Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

psydude posted:

I think I have a PT test next weekend or something. But maybe not since I have to travel for work next week. I haven't taken one in over a year and a half due to deploying. Nor do I care.

if you can't wake up fat and hungover and pass an apft then lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Few months until I ETS, one month until I start clearing. Took a PT Test with the next morning half drunk feeling and unshaven, still passed and then dry heaved for five minutes. I think I will singlehandedly reduce recruitment rates in my hometown soon.

EDIT: Haha nope got the green weenie, year left to go!

Ptolemaeus fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 1, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm in atlanta, and just learned the unit I'm going to doesn't even loving know I'm coming yet. I just texted the commander and she was surprised! WTF

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Geirskogul posted:

I'm in atlanta, and just learned the unit I'm going to doesn't even loving know I'm coming yet. I just texted the commander and she was surprised! WTF

This is common

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, get used to that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But she's blaming meeeeeeee

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Geirskogul posted:

my unit at campbell was pretty much a coin flip. we went in and sat at a desk and where we sat determined what company we went to.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Geirskogul posted:

Get used to that as well.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The finance guy says "normally we deactivate GOVCC cards for deployment but this is short notice so you actually need yours and I'll be sure to keep or active. In fact, pay $20 to have a new one rushed to you just in case or we won't let you go."

<I rush one to me, arriving the day before I left>

<They proceed to deactivate it anyway, leaving me stranded>

gently caress the army.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Geirskogul posted:

The finance guy says "normally we deactivate GOVCC cards for deployment but this is short notice so you actually need yours and I'll be sure to keep or active. In fact, pay $20 to have a new one rushed to you just in case or we won't let you go."

<I rush one to me, arriving the day before I left>

<They proceed to deactivate it anyway, leaving me stranded>

gently caress the army.

especially great since sato won't ticket until 72 hours prior to departure, so by the time you're going to leave and find out that you couldn't get ticketed it's too late to catch up with any finance dweebs. the card deactivation policy is really loving stupid

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
While several later tests showed Shawcross' intelligence to be sub-normal or even "borderline retarded", he received As and Bs in his first two years of grade school, but was later tested to have an I.Q. of 86, signifying low average intelligence. However, when tested in the army, Shawcross scored above average in intelligence tests

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

While several later tests showed Shawcross' intelligence to be sub-normal or even "borderline retarded", he received As and Bs in his first two years of grade school, but was later tested to have an I.Q. of 86, signifying low average intelligence. However, when tested in the army, Shawcross scored above average in intelligence tests

Makes sense, if you're looking for killers maybe you'll find them

Edit: But not the good kind, like what you wanted

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
real slick how they decided that some turd who raped and murdered 2 kids was good to go back into society after 12 year in prison

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ohshit and our flight is canceled until tomorrow, and my GOVCC has been canceled, and I'm stranded

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Ohshit and our flight is canceled until tomorrow, and my GOVCC has been canceled, and I'm stranded

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I already have done that for days.

gently caress it I'll shave in the "head" and sleep in the autopilot vending machine lounge again

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Geirskogul posted:

gently caress it I'll shave in the "head" and sleep in the autopilot vending machine lounge again

you're an idiot

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cole posted:

you're an idiot

Tell me something I haven't known for years cole

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Geirskogul posted:

Do they not have a USO there? They're pretty used to seeing dudes catching a deep dicking from the green weenie and will help out with all the stupid poo poo you need like razors so you don't look like you were flying after you were flying and a space to sleep when you're not flying for a few days because of orders fuckery.

Go ahead, ask me how I know. I dare you.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

god i loved shaving after a flight from kuwait or germany or whatever

war? what war?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I made a point of never shaving before flights or convoys.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

SumYungGui posted:

Do they not have a USO there? They're pretty used to seeing dudes catching a deep dicking from the green weenie and will help out with all the stupid poo poo you need like razors so you don't look like you were flying after you were flying and a space to sleep when you're not flying for a few days because of orders fuckery.

Go ahead, ask me how I know. I dare you.

USO is $40 away, this is at actual NAS.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I guess alms flipped or something, I had to redo my AAC cert today.

Also I dozed off during my hazmat cert course, then aced the test and got handed the cert anyway.

Several people failed and won't go on this mission now LOL

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

NTT posted:

Also I dozed off during my hazmat cert course, then aced the test and got handed the cert anyway.

That class is loving easy. I know the army takes idiots, but the class is literally "go to the table of contents, look up the regulation, write down the regulation," and so many people manage to fail.

That being said, never be the idiot that has to actually certify the hazmat.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nimmy posted:

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
the army is p gay

http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/04/indiana-national-guardsman-opts-totally-gay-drill-weekend/

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Nimmy posted:

That class is loving easy. I know the army takes idiots, but the class is literally "go to the table of contents, look up the regulation, write down the regulation," and so many people manage to fail.

Maybe they failed on purpose. I knew 11B NCOs who swore they'd flunk the Bradley master gunner course if they got sent so they wouldn't get locked out of light units.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

The Slithery D posted:

Maybe they failed on purpose. I knew 11B NCOs who swore they'd flunk the Bradley master gunner course if they got sent so they wouldn't get locked out of light units.

Counterpoint: Light units are loving godawful. I'd pay good money to see a study done on the impact of 10th's mandate to ruck every week, although you could probably just loving visualize it as the Trail of Tears with the VA serving as the pestilential cattle pen rez they get stuffed in.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cole posted:

you're an idiot

:ironicat:

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

NTT posted:

lol man i wont miss all that bullshit with certs

I NEED 100% OF THE NAMES ON THIS LIST TO COMPLETE THIS CERT OR NO ONE IS LEAVING

fml

That poo poo was op retarded

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Zeris posted:

god i loved shaving after a flight from kuwait or germany or whatever

war? what war?

Pretty sure I've told this story in here but a dude I knew went to Haiti with the 82nd in '94. They came back after six months but before anyone could deplane they sat on the tarmac for two hours, with families waiting, because everyone had to polish their boots.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Look, if anyone here knows idiots...

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
please dont coleshame this is a safe space

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

German trenches, April 1915: something something knowing history something doomed to repeat etc. etc.

https://makersley.com/plan-gallipoli-11-apr-1915/ posted:

[Major] Eger immediately acted like a brute. On the first day of his command, he ordered out the band. He forced the battalion to drill, goose-stepping along while the shells poured down on them. As each shell whizzed by, the men trembled, but Eger pretended not to notice it. He shouted at them that what they were doing was not a goose-step, but a funeral march. It was only too true, for a shell burst to the left, killing three men. Those standing nearby were covered with blood. Some were wounded, and some fled.

Eger continued the parade as though nothing had happened. He ordered that the men who had been fled should be punished. As to the dead, Eger pronounced their funeral oration. “Take away those pigs who didn’t know enough to fall in battle! And hurry up about it, because our drill isn’t over yet! If you don’t hurry, I’ll run over you with my horse and knock you all in a heap, you band of peasants!”

In this way, Eger celebrated his promotion.

https://makersley.com/return-to-ypres-woevre-12-apr-1915/ posted:

When he went into the trenches, there was always something to criticise. He had the soldiers build a little hut above his dugout, “to breathe a little fresh air”, he said. He only went in there when the French were not firing, and they destroyed his hut before two days were over. The following day, a note was found nailed to one of the beams. “If you wish to take an airing, go into the trenches instead of sitting down in front of the dead and laughing. We are patriots, not cowards.”

Eger was half-mad with anger. This was his vengeance. Every day the companies got some rum. That evening, he had only a few bottles distributed, and the rest was drunk in our dugout. Eger had invited all the officers. Soon he and Lieutenant Boettger, 18 years old, became so intoxicated that they got into an argument and nearly fought. Boettger was thrown out and left there, unconscious, so that the fresh air might revive him. Eger was pushed into the corner. Lieutenant Tietz and Lieutenant Schaeffer even wished to tie him, to keep him quiet.

The German papers are full of tales of such rows, always attributed to the Russians. Nevertheless, they sometimes also occurred in our army, the effect of rum stolen from the soldiers.

Apparently he was killed by a german bullet six months later

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
War, war never changes.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Geirskogul posted:

This is how the next few years of your life will work.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Equine Don posted:

This is how the next few years of your life will work.

And by the time you have acclimated you'll be a civilian again and will hate everyone that doesn't think like you now think

Southern Vulcan
Apr 5, 2007
A colorful mix of Boomshine and Logic
So I dunno if there is a better place to post this.

I'm gonna be a new intern at an army hospital in June. We have to wear ACUs despite us being doctors. The only boots I have are those terrible shits I bought at the uniform supply store. They don't fit right and give me blisters. I'm looking for the most comfortable sneaker-like boot I can find. According to the other docs they don't
do inspections for the doctors there so as long as it looks like it passes regs it's fine. I have huge feet (size 13) so what do you guys know that comes in my size and is actually comfortable.

Edit to add I'll pretty much just be walking around a hospital all day. So how well they kick in doors is pretty unimportant to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Southern Vulcan posted:

So I dunno if there is a better place to post this.

I'm gonna be a new intern at an army hospital in June. We have to wear ACUs despite us being doctors. The only boots I have are those terrible shits I bought at the uniform supply store. They don't fit right and give me blisters. I'm looking for the most comfortable sneaker-like boot I can find. According to the other docs they don't
do inspections for the doctors there so as long as it looks like it passes regs it's fine. I have huge feet (size 13) so what do you guys know that comes in my size and is actually comfortable.

Edit to add I'll pretty much just be walking around a hospital all day. So how well they kick in doors is pretty unimportant to me.

Are you an army medical officer who is doing an internship, or are you a civilian who is being forced to wear ACUs?

• Locked thread