Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

si
Apr 26, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

I don't give a poo poo about instancing but no GM's at all? What the gently caress.

There's no GMs on test, and as far as I know haven't been in any recent history. Doesn't really matter that much at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
The no GMs thing doesn't sound right. GMs aren't really tied to servers anymore, they handle everything almost nothing through the petition page.

Feel free to reroll a new character.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

cheesetriangles posted:

I don't give a poo poo about instancing but no GM's at all? What the gently caress.

Aren't progression servers all about drama and fighting over the progression raid spawns? I imagine that takes a lot of GM effort to manage.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You bet your rear end I'm going to go camp some jboots.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

boho posted:

To be fair, the legends of how "slow, tedious, and punitive" EQ was are as exaggerated as the rose-colored nostalgia of True Fans. Arguably they feed off each other.

No, it was quite loving slow.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

The no GMs thing doesn't sound right. GMs aren't really tied to servers anymore, they handle everything almost nothing through the petition page.

Feel free to reroll a new character.

The 2 people left in the CS dept are too busy sending out form letters informing you of all the things they can't help with to actually do anything.

The next progression server is going to have de-facto Sullon Zek rules. Mike is getting so hyped over it. Last time he got a suspension for "violating the spirit of the server" or some poo poo like that, this time he's just going to loving own everything.

Never use any EQ chat channels, you can probably still get infractions for saying gently caress in ooc, but any response to training or KSing is going to happen 3-5 business days later, or never.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I assume no new information on release of new progression server beyond "early summer"?

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

With the fippy goons quitting the channel is so lonely while I do self imposed progression like the loser I am, so if anybody wants to screw around on test in anticipation for new prog server or to really play high end group content just join the channel and let me know who you are and I will help you out with leveling or gear

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

With the fippy goons quitting the channel is so lonely while I do self imposed progression like the loser I am, so if anybody wants to screw around on test in anticipation for new prog server or to really play high end group content just join the channel and let me know who you are and I will help you out with leveling or gear

If you are on Test, I have a 105 and I would enjoy seeing some of the high-end group content. I am about as geared as I am going to get outside of raids that I will never see and those very rare TDS rare drops, but I would still enjoy seeing the content. I am still grinding out AA as well. Enchanters don't need a lot of AA, relatively speaking, to do well, but to max out they need an awful lot. I am at over 12.3k and still plenty to go. I have everything that really matters at this point, but I am determined for some reason to show this game who the boss is and eventually get to the point where experience no longer matters.

Mind you, I still have gently caress all for mercenary experience because when I solo, I really solo. Merc experience takes ages, so sod it.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

If you are on Test, I have a 105 and I would enjoy seeing some of the high-end group content. I am about as geared as I am going to get outside of raids that I will never see and those very rare TDS rare drops, but I would still enjoy seeing the content. I am still grinding out AA as well. Enchanters don't need a lot of AA, relatively speaking, to do well, but to max out they need an awful lot. I am at over 12.3k and still plenty to go. I have everything that really matters at this point, but I am determined for some reason to show this game who the boss is and eventually get to the point where experience no longer matters.

Mind you, I still have gently caress all for mercenary experience because when I solo, I really solo. Merc experience takes ages, so sod it.

Do Chanters still use charm to solo nowadays? I always liked them and have been kinda itching to try one out on Test.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Maed posted:

Do Chanters still use charm to solo nowadays? I always liked them and have been kinda itching to try one out on Test.

Yes, but I do not. Not sure why I don't, to be honest. What I do to solo is I pull a mob with Tash, then root/mez him with Scintillating Beam. I put my mana-drain DoT on him and then mez with Chaotic Bafflement to get the two free Twincasts. I use my two best nukes to do damage, then repeat the mez-nuke-nuke cycle, punting as necessary.

One thing you can say about enchanters... they may not be DPS kings, but they are tough. If I put up all of my best Runes and shields, it takes a while to wear me down. I was doing an Heroic Adventure last night with a tank who was useless. He was underleveled, but that wasn't the only reason. Right at the end there was a named mob who con'd yellow to me at 105. Our rogue, who was basically our tank, got eaten alive due largely to stupid cleric mercs - the SK flopped and did gently caress all. I basically sat there tanking the named while using all of my burns and nuking as hard as I could. I killed him mostly solo as our healer merc had been eaten, but then I died to a DB-con bit of zone trash because I had used most of my tricks and the refresh timers on my defencive spells were down. To be honest, I did not expect to beat the named and the trash mob caught me off guard.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Prog server is going to be a disaster because the 2 types of people that want them are on totally opposite cultures. One side is going to want old school grouping, without boxes, and their ~nostalgic~ 3d chatroom. The other side is going to rip and tear their way to the top and bot-amate 16sks to HT everything.

Then the nostalgia people quit and beg for another prog server.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

I have a work week so I can't play this week since we have dinner every night until like 9-10 my time.

Not that it matters, as I understand it 12 people (not including a few bots) showed up to raid this week on Fippy. New progression server, DBG refusing to punish Citizen, and Citizen clearing Sanctum Somnium has apparently murdered EoE. People keep saying to wait till next week when I'll be back to try and lead poo poo, but my interest level in EQ is close to zero now because of above reasons.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
What did Citizen do?

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Exploited raid keys from what I remember them talking about

I just spent the last two days doing DoDarkhollow progression and Demiplane of blood might be the most genuinely unpleasant experience I have ever had playing this game. Worse than Uqua and Rathe council combined

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
There's a Tier 3 HoT raid called Guardian of the House, its an absolute joke of a raid. In-era, you can do the entire thing with 6-12 people, as long as you have a knight. Also with full Finishing Blow AAs, the boss is dead in seconds with even just one melee once its below 10%.

Citizen cascaded the instance by clearing it with all their keyed people, then drop down to like 1 or 2 people in the DZ to kill Lilth, then re-add everyone to get loot. Since the raid drops 2 backflags, they could do this as many times as they wanted, especially since they could just dump the dz on a level 1 to hold it while the boss died. In their case, the first night they could do it, they did it something like 15 times, and continued to do so during the week.

So in one night they got completely flagged for Fear Itself raid (3 keys per clear of Guardian) and all of their mains had full Tier 3 armor. This is a blatant exploit that they had listed on their DKP page for weeks, and we reported it to every possible avenue we could think of, directly to devs, CS, etc. We know this is a suspense exploit because Triality did the same thing to other events, and got punished for it.

This time? Nothing happened, and Citizen threw their 15 berserker alts at everything they could until they won the rest of the expansion. (I'm not remotely joking about that by the way. Their zerkers, tanks, and healers were all level 84 at highest before they beat Cazic in Fear Itself. Apparently one of their zerkers was level 80 before they beat event 6). Most of the people in EoE that quit however is simply because DBG didn't even bother to slap them on the wrist, let alone take the proper actions. In the end though, the whole situation was a losing one for us the moment any one of us petitioned. All we had to do is just do it ourselves, and we would have crushed them to Sanctum Somnium. By reporting it, several members and two officers immediately refused to do it themselves when DBG inevitably told us not to, and then we started to lose people.

In hindsight, there was absolutely no way they were going to take the proper action, not when its clear that their CS now has a bottom line to worry about. They had 3 options as far as I see.
1) The proper options: Ban or suspend and roll back everyone who exploited. Guaranteed to make something like 40 accounts minimum quit and stop paying them.
2) The weak option: Suspend them for a few weeks. A couple of them would have quit, a couple of us would have quit.
3) The option they went with: Do nothing. A couple of EoE quit, none of them did.

By the way, this is the sort of poo poo you get to look forward to on the new progression. I'm 99% sure that Dima and Machen (the guild leaders of Citizen) are moving to new prog, and they're not going to change their habits.

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 9, 2015

si
Apr 26, 2004
Since I don't understand how it works - why does anyone care what a different guild does in terms of their raiding/etc?

I don't really care if the dude next to me exploits every facet of the game, short of messing with me directly it just doesn't matter at all.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
I really can't avoid being a dick to my guild to answer that, so guess I get to be a dick to my guild.

The short answer is the competition to server firsts mattered to certain people.

The long answer is the competition to server first mattered to people who had zero desire to do what was necessary ahead of time to make it happen. The kinds of people who sat on their asses and watched what Citizen did, then panicked and demanded that we do the same or more ridiculous to stay ahead. Since the guild leader and two of the officers thought the competition was more important than people having fun, we got to deal with fun poo poo like splitting raids when no one was even remotely prepared to split up the raid force to handle them. Or the guild leader demanding we call everyone to get them to log in because Citizen is raiding on a night they aren't, even when we don't really have anything of direct value to do. Or people wanting to raid with a force that clearly can't complete events, we raid and wipe, and then people get lovely about it. Or people who delude themselves constantly to say WE'RE STILL IN THE GAME when we're three cycles of clearing the next set of flags/keys behind.

Add those kinds of people to the people who don't care about the competition, and the people that don't care about the competition but are upset that DBG did gently caress all except the standard CS platitudes, and you have a guild that is going to fracture hard. Which is what happened.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

I just spent the last two days doing DoDarkhollow progression and Demiplane of blood might be the most genuinely unpleasant experience I have ever had playing this game. Worse than Uqua and Rathe council combined

I was thinking about getting this for my wizard. Is something like this deprecated through AA's or whatnot?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=46700

Pretty sure I can snag it but at what cost to my psyche?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah i'm pretty sure all wizard epics are useless at this point. The other problem with wiz 2.5 is that you need caster drop and if you're doing Demiplane you might as well give it to a necro.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

If you're on test I can get it for you since all my characters dont need it but if you are on a real server fat luck with that, Demi has so many annoying rear end mechanics it took me right at 12 hours to do the actual raid, some of it was that I had never done it before so didnt know what to do, but most was figuring out how to get past dumb mechanics like zone wide super debuff AE that you can only get rid of it after you've killed the first four bosses and left raid to go turn them in items outside of the raid, death touching trash mobs, multiple boss fights that are nothing but fast trigger emote response based, its like they just combined every worst mechanic all for one raid.

I am still going back next week since all the characters except the one I actually care about got the custom title for killing Mayong

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So a blatant key exploit didn't result in any punishment?

Sweet I cannot wait to grief the living poo poo out of everyone on the new progression server.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Hoohah you said you started on fippy in prophecy of ro didnt you? I keep getting hit with 3-5 day raid lockouts I have to wait out because every guide I can find from allakhazam and samanna leave stuff out, are you able to write out a order of things for PoR, TSS and TBS? It looks like SoF and beyond has logical flow to it but those 3 just seem like they have a dozen different competing quest arcs

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
For everyone who has extra linked RAF accounts laying around and wants to make some scrillla, I'm buying some in SA Mart.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712667

Wanna get prepared for the coming poop socks.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Kazak_Hstan posted:

So a blatant key exploit didn't result in any punishment?

Sweet I cannot wait to grief the living poo poo out of everyone on the new progression server.

Yep, go nuts. It's already pretty clear that DBG doesn't give a poo poo at all.

Hoohah you said you started on fippy in prophecy of ro didnt you? I keep getting hit with 3-5 day raid lockouts I have to wait out because every guide I can find from allakhazam and samanna leave stuff out, are you able to write out a order of things for PoR, TSS and TBS? It looks like SoF and beyond has logical flow to it but those 3 just seem like they have a dozen different competing quest arcs

Uhhh define the order of things?

If you mean quests, here's the quest chains to look up:
PoR: Harmonic Chime, Enraged Flesh Charm, Daosheen key
TSS - Ashengate Raids: There's a captain in Sunderrock, I don't remember the name, he's the quest chain to request Kellak and Vergalid. You need those bosses dead to do Ashengate flagging, which requires a couple of other quest lines done from Zhubis and Jenray. Have those tasks while you do AG East and AG West to get AG North
TSS - Frostcrypt Raids: Factioning with Fergarin, then do his three tasks, then do his three raids (don't slow Udengar!) then do Frostcrypt 1, then Frostcrypt 2.
TBS: There's a long rear end quest chain called 'A City in Peril,' finishing it so the ring is 300 h/m/e means you can click the orb in Katta Castrum and get Solteris.

By raids, its
PoR: Hail the shrine to druzzil ro in arcstone, then kill Daosheen. Kill a named dude that's usually up in Devastation, kill the bazu on the north end of Devastation, and kill the big named (not the wall named) in Sverag to get bones from each. Turn in bones + your enraged flesh charm and you can request Sullon. Kill her and do what allakhazam says. Go to North Ro and request Suchun the Blood Warden, and kill him, finish what allakhazam says to do to get Divine Fetters of Ro. Go to Theater of Blood and kill any of the big named (the easiest to solo is probably Mad Mary Anne on the bridge, just don't fall off and try to out-last the AEs) and loot an Inspiration. Give it to the drake at the zone-in spot of ToB to be able to zone in to Deathknell. Note, you can't actually finish Deathknell unless you have a rogue.

TSS: Kill Kellak the Serpent Lord, then kill Vergalid (kill Vergalid while you have the correct tasks or you'll get locked out and have to do it again). Kill stitch in AG east, and sothgar in AG west, then kill Lethar 2 in AG north to finish the AG side. Do Fergarin's three raids, finishing with King Odeen to get into Frostcrypt 1, kill Hearol and Grenwald to get access to FC 2, kill Beltron the Shade King to finish Frostcrypt side.

TBS: Clear Solteris (7 events)

Let me know if that's unclear.

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 10, 2015

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

That should be good, thanks. Problem was I started from alla's list that had Sullon being first so I did that whole chain and raid only to not have the shard of mana I needed for deathknell. Went and did the shard as fast as I could but apparently theres a timer that you have to stand in that spot in SZ's basement for so now I have a 5 day wait.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You know how to get the forced paper drop and whatever title you want from mayong right? EQResource has a write up if you search for mayong or demiplane. You can also get the formal invitation from trash mobs that let you click a statue in under shore I think. Makes getting there a lot faster. Get it on wizard and just secondary bind port your dudes there I guess.

It also shows on /keys which I think are cool to collect.

catrkoraz
Sep 9, 2006

Jotto posted:

For everyone who has extra linked RAF accounts laying around and wants to make some scrillla, I'm buying some in SA Mart.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712667

Wanna get prepared for the coming poop socks.

Mike??

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

darkhand posted:

You know how to get the forced paper drop and whatever title you want from mayong right? EQResource has a write up if you search for mayong or demiplane. You can also get the formal invitation from trash mobs that let you click a statue in under shore I think. Makes getting there a lot faster. Get it on wizard and just secondary bind port your dudes there I guess.

It also shows on /keys which I think are cool to collect.

I got the only page I needed so didn't bother with that but the guide I was following for which answers to give for what title was either wrong or I did something wrong because I ended up with The Beloved instead of the one I wanted and other characters didnt even get Beloved, might have something to do with how I was logging characters in and out between Tier 2 fights to get the right ones I needed for events but the Tier 1 fights are the ones that affect the title :shrug:

Oh this CR guide says only the person who talks to Mayong to trigger him gets the special title, hah, how did that get handled in guilds, people bidding DKP?

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 11, 2015

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

I don't think I'm the Mike you are looking for, if you are asking if I'm Mike that is.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Removed faction questions

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 11, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Isn't typing like him.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Node posted:

Isn't typing like him.

Who is Mike?

I'm out of whatever loop this is in I think.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bio says he's almost in the right area.

But yeah, he types way too cleanly to be mike.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

If you're on test I can get it for you since all my characters dont need it but if you are on a real server fat luck with that, Demi has so many annoying rear end mechanics it took me right at 12 hours to do the actual raid, some of it was that I had never done it before so didnt know what to do, but most was figuring out how to get past dumb mechanics like zone wide super debuff AE that you can only get rid of it after you've killed the first four bosses and left raid to go turn them in items outside of the raid, death touching trash mobs, multiple boss fights that are nothing but fast trigger emote response based, its like they just combined every worst mechanic all for one raid.

I am still going back next week since all the characters except the one I actually care about got the custom title for killing Mayong

How'd you box Sisters? That's legit the single hardest event to box I can imagine. I didn't think it was even possible to solo that without MQ Warping. That's drat impressive.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

I was writing out how I did it and then realized maybe somewhere in an alternate time line or galaxy far away there could be someone who would find it helpful if I just made a big post of all the new ways you can deal with old dumb raid mechanics since I am doing them all in a row, so that is what I will do goon sires. I will keep it all in one post so it is easy to search, quote or even ignore.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

1) Gates of Discord

Ikkinz raids - No longer need someone with any tradeskills to do raid combines, can confirm I did them all with characters that had 0 skill. To get around the mechanic of bosses or trash only dying to certain classes what I did was only have one class in the raid and it either eliminates the possibility of that boss only dying to other classes or I was really lucky. Ikkinz 4 still requires a rogue to pick pocket the entrance mob but this can be done with a goblin shroud.

Yxtta Riddle Door - You do not need to bother with the riddle, just get on your mount with levitate and get to the top of the highest pillar around the golems and run at the wall, right as you reach it take off your mount and you will get through it and still be high enough to reach the ledge.

Uqua - Relatively straight forward, you can illusion through gas chamber doors which I recommend since it still takes 6 characters to activate them the right way. Of note be sure you kill Vrex Barxt Qurat's golem first, if you kill Vrex first you do not get half of the loot or the ability to talk to Vrex as a ghost for your GoD progression.

Qvic - Straight forward.

Inktu'Ta - First boss straight forward solo, she will summon you back when she banishes you if you are the only person on aggro list. Exiles portion only requires 1 person each for each exile now. Cursecaller event can either be blown up in various ways or use a trick where you leave 6 characters at the top of the giant ramp and use an FD class to trigger the event then FD, curse bearers will go after the 6 at top of ramp but cannot reach them while the FD class kills the rooted cursecallers. Blow Noqufiel up.

Txevu - Illusion through doors. Only key required is Zun'Muram's Signet of Command to request Tacvi. Zun'Muram will banish you to locked doors you can and should illusion through or you get DT.

Tacvi - Everything is relatively straight forward. If boxing you can illusion through doors in order to engage more than one boss at a time. Particularly helpful for the time locked bosses like the splitters. Nothing is confusing or dangerous, some bosses can be blown up while others you have to endure their script with locked HP. Blow Tunat Muram up (twice).

2) Omens of War

MPG Trials - All trials require 6 live bodies on main platform to trigger. Most trials are straight forward, the trial with the Kyv sharpshooters require there to be 6 characters in the trial or it resets, so if you are just using 6 boxes none of them can die or it resets. Rest can be blown up or are straight forward what to do.

Anguish - Straight forward for the most part, Hanvar CAN be blown up and go right through his health lock but it requires tremendous burst damage, most likely you will just do the script. Arch Magus and Mata Muram's DT can be cured by a Plane of Hate shield (Shield of the Immaculate) that cures diseases and is tradeable so buy one in bazaar. Must target yourself or others before clicking it. Mata Muram's banish can be burst through to skip phase 2.

3) Dragons of Norrath

Various Dark Reign progression - Tirranun/Emoush/Volkara/Trial of Perseverance can be blown up easily. Shogurei requires a tracker still or getting lucky on which statue you kill to unlock his health. Goblin Dojo requires 6 bodies to activate. Yar'Lir and Ju'Rek can be blown up. Vishimtar can be blown up with extreme burst but most likely you will need to target Mournful Spirits and /say shoulder my burden, to unlock his health.

4) Depths of Darkhollow

Blood raids - Council of Nine, Bloodeye and Matriarch can be blown up. Sendaii goes through full event script. Emperor Draygun requires you to stop attacking him at certain stages or you heal him back to full.

Demiplane of Blood - Graniteclaw, Redfang, Devlin can be blown up.

My Wailing Sisters method was to have 3 characters designated to one sister each, this character would never untarget their sister, then I would use a 4th character to find out what each sister wanted and once I did I would allow one of the 3 to respond to them with what they wanted to know. This kept it pretty simple to not have to worry about which sister realized I had betrayed them. The 4 characters should be in no summon gear with no damage shields on them.

Hatchet can be relatively straight forward where you ignore his emotes entirely, no ducking etc, but still needed to drag him into traps to unlock health.

Roley and Adrianna DeFarge is a little complicated and you have to follow script, it is made easier by advanced looting allowing you to stockpile weapons but the weapons must still be used by only the classes designated to them. Do not burst Adrianna down or you will bug out the encounter.

The Performer is also complicated. What I ended up doing was camping all characters but one out, this ensures that you are the only one receiving emotes. I made 4 new chat windows and used Filter Other and hailed each singer so their song was in one of the four windows each, that made it much more convenient than alt tabbing and trying to find the lyric.

Tris Wallow is annoying. Her mechanic requires her to be at 100% life before you use remove curse, not 98%, not 99%, only 100%. So you must take off all damage shields, no summon equipment, etc. For some reason she still keeps losing life no matter what you do so I had to end up timing my curse removal to land right as a heal landed with another character. You have to do this several times. She also has two types of charm, a melee one that will proc and one you can avoid by turning your character to face away from her. I had to use several characters to spread the melee proc one around or all characters would get charmed and event reset.

The Master - Blow up. Bane weapons or clicks were not used in any way.

5) Prophecy of Ro

Razorthorn, Tower of Sullon Zek - All 3 bosses can be blown up. Sullon Zek has shockingly low HP making it incredibly easy.

Daosheen - Blow up before you get screwed with charms.

I have to wait to tomorrow to do rest of PoR, will fill it in when I do.

6) The Serpent's Spine

Vergalid's Mine - Blow up.

Vergalid's End - Blow up everything.

Ashengate East - Blow up all 3 bosses/events. Must still do ambush script and don't leave any mobs in it unaggro'd very long or it resets.

Ashengate West - Ambersnout has a massive damage shield that you can still attack through as an SK, or you can nuke them too, otherwise follow script if you cannot handle the DS damage. Attendants of Sothgar are annoying. Must DPS them to 8-10% life when they change into Enraged Attendants then kill them in order from smallest to biggest. If you do it wrong they immediately reset. They are also standing on raised and lower platforms making it harder to judge their size. What I ended up doing was just sending a character to each of the 5 and then randomly killing one and hoping it was the right one. Then doing that again and hoping I got lucky, once I was down to 3 of them it made it much easier to deal with. Sothgar the Twiceborn CAN be burst through script but most likely you will still go by it which doesn't really involve anything special.

Ashengate North - First encounter is extremely annoying and worst part of TSS raids imo. Many waves of mobs that have unresistable aura effects of silence and 300% slow and a lot of healers. Get through this any way you can, I suggest killing the healers first then choosing whichever fits your class layout the most between silence/slow. Shade of Veldyn, Lethar first encounter, Dyn'Leth and Lethar's Final Stand can be blown up.

Valdeholm - Kangur Vafta Veor blow up. High Lorekeeper Udengar Dergon I did not use any help from the guards I opted to kill them instead and solo the whole encounter with just one SK to see if it could be done. Took half an hour but it was more convenient to me than dealing with watching guard health. King Odeen I followed alla's guide kill order but still blew everything up. At the end when he goes to the bridge you can use mount and levitate to run across the bridge away from them or use Divine Aura to get through so they wont knock you back.

Frostcrypt #1 - 3 Brothers blow up. Overwhelming Numbers requires you to light almost all the torches in the area the zombies are spawning, what alla doesnt say is that you have to pick up the torch on the ground and then light it before using it to light another. Takes awhile. Shadow Selves blow up. Lorekeeper Bentlof blow up. Hearol the Tactician blow up.

Frostcrypt #2 - The Sleepless Guard, Wulfnor the Gladiator and Fridleif Master Warcraft can be blown up. I did not bother using Fridleif's guards to attack him. Harfange the Black blow up.

Beltron the Shade King can't be blown up but he is not complicated anymore, you can easily solo him as SK or someone with healing power but it will take forever since the only damage is coming from DS or his debuff he puts on you, so you can bring as many characters as you want to speed it up however the more characters you have the more jails he is going to trap you in, I began breaking people out of the jails at first but then realized it was too much of a hassle and just let them die while the SK solo'd him the rest of the way.

7) The Buried Sea

Solteris, Throne of Ro - Mayong's Mistresses I..technically blew up? I did not pay attention or plan out any of the items I gave the sisters and ended up fighting two of them who were nearly invulnerable to all my damage. Took forever. Deadly Swarm just blow up. Rear Guard Captain Balreth was possibly the most frustrating fight I ever had to do. There are several ways you can do him but be warned that they all suck to actually do. Really suck. Suck. The Captured Portal burn Astire down, do not bother with the adds first. Irrissa The Seer burn as well, I did not bother to do anything related to the portal adds, just let everything run to me and eventually she died. Commodus Solar Construct was blown up with no care given to his adds. Two Gods solo'd as an SK to make sure I did not have to worry anything about DT mechanics. I did not do any health balancing either, killed Solusek with Mayong still at 90%, no cooldowns or lifetaps even needed to keep myself up. Very easy fight.

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 16, 2015

si
Apr 26, 2004
So UCS being down I haven't been able to ask questions in gchat. I've been trying to do the VoA Rk III spell stuff, which seems to involve me doing some purchases from a giant pig guy in a tunnel in Resplendent Temple, and a few from outside City of Bronze. The City of Bronze one is pretty easy to reach and I found nothing aggressive, but I did notice that inside City of Bronze seems very angry with me - guards there show as KoS when I check them out from a distance.

The pig guy I haven't been able to reach, finding very aggressive things all around Resplendent Temple. Went invis to try to walk to him that way, but there's both KoS undead and non-undead around. I've been gating out to avoid these guys because I don't know if it's going to cause bad faction hits if I start murdering. What's the best approach to actually reaching these and not having them want me dead? The Alla guides on the progressions don't seem to do any discussion of faction.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

For VoA RC use Rebellion Chits to buy minor lesser and medians from vendor in Sarith, City of Tides, for Greaters use the pig guy in Resplen Temple he is reached by going into an underground tunnel on the northeast side of map outside of the castle, for Glowing you can only buy 2 from the City of Bronze vendor, who is northwest and outside of the wall. All can be reached with regular invis and no fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

si
Apr 26, 2004

For VoA RC use Rebellion Chits to buy minor lesser and medians from vendor in Sarith, City of Tides, for Greaters use the pig guy in Resplen Temple he is reached by going into an underground tunnel on the northeast side of map outside of the castle, for Glowing you can only buy 2 from the City of Bronze vendor, who is northwest and outside of the wall. All can be reached with regular invis and no fighting.

Hm, the pig guy I ran into a corpse/undead in the tunnel before him that saw through the invis. Had a couple of other aggressive pigs. Went back out and hit a couple of temple guys who were aggressive (idealist I think?) and also a 'soiled essence' I think that also saw through normal invis and was assisted by some of the Noitre guys.

I'm pretty sure I can take all of them in a fight, just not sure if it's faction-safe to do so.