattered for concentration, and bad at puzzles. That's not meant to be mean; it's just the truth. The only way she wins an immunity is if they play one of those knock out games and break some pots, and totally forget she's there, or they all knock each other out first by accident.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Dan's lecturing of Shirin about her failures as a super fan was almost unbelievable. Made better by her rebuttal of Tony as an example of a flipper that prospered at tribal council.

Tyler always seems so low-key and in thought, I can't really tell how good a position he is actually in.

Watching RHAP Know-It-Alls Stephen is so hyper positive, I wonder if it's S32 related.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spatula City posted:

Anyone can win against Rodney and Dan.

The only person that've had difficulty was Hali but only because she's an airhead.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
some of y'all are a bit rough on Hali imo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hali did good she was a victim of circumstance. or something. who the gently caress knows.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

the prophetic Homestar Runner, in his incredible wisdom, posted:

Joe's gonna go full Colby and win everything and I will laugh and laugh

still think this might be why Jeff is so excited about this season btw

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

DoggPickle posted:

Yeah, If Shirrin even made it to the finals, I can't see where any votes would come from, unless the others were Rodney and Dan. I don't know how she'd even get there though.

I feel bad saying it, because she's kind of adorable as a hyper-active excited person, but even though she's toned it down a bit, she's SEVERELY annoying, and has no social game at all, and she will NEVER win an individual immunity since she's the perfect storm of horribly uncoordinated, kinda fat, too scattered for concentration, and bad at puzzles. That's not meant to be mean; it's just the truth.
Thanks for posting, Dan.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Nah, almost no chance. She compares herself to Sandra, who won because she was well liked and at least seemed like enough of a non-entity to make it to the end. Shirin has the non-entity part down, but almost everybody in the tribe has made some comment about how annoying they find her. She can't win unless she somehow flips the game on its head.

I think Mike is playing similar to Sandra, although he is more obvious about making "anyone but me" the target. He is hustling his allies, and making up stuff about non-allies to get people to vote the way he wants. "We have to break up that power couple", "We have to get rid of the No Collar threesome", "We have to vote out Joe the immunity threat".

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spatula City posted:

Honestly not confident she could beat Rodney.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Just started listening to Sophie Clark on RHAP and they agreed that Mike found the Blue Collar camp idol so there is still one more out there that Joe has the clue for.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Binary Logic posted:

Just started listening to Sophie Clark on RHAP and they agreed that Mike found the Blue Collar camp idol so there is still one more out there that Joe has the clue for.

I don't think that there is a second HII out at the moment. Especially since the clue seemed to fit spot where Mike found his exactly.

"Explore around where a tributary runs

the power you seek is near a sea of green

defying gravity in it's hidden hollow"

We can only speculate about the tributary part, because they didn't show much of the surrounding of the idol location, but there is a sea of green in form of green foliage on the ground and more importantly the idol was on the upper side of a "hidden hollow" thereby defying gravity. Furthermore I doubt production would hide another HII which would mean there were the potential for 4 HII to be in the game at the same time, which complete overkill and would have meant there was at least the potential for an tribal council where everyone was immune.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
He found an idol in a tree nook near a river. The clue WAS for the blue collar idol.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Binary Logic posted:

Thanks for posting, Dan.

Hey now! It's not like I said it to her FACE :downs:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

GaussianCopula posted:

I don't think that there is a second HII out at the moment. Especially since the clue seemed to fit spot where Mike found his exactly.

"Explore around where a tributary runs

the power you seek is near a sea of green

defying gravity in it's hidden hollow"

We can only speculate about the tributary part, because they didn't show much of the surrounding of the idol location, but there is a sea of green in form of green foliage on the ground and more importantly the idol was on the upper side of a "hidden hollow" thereby defying gravity. Furthermore I doubt production would hide another HII which would mean there were the potential for 4 HII to be in the game at the same time, which complete overkill and would have meant there was at least the potential for an tribal council where everyone was immune.
Well, the clue didn't come out until after Jenn played her idol, so it would only be 3 if it was replacing hers. But I agree it's probably the clue for Blue Collar and there is no other idol.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Fast Luck posted:

Well, the clue didn't come out until after Jenn played her idol, so it would only be 3 if it was replacing hers. But I agree it's probably the clue for Blue Collar and there is no other idol.

In that case Jeff would have said something about the fact that Jenn's idol will be in play again, which he didn't. My guess would be that the production guidlines specify that post-merge there will always be one idol around (until f5) but they won't hide new idols before the last one is played/the person that has it is voted out.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

In that case Jeff would have said something about the fact that Jenn's idol will be in play again, which he didn't. My guess would be that the production guidlines specify that post-merge there will always be one idol around (until f5) but they won't hide new idols before the last one is played/the person that has it is voted out.

He doesn't always say that the idol is back in play.

Also even though I don't think it's ever been explicitly stated - I was under impression that if someone uses an idol then they put a new one back in game but if someone is voted out with one then there is no replacement and that idol is now out of the game.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Oh boo hoo Jenn. Joe is busting his rear end out there to stay alive in every single challenge, try winning one yourself for a change. Either way you'll get plenty of pizza at ponderosa I'm sure.

Regardless of whether or not Joe's alliance wants to stick with him, he's out the next time he doesn't win immunity. This would probably still be the case if he were in the dominant alliance. Joe is quite simply too good at Survivor.

I was listening to the Hali exit interview on RHAP and I could be misinterpreting what she meant cuz I was distracted, but it sounded like the potential girls' alliance originally wanted to target Joe and she was bummed when he won immunity.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

savinhill posted:

I was listening to the Hali exit interview on RHAP and I could be misinterpreting what she meant cuz I was distracted, but it sounded like the potential girls' alliance originally wanted to target Joe and she was bummed when he won immunity.

Everyone would have wanted to vote Joe out, which is rather rational. Losing the external threat would have made it much harder for Mike to keep the majority alliance together, which might have made the girls alliance possible. The most interesting part in her exit interview is the fact that she and Jenn are not that close to Joe, which makes his choice to not take them with him on the reward very questionable.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Just last season we saw Jon find a new merge idol and then a few days later Natalie dug up an unfound pre-merge idol that everyone had assumed no longer existed. The circumstances aren't exactly the same, but I wouldn't be shocked if the No Collar idol was re-hidden and still out there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
am I the only person who recites Jeff's lines along with him during tribal council? Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

I'm a horrible nerd

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

am I the only person who recites Jeff's lines along with him during tribalbh council? Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

I'm a horrible nerd

No but every time Jeff says "l'll go tally the votes" I reply You do that, Jeff.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Poque posted:

am I the only person who recites Jeff's lines along with him during tribal council? Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

I'm a horrible nerd

:mmmhmm::hf::keke:

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Poque posted:

I'm a horrible nerd

All I do is uncontrollably shout out "MURRRIKA" whenever the tribe banner is shown.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mancalamania posted:

Just last season we saw Jon find a new merge idol and then a few days later Natalie dug up an unfound pre-merge idol that everyone had assumed no longer existed. The circumstances aren't exactly the same, but I wouldn't be shocked if the No Collar idol was re-hidden and still out there.

The re-hidden idol was 100% the one that Mike found... it matched the defy gravity part of the clue perfectly. It IS possible that the blue collar idol is still laying around somewhere, but I highly doubt it with the rumors of a special twist coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What makes you think the clue was to a re-hidden idol? The idol Mike found had blue on it and he's calling it the Blue Collar idol in confessionals.

• Locked thread