Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ldOTw60Ozg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

daamn, some people's parents. Some imgur thing:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Seems reasonable for an American

Normally they just shoot them

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

tl;dr lol

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

text me

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6cBf133rA

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

gonna make print s of this and gouge teh market

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i read somewhere that in the army survival manual, it says to put maggots on infected wounds so they can eat the dead/infected flesh. you're supposed to take them off when you feel pain, because that means they've gotten to the still-living tissue

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Maggot therapy is pretty fascinating, if gross. It's remarkably effective and they'll eat every scrap of dead tissue first. Their digestive secretions are broad spectrum antibiotics, and once the wound is cleaned by them, it'll heal faster than by conventional, non-gross wound treatments.

quote:

During World War I, Dr. William S. Baer, an orthopedic surgeon, recognized on the battlefield the efficacy of maggot colonization for healing wounds. He observed one soldier left for several days on the battlefield who had sustained compound fractures of the femur and large flesh wounds of the abdomen and scrotum. When the soldier arrived at the hospital, he had no signs of fever despite the serious nature of his injuries and his prolonged exposure to the elements without food or water. When his clothes were removed, it was seen that "thousands and thousands of maggots filled the entire wounded area." To Dr. Baer's surprise, when these maggots were removed "there was practically no bare bone to be seen and the internal structure of the wounded bone as well as the surrounding parts was entirely covered with most beautiful pink tissue that one could imagine." This case took place at a time when the death rate for compound fractures of the femur was about 75–80%.[18]

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 10, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
bugs is tiny doctors

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
maggots is medieval medical microbots

tho did u guys see those tiny fkin computers they invented; we might have proper bloodstream robots soon: http://www.eecs.umich.edu/eecs/about/articles/2015/Worlds-Smallest-Computer-Michigan-Micro-Mote.html

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

heh

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
https://vine.co/v/eBEhg96WP2B

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Is this a sexual daddy?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

COngrats on the footjob jerry!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

but if abstinence turns you on, aren't you kind of doubly-hosed? err, not hosed? I'm confused.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

8 years of a black president and constant exposure to fox news have made people literally insane

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
to sink to a level to call your own progeny a 'godless libturd' is astonishing

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

no its going to loud gigs and listening to music too loud on earphones as a kid

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

no its going to loud gigs and listening to music too loud on earphones as a kid

WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU! ANGELS ARE TALKING TO ME!

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

now come on, i could believe the mundane explanation, or i could believe some insane bullshit about quantum vibrational angels that would make me ~~speshull~~

don't be so closed-minded :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ol qwerty bastard posted:

now come on, i could believe the mundane explanation, or i could believe some insane bullshit about quantum vibrational angels that would make me ~~speshull~~

don't be so closed-minded :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

i got into an argument with an actual sungazer once

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

i went to a party and there was this chick walking around telling people that she could read their auras

you have to wonder about these people whether they're just lying to everyone around them or if they're lying to themselves too

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i went to a party and there was this chick walking around telling people that she could read their auras

you have to wonder about these people whether they're just lying to everyone around them or if they're lying to themselves too

at a party, that can be charming and eccentric. i don't get angry until they start telling people in real life

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

graph posted:

i got into an argument with an actual sungazer once

#sunghazi

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

lol longcat is loooong (remember the noughts??)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I am not not punching toads

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

girls who think they are psychic is high on my warning list, above even pink hair, or cat ownership >2

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

to sink to a level to call your own progeny a 'godless libturd' is astonishing
smdh if u take any sms convo cap at face value

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

smdh if u take any sms convo cap at face value

that poo poo is pretty convincing tbh

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
everything except the libtard thing but that might but just my non-american refusal to believe that grown adults say those words with their mouths using breaths gleaned from precious earth air

otoh the electronic rant is the final refuge of the total loving crazy person in 2015

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 10, 2015

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if they were an "enlightened" pyschonaut could well be hallucinogen persisting perception disorder. did they have dreads

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

everything except the libtard thing but that might but just my non-american refusal to believe that grown adults say those words with their mouths using breaths gleaned from precious earth air

a buddy of mine is getting his floors redone. heres what they posted yesterday

quote:

Overheard a contractor in my house telling one of his assistants that he is a member of the Tea Party and that Obama should have been shot in the head 6 years ago before he could ruin the country. Also advocated for public executions on the White House lawn.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:911:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
having been raised as a conservative racist bigot there exists a real shibboleth to find other racist bigots around you so you can speak loosely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread