Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

Drifter posted:

most people talking about GARPHICS and poo poo insist on running games at 2160x1920 or whatever. Turn down shadows and SSAO off and have a decent resolution and many should be fine.

On the other hand, the 4850 is like 7 years old at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Verviticus posted:

im inferring from the talk in this thread that my radeon 4850 won't be adequate for this game. hmm..

Radeon 4000s don't even do DirectX 11, yeah no that ain't happenin' :smith:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Roshnak posted:

On the other hand, the 4850 is like 7 years old at this point.

I know jack poo poo about radeon cards. That's why I amended my post to generalities, and not just the dude I quoted.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
I'm very hyped for this game but I've got a couple questions that a quick googling hasn't been able to answer if anyone here might know - how long after the end of the Witcher 2 is this game set and in that time period how much of the Northern Kingdoms has Nilfgaard been able to conquer?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Bort Bortles posted:

the people who designed the quests were probably sitting on their hands, so CDPR had them work on something. :

Sup

Some people are extremely busy, othere are working on other things. Development doesn't work like some people think, with everyone all hands on deck until ship. You have things like certifications and stuff where you basicallying can't make changes anymore unless it's critical, changes are dangerous. Patches have size restrictions and costs associated with them. Some teams will inevitably be finished before others.

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 10, 2015

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 4GB.

Though it's too late to stop me. It's done. :shepicide:

It's win/ win because you can run the 670 card as a dedicated physx card. Now you can fully experience the hair works systems as intended.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Hulk Smash! posted:

I meet - barely - the minimum reqs with an i5-2500k, 8GB RAM and a GTX 560 ti (which I figure should be roughly comparable to a 660) but, then again, I also have a PS4. I'm still not sure which version I'll go for.

Excited for this either way.

Oh god my computer is so old that I won't be able to run this game that is seriously depressing. I need to start working in prostitution or something.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
So how's my 560 Ti gonna handle this beaut?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kontradaz posted:

So how's my 560 Ti gonna handle this beaut?

It'll do really well at a resolution of 640x480.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sauer kraut posted:

Radeon 4000s don't even do DirectX 11, yeah no that ain't happenin' :smith:

I've got a Radeon HD 6800 or something so I'm either going to be middlin' at best or hosed. :ohdear:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I'm :laffo:'in pretty hard at everyone in here with a card pushing ten years that thinks it's gonna play the new hotness these days.

The 360 & PS3 era is over, people. Time to pay the upgrade tax and be thankful this isn't 1999.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

This is the first major step upgrade that I've noticed, is all. All other poo poo still runs on my i7 920 / 560Ti / 18GB RAM setup quite fine. The idea of going 'mid-to-high' to 'barely runs' graphics quality is just a bit of a big step that you suddenly notice.

I was hoping to hold out another year or so for an upgrade but I might have to jump the gun on that.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I hope my Radeon X1950Pro still works, otherwise I'll have to rely on my trusty Matrox Millennium 2 to render the menus.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rime posted:

I'm :laffo:'in pretty hard at everyone in here with a card pushing ten years that thinks it's gonna play the new hotness these days.

The 360 & PS3 era is over, people. Time to pay the upgrade tax and be thankful this isn't 1999.

Hey now, the 6800 was able to play everything that wasn't Metro Redux on high and up! I've been meaning to just buy a whole new computer since the whole thing's getting pretty old anyway though, this is as good an excuse as any.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Can your computer run The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Haha, it's been a while since I've even called up dxdiag, so I had forgotten I still had an i5 2500. it is still a fine cpu, though.I don't think I'll need to upgrade that for another year or two.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My CPU is the only thing that doesn't cut the mustard. :smith: Well, for the minimum reqs, anyway.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm hoping my GTX970 can run this, worried if the above is taking the "only" 3,5 vram controversy into account.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Avalerion posted:

I'm hoping my GTX970 can run this, worried if the above is taking the "only" 3,5 vram controversy into account.

You're fine. It's only spergs complaining about it. You'd have to run insane settings (for a single card setup) that would get impacted from system bottlenecks before the video card would be at fault.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-revisited

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Controversy doesn't affect performance, which is why none of the benchmarks changed after the details were uncovered.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh oh I can finally play video card chat time with PC gamers! Never done this before.

Gee whiz I wonder if the game will play on my GTX 760 in a i5-4590 with 8 gigs of RAM. Do people still list RAM? It would be on a 4K monitor, which I hear is more taxing, but I've never played any game on this computer and never will :shrug:

I'll let you guys know how the PS4 version is though. If it's at least 900p and 25+ frames per second I sure will be a happy boy.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Reverse Centaur posted:

Oh oh I can finally play video card chat time with PC gamers! Never done this before.

Gee whiz I wonder if the game will play on my GTX 760 in a i5-4590 with 8 gigs of RAM. Do people still list RAM? It would be on a 4K monitor, which I hear is more taxing, but I've never played any game on this computer and never will :shrug:

I'll let you guys know how the PS4 version is though. If it's at least 900p and 25+ frames per second I sure will be a happy boy.

PS4 is targeted for 1080p 30fps while the Xbone is 900p 30fps. So you're set.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Witcher-3-PS4-Xbox-One-Framerate-Resolution-Revealed-69722.html

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

CitrusFrog posted:

This is the game that's probably going to kill my 460GTX.

Yeah same! Looking forward to it.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Drifter posted:

Haha, it's been a while since I've even called up dxdiag, so I had forgotten I still had an i5 2500. it is still a fine cpu, though.I don't think I'll need to upgrade that for another year or two.

As far as I can tell the 2500 performs about as well as CPUs people recommend for gaming computers these days so :confused:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
So how hosed am I with my GTX 580 and 1680x1050?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

BBJoey posted:

As far as I can tell the 2500 performs about as well as CPUs people recommend for gaming computers these days so :confused:

I don't know how much CPUs really matter to most games these days but I'm not very comfortable with the fact that the 2500 is listed as a minimum requirement. I think an upgrade to i5 4690 is in order within the next month.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is "can my computer run Witcher 3" the new "can my computer run Crysis"?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

So how hosed am I with my GTX 580 and 1680x1050?

Might work. It's gonna get loud and hot though :ohdear:

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Forget system requirements and watch this really awesome trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Forget system requirements and watch this really awesome trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc

Good loving lord everything about this looks amazing. Does the opposite of making me forget about system requirements, though.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Jesus Christ this game looks amazing. So amazing. I hope the collector's edition goes back on sale soon.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

sauer kraut posted:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I put that whale there

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

For some, it never gets too loud, even when it's working hard.

"Even...racism!"

Truly the most horrendous of crimes in a world full of literal and figurative monsters where interdimensional elves want to rule the world again. Isn't it speciesism anyway?
Game looks amazing obviously, I'm way too hyped.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I put that whale there

You have until release to put in shanties as well, tia.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I put that whale there

Did you, or anybody you know on the team, throw in any easter eggs for players to find? I don't know how one would resist.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Did you, or anybody you know on the team, throw in any easter eggs for players to find? I don't know how one would resist.

Of course, but my best easter egg didn't make it in, I couldn't get it working in time and got swamped with other things.

I can't say what it was right now cause it involves confirming a character we haven't used in media, but you can ask me again later.

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 10, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat this game is so pretty.

Of course, but my best easter egg didn't make it in, I couldn't get it working in time and got swamped with other things.

Whale, at least you tried

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I couldn't get it working in time and got swamped with other things.

A time-related easter egg in the swamps? Got it.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I've got some funny stuff that made it in, too, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

God drat, just when I thought I couldn't get more hyped for this game. My GTX 660 Ti better run this and not explode in the process! :pray:

• Locked thread