Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nicol Bolas
Feb 13, 2009
Zaya is glorious, but if what you really like is that aggressively molasses-y flavor, definitely check out Old Monk. I picked up a bottle for like $19 and I adored the stuff--it's a bit rough and strong on the palette, not as smooth as Zaya or Ron Zacapa, but it makes up for it with a ton of really explosive flavor, headed up by molasses. It also mixes quite well, and it definitely doesn't disappear into a cocktail or wilt under bitters the way a more subtle rum might. I've never had Cruzan Blackstrap but based on what Kenning said Old Monk might be worth a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
Thanks for the recommendations, that's exactly what I was looking for. I enjoy the direction of Cruzan black but agree it's way too heavy on the molasses flavor to sip directly

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

The Land of the Robots will rise again
I keep trying tons of other rums, but keep coming back to El Dorado being my go-to sipper. I read earlier some others were looking for recommendations on what's similar to an El Dorado 12 year, and I'd like to hear any feedback as well. The only other one that's on par, if not slightly better, is the Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva. Oh man, it's an incredibly awesome rum for those that enjoy El Dorado!

Also, if any rums are hard to find at your local store, there's a website you order all this from:
http://www.drinkupny.com/

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I like El Dorado 12 but have generally found Diplomatico a bit sweet

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
IIRC, both ED and Diplomatico are Guyana rums from the same distillery. (There only being one large distillery in Guyana.) What comes out of there tends to taste the same.

Not that that's a problem, they're both quite tasty.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

pgroce posted:

IIRC, both ED and Diplomatico are Guyana rums from the same distillery. (There only being one large distillery in Guyana.) What comes out of there tends to taste the same.

Not that that's a problem, they're both quite tasty.

I imagine the blends will be quite different - they certainly taste quite different.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

mfcrocker posted:

I imagine the blends will be quite different - they certainly taste quite different.

Sorry, yes. You're correct, of course. I mean the distillate tends to taste the same. Diplomatico añejo doesn't taste exactly like ED 12, but there's a very strong family resemblance.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've a Rum Nation Demerara Solera no. 14, it's the same distillate as El Dorado, and while it reminds me of that rum, at the same time it's quite different.

Nicol Bolas
Feb 13, 2009
Plantation 20th anniversary is totally loving incredible. It's a 12 year rum apparently, I believe a solera, with smooth caramel okay sweetness and strong coconut fruity flavors. Totally gorgeous.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It's really a very pretty rum. Intense coconut cream custard flavors.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Does anyone have a solid mamajuana recipe, ideally one that focuses on ingredients at least semi-available in the US? The last part isn't essentail since I can hit up a botanica but I'd rather dodge that scene if possible.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

For those in the Bay Area, K&L is having an awesome rum event at Bar Agricole. Will feature Ed Hamilton's replacement for Lemon Hart 151 and other amazing stuff. I have a vague recollection of Kenning being nearby, if so, this seems right up his alley. $50 for food/tastings/cocktails.

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1193254

quote:

First, RUM!

three single casks of rum on the coming container next week, two from Guyana and a Jamaican one, but there’s plenty of new rum already in stock that must be considered!

Here is the second cask of our wildly popular FAULTLINE St Lucia Rum and it’s even better than last year. Cleaner, showing less burning tire and salty tears than last year, it is by no means lacking in character, but shows more balance. A massive rum caught in the tension between hogo, ester, spice, and fruit. A powerful yet elegant example of why pot-stilled rum can scratch that itch like no other spirit on earth. Grab it, sip it, or mix with it. Life is good.

Faultline St. Lucia Rum 750ml $39.99

A few years ago I had the pleasure of tasting an odd rum from St. Lucia as part of the Berry Bros & Rudd privately-bottled collection. I was instantly smitten. It was like nothing I had ever tasted before: fruit tea, menthol, root beer, molasses, and earthy pot still goodness all brimming from the bottle in waves. I brought it to a tasting group with friends and they all freaked out too. There was only one problem with that bottle: it was $110. I went on a mission to find a younger, less-expensive version of that rum to share with K&L customers, but, alas, I always came up empty. I emailed the distillery to see if they would sell us a barrel directly, but I never got a response from this mysterious producer. It wasn't until earlier this year that an importer randomly approached me about the possibility of selecting a single barrel of St. Lucian rum for K&L. I about fell over! YES! OF COURSE! We went through samples, found a barrel that worked, and got our amazing label designer into the studio. Now, for all you Tiki lovers out there, we've got that rum I've been longing to give you at a price you can afford: big sarsaparilla and root beer aromas, spiced tea, brandied fruit, and an earthy molasses note on the finish. It's a true representation of fresh molasses. This is easily sippable, but so Mai Tai friendly that you'll have a tough time making anything else. Ginger beer, rum Manhattans, anything. It's mind-blowing rum and it's finally ours!

Hampden Distillery Rum Fire Jamaican White Overproof Rum 750ml $21.99

This is the high ester white from the famous Hampden Distillery in Jamaica. The Jamaicans love their esters. Using a long dunder fermentations to create one of the world’s most outrageous products, Rum fire is high proof and high potency. At 63% you’d expect the name to be a reference to the high proof, but actually this stuff is pretty soft on the burn, showing great sweetness and balance at the high proof. Instead, the real fire is those drat esters. This stuff can make you cry from across the room. It’s 100% olfactory overload. If you think the J.Wray White is just a little too tame for your tastes, grab a bottle of this and get wild.

Hamilton 151 Overproof Demarara Rum 750ml $32.99 & Hamilton Demarara Rum 750ml $24.99

The long awaited Lemon Hart killers from rum impresario Ed Hamilton are finally here. He made a point of letting us know that these aren’t designed to be a replacement for the storied brand, but are in fact BETTER! Well of course he likes them, but so do we. Sourced from one of the big Dutch rum companies, he’s figured out the perfect blend of pot and column still to highlight the incredible quality of these southern Caribbean rums. Neither have been sweetened and both are showing incredible depth. These are the new standards for any Tiki geek, but should be considered for anyone looking to build a bar.

If you want to taste some of Ed’s fabulous offerings plus our exclusives, join us in the City to greet the official Minister of Rum at Bar Agricole on February 24th. This event is going to be off the hizzy bizzy, so get out and taste some of the world’s best rums with the world’s foremost rum expert. On Tuesday, February 24th, we'll be teaming back up with San Francisco's Bar Agricole for another mega patio party. This time, rather than brandy, we'll be focusing on the house specialty: RUM! And we won't be alone! Legendary rum figurehead Ed Hamilton will be on hand (lord of the Ministry of Rum) to pour some of his latest private-label selections. We'll have a few upcoming K&L exclusive specialties on hand as well. It's going to be off the chain! Not only will you get to taste a lot of different rums from a lot of different places, Thad and Eric will be there behind the bar, mixing up endless rum cocktail delights. And don't forget the food! There will be food to nourish all that rum in your belly. What more do you need? We'll be operating from 6 to 9 PM, and tickets are $50. No paper tickets, as we'll just add your name to the guest list. Reserve your spot by clicking on the link below. See you there!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Aw man that sounds off the hook. Now I need to consider if I can actually afford such a thing right now.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Nicol Bolas posted:

Zaya is glorious, but if what you really like is that aggressively molasses-y flavor, definitely check out Old Monk. I picked up a bottle for like $19 and I adored the stuff--it's a bit rough and strong on the palette, not as smooth as Zaya or Ron Zacapa, but it makes up for it with a ton of really explosive flavor, headed up by molasses. It also mixes quite well, and it definitely doesn't disappear into a cocktail or wilt under bitters the way a more subtle rum might. I've never had Cruzan Blackstrap but based on what Kenning said Old Monk might be worth a look.

Thanks for the Old Monk mention, I was in the store and forgot my little notepad I've been keeping thread recommendations on, saw your post on my phone and grabbed a bottle to try it. So far I've just had a bit of it sipped straight but holy crap this stuff is smoooooth. I can barely feel the alcohol, I had to check the bottle that it was 80 proof. It's really flavorful, feels like I'm drinking like a 40 proof liqueur or something, but not as sweet. Very highly recommended for your straight sippin needs.

In sadder news, they were out of Lemonhart :( I'm considering canvasing other big box stores in Dallas until I find some and can get my fix.

VVVV Will do. They still have the label for it on the shelf at the Specs at 75/Walnut Hill, but no actual bottles :cry:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 16, 2015

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Let me know where you find any, as a fellow Dallasite, I am sad to report I haven't ever found any in town.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Lemon Hart 151 is going to be unavailable in the States for a while. Keep an eye out for Hamilton Demerara Overproof. And say your prayers that we may soon again drink pure loving gunpowder rum in America, amen.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Oh they're doing tastings of 20 year Uitvlugt Demerara and 25 year Enmore Demerara at that rum thing tomorrow if you need more convincing. Goddamn that's going to be good. Anyways, if anybody is going, send me a PM, it'd be cool to meet.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I toured a rum distillery on St. Lucia. I tasted some very nice stuff and some really awful gimmicky stuff. I don't know if any of you would be familiar with the rums I tasted; none of the brands they produced are carried in my state. I'll post a few pictures when I have the wherewithal.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I toured a rum distillery on St. Lucia. I tasted some very nice stuff and some really awful gimmicky stuff. I don't know if any of you would be familiar with the rums I tasted; none of the brands they produced are carried in my state. I'll post a few pictures when I have the wherewithal.

Chairman's Reserve is a nice one, and we carry their spiced as well although it's a bizarre spice profile. Tastes like bubblegum, for some reason. The only other St Lucian I've had is Ed Hamilton's Ministry of Rum St Lucian ( an independant bottling type situation) which is mind-blowingly good if you can find it anywhere.http://www.shakestir.com/features/id/658/new-booze-the-ministry-of-rum-collection

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Can you goons recommend me a good starting rum? The only rum worth mentioning that I've had before is Lamb's Navy, which I like to mix with ginger ale or chai. I'd like to try my hand at sipping spirits but I have a feeling I'll end up mixing most of the time. Kind of tempted to go for Smith & Cross because every post about it makes it sound like nectar from the scurvy pirate gods but maybe I should save it for farther along my rum journey I dunno.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst
The first rum I had that truly opened my eyes to sipping rum was Angostura 1919. It can usually be had fairly inexpensively and it's a really fantastic sipper.

Smith and Cross is awesome, but I don't think I could sip it (is it even made for that?). Great mixer though, as it's strong enough to shine through mixers and doesn't get lost.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I currently have Flor De Cana 4 & 12 (former to mix, latter to sip) and they're wonderful :allears:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I've been resoundingly unimpressed with my Flor de Cana 12, no matter how hard I try to like it. It's just plain boring. How do you generally drink it?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ralith posted:

I've been resoundingly unimpressed with my Flor de Cana 12, no matter how hard I try to like it. It's just plain boring. How do you generally drink it?

Neat with 2 cubes.

I've definitely been more impressed with the 4 as a mixing rum, it's basically perfect in Coke

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

Can you goons recommend me a good starting rum? The only rum worth mentioning that I've had before is Lamb's Navy, which I like to mix with ginger ale or chai. I'd like to try my hand at sipping spirits but I have a feeling I'll end up mixing most of the time. Kind of tempted to go for Smith & Cross because every post about it makes it sound like nectar from the scurvy pirate gods but maybe I should save it for farther along my rum journey I dunno.

It's hard to say because rum is such a diverse spirit. If you have a nice bar in your area, try out a few there and see what you like before buying. Smith and Cross is loving amazing but it is NOT rum 101. Some broad categories with selections I like:

Light, bright, and clear (more for mixing but could be good to ease into things)
Flor De Cana 4
Banks 5 Island Rum

Aged, light, whiskeylike
Scarlet Ibis
Angostura 1919
El Dorado 5 or 8
Flor De Cana 7
Appleton VX

Heavy, sweet, molasses and spice (my personal favorite style, but so many people have gotten hosed up on garbage rum in college that 'sweet' rum is a harder sell sometimes)
Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
El Dorado 12 or 15

Pirate Juice (as Dave Wondrich calls it) Funky, high proof, kick to the head deliciousness
Smith and Cross
Hamilton Jamaica Pot Still or St Lucia Pot Still

Rhum Agricole (funky, grassy, earthy, intense)
Rhum JM Blanc
La Favorite Coeur De Canne
Clement Canne Bleue
St George Rhum Agricole

there are aged agricoles but on the whole I feel like they all deaden the essential agricole-ness and I don't recommend trying them before you acquaint yourself with agricole in general.

Cachaca is also a great cane spirit that can be delicious and the aged versions tend to be good as well. Just be sure to avoid cheap cachaca, unlike rum it's awful without exception.
Novo Fogo or Avua are great brands and I recommend any of their products.

Let us know what you end up finding, I'm always interested to hear what appeals to rum newbies and what doesn't since the rabbithole can get deep.

angor posted:

Smith and Cross is awesome, but I don't think I could sip it (is it even made for that?)

Yes, you can sip it. Once you get deep into spirits, stuff at 80 proof starts to taste watered down. Whether it's whiskey, rum, or whatever else, the higher the proof, the better. Maybe 151 is a little too hot but Smith and cross neat tastes real good at the end of a shift.

swimming anime fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 10, 2015

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I can drink 80 proof whiskey without flinching, but when I dared try the Denros Strong Rum it was like kerosene.

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

Ok, so I have 5 bottles of rum at the moment. Most of them were recommendations from this thread, so thanks guys for your great taste! Selection in Ontario is pretty decent and affordable (at least compared to whisky!), and I'm always looking out for something new to try. I see the LCBO (our Provincial Liquor store chain) got a new shipment of Smith and Cross, but they're not available in my city. :bahgawd:

Here are my comments on each one:

Flor de Cana 5 years old: Not sure why I picked this one up. Maybe I was thinking of the recommendations for the 4 year old? In any case, this rum is unpleasantly acidic, slightly resin-y. Not too sure how to describe the taste but it is definitely not a good sipping rum. The rest of this bottle will probably be mixed with juice or cola to make it palatable. :shrug:

Plantation Grande Reserve: This rum fairly straightforward. Big hits of vanilla-custard, right in your face. It tastes like dessert! A little too overpoweringly simple for sipping, but I can see this one making some killer mixed drinks.

Barbancourt 5 star 8 years old: This one needs to sit for a little while with a few drops of water. But what you get are these gnarly earthy tones (even a little metallic?!). It's good to sip when I'm wanting something different.

Pusser's British Navy Rum: I got a bottle of this last night since it was a few bucks off. It's pretty great! In smelling and tasting you get an amazing burnt caramel (sponge toffee?) and spices! The mouth feel is great as well. Really glad I picked this up.

El Dorado 12 years old: This rum is my favourite so far. Lovely enveloping brown sugar and spices.

I was pretty sure I had a bottle of Havana club (7 year old maybe) but I have no idea where it is, what it tasted like or if I finished it or not.

I'm wondering where to go next... I'm gonna impulse buy Smith and Cross whenever I do come across it. As for El Dorado, is it worth paying an extra whatever amount for the 15 year old? How does the Mount Gay line compare to the rums I've had? Any suggestions are welcome.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

swimming anime posted:

Yes, you can sip it. Once you get deep into spirits, stuff at 80 proof starts to taste watered down. Whether it's whiskey, rum, or whatever else, the higher the proof, the better. Maybe 151 is a little too hot but Smith and cross neat tastes real good at the end of a shift.

It's not the high proof that puts me off. I just feel like there's just so much going on and so aggressive that I wouldn't classify it as 'a sipper'. If you're happy sipping it, then by all means, enjoy away, but for someone who's just starting to explore rum and is looking for something to sip, it's probably not the best path to go down.

I haven't sat and sipped S&C in little while though, so I might give it another shot after work today :).

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Mahler posted:

Ok, so I have 5 bottles of rum at the moment. Most of them were recommendations from this thread, so thanks guys for your great taste! Selection in Ontario is pretty decent and affordable (at least compared to whisky!), and I'm always looking out for something new to try. I see the LCBO (our Provincial Liquor store chain) got a new shipment of Smith and Cross, but they're not available in my city. :bahgawd:

Here are my comments on each one:

Flor de Cana 5 years old: Not sure why I picked this one up. Maybe I was thinking of the recommendations for the 4 year old? In any case, this rum is unpleasantly acidic, slightly resin-y. Not too sure how to describe the taste but it is definitely not a good sipping rum. The rest of this bottle will probably be mixed with juice or cola to make it palatable. :shrug:

Plantation Grande Reserve: This rum fairly straightforward. Big hits of vanilla-custard, right in your face. It tastes like dessert! A little too overpoweringly simple for sipping, but I can see this one making some killer mixed drinks.

Barbancourt 5 star 8 years old: This one needs to sit for a little while with a few drops of water. But what you get are these gnarly earthy tones (even a little metallic?!). It's good to sip when I'm wanting something different.

Pusser's British Navy Rum: I got a bottle of this last night since it was a few bucks off. It's pretty great! In smelling and tasting you get an amazing burnt caramel (sponge toffee?) and spices! The mouth feel is great as well. Really glad I picked this up.

El Dorado 12 years old: This rum is my favourite so far. Lovely enveloping brown sugar and spices.

I was pretty sure I had a bottle of Havana club (7 year old maybe) but I have no idea where it is, what it tasted like or if I finished it or not.

I'm wondering where to go next... I'm gonna impulse buy Smith and Cross whenever I do come across it. As for El Dorado, is it worth paying an extra whatever amount for the 15 year old? How does the Mount Gay line compare to the rums I've had? Any suggestions are welcome.

If you like some of those plush dark toffee notes then it's worth your while to find some Ron Zacapa 23. It looks like you're mostly into sipping? Rhum Clement VSOP or Rhum JM VSOP are both elegant, while staying characteristically agricole – might be a nice expansion of your flavors so far. They can be pricey, however.

You might be interested in some of the nicer stuff from Appleton. It's kinda got a bourbon-y thing going on, but is well regarded. For something totally whacky, get a bottle of J. Wray and Nephew. It's a hot hot overproof (I think it's 126 proof), but the flavors are surprising and pretty nice actually. And if it's too much on its own, you can just drop a dollop of it into almost any rum cocktail to give it a bit more pizzazz.

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

Kenning posted:

If you like some of those plush dark toffee notes then it's worth your while to find some Ron Zacapa 23. It looks like you're mostly into sipping? Rhum Clement VSOP or Rhum JM VSOP are both elegant, while staying characteristically agricole – might be a nice expansion of your flavors so far. They can be pricey, however.

You might be interested in some of the nicer stuff from Appleton. It's kinda got a bourbon-y thing going on, but is well regarded. For something totally whacky, get a bottle of J. Wray and Nephew. It's a hot hot overproof (I think it's 126 proof), but the flavors are surprising and pretty nice actually. And if it's too much on its own, you can just drop a dollop of it into almost any rum cocktail to give it a bit more pizzazz.

Woah! Thanks for your reply. I've seen Ron Zacapa on the shelves but at 80 dollars CAN it's something I'm waiting to go on sale (not that the sales here are too spectacular). The VSOPs you mention are both unavailable, but Wray and Nephew is!

What would you consider a good starting point from Appleton? The stores here stock Special Gold, Estate V/X, the 12 year old ($40) and the 21 year old (at $149, way out of reach and edit: out of stock!).

Mahler fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 10, 2015

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

12 year is your best bet for Appleton. The V/X is okay, but it's more of a mixing spirit, and is not very refined. Full disclosure: it's been some time since I've had the Appleton 12 year, and at the time it wasn't my favorite rum. However, at the time I was also not enamored of Barbancourt 5 Star either, and that has since become one of my absolute favorites. Appleton 12 is a darling of rum enthusiasts, so it's certainly worth giving it a try. I've considered picking up another bottle myself one of these days.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Agreed, go for the 12 if you can. As I probably will after my last coffee for the day.

EDIT: And did.

Distorted Kiwi fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 11, 2015

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone ever heard of Providencia? I'm thinking of ordering a bottle for the gently caress of it since I can't find any info about it besides this: http://www.mayfairbrands.com/Providencia-rum.htm

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

Anyone ever heard of Providencia? I'm thinking of ordering a bottle for the gently caress of it since I can't find any info about it besides this: http://www.mayfairbrands.com/Providencia-rum.htm

Rando rum from some nobody brand is never a good idea. Keep in mind that they are not distilling this. They are buying barrels from whoever and blending it with presumably little skill. Probably cheap lovely barrels that the distilleries want to get rid of. It could be good, but it won't be great, and you won't be getting a good deal. I could be wrong but that site just gives me bad vibes.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Kenning posted:

For something totally whacky, get a bottle of J. Wray and Nephew. It's a hot hot overproof (I think it's 126 proof), but the flavors are surprising and pretty nice actually. And if it's too much on its own, you can just drop a dollop of it into almost any rum cocktail to give it a bit more pizzazz.

There's a reason it was introduced to me as being akin to being touched up by your dirty Uncle Ray. Terrible stuff neat :gonk:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Thanks for OP recommending Mt. Gay Eclipse. I picked up a bottle and tried mixing it with Coke, but fortunately switched to trying it straight. Absolutely delicious, I need to read more GWS threads.

Devoz
Nov 18, 2006

Mahler posted:

Woah! Thanks for your reply. I've seen Ron Zacapa on the shelves but at 80 dollars CAN it's something I'm waiting to go on sale (not that the sales here are too spectacular). The VSOPs you mention are both unavailable, but Wray and Nephew is!

What would you consider a good starting point from Appleton? The stores here stock Special Gold, Estate V/X, the 12 year old ($40) and the 21 year old (at $149, way out of reach and edit: out of stock!).

Based on the pricing and stock, I'm assuming you are in Ontario. Rum Dos Maderas Px 5 x5 rum was just released by the LCBO. Wonderful stuff, rum that was finished an additional 5 years in sherry casks in Spain.

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

Just checked, also out of stock : ( although there is a listing. The province just announced that beer is coming to select supermarkets (big news!). Here's hoping that spirits are next. I want cheap whisky at Costco goddamnit!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

mfcrocker posted:

There's a reason it was introduced to me as being akin to being touched up by your dirty Uncle Ray. Terrible stuff neat :gonk:

Really? I think W&N is terrible mixed in just about anything but it is a great drink straight up. Clean and strong with nice fruit esters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I think J. Wray is great no matter which way you twist it.

• Locked thread