Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

Oh god it's the loving dress all over again!

Is the Saiyan blue or gold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They should have called the red form God Saiyan so the blue one could be Super God Saiyan instead of whatever nonsense name they end up using.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Kelp Plankton posted:

They should have called the red form God Saiyan so the blue one could be Super God Saiyan instead of whatever nonsense name they end up using.

They could have one version with the red Super Saiyan and one with the blue and some scenes are unique to either version, so you have to buy both.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Gammatron 64 posted:

You know who else thought it was really cool to be blonde haired and blue eyed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBudU8BiQw4

I dunno how Funimation got away with showing this in the USA. It's pretty funny but HOLY poo poo is it offensive.

On the contrary, cartoon characters beating up Hitler is an American tradition.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
Some TV show had a promo for Resurrection F showing Goku transforning into SSGSS and uploaded it to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MocU7ceOep4

Horrible Taste fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 10, 2015

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
It looks like his hair, eyes, and eyebrows are made of blue raspberry Air Heads

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

e X posted:

They could have one version with the red Super Saiyan and one with the blue and some scenes are unique to either version, so you have to buy both.

Make is so each Saiyan has a different color hair when ascends, Goku is red, Vegeta is blue, and Gohan is neon pink.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad Toriyama is keeping up the silly Buu saga transformations and feel

that being said I kind of dig the new form

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Enough! The next DBZ villain shall not be Cell, but Super Saiyan God Broly!

The Resurrection of [F] did not go as planned.

It is time for Plan [B].

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Enough! The next DBZ villain shall not be Cell, but Super Saiyan God Broly!

Broly had five extra hearts grafted into his circulatory system to sustain his ridiculous amount of muscles. Being able to go God at a whim is just an unintended side effect.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

The Bee posted:

Broly had five extra hearts grafted into his circulatory system to sustain his ridiculous amount of muscles. Being able to go God at a whim is just an unintended side effect.

Vegeta: Goku I really think its a bad idea to give energy to Broly so he can become a Saiyan God

Goku: Aww come on Vegeta, I wanna fight someone strong!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Obv fake, Vegeta's never called him Goku.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Ekusukariba posted:

Vegeta: Goku I really think its a bad idea to give energy to Broly so he can become a Saiyan God

Goku: Aww come on Vegeta, I wanna fight someone strong!

You are right, Vegate would never allow a villain to get stronger.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Knowing the characters, it'd be more like...

Goku: Hey Vegeta let's give Broly a lot of power to have a super cool fight!
Vegeta: Ballin'. But I get to beat him this time, Kakarot.

*cue stupid plot twist so Vegeta won't win*

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

e X posted:

You are right, Vegate would never allow a villain to get stronger.

:shrug: I feel like maybe Vegeta would have finally realized it was a bad thing by then, he does get more character development than Goku, who is almost always "I wanna fight the strong guy"

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Ekusukariba posted:

:shrug: I feel like maybe Vegeta would have finally realized it was a bad thing by then, he does get more character development than Goku, who is almost always "I wanna fight the strong guy"
:shobon:
Yes, I know, Vegata ultimately adapts better to life on Earth than Goku ever did, I'm just joking around the hamfisted and moronic decisions they made throughout the story.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hi I'm Shinjobi and just thought I'd swing into this thread to talk about how dumb Vegeta is again

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If they make another movie past this one they really need to NOT reuse Broly, Cell, etc. unless they want to start reusing plot arcs like they do typical American comics.

With how convoluted they are getting with this SSG stuff, I'd almost rather they make movies with nonsensical plots like the first 13, I want to see SSJ Goku absorb a Spirit Bomb again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Honestly, the most likely plot for Battle of Gods 3 is a rematch between Beerus and Goku with Whis and Vegeta thrown into the mix. It feels like that's what this is building to. Whis and Beerus are unbeaten, they are training to match their power, they are shaky allies, and it would be kind of cool.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
All I want from another Dragon Ball movie is a Goku/Gohan father-son bonding movie that's just a scene-by-scene recreation of A Goofy Movie with DBZ characters.

Edit: Okay maybe Goku/Goten just so that Trunks could be PJ, but Gohan really is Max when you think about it.

mycot fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 10, 2015

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Hopefully that's a photoshop because gently caress Broly. 1st Broly movie was boring, 2nd one entertained me a bit but still wasn't great, never saw bio Broly because gently caress that.

Normally I would say they shouldn't bring back Cell after Frieza, but the idea of Cell going into different timelines and absorbing all the other Cells Jet Li style sounds really cool.

Although if they did a revival of Buu after that I'd tell them to gently caress themselves because it would be lame and Buu/Uub are good guys now anyway

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

Honestly, the most likely plot for Battle of Gods 3 is a rematch between Beerus and Goku with Whis and Vegeta thrown into the mix. It feels like that's what this is building to. Whis and Beerus are unbeaten, they are training to match their power, they are shaky allies, and it would be kind of cool.

While I do want this, I also want the alternate universes to come into play at some point, somehow. Like maybe some kind of cosmic villain way different from anyone else in the franchise starts threatening to destroy whole universes, I don't know.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hopefully that's a photoshop because gently caress Broly. 1st Broly movie was boring, 2nd one entertained me a bit but still wasn't great, never saw bio Broly because gently caress that.

Normally I would say they shouldn't bring back Cell after Frieza, but the idea of Cell going into different timelines and absorbing all the other Cells Jet Li style sounds really cool.

Although if they did a revival of Buu after that I'd tell them to gently caress themselves because it would be lame and Buu/Uub are good guys now anyway

It's literally the same poster as Revival of F. The Freeza soldiers are on it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's literally the same poster as Revival of F. The Freeza soldiers are on it.

Dude I dunno what the poster looks like. Now I do.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
For movie 3 I want it to take place immediately after Buu Saga. Trunks and Goten's wacky time travel adventures with Gohan, Videl, and Future Trunks. And confirmation that GT never really happened and is just an alternate timeline.

It's also the perfect lead-in for Future Trunks to meet the Supreme Kai of Time in the stinger and kickstart DBO/Xenoverse.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Some Numbers posted:

Obv fake, Vegeta's never called him Goku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDsE9DW-YEA

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

:aaaaa: I'm legitimately surprised that clip exists.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I had a sudden realization:

Goku is turning into Superman.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Been meaning to share this with the thread, but I kept driving it out of my memory.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I need to print that out and tape it up at one of the local gay bars.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Been meaning to share this with the thread, but I kept driving it out of my memory.

Decided to check out that deviantart account, see what they ha-

:vince:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ahahaha, holy poo poo Beefcake Goku is pretty amazing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Taken out of context I'd think that's a good alt-artstyle goku.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Man, that looks like SS4 Goku if he was in Dynasty Warriors.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I had a sudden realization:

Goku is turning into Superman.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if it will all reset to zero when the gimmick runs dry like it does in American comics?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Covok posted:

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if it will all reset to zero when the gimmick runs dry like it does in American comics?

It's okay hopefully japans economy will implode before we get to that point.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Haha, that is exactly what he looks like.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Well, I never realized I wanted a Dynasty Warriors Z before but gently caress if I don't now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

It's okay hopefully japans economy will implode before we get to that point.

I mean it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'd gently caress that goku

• Locked thread