Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Well these are the funniest loving pictures I ever did click on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You want pictures?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Found this while doing some research on a medical website at work today. This was in the header with the byline "With our Hip and Knee Implants, you can get back to doing what you love! Like SnowBoarding!".

Yep, if you love snowboarding, and dress like Oliver Twist, our implants can help you out!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

mark-gaytits with the sick burn

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Is this real? I want this to be real.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"Shh, Bunny. Dream forever...."

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Shh, Bunny. Dream forever...."

That may be based in reality more than you think, apparently male kangaroos use their incredible arm muscles in fights for dominance. Specifically, they put their opponent into a headlock and choke them until they stop moving, whether or not they let them go before they die of asphyxiation is luck of the draw.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Neddy is Australian.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Neddy is Australian.

Yup. That might look cute, but Rule 1 of Roo Combat is to choke the other motherfucker out. Or kick the bastard's kidneys out through their back.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup. That might look cute, but Rule 1 of Roo Combat is to choke the other motherfucker out. Or kick the bastard's kidneys out through their back.

It's hilarious how nearly every cute animal has a real dark side. Victorians had a really warped sense of nature that has way outlasted them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

syscall girl posted:

It's hilarious how nearly every cute animal has a real dark side. Victorians had a really warped sense of nature that has way outlasted them.

Next I'll tell you about the male Platypus and its venom that makes your blood feel like it's on fire, and can leave you over-sensitive to pain for months afterwards :eng101:.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Next I'll tell you about the male Platypus and its venom that makes your blood feel like it's on fire, and can leave you over-sensitive to pain for months afterwards :eng101:.

You left out the best part: even morphine (the cure-all, as far as pain is concerned) doesn't do a drat thing to ease the pain.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I live down the road from this guy. He's a beast https://www.facebook.com/kangaroosanctuary/photos/pcb.756364167765637/756362774432443/?type=1

https://www.kangaroosanctuary.com/

Chris (The guy that owns/runs the sanctuary) has a NatGeo show about it as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m04zAef07Cs

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Apr 10, 2015

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Subway pirates guys.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

omg chael crash posted:

Subway pirates guys.

Is that like a really lovely Hamburglar?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Stringbean posted:

Literally one of the things I miss the most since moving to the suburbs.

There's always some sort of "entertainment" on the subways. Acrobatics, music, awkward folks, angry folks, etc. On my daughters 3rd birthday, we were riding the A to Union from Mercer and there was a full blown Mariachi band playing in our car.

What's really weird is that none of those guys were together.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

As a Brit, I can attest to this. When I stayed for 3 weeks in 'Murca in a bunch of airbnbs, I just got used to the fact that if I wanted a cup of tea, I had to get used to boiling my water in a saucepan, like an animal.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles has a new favorite as of 13:27 on Apr 10, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

True, and if you want some popcorn you have to build a campfire and everything

Hotels don't like that much.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

As a Brit, I can attest to this. When I stayed for 3 weeks in 'Murca in a bunch of airbnbs, I just got used to the fact that if I wanted a cup of tea, I had to get used to boiling my water in a saucepan, like an animal.

Wait... I thought it was just for the funny pic. Is it actually a thing, or were you just staying in unfortunate accommodation? I don't know what to believe any more. Do they even have toilet paper in America?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

beato posted:

Wait... I thought it was just for the funny pic. Is it actually a thing, or were you just staying in unfortunate accommodation? I don't know what to believe any more. Do they even have toilet paper in America?

No. We use apple corers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

beato posted:

Americans drink COFFEE, which comes from a machine, either in their kitchen, or at a Starbucks. I can't remember the last time I saw a kettle.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kwyndig posted:

Americans drink COFFEE, which comes from a machine, either in their kitchen, or at a Starbucks. I can't remember the last time I saw a kettle.

Most people I know have a tea kettle and I'm in backwards rear end Ohio

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

beato posted:

We drag our asses across the carpet.

Every family I've met has had a tea kettle, though. Sweet tea is too important to the south.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Kwyndig posted:

How do you heat the water for you coffee in your own kitchen without a kettle? In a pan or does everyone own an espresso machine?

edit: content

My friend tried to bake a cake but he mixed up the knob for the oven and the grill.

beato has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Apr 10, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Heat water yourself? Like some kind of animal? No, you put water in the coffee maker and it does the heating. Basic coffee maker is like :10bux:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

beato posted:

How do you heat the water for you coffee in your own kitchen without a kettle? In a pan or does everyone own an espresso machine?
Most people who drink coffee have a coffee maker. The kettle is for when you use a french press, or if you prefer tea.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Most electric kettles in the UK pull ~2-2.5 kW, which would be close to blowing the circuit breaker in a typical US kitchen (or worse, get them to install a bigger circuit breaker on a circuit that can't actually handle that current and burn their house down). US electric kettles are consequently much more anemic and take longer to actually boil anything.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

beato posted:

Most people own one of these things (or did until recently, when better coffee makers started gaining popularity):

But also, almost every home I have been to here in the US has a tea kettle of some kind, but not the electric kind you guys like.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

beato posted:

I have a tea kettle and so do most Americans I've known. You're thinking of tea pots. Most of us throw the boiling water right into our mugs and steep the tea there. Tea pots are too much work for us, especially for a culture so used to instant coffee.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Ishamael posted:

Most people own one of these things (or did until recently, when better coffee makers started gaining popularity):

But also, almost every home I have been to here in the US has a tea kettle of some kind, but not the electric kind you guys like.

Here's a hint for brits and others: Simply don't put coffee in the coffee maker, run it, and then you have hot water for your tea.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Most gas stations also have a hot water nozzle on their coffee makers for tea weirdos.

They also usually have a selection of cold teas. And some variety of biscuits. And other stuff that actually tastes good.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Bad kerning

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

mind the walrus posted:

You're thinking of tea pots. Most of us throw the boiling water right into our mugs and steep the tea there. Tea pots are too much work for us, especially for a culture so used to instant coffee.

Yeah, that's what where I thought the confusion may have been when I first read that picture, even as a Brit I don't know many people who own/use a teapot other than for decorative purposes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just to be sure, because I'm dense, we're all doing some kind of bizarre joke, right?

I mean, WTF is wrong with using the microwave? Does it sap the water of nutrients or something?

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Just to be sure, because I'm dense, we're all doing some kind of bizarre joke, right?

I mean, WTF is wrong with using the microwave? Does it sap the water of nutrients or something?

Well, if you microwave your water exactly the wrong way, it will explode. Kettles don't do that.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Heat water? I don't know about you poors and slobs, but my kitchen has a faucet that hot water comes straight out of :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Data Graham posted:

You risk melting your plastic cup and burn the tag on your tea bag.

• Locked thread