Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AbsolutelySane posted:

Yeah, but they could probably get another season of Daredevil in before they start filming Defenders. We still have AKA JJ, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage to go. That's plenty of time to shoot another season and incorporate what happens into Defenders.

Yeah, it wouldn't really be any different than IM2 coming out before Avengers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Why is Daredevil wearing a lovely Arsenal costume?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because it's the MCU.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
I'm loving that people in this thread are calling the Daredevil costume poo poo after seeing roughly 20% of it under heavy shadow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Daredevil is loving great. At least one episode in that is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Concur, Charlie Cox is badass Matt Murdock.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Everyone is so awkward around Matt and it's the funniest thing.

Jack Murdock, dad of the year.:kimchi:

:smith:

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 10, 2015

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Chaos Hippy posted:

I'm loving that people in this thread are calling the Daredevil costume poo poo after seeing roughly 20% of it under heavy shadow.

It's marketing material, if marketing material looks like poo poo it's doing a bad job.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No loving clue what Noel Murray was talking about when he said there's no humour or levity. (ep2)WE ARE FILLED WITH MIGHTY EEL STRENGTH!

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Deadpool posted:

I can't believe anyone was bitching about the first episode, it was great. I'm actually shocked at how good the cinematography is, even beyond the fight scenes. Hell's Kitchen reminds me a lot of Blade Runner's Los Angeles, albeit lower tech. Also, his black costume looks much, much better than the production stills. I like the red piping on the shirt.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I thought the fight scenes in the first episode were a real letdown for the most part. Everything else was pretty good, though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
How often, if ever, do we see things from Matt's perspective?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

redbackground posted:

In the first episode you don't, but I've heard it happens later.

For the most part, he just does a 'listen really intently' thing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

No loving clue what Noel Murray was talking about when he said there's no humour or levity. (ep2)WE ARE FILLED WITH MIGHTY EEL STRENGTH!

I don't really get it either. The first episode is filled with all that fairly typical Marvel-style dialogue and quips and the second episode even opens up with the excellent gag where Rosario Dawson tries to get a response out of Matt by shining a light in his eyes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Uh... that's pretty standard medical procedure and a good way for her to learn he's blind, not a joke?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Thanks, I didn't realize that was medical procedure.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Oh, poo poo, this is out today right?

RIP my Friday night.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

redbackground posted:

Turn your TV off.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

According to this, it seems that Caity Lotz will be White Canary.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Turn your TV off.

:rimshot:

Incidentally, I've been binge watching Law and Order from the start of the franchise for almost a year now, and I can safely say that Matt could listen to every episode and not miss 99% of the story. That show is about as visually-driven as a radio drama.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno if he's blowin smoke but Bendis says that Powers is doing really well

quote:

POWERS TV update…

our numbers are looking really good guys. not saying it to be braggy but this was all a grand experiment and i thought as fans of the show you’d like to hear things are good.

we’re picking up a TON of viewers every DAY so that means your word of mouth is really doing the trick. keep it up. i can’t even tell you how much that means to me and mike and all of us…

it is such a different world than comics, the whole dynamic is different. so relieved.

episode 7 is live! brace yourself for episode 10. gulp.

you don’t need a console to watch it…

playstation.com/powers

If you watch it not through playstation do you pay for it, or are there commercials or what?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You still need to have a subscription, I think, or you can buy per episode. All he's saying is it's viewable via a browser. If you have a US Sony Entertainment/PSN account. And an IP address within the US.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Foggy is a lot of fun.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Man, Foggy is a lot of fun.

i didn't realize til he showed up that Elden Hensen was playing him, bomb casting choice.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Slowly digging through the series and everything about it is perfect. Casting, fight choreography and pacing, this is the kind of stuff Marvel should have been leading with in their TV stuff.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Slowly digging through the series and everything about it is perfect. Casting, fight choreography and pacing, this is the kind of stuff Marvel should have been leading with in their TV stuff.

i've long said that to do a good Daredevil story in live action, you just need to take a Homicide: Life on the Street type show and throw some kung fu fights in now and then and you're good. i'm only one episode in, but this is pretty much exactly what i wanted and more.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Goren really changed things up after leaving the force.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I'm on the third episode of Daredevil and this really feels like a different world than the main MCU that we've seen so far, despite the few references to the Avengers. I can't imagine seeing this Daredevil in an Avengers movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dacap posted:

I'm on the third episode of Daredevil and this really feels like a different world than the main MCU that we've seen so far, despite the few references to the Avengers. I can't imagine seeing this Daredevil in an Avengers movie.

I think that's why I like it so much.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, I'm not complaining. I'm just surprised that Marvel is allowing something like this that seems inconsistent with the tone of their brand/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Daredevil comic book has always (well since Miller at least) felt different than the Avengers or Iron Man or Cap. It's always been Matt getting his rear end kicked and absolutely refusing to quit. It is one of the defining features of the character.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
D'Onofrio is pretty awesome as Fisk, in case anyone doubted it. Episode 4 completely sells this take on the character and he's terrifying and charming, and pitiable all at once.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Daredevil is easily the best live action super hero show since I don't even know when, maybe Lou Ferrigno Hulk or Linda Carter Wonder Woman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Does the 1994 Robocop tv series count? Because it's clearly superior.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The end of episode 12 :stare:

And I didn't think I'd get to see Vincent D'Onofrio get all Jules Winfield, but I'm really loving glad I did.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Does the 1994 Robocop tv series count? Because it's clearly superior.

It doesn't count,and even if it did, I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

You clearly haven't seen it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's been a long time since I've read Miller's main run on DD, but Turk's whole thing was he was a low-level Fisk flunky that was TERRIBLE at his job, right? Or am I misremembering?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

RoboCop once fought a crazy vigilante dressed as a superhero who was played by Roddy Piper. So there.

I'm only two episodes into Daredevil, but holy poo poo, that hallway fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Gavok posted:

RoboCop once fought a crazy vigilante dressed as a superhero who was played by Roddy Piper. So there.

I'm only two episodes into Daredevil, but holy poo poo, that hallway fight.

Wait til Episode 4.