Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Bumming Your Scene posted:

I'd love to get rid of the boat steering wheel in my 13 but the only way you can get audio over bluetooth is the SYNC button on the steering wheel.

You can get bluetooth audio through the menus as well. But, since it's Sync, you have to go through nine different sub menus to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

oRenj9 posted:

You can get bluetooth audio through the menus as well. But, since it's Sync, you have to go through nine different sub menus to get to it.

It's like two menus, and not hard at all. Unless Sync has changed massively, anyway.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

iwentdoodie posted:

It's like two menus, and not hard at all. Unless Sync has changed massively, anyway.

IT IS SO loving ANNOYING

#1 thing I hate about my 2013 GT. Christ does it suck when I want to use bluetooth or USB sync audio. Christ. I just want to mash a god drat button and have it work what the gently caress.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Sync in my '12 was temperamental as all get out. But the Sync in my '14 Fusion works flawlessly. The Bluetooth system in my Nissan Frontier? GARBAGE. So much so I am contemplating spending the money to put a complete aftermarket system in a vehicle I put less then 500 miles a month on. It is so so bad.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
There are so many chips on my hood :(

tijag
Aug 6, 2002
do you guys live in snow areas where salt/rust is a concern and that's why you don't drive the mustang in the winter?

I'm considering a mustang in SoCal and it never occurred to me that it couldn't be my daily driver all year round.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

tijag posted:

do you guys live in snow areas where salt/rust is a concern and that's why you don't drive the mustang in the winter?

I'm considering a mustang in SoCal and it never occurred to me that it couldn't be my daily driver all year round.

Salt and rust are a concern for me as a New Englander, but mostly my rear end is so loose I am scared of skidding out.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

tijag posted:

Basically, yes. It's not really an appropriate DD if you need to be able to use your car every single day, regardless of weather. I do drive in the winter, though, and I find the main issue is clearance rather than traction.

It would probably cost me $200/month to pay insurance and parking for an alternate vehicle anyway, so even if it gets a bit hosed up by being driven in winter, it's not a huge deal. I've driven my Mustang through 5 winters with no ill effects, so even if it crumbles into dust as a result in another few years (which it probably won't), I've still likely come out ahead when considering the expense of having another car. I can only assume that people who have a dedicated winter beater live in areas with much more ample parking.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

tijag posted:

I may have California for a whole host of reasons, but not having to drive a beater half the year is definitely a nice thing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ilkhan posted:

I may have California for a whole host of reasons, but not having to drive a beater half the year is definitely a nice thing.

Instead, we can drive beaters all year round!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Raluek posted:

Instead, we can drive beaters all year round!
/me looks at current Mustang.
Aww crap. :(

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ilkhan posted:

/me looks at current Mustang.
Aww crap. :(

Beater mustangs are the best mustangs. Shifter sticking through a hole in the floor, side-exit exhaust sticking out at different angles on each side, panels of at least 2 different colors, and no fucks given.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Raluek posted:

Beater mustangs are the best mustangs. Shifter sticking through a hole in the floor, side-exit exhaust sticking out at different angles on each side, panels of at least 2 different colors, and no fucks given.
Well its not like mine is *THAT* bad.
http://imgur.com/a/9kT8b

SliceOfPie
Jul 28, 2013

ilkhan posted:

Well its not like mine is *THAT* bad.
http://imgur.com/a/9kT8b

At least better than some I see being driven around here in Toronto.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What say you on the wingless look, mustang thread?

Taking it to a paint shop tomorrow to get a quote on fixing up the paint, and I thought id see how much it would be to fill in the holes on the trunk while im at it. I dont like the factory wing much, the cobra spoiler is awesome but is usually $400+.

Edit: I have a feeling that picture is giant, if so sorry. First time phone posting.

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 1, 2015

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

tijag posted:

Here in the Northeast, I kept it indoors and off the road with the snow and salt around. But mine is most certainly not a DD by a long shot.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Cage posted:

Taking it to a paint shop tomorrow to get a quote on fixing up the paint, and I thought id see how much it would be to fill in the holes on the trunk while im at it. I dont like the factory wing much, the cobra spoiler is awesome but is usually $400+.

Edit: I have a feeling that picture is giant, if so sorry. First time phone posting.

I like the wingless, but with the louvers, it looks a little off. I would love to see it wingless without the louvers -- I think it would look slick as gently caress; super-aerodynamic looking. With the louvers, I think you need something on the trunk to balance it out, but that's just my taste, take it for what it's worth (not much).

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Cage posted:

Picture is definitely giant. Strange, since it has timg tags.

And yes, SN9x needs the wing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ilkhan posted:

Picture is definitely giant. Strange, since it has timg tags.

And yes, SN9x needs the wing.

Yea the trunk looks too long without the wing there IMO.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Cobra spoiler? A smaller lip spoiler would be best.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Count Freebasie posted:

I like the wingless, but with the louvers, it looks a little off. I would love to see it wingless without the louvers -- I think it would look slick as gently caress; super-aerodynamic looking. With the louvers, I think you need something on the trunk to balance it out, but that's just my taste, take it for what it's worth (not much).

Agree with this - I bought a Bullitt specifically for the cleaner look.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

They rolled out an update to Sync so you can have Bluetooth by default like it did before they listened to complaints from stupid people.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

They rolled out an update to Sync so you can have Bluetooth by default like it did before they listened to complaints from stupid people.
bluetooth by default is really all a modern stereo needs.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

tijag posted:

In southern California? Game on. What can the weather throw at you where you'd be stranded with a Mustang? I DD mine year round in the Seattle area. They throw de-icer down if it gets cold, and when it gets cold around here it gets dry, so maybe 1 day a year where driving is ill-advised due to road conditions. And for that day, I have collision coverage.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
So my suspension clunking noise ended up with the dealer replacing the left side rear shock and both sway bar links. Apparently they also noticed a mild noise in the front and replaced the strut. Nice bullet to dodge since I only had ten or so days left on my warranty.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
How do I get this to happen???

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Well Sync shoes I had an update on the ford website. Formatted a USB, transferred the files over. Plugged it into my car. Installation failed.

There's apparently no way to know from the consumer end what version of Sync my car has. I have a 2013 GT with no LCD screen. Can't find it in the menu. The website thinks I'm on 4.1 and the latest is 4.4

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

There should be something in the menu to show what version you have, under system settings or something.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Captain Apollo posted:

Well Sync shoes I had an update on the ford website. Formatted a USB, transferred the files over. Plugged it into my car. Installation failed.

There's apparently no way to know from the consumer end what version of Sync my car has. I have a 2013 GT with no LCD screen. Can't find it in the menu. The website thinks I'm on 4.1 and the latest is 4.4

Try driving an '87 manual that doesn't even have a goddamn cup holder. A man gets thirsty on a ride. And if you leave a bottle on the passenger seat, when you hit the brakes it goes flying off the seat onto the passenger floorboard :argh:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:shobon:

Turns out the squeaking Ive been hearing for the past year+ was a ball joint. The steering felt nice and solid the whole time, but the smallest movement of the wheels gave out an embarrassing squeak. $100 and a case of beer later and now I don't have to be embarrassed whenever I pull into a parking lot, at least not for anything beyond owning a mustang in general. Now Ill be ready for when the other side inevitably starts making noise.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Count Freebasie posted:

Try driving an '87 manual that doesn't even have a goddamn cup holder. A man gets thirsty on a ride. And if you leave a bottle on the passenger seat, when you hit the brakes it goes flying off the seat onto the passenger floorboard :argh:

you could always

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

beyond owning a mustang in general.

Why would this embarrass you?

All you have to do is find the spot in the lot with 10 other mustangs, and you just blend in! :haw:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Up until a few months ago the only comments I got on my car were from 12 year old kids on my street.

One told me last week to make sure I keep the salt off it. :3:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I finally uncovered the Mustang today after 7 months or so in storage. I started her up and moved her about 10 feet and let her idle for a while. I let her air out with the doors, trunk, and engine bay open.
Then she got dusted off and got the windows cleaned the and she still looks brand new and sounds great!

However, My headlights look a bit cloudy though, I dont understand why they do that, so thats a $60 repair job I am gonna have to deal with sometime soon.

If it isnice out for the next couple of days, I can work on installing this years mods, and then post some pics!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Polish with cheap toothpaste, save $57.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I tried toothpaste and a headlight cleaning solution on my headlights. Neither did a thing for me, but it worked great on the tail lights of my fathers astro. I probably have some cheap ebay oem replacements with lovely plastic though.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

kalvick posted:

I finally uncovered the Mustang today after 7 months or so in storage. I started her up and moved her about 10 feet and let her idle for a while. I let her air out with the doors, trunk, and engine bay open.
Then she got dusted off and got the windows cleaned the and she still looks brand new and sounds great!

However, My headlights look a bit cloudy though, I dont understand why they do that, so thats a $60 repair job I am gonna have to deal with sometime soon.

If it isnice out for the next couple of days, I can work on installing this years mods, and then post some pics!

Wet sand with high grit then polish. Takes a couple hours, but it's cheap. Just make sure to polish and put a UV protectant on them, or they'll yellow immediately.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005
Saw a new GT350 with manufacturer plates on the road today. I didnt even notice at first till I heard the test driver punch it for about half a second - that flat plane crank is instantly recognizable.

I want that car.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

So I just developed a problem. I can't tell if its starter, or fuel pump, and was hoping to get some input.

If I jump in the car and start it, it clicks like the starter is bad, but if I turn it on(without starting it), let it sit for a few minutes, and try again it will start if I pump the brakes(just tries to turn over otherwise). I am will randomly lose power for a half second or so while on the road.

Based on this little amount of info, which seems more likely? I would be convinced fuel pump if it were not for the clicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
did you try pushing the schrader valve? did gas come out? or hiss or anything? its looks like a little bicycle tire plug where you would hook up a bike pump, you can press it down with your finger.
check out this link for a location http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt121/mell00ut/Untitled.png

if its clicking that's the battery not supplying enough juice to the alternator. after a while the clicking will stop because the battery is dead.
if its clicking all the time then the battery is ok and the alternator is ok, but gas is not getting into the engine to turn it over.

so yea, I would say fuel pump. Get something high end, so you dont have to upgrade it later if you decide to get a super charger or something ;)