Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Baudin posted:

We can be blood bros - I'm likely going to get owned as LA Abysia though

The heavy armor kinda helps your early game, but past that, as long as you recognize that LA Abysia should play with blood and not fire, you're like Ulm without the national reputation as a blood powerhouse that causes people to rush you first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah, you just have a reputation as an easy helpless target. :v:

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Sooo, Garbage Idiots appears to have secret passages between it's caves...

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

RockyB posted:

That's actually pretty awesome.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Seems legit

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009
I remember a map we used for a christmas game back in 2013/12 had a map with a bunch of deliberate "warpgate" style provinces like that guarded by the equivalent of dom4 throne defence, it was neat, giant hexagon thing with everyone having perfectly equal provinces.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

RockyB posted:

I've seen some of these maps recently. I wish it was like this in the game I'm actually playing Agartha in.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

RockyB posted:

edit: wrong game but all of those ones have tunnels like that its really neat

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 9, 2015

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Kitfox88 posted:

edit: wrong game but all of those ones have tunnels like that its really neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9H2ZsCs754

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
i don't like space-warping caves, personally

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Samog posted:

What if we could make them caves that warp space and time?

You go in the cave and when you come out the other end you aren't just across the world but you've randomly gained or lost between 2 and 20 years of age.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Samog posted:

How does it feel to have bad opinions publicly?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Samog posted:

They're just really big. Like oceans that only can connect to the land in certain places.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Now starting within 2 provinces of at least two other nations in Garbage Idiots I could live without.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
im glad that that thing happened, personally

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

caves connecting if they're within ~2 provinces or so seems like a neat idea, but there's basically never enough caves normally to make that even remotely a thing that would come up

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Longcaves are the future.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I think this has been my first major battle in a Dom 4 multiplayer game (not counting the one in NoobsRUsmk2 because half my Ulm army didn't arrive after Pangaea assassinated my prophet)

I put my decoy unit too far forwards and it wasn't the rearmost by the start of Caelum's turn :(

code:
 210x 5 = 1050
 10 x 5 =   50
 13 x33 =  429
C'tis losses 1529

125x 1 =  125
 16 x46 =  736
 15 x10 =  150
 10 x 1 =   10
 10 x95 =  950
Caelum losses 1971

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 10, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
That's what happens when you bring troops to a mage fight.

Really with 17 Sauromancers I'm a little surprised he lost so many things.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I will continue being content being on the other side of the map.

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
Ahahahaha, I just got wrecked in DomOnSale. I'm not even mad, it was pretty funny.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Neruz posted:

That's what happens when you bring troops to a mage fight.

Really with 17 Sauromancers I'm a little surprised he lost so many things.

I think against Caelum, you can't really control what the battle front is going to be, they will drop from the sky everywhere and attack in the flank and rear sides.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Make a blob of mages and if you get t1 the skeletons will shield you.

Put a blob of infantry on the mages if you are attacking.

EDIT: And if I were caelum i would be happy with that outcome because he paid a bunch of chaff for 10 fort turns worth of mages.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 10, 2015

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
Assuming Caelum's got enough forts and OK scales he can replace his crappy birdmen very quickly. Sauromancers are a little harder to make lots of fast. Any time you're fighting a nation with flying troops your mages really ought to have bodyguards anyway. I've lost way too many mages to a turn 1 flying charge.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Bacchante posted:

Ahahahaha, I just got wrecked in DomOnSale. I'm not even mad, it was pretty funny.

Isn't that kind of normal when you stale for something like 4 out of 5 turns?

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
Yeah, probably. I've had, -ahem-, issues with reminders.

Although in this case it was almost all of my provinces being taken at once via simultaneous stealth armies, and I'm still super-slow at expansion, so I'm sure that the result would've been much the same...

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I think some point-blank Shadow Blasts would have been baller if you had the research.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Actually, I have a question about shadow blast.

It increases its effects per level right? Is there any point where it's better to communion up your shadow blasters, or is it always better to just have them all blast away individually?

Dominions is hard.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Illwinter posted:

Therodos (new nation) almost done
Most Therodian units made with placeholder sprites
Therodian reanimation
Therodian summons
Morale affecting dominion
Some new bronze and iron weapons and armors
Some more units got weapons and armors changed
Giants reanimated into correct shape
Berserk bless (war-dance)
Lanka description now mentions blood hunt bonus/malus in turmoil/order
Some other descr fixes
Couldn't cast spells if you had two 'life long protection' items
Send Dream Horror castable at UW provinces
Assassins must be stealthy to be able to assassinate
The four Balams are now unique

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what the gently caress is therodos

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
canwe trade therodos for muspellheim

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

tooterfish posted:

Actually, I have a question about shadow blast.

It increases its effects per level right? Is there any point where it's better to communion up your shadow blasters, or is it always better to just have them all blast away individually?

Dominions is hard.

remember that +magic level = +pen and shadow blast checks vs pen, so communions can actually be nice, plus you're losing less gems overall

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

what the gently caress is therodos

Rhodes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well hey, maybe the colossi from machaka will have somewhere else to go

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
It's probably a new underwater nation that everyone will ignore forever

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Kristoffer.Osterman posted:

Therodos is the ghostly remnants of the destruction of the Telkhine kingdom. Human ghosts still serve sea daimones and descendants of the Telkhines.
Inspirational sources are: Thera/santorini, Samothrace, Delos, Rhodos, Telkhinis, and other Aegaean stuff. Mystery cults such as Samothrace and different interpretations of Kabeiri and Korybants as well as myths of sea daimones such as Telkhines, Daktyloi and Kouretes are also prominent.

Not sure if it should be defined as a UW nation or a spectral nation. Neither is entirely correct.

Pelagian history incorporates some Therodian stuff now. It is likely Berytos will as well.

UW greek Lemuria.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, it doesn't sound super exciting at first, but they've done a pretty good job with new nations lately as far as thematic poo poo goes

so...

???

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Turin Turambar posted:

UW greek Lemuria.

They just need to give them a high enough death gem income to spam burden of time, then other players will be forced to get in the water, preventing the usual way of dealing with water nations of just staying out the water.

M_Bison
Mar 15, 2014

Turin Turambar posted:

UW greek Lemuria.

Spooky Ghosts.

Kristoffer posted:

Therodos is the ghostly remnants of the destruction of the Telkhine kingdom. Human ghosts still serve sea daimones and descendants of the Telkhines.
Inspirational sources are: Thera/santorini, Samothrace, Delos, Rhodos, Telkhinis, and other Aegaean stuff. Mystery cults such as Samothrace and different interpretations of Kabeiri and Korybants as well as myths of sea daimones such as Telkhines, Daktyloi and Kouretes are also prominent.

Not sure if it should be defined as a UW nation or a spectral nation. Neither is entirely correct.

Pelagian history incorporates some Therodian stuff now. It is likely Berytos will as well.

So a lovely UW nation that uses ghosts to fight effectively on land? Seems like they have ghost reanimation too.

quote:

Berserk bless (war-dance)

Any ideas? Changing the blood bless? New Fire bless? New minor/major N bless?
Come to think of it, all the berserk spells are Nature, maybe they're changing the major N bless (imo. a good idea, it's too strong on some nations -- looking at you ponymans)

M_Bison fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telchines

telkhines apparently are dog-headed fish things that are good at forging

also there's been no mention of oceania at all while pelagia gets some tie-in stuff. basically: gently caress oceania

• Locked thread