Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Braxton Miller's officially off the NCAA hook.

He gets to use his likeness to sell some lovely pyramid scheme supplements but Gurley cant sell his autograph is some steaming poo poo right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't think it's really comparable at all.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Using your likeness to sell stuff, sounds pretty similar to me.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
One can easily be explained away as "Like 2/5 dumb college kids sell this pyramid scheme bullshit" and the other really can't unless your entrepreneurship major friend has suddenly decided to sell his signature on a picture of himself for money.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I went to/was a counselor at a summer camp that should by no means have been allowed to keep an alligator on site but totally did, and it was overall a pretty lazy, laid back animal. I mean if you go to the edge of the water where they're lying in wait to catch prey I'm sure they will gently caress you up, but if you come across a gator sunning itself on a golf course or the shoulder of a highway or whatever I think it will almost certainly not gently caress with you unless you get up in its space or otherwise annoy it. Even then it will probably just want you to go away and won't chase you down or anything.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Even if it was not against the rules for the players to do stuff like that, you should still get punished for being even tangentially related to a pyramid scheme

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rewatching Baylor/OU out of boredom.

God, OU's players and fans were all so butthurt through pretty much that entire second half. :allears:

And then Knight got real hurt and it stopped being so much fun. :smith:

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Braxton probably explained to the NCAA infractions committee about the great moneymaking opportunity he's been given, and how they too can be apart of this fabulous and amazing team. After an hour long powerpoint he finally got them to drop the charges in exchange for becoming members of his team.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

New cost of attendance figures are out:

http://chronicle.com/article/At-Least-15-Athletics-Programs/229229/

Texas Tech has the highest CoA in the Big XII. Tennessee has the highest overall, with Auburn not far behind. The top 10 has 4 SEC schools and 4 Big XII schools.

I feel like they really need to standardize this amount. Or at least standardize the inputs so the only difference is the area's cost of living.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

News:

Views:
#1: That's a hell of a catch.
#2: Holy poo poo, Hudspeth is ripped.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Florida showing that they are ready to play with the rest of the SEC after the Muschamp Era, WR Chris Thompson charged with misdemeanor simple battery / dating violence.

Really folks, it isn't hard to just keep your hands to yourself and when poo poo gets started just walk it out.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

News:

Views:

His lats are ridiculous.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

vyst posted:

His lats are ridiculous.

Uhh, how do you see his lats there?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That man is wearing a meat backpack

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Wow check out his abs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Regnevelc posted:

Uhh, how do you see his lats there?

He means traps.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

He means traps.

Yea I meant traps. I get them mixed up. My bad!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
J

kayakyakr posted:

New cost of attendance figures are out:

http://chronicle.com/article/At-Least-15-Athletics-Programs/229229/

Texas Tech has the highest CoA in the Big XII. Tennessee has the highest overall, with Auburn not far behind. The top 10 has 4 SEC schools and 4 Big XII schools.

How the gently caress Lubbock gonna cost more than Austin?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thermos H Christ posted:

J

The funny part is Atlanta costing jack poo poo compared to college towns. Gonna go ahead and call bs on that one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Down here, if you are killed by alligator you either astonishingly stupid, or really, really unlucky.

Gators are generally pretty chill, but you don't want to jump into a loving blackwater swamp wearing a suit made of fish filets and hotdogs or anything.

The real problem is that dipshit tourists (I sense a recurring theme in my life) come down here and toss them bags of chips, hamburgers, filet mignon, or whatever else they can drag into their paddle boats. The gators lose their fear of humans and expect a hand out.

I've been swimming, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, diving and floating in SC, Georgia and Florida bodies of water my entire life. All you need is a healthy respect and just the slightest notion of common sense and you'll be fine.

MourningView posted:

People in Florida are astoundingly dumb and deserve to be brutally murder and devoured by prehistoric reptiles.

I don't disagree, but do we really want to see alligators on meth?

PostNouveau posted:

This is shameful, UF. Get yourself a real gator. What kind of self-respecting school doesn't have a live version of its mascot? TCU, I'm looking at you too.

I think FSU cut off his tail in the 50s. So they stopped.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Big Jesus posted:

The funny part is Atlanta costing jack poo poo compared to college towns. Gonna go ahead and call bs on that one.

Yeah, this has come up before and apparently it's based on some kind of federal statistics but something seems really off. Like loving hell Starkville's cost of living is three times as much as Atlanta.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa does not keep a fictional 18th century woodsman in a cage on campus and it is poorer for it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

I've been swimming, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, diving and floating in SC, Georgia and Florida bodies of water my entire life. All you need is a healthy respect and just the slightest notion of common sense and you'll be fine.

you're gonna get eaten up lol

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pakled posted:

Yeah, this has come up before and apparently it's based on some kind of federal statistics but something seems really off. Like loving hell Starkville's cost of living is three times as much as Atlanta.

It really has to do with what schools claim as the cost of attendance. So in general they want to keep it lower so it looks better to potential students. Ways to do that are by saying you don't need a laptop since there's a computer lab in the library. It's pretty stupid that that arbitrary number is talked about being used for the stipend. I don't think it will end up going that way though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

Iowa does not keep a fictional 18th century woodsman in a cage on campus and it is poorer for it.

you can at least have a fan who shows up to every game dressed like this

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MourningView posted:

Iowa State would probably win more games if we could have a functioning cyclone to let loose on the other team.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My favorite Gator story is the time they got curbstomped in Baton Rouge coming in ranked #1 in 1996. That game owned owned owned.

In all honesty though I grew up with / around gators and hunted them a fair bit. Pretty dumb overall. In Louisiana you don't see the problems that Florida has with them because American Alligators overall are pretty scared of people. In a natural setting they would only attack a human if you were near a nest / mother. Florida has more of an issue because they developed right into / over their habitats more than we have so you get random gators popping up in golf courses, swimming pools, backyards.

I play rugby with a guy from Australia and after swapping large reptile stories it's apparent that Saltwater crocs are like the worst things in the world and are bigger meaner gator deathmachines.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Ehud posted:

He means traps.

It is truly Traps or Die for Coach Hud

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa State would probably win more games if we could have a functioning cyclone to let loose on the other team.

Didn't that happen in one of the last home games against Colorado? Game was delayed, everybody evacuated to Hilton until it passed, then ISU stomped them?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That Works posted:

My favorite Gator story is the time they got curbstomped in Baton Rouge coming in ranked #1 in 1996. That game owned owned owned.

:eng101: 1997

And here's my response:

or

or

:smug:

That Works posted:

I play rugby with a guy from Australia and after swapping large reptile stories it's apparent that Saltwater crocs are like the worst things in the world and are bigger meaner gator deathmachines.

Saltwater crocs are like 17-20', 1000lbs of pure muscle, rock hard scales and loving malice. They are the foundation upon which nightmares are built.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

Travel. 5 hours in a car or $100 on a plane.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

then ISU stomped them?

this story seems pretty suspect

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This was the worst day ever. I remember being all like "Pshhh Tebow is an overrated little bitch who is about to get dominated by a sick nasty LSU defe- :stare: "

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Looks like 30-16 in 2005 is the closest thing to a stomping there on Iowa State's side. Which happens to be the last year Colorado had a winning record at 7-6, they went to a bowl in '07 but finished 6-7.

I don't know why I'm so fascinated with Colorado's downfall. If they stay bad for another 10 years they'll almost be like Kansas State in reverse.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 10, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

30-16, so I guess not a stomping. But ISU didn't lose, which is better than usual.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

30-16, so I guess not a stomping. But ISU didn't lose, which is better than usual.

Crosby hit a 57 yard field goal with the wind at his back too. I don't think anyone was making field goals going the other way.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

News:

Views:

Lafayette is like the AAS capitol of America and has the nicest gym in the state (Red's).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

And here's my response:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

C'mon, man. Don't make me post Tebow crying in Tiger Stadium. Crying.

• Locked thread