Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Heh the only time I remember stature being a problem for women in my experience was during a fighting withdrawal on SQ

Chick was mo-tard as gently caress at like 5'2" and was really getting on all our nerves after 4 days no sleep all rain. Our position looked like the western front after all our cocksucking digging.

Section commander finally gets sick of this girl running her mouth about how she's not tired or whatever (after falling asleep on watch and poo poo) so she's given the radio and the C9 (m249) with two extra boxes of ammo on top of her other gear...as we break into double time.

She makes it about half a k up the road before collapsing into a ball of crying whimpering idiot.

She was my fire team partner so I had to try and keep her going, but she gets tossed in the snivel cart after a bit...and I get all her gear. And her rifle. And get told to catch up with my section who's booking it down the road.

I do by sprinting and proceeding to puke once called to halt. Felt good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

not caring here posted:

The way I figure it the military will grind you up eventually, it's just a matter of when.

Women are in the envious position of it typically happening sooner, thus less suffering through stupid military poo poo in the long run.

I'm tired of the military. I'll just get preggo now.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

Jesus Christ Marines are gay.

Aside from the rules themselves about cammies out in public, what always struck me as retarded was that they never addressed motorcycle riders... You tell a Marine he/she can't get out of their car in uniform for opsec issues, yet you've got this 20 year old kid on an R1 in full view of the public and the only thing that's covered is his head, by his helmet. The longer you try to make sense of Marine Corps regulations the more sanity you risk losing.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

LCL-Dead posted:

Aside from the rules themselves about cammies out in public, what always struck me as retarded was that they never addressed motorcycle riders... You tell a Marine he/she can't get out of their car in uniform for opsec issues, yet you've got this 20 year old kid on an R1 in full view of the public and the only thing that's covered is his head, by his helmet. The longer you try to make sense of Marine Corps regulations the more sanity you risk losing.

Wait, the whole "don't wear your uniform off base" is an opsec thing? How does that make any sense?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I've never heard the "no cammies off base" rule being about opsec, and I hear about opsec on the regular.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Patrick Spens posted:

Wait, the whole "don't wear your uniform off base" is an opsec thing? How does that make any sense?

It doesn't. Thats how you know it's the party line

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
We were told that it was an opsec issue when I first joined up, centering around not wanting anyone to be able to easily duplicate patterns/proper rank wearing/etc from watching Marines out in public.

I never looked into it beyond that because I didn't care enough. Though when you can go buy cammies in a thrift shop and see pictures everywhere of Marines in uniforms, it obviously never made any sense.

What would have made sense was if they'd said, "You're all loving retarded and when you're off base we want to distance ourselves from you as far as possible."

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

That's pretty dumb given that all of those regulations are publicly available.

It's actually about not wearing work uniforms out in public, and if you do have to wear a uniform in public wear one of the nice ones that they've given us two of. If people keep wanting to wear their cammies around town NCOs are going to start wanting them to be as nice and crisp as a service dress or something and then we'll go back to needing fishing line to maintain creases and polished boots and that way lies madness.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just wanted to buy some loving smokes from the gas station!

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

I just wanted to buy some loving smokes from the gas station!

Jacksonville NC has 2 drive through gas stations out in town and a third one open on base. They were the most glorious thing ever when running low on smokes after sitting in traffic for an hour, trying to get off base.

Internet Wizard posted:

It's actually about not wearing work uniforms out in public, and if you do have to wear a uniform in public wear one of the nice ones that they've given us two of.

I stopped questioning why they couldn't have just told everyone that a long time ago. I was one of the rare grunts that actually enjoyed wearing chucks and, now that they've gone back to Charlie Fridays, I'm kind of sad that I'm out. That sadness, however, passes quickly enough.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

LCL-Dead posted:

I was one of the rare grunts that actually enjoyed wearing chucks and, now that they've gone back to Charlie Fridays, I'm kind of sad that I'm out.

You know who would say some poo poo like this?

an SOF marine

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Deathy McDeath posted:

You know who would say some poo poo like this?

an SOF marine

haha, I could imagine why, but nope. I was just your basic 0352 stuck in a pog battalion.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LCL-Dead posted:

haha, I could imagine why, but nope. I was just your basic 0352 stuck in a pog battalion.

what are your opinions on mypay

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
they always told us wearing cammies out in public was a "show of force"

never heard no poo poo bout opsec

either reason is extremely dumb as gently caress tho

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

We stopped being allowed to wear them for a post-parade drink at the bar thanks to a sister regiment getting loving tanked and picking fights.

Remembrance Day was the exception and daaaaaamn it was worth it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

they always told us wearing cammies out in public was a "show of force"

never heard no poo poo bout opsec

either reason is extremely dumb as gently caress tho

Germany? It's not. It's just insensitive. PERSEC has a tiny bit to do with it, but it's mainly the idiots that do stupid poo poo in the uniform off base this the issue. Like the three soldiers who tries to steal an ATM from a German bank a few years back. Or the one that was shot by Polizei in a hospital for bashing some old German dude with a fire hydrant. Plus it's loving stupid. You look like a loving tool.

Joe. Joe is the dumbest animal.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Internet Wizard posted:

It's actually about not wearing work uniforms out in public, and if you do have to wear a uniform in public wear one of the nice ones that they've given us two of. If people keep wanting to wear their cammies around town NCOs are going to start wanting them to be as nice and crisp as a service dress or something and then we'll go back to needing fishing line to maintain creases and polished boots and that way lies madness.

This.

The rest of you are retarded.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
How does anything get done in the marines? I feel like all the junior guys would be so pissed off and trying to hold off killing themselves and any E6+ is too busy rubbing his dick all over regulations to worry about doing actual work.

That quote from Generation Kill about the marine corps being this pissed off dog that gets unleashed on brown people makes sense.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Sergeants are the backbone of the Marine Corps

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Soulex posted:

Germany? It's not. It's just insensitive. PERSEC has a tiny bit to do with it, but it's mainly the idiots that do stupid poo poo in the uniform off base this the issue. Like the three soldiers who tries to steal an ATM from a German bank a few years back. Or the one that was shot by Polizei in a hospital for bashing some old German dude with a fire hydrant. Plus it's loving stupid. You look like a loving tool.

Joe. Joe is the dumbest animal.

no marine bases in germany m8

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

terrez posted:

How does anything get done in the marines? I feel like all the junior guys would be so pissed off and trying to hold off killing themselves and any E6+ is too busy rubbing his dick all over regulations to worry about doing actual work.

That quote from Generation Kill about the marine corps being this pissed off dog that gets unleashed on brown people makes sense.

When I used to see them around Benning - and the were stationed alongside our brigade so we saw them a lot - they were usually doing dumb poo poo enough that it made us feel sorry for them. Staff sergeants in the Marines look like literally the worst thing to morale and productivity. Down the motor pool pmcsing tanks? Well, pull out these TMs but now these 2 staff sergeants who may or may not have set foot in a tank before are gonna argue about pointless details that holds up work for almost the entire day. Gonna do some glass house room clearing? Well, there's gonna be a couple of staff sergeants who argue about what it says in the book and then argue for hours about "how they did it in their last unit".

And then peak stupid was one day during PT hours. Marine PT always kind of weirded me out as it seems like a never ending contest of who can shout the most motivational slogans at each other without running out of breath. Seriously like it's a caveman style marketing campaign where people are actively trying to promote their particular brand of "marine (tm)". At least twice a week though, there'd be at least 2, sometimes as many as 4 of these staff sergeants arguing about who had the most motivational chants and slogans, and what was most appropriate for a training environment and whatever other horseshit they managed to make up.

You'd think this would just be their hosed up way of getting out of doing poo poo but they almost came to blows several times.

No wonder peace time marines off themselves like cultists when the mother ship arrives. The marines do everything except supply the koolade.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

terrez posted:

Every task given requires lying/cheating/stealing in order to accomplish it because A GOOD MARINE is not a thing that actually exists despite being the standard to which everyone is held.

It's pretty great. God bless the marine corpse.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
1 2 3 4 I LOVE MARINE CORE

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Everything I know about the Marines, I have learned from Terminal Lance. Most of the time, the stuff transfers over well enough to my experiences in the Army to get it, but sometimes it's just so wtf. Those are the times I learn things, though, so that's cool!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
The Marines are like the Army's retarded cousin.

The Army is also retarded too though.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

The United States Marine Corps swept the American Gladiators Armed Forces Challenge(s) of Champions.

So maybe show some loving respect.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
jesus christ this entire page

every time I want to kick myself for joining the military I think about it for a second and remember that at least I had enough sense to join the make-believe military branch as an officer.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

COCKSUCKER MOTHERFUCKER EAT A BAG OF DICKS

IF YOU AINT TRACKS, YOU AINT poo poo

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Repeat that constantly for an hour straight while running circles in the Recon parking lot at 5 in the morning.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

The United States Marine Corps swept the American Gladiators Armed Forces Challenge(s) of Champions.

So maybe show some loving respect.

retard strength

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
If you didn't join the Marines, you're pretty much a pussy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

If you didn't join the Marines, you're not fully retarded

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
if you enlist you're gay

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
i consider one of my failures in life to be that i talked to a marine recruiter at all

i'd like to apologize to my family and cognitively-coherent people everywhere for my discrepency

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NTT posted:

if you enlist you're gay

im gay. but I only enlisted in the national guard so I'm like, bi-curious.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
The only time I'll accept someone telling me "I almost joined but.." Is when it's followed by "I'm not loving retarded"

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what are your opinions on mypay

When I was active duty? Couldn't care less. I grabbed my W2 from it for tax season.
As a .gov? Still couldn't care less. Grab my W2 and go, though a CAC card with the proper credentials makes it 10x easier.

not caring here posted:

When I used to see them around Benning - and the were stationed alongside our brigade so we saw them a lot - they were usually doing dumb poo poo enough that it made us feel sorry for them. Staff sergeants in the Marines look like literally the worst thing to morale and productivity. Down the motor pool pmcsing tanks? Well, pull out these TMs but now these 2 staff sergeants who may or may not have set foot in a tank before are gonna argue about pointless details that holds up work for almost the entire day. Gonna do some glass house room clearing? Well, there's gonna be a couple of staff sergeants who argue about what it says in the book and then argue for hours about "how they did it in their last unit".

And then peak stupid was one day during PT hours. Marine PT always kind of weirded me out as it seems like a never ending contest of who can shout the most motivational slogans at each other without running out of breath. Seriously like it's a caveman style marketing campaign where people are actively trying to promote their particular brand of "marine (tm)". At least twice a week though, there'd be at least 2, sometimes as many as 4 of these staff sergeants arguing about who had the most motivational chants and slogans, and what was most appropriate for a training environment and whatever other horseshit they managed to make up.

You'd think this would just be their hosed up way of getting out of doing poo poo but they almost came to blows several times.

No wonder peace time marines off themselves like cultists when the mother ship arrives. The marines do everything except supply the koolade.

Sounds like your standard run-of-the-mill instructor types. Complete dickbags who's sole purpose in life is to make other people miserable by reaching back through their vast pools of "experience" to teach you the best way to do it. You wouldn't find normal grunts pulling that type of poo poo, especially amongst the E5 and below pool. Generation Kill got a lot of things right about the Marine Corps, the most of any show I've ever seen that centers around it, which is why it was hilarious when the SgtMjr of the Marine Corps came out and said it wasn't at all an accurate portrayal of life in the Corps. Every E5 and below laughed and disagreed with him.

Aranan posted:

Everything I know about the Marines, I have learned from Terminal Lance. Most of the time, the stuff transfers over well enough to my experiences in the Army to get it, but sometimes it's just so wtf. Those are the times I learn things, though, so that's cool!

I too frequent terminal lance. Are you the individual who PM'd me asking who I was on SA awhile back?

Thump! posted:

COCKSUCKER MOTHERFUCKER EAT A BAG OF DICKS

IF YOU AINT TRACKS, YOU AINT poo poo

My most sincere apologies. Tracks was poo poo. I loving hated being attached to that bag of dicks battalion for our deployments.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Piling on because it is fun.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

LCL-Dead posted:

though a CAC card with the proper credentials makes it 10x easier.
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what's happening so I'll likely keep digging my hole. <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

LCL-Dead posted:

Are you the individual who PM'd me asking who I was on SA awhile back?
No, but I'm also pretty sure at least half of GiP reads Terminal Lance, regardless of their branch of service.